00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,932,777 Views | 60,165 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 09:13:41

Sir Elite Guard Master Sergeant the_phantom16 requesting permission to join the Barrack. My account has been active for 84 days ( had account trouble before, wasn't interested in b/p before I got it fixed... ), back then I was a safety patroller and 84 days later I'm here. Also in 0.95 days I'll be moving on to my next rank. May I join Sir!

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 09:45:46

Private First Class psykolord reporting for duty SIR.
Within a few days, I should be moving on to the next rank, I've been told.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 10:52:31

At 12/1/05 03:51 PM, DonDoli wrote: Lieutenant General DonDoli reporting in.

Welcome, Lieutenant General.

At 12/1/05 08:40 PM, EagleRock wrote: Atten-HUT! Soldiers, salute to your two new Brigadier Generals that have arrived to the barracks, Brigadier General TITROTU and Brigadier General LittleMissVixen. It is an honor to see both of you here, sirs.

More and more people joining here. *salutes to TITROTU and LittleMissVixen* So many people asking to join. I can't keep up with all of them right now, sir.

At 12/1/05 10:41 PM, iscRulz wrote: Your save percentage is at 26%. Try working on increasing that. If in doubt save. Thats 10,000 and beyond, general.

I will keep at my pace on B/P'ing and wait patiently until I reach 10000 saves, Major General.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 11:00:48

At 12/2/05 09:45 AM, psykolord wrote: Private First Class psykolord reporting for duty SIR.

Yes sir, you clearly are not far away. Keep at it soldier, and you will be more greatly rewarded!

I just calculated my save percentage, and it lyes at 32%. I'd love to have it at 33, beacuse then blams are exactly twice as many as my saves. It'll look better on the scoreboard.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 11:08:47

Soldiers are you like me and write down on paper many stats, i have recently kept logs of daily blams saves and such, and since i have switched to protecting peoples work more the destroying it there have been some good quality movies...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 11:26:16

At 12/2/05 11:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: and since i have switched to protecting peoples work more the destroying it there have been some good quality movies...

wouldn't it be better if you get egsc and then try to equalize the blam-protect ratio?

words

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 11:29:23

At 12/2/05 11:26 AM, Zlurcsi wrote: wouldn't it be better if you get egsc and then try to equalize the blam-protect ratio?

With all due respect sir, it is only about 5,000 points. By the time General X has equalised his scores, he will probably have reached EGSC.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 11:58:37

At 12/2/05 05:32 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hello everyone...

Nor sure if this has been discussed but whats everyones take on the new mods recently chosen???

~X~

I assume, General, sir, that you are talking about the likes of Canas, Sarai, and those promoted to moderator? If that is the case, sir, I think it is good for the BBS, sir. I have heard many times in other realms of the thread that people think the mods are on all at one time, and some times are completely unmodded.

That is a problem, sir, and I think new mods will solve these issues. The more mods Wade Fulp sifts through, sir, the better chances of balancing out the moderator schedules.

At 12/2/05 09:13 AM, the_phantom16 wrote: Sir Elite Guard Master Sergeant the_phantom16 requesting permission to join the Barrack. My account has been active for 84 days ( had account trouble before, wasn't interested in b/p before I got it fixed... ), back then I was a safety patroller and 84 days later I'm here. Also in 0.95 days I'll be moving on to my next rank. May I join Sir!

Welcome, Master Sergeant the_phantom16, SIR! *salutes* I am glad you are interested in the barracks, sir! Also, I wish you good luck in achieving your Warrant Officership, as I am sure your commanding officers will feel you just for the role. Hooah!

At 12/2/05 09:45 AM, psykolord wrote: Private First Class psykolord reporting for duty SIR.

Welcome, Private First Class psykolord! Great to have you in the barracks, soldier! I have taken the liberty to inspect your record, and you have been quite an honorable PFC as others have told you. I reckon, given a long, hard day's work at the Portal, that your commanding officers will see you fit for a promotion. This is a big time for you, PFC psykolord! Your leadership days await you! Now get out on that Portal and prove yourself! Hooah!

At 12/2/05 11:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Soldiers are you like me and write down on paper many stats, i have recently kept logs of daily blams saves and such, and since i have switched to protecting peoples work more the destroying it there have been some good quality movies...

~X~
At 12/2/05 11:26 AM, Zlurcsi wrote:
At 12/2/05 11:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: and since i have switched to protecting peoples work more the destroying it there have been some good quality movies...
wouldn't it be better if you get egsc and then try to equalize the blam-protect ratio?

Well Priva....wait! SOLDIERS!

ATTEN-HUT! Fall in rank, soldiers, your Supreme Commander is here! Salute to Supreme Commander Zlurcsi! It is indeed an honor to have our first Supreme Commander here in the barracks, SIR. Might I ask, though, why you were under the guise of a private when you came in, sir?

In response to the blam/protects, sirs, I think that Commander Zlurcsi speaks fine words, but General XwaynecoltX does have a point. Sirs, if we get into the habit of shooting to kill without identifying the target, it is against the values we have set forth in this Elite Guard. I don't think of it as a drastic change in action on the Portal, but more as a change of mindset when on patrol. Remember that the Portal does have innocents out there, and it is our sworn duty to protect them. Thank you for listening, sirs!

*salutes*

I am glad that all of our fellow Elite Guards are congregating here in the Barracks! Discussion is way up, and this will undoubtedly be a great place in the future, not only for having fun, but for strategy forumulation.

In related news, my standard recon ops have produced further intel that the problem the NGPD HQ had has been quenched. Full resolution is imminent, and I trust Officer DarthMalentus' abilities to tie up the loose ends. That being said, soldiers, I will now go do my duty and protect our Portal! Hooah!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 12:12:56

At 12/2/05 11:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Soldiers are you like me and write down on paper many stats, i have recently kept logs of daily blams saves and such, and since i have switched to protecting peoples work more the destroying it there have been some good quality movies...

Not very much, sir. Only if i need to calculate my monthly average in any stat, but nothing else than that.

At 12/2/05 11:26 AM, Zlurcsi wrote: wouldn't it be better if you get egsc and then try to equalize the blam-protect ratio?

He'll probably be an egsc by the time he manages to create an equal ration. And may i point out sir, that your sig is rediculously out of date?

At 12/2/05 11:58 AM, EagleRock wrote: That being said, soldiers, I will now go do my duty and protect our Portal! Hooah!

Very well, though the portal is very low on unworthy flashes as of this moment, Staff Sergeant. But i will none the less be here and do my duty.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 12:20:35

At 12/2/05 11:58 AM, EagleRock wrote: Welcome, Master Sergeant the_phantom16, SIR! *salutes* I am glad you are interested in the barracks, sir! Also, I wish you good luck in achieving your Warrant Officership, as I am sure your commanding officers will feel you just for the role. Hooah!

Sir, thank you for letting me in the Barracks. I will do my best on the portal but regarding saving we both know that letting flash get through by any one could result in another Barney Bunch file switch... For the record I would like to state my dedication by telling you that I'm sick and have a temp' of 38.2 C yet I still sit here on the portal. I protectors work is never done. Also I'm sure every one is aware of the flash movie you receive by being the 200 voter to save and the 100, 150, 200 voter to blam. I would like to ask you how many of each has you seen because that data is only available to the actual user. Personally I have seen 4 savoir ones and 7 Blam ones. Care to share your? Sir!

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 12:40:29

i've gotten 7 blam flashes and 3 savior flashes, sir

Cry Havoc! Let Loose The Dogs Of War!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 13:35:27

At 12/2/05 12:20 PM, the_phantom16 wrote: I would like to ask you how many of each has you seen because that data is only available to the actual user. Personally I have seen 4 savoir ones and 7 Blam ones. Care to share your? Sir!

Master Sergeant, sir, I have not personally kept track of the flash I viewed. However, I believe it is around three times for saves and four times for blams, sir. I often do not see these flash, as I often move to attack of protect portal entrants immediately. However, I do catch one on occasion, and I must agree, sir, it is great.

At 12/2/05 12:40 PM, the_fallen_one1 wrote: i've gotten 7 blam flashes and 3 savior flashes, sir

Quite impressive for a Police Sergeant, the_fallen_one1! I'm sure you make the police department proud!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 13:59:03

At 12/2/05 11:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: With all due respect sir, it is only about 5,000 points. By the time General X has equalised his scores, he will probably have reached EGSC.

true, however, if he decides to blam or protect whatever he sees, rather than protect only, he'll obtain the egsc rank faster.
having equal numbers is nice, but i prefer getting more as many point as possible.

of course, if time isn't the problem for him, then he should go with nice, round number and an even ratio of b/p points.

At 12/2/05 11:58 AM, EagleRock wrote: ATTEN-HUT! Fall in rank, soldiers, your Supreme Commander is here! Salute to Supreme Commander Zlurcsi! It is indeed an honor to have our first Supreme Commander here in the barracks, SIR.

no need for such ceremony, i won't stay here for too long.

Might I ask, though, why you were under the guise of a private when you came in, sir?

it was the fastest temporary solution i came up with until i make a new sig. sure, i could take the egsc sig, but i wanted to see how people react (unfortunately, you guys check profiles).

words

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 14:07:22

At 12/2/05 11:58 AM, EagleRock wrote: ATTEN-HUT! Fall in rank, soldiers, your Supreme Commander is here! Salute to Supreme Commander Zlurcsi! It is indeed an honor to have our first Supreme Commander here in the barracks, SIR.
no need for such ceremony, i won't stay here for too long.

No matter, Commander, sir! We honor your presence and are aware that Supreme Commanders have many duties to attend to more important than inspecting the Barracks. We appreciate your stopping by though, sir, and you are of course welcome at any time!

Might I ask, though, why you were under the guise of a private when you came in, sir?
it was the fastest temporary solution i came up with until i make a new sig. sure, i could take the egsc sig, but i wanted to see how people react (unfortunately, you guys check profiles).

Very good, sir...I like your style. But know you can't slip much past the Elite Guard, sir... :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 14:53:17

Quite impressive for a Police Sergeant, the_fallen_one1! I'm sure you make the police

department proud!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 14:54:29

thank you sir

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 14:55:03

At 12/1/05 11:23 PM, major_punk wrote: Starting Monday im going to remove all the users from the membership list who have not made a second post but keep them in a seperate... pile.
At 12/1/05 11:43 PM, TITROTU wrote: I think that's an excellent idea. People who join clubs and never participate in them are just plain rude.

Part of this may be due to the fact that sometimes clubs can sometimes gain the speed of a speeding bullet up the backside of a bat out of hell, making it awkward for once-a-day club checkers like myself to remain active.

At 12/2/05 08:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: *Salutes a whole damn lot within fifteen seconds*

Careful, Master Sergeant. You may just concuss yourself, and have to put you on sick leave.

All this talk of a good Save-to-Blam ratio has made me realise that 40% of my recognised duties on the portal have been in the protection category. I shall make it my goal to get these two values balanced to 50% each, but I shall not let up on my duty. Rather, I shall prioritise the flashes with names that look like they shall be protected, before cleaning up what remains are left of the blammed.

My other goal is to raise my whistle level to Gold, as I have had silver for quite some time now, but have neglected in my efforts agains abusive and malicious content in the previous year. I shall refer to the Abusive Reviews thread on my return to the barracks.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 15:03:15

At 12/2/05 11:58 AM, EagleRock wrote: ATTEN-HUT! Fall in rank, soldiers, your Supreme Commander is here! Salute to Supreme Commander Zlurcsi!

*Salutes to Zlurcsi*

At 12/2/05 01:59 PM, Zlurcsi wrote: no need for such ceremony, i won't stay here for too long.

Still, sir, it is an honor to have you in our presence. I hope someday I will earn a rank as honorable as yours.

At 12/2/05 02:55 PM, DaMainman wrote: My other goal is to raise my whistle level to Gold, as I have had silver for quite some time now, but have neglected in my efforts agains abusive and malicious content in the previous year.

Good luck with that, Private, it will be an extremely hard road to finish.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 16:13:57

At 12/1/05 10:48 PM, LittleMissVixen wrote: Affirmative. It won't happen anytime in this year, although next year it may be harder to follow your orders. As for the boob job comment, I have a feeling I'd rather not know what you mean by that...

As your were. In 2006 I suspect many of the EGBG will be passing me. As for the boob job comment the US give free breast augemantions Thats what I heard from a tonight show.

At 12/1/05 11:23 PM, major_punk wrote: The wonders of Notepad, I tried to start a Excel Sheet going but its frustrating because I dont know the easy way to swap names. IscRulz help?

I dont know if theres an easy way I just copy or cut and insert a rew row and paste it.

Starting Monday im going to remove all the users from the membership list who have not made a second post but keep them in a seperate... pile. If they return i will return them to the list in their respective order.

Ya? Na?

Yay

At 12/2/05 12:22 AM, EagleRock wrote: Thank you, sir. I hope you find my findings good, sir.

I have found them. I sent my son to join the Police Department to futher strengthen our relationship.

Hello General ~X~

Nor sure if this has been discussed but whats everyones take on the new mods recently chosen???

Hmm well the general citizens are angried over sarai she hasnt been a member long enough to please them. Jos is a male verison of ramagi in posting. And ah I am not going through each one.

At 12/2/05 08:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: If I may SIR! There is also a good dental plan, SIR! *salutes*

*salutes back* I will used the dental plan in it fullest extenet up to the maxium allowable deductions.

At 12/2/05 10:52 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: I will keep at my pace on B/P'ing and wait patiently until I reach 10000 saves, Major General.

All is well Brigadier. I have full faith in you that you will reach the milestone in saves. So what are your plans after reaching Supreme Commander. Stopping, retiring at certian numbers, continuing.

At 12/2/05 11:00 AM, Frostbreath wrote: I just calculated my save percentage, and it lyes at 32%. I'd love to have it at 33, beacuse then blams are exactly twice as many as my saves. It'll look better on the scoreboard.

I am just above 33% saves. I have been above 28% this whole year. Good luck solider. The exact 2 to 1 portion is 33. (3-bar)%

I have a daily log of my total b/p since June allow with the rank number.

At 12/2/05 11:26 AM, Zlurcsi wrote:

Permission to speak freely Supreme Commander iamnone. I hope those sigs come well and our collab if your working on it. fasfdadswda I agree with going for egsc first missing all those blams is an expensive sunk cost.

At 12/2/05 03:03 PM, TITROTU wrote:
At 12/2/05 02:55 PM, DaMainman wrote: My other goal is to raise my whistle level to Gold, as I have had silver for quite some time now, but have neglected in my efforts agains abusive and malicious content in the previous year.
Good luck with that, Private, it will be an extremely hard road to finish.

I would say impossible road to finish.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 16:19:17

At 12/2/05 04:13 PM, iscRulz wrote: All is well Brigadier. I have full faith in you that you will reach the milestone in saves. So what are your plans after reaching Supreme Commander. Stopping, retiring at certian numbers, continuing.

I'm glad you mentioned that, sir. Once I reach EGSC, I have planned to semi-stop B/P'ing and try and get my alt to reach 1500 blams and 0 saves. I will still save flashes with my main account and blam crappy flashes with my alt.

I have thought of once reaching EGSC, get my alt to 1500 blams, so it's Elite Guard Private without a single save, Major General. After that, continue B/P'ing with my main account fully.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 18:05:49

At 12/2/05 02:54 PM, the_fallen_one1 wrote: thank you sir

You're welcome, Lieutenant the_fallen_one1! Congratulations on your rank advancement! I have seen you in action due to our intel ops, and have seen your recent mediation work you have done at the HQ. I was getting worried with the absence of Officer DarthMalentus and the actions of certain officers. You, no doubt are an excellent candidate for Officer DarthMalentus' second-in-charge. My recommendation to him is as such. All I can say is that you will serve the HQ well, and will damn sure make an excellent Elite Guard recruit.

At 12/2/05 02:55 PM, DaMainman wrote:
At 12/1/05 11:43 PM, TITROTU wrote: I think that's an excellent idea. People who join clubs and never participate in them are just plain rude.
Part of this may be due to the fact that sometimes clubs can sometimes gain the speed of a speeding bullet up the backside of a bat out of hell, making it awkward for once-a-day club checkers like myself to remain active.

Good point, Private. However, anyone that is taking the Barracks seriously must be able to devote some time to it!

All this talk of a good Save-to-Blam ratio has made me realise that 40% of my recognised duties on the portal have been in the protection category. I shall make it my goal to get these two values balanced to 50% each, but I shall not let up on my duty. Rather, I shall prioritise the flashes with names that look like they shall be protected, before cleaning up what remains are left of the blammed.

Admirable stance, Private! I do not have quite as lofty of a goal, but I do wish to keep my B/P ratio to 2:1 or around there.

My other goal is to raise my whistle level to Gold, as I have had silver for quite some time now, but have neglected in my efforts agains abusive and malicious content in the previous year. I shall refer to the Abusive Reviews thread on my return to the barracks.

That is a hard task, Private...only the best of whistle-blowers can hope to achieve it! Good luck with that goal, Private!

At 12/2/05 04:13 PM, iscRulz wrote:
At 12/1/05 11:23 PM, major_punk wrote: The wonders of Notepad, I tried to start a Excel Sheet going but its frustrating because I dont know the easy way to swap names. IscRulz help?
I dont know if theres an easy way I just copy or cut and insert a rew row and paste it.

I just realized, sir, that you can sort users by a column! Simply update the users' B/P points, and everything else will work out.

At 12/2/05 12:22 AM, EagleRock wrote: Thank you, sir. I hope you find my findings good, sir.
I have found them. I sent my son to join the Police Department to futher strengthen our relationship.

Excellent work! Thank you for your support in this matter, Major General, sir!

At 12/2/05 03:03 PM, TITROTU wrote: Good luck with that, Private, it will be an extremely hard road to finish.
I would say impossible road to finish.

With all due respect, sir, nothing is impossible if someone puts their mind to it. I trust Private DaMainman, if he keeps his resolve towards this goal, will eventually, after long and hard work, obtain his goal. However, it is simply a matter of the soldier being up to the task. That is something the Private must sort out with himself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 18:54:41

Hello

Lets see 51 mods now I only reconize about half of them. Im fine with the new mods at least i know who they are.

I think Slightly_Crazy_Dude should still be mod and i dont know why he isnt anymore do you know?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 19:17:54

At 12/2/05 01:59 PM, Zlurcsi wrote: it was the fastest temporary solution i came up with until i make a new sig. sure, i could take the egsc sig, but i wanted to see how people react (unfortunately, you guys check profiles).

Haha, clever. However, my reaction was that you've been very inactive on the BBS, but that didn't seem to be the case. But i guess i got a reaction similar to something i presume you hoped for. Like thinking you've missed something. Sir.

At 12/2/05 04:13 PM, iscRulz wrote: I am just above 33% saves. I have been above 28% this whole year. Good luck solider. The exact 2 to 1 portion is 33. (3-bar)%

200. Though i see your point. Fun to see you having my goal ratio, sir.

At 12/2/05 06:54 PM, major_punk wrote: I think Slightly_Crazy_Dude should still be mod and i dont know why he isnt anymore do you know?

He got out voted by the other mods, partly beacuse he was inactive, partly beacuse he made some stupid topic about asian women. I believe.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 19:19:30

Did you guys see this

http://www.newground../topic.php?id=388970

tomarrow might be barney bunch day, as the Elite Guards of the Portal, I think we have job to do tomarrow.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 20:11:49

At 12/2/05 07:17 PM, Frostbreath wrote: He got out voted by the other mods, partly beacuse he was inactive, partly beacuse he made some stupid topic about asian women. I believe.

It was this thread that got him demodded. Later, he explained in this thread that it was an apparent joke.

At 12/2/05 07:19 PM, Turk wrote: tomarrow might be barney bunch day, as the Elite Guards of the Portal, I think we have job to do tomarrow.

Good catch, Staff Sergeant, but be aware that tomorrow is also Milano Day. It is no doubt that the Barney Bunch will use that to their advantage. They will probably disguise their flash is be a M-Day flash, then once it passes judgement, they will swap the file as they always do. Be sure you can tell the difference between the two.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 20:30:49

Could one of you explain to me how file swapping works? I mean, I've seen its effects, when I've gone on missions to take out abusive reviews, but I still don't know exactly how it can work. :\
On another note, I plan to do double shifts on the portal over the weekend, to help clear out the trash. I've found something particularly useful for those of us who find a need to run a Disk Cleanup after Protecting four or five movies. I tend to do recon on movies/games with a file size under or right around 1,000 KB. Sadly, these usually are low-quality, so it tends to become a "search-and-destroy" mission on my part. So, if you're looking for high-quality FLashes to raise your Protection point count, it's often worth it to examine the high filesize flashes. Of course, these can also just be lousy movies with some music or a different type of animation that results in the high filesize, but these are exceptions to the rule, not the rule itself.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 21:11:49

I checked both links about the Barney Bunch and the Milano Crew...

On eachs website i couldnt find any special topics about submitting numerous different flashes in the forums, or maybe i just didnt see it.

Milano Crew Forum and the Barney Bunch Forum too bad for me I wont be home much tommorow, It appears that we could have 500+ flash submitted. Alot of B/P points there...

Dammit

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 21:15:37

At 12/2/05 07:19 PM, Turk wrote: Did you guys see this

http://www.newground../topic.php?id=388970

tomarrow might be barney bunch day, as the Elite Guards of the Portal, I think we have job to do tomarrow.

Excellent intel ops, Staff Sergeant Turk! I see your standard recon missions are doing us well! I propose the Elite Guard be at DEFCON 3 until midnight tomorrow night. If any Barney Bunch flash comes through the Portal, DEFCON 1 should immediately be enforced. We must protect the Portal, Guards! Be wary!

At 12/2/05 08:11 PM, TITROTU wrote: Good catch, Staff Sergeant, but be aware that tomorrow is also Milano Day. It is no doubt that the Barney Bunch will use that to their advantage. They will probably disguise their flash is be a M-Day flash, then once it passes judgement, they will swap the file as they always do. Be sure you can tell the difference between the two.

Excellent evaluation, Brigadier General, SIR! Some light recon on my part shows other groups will be on alert tomorrow, including a group called the Powergivers. I think the Elite Guard should have many allies out there. I shall journey to the Police Headquarters to alert them to this intel. Thank you for your input, sir!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 21:26:11

At 12/2/05 08:30 PM, psykolord wrote: Could one of you explain to me how file swapping works? I mean, I've seen its effects, when I've gone on missions to take out abusive reviews, but I still don't know exactly how it can work. :\

File swapping, PFC psykolord, is very simple. Barney Bunch users submit flash content that is suitable for the Portal. After the file passes submission, the sumbit a new file and change the name. This is how fileswapping works, PFC. Be alert tomorrow, as your skills will be tested.

I recommend the Barracks attempt to post warning signs or known flash content used to get the Barney Bunch past submission. Obviously we will not be able to prepare the information soon enough for tomorrow, but it is a good idea for the future.

On another note, I plan to do double shifts on the portal over the weekend, to help clear out the trash. I've found something particularly useful for those of us who find a need to run a Disk Cleanup after Protecting four or five movies. I tend to do recon on movies/games with a file size under or right around 1,000 KB. Sadly, these usually are low-quality, so it tends to become a "search-and-destroy" mission on my part. So, if you're looking for high-quality FLashes to raise your Protection point count, it's often worth it to examine the high filesize flashes. Of course, these can also just be lousy movies with some music or a different type of animation that results in the high filesize, but these are exceptions to the rule, not the rule itself.

Sounds great, PFC. Good luck tomorrow!

At 12/2/05 09:11 PM, major_punk wrote: Milano Crew Forum and the Barney Bunch Forum too bad for me I wont be home much tommorow, It appears that we could have 500+ flash submitted. Alot of B/P points there...

Dammit

Sad state, soldier. I myself will be forced to go AWOL from 8AM to around 5PM. I hope the other Elite Guard members can support the Portal!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-02 21:29:16

Sir! Permission to enter. SIR!

You're my banana

BBS Signature