00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,966,152 Views | 60,496 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-08 17:06:15

...Did this dude linked us his own site here? This isn't even a game.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-09 21:12:55

Private IceDragon64, reporting for duty, sir.

Sorry, I've been away on other duties for a little while, well, maybe quite a long while, about a decade, but I am back and tonight I am shooting down "tests". The blighters think this is some kind of Alpha area, where we will tolerate them submitting "codswallop" as we used to say when I was a nipper. If anyone cares to take a gander over there to the Portal, they might find some easy pickings with "tests". Anyhow, the old barracks still looks much like I remember it, except it is quieter, of course. Any chance of a cuppa?

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-09 21:30:07

At 2/9/19 09:12 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: Private IceDragon64, reporting for duty, sir.

Welcome back PFC IceDragon! Are you back-back now? I recall you having some stuff on the go that was also keeping you away from the wikia.

Any chance of a cuppa?

We have Pico Black Tea steeping if you'd like some.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-09 23:59:45

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726160 This one is a recording of the users videos for sale on a T.V. I dont see any real animation (besides the videos he's physically filming) Other than that, there's no animation.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 00:19:27

At 2/9/19 11:59 PM, ZomAlien wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726160 This one is a recording of the users videos for sale on a T.V. I dont see any real animation (besides the videos he's physically filming) Other than that, there's no animation.

Removed.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 02:59:23

At 2/10/19 12:19 AM, Big-Boss wrote:
At 2/9/19 11:59 PM, ZomAlien wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726160 This one is a recording of the users videos for sale on a T.V. I dont see any real animation (besides the videos he's physically filming) Other than that, there's no animation.
Removed.

Huh. I thought that'd be fine, considering the commercial was made by him. I forgot to change my score to a blamming one yesterday though, so this evens it out.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 04:09:33

Hey Zom, when you post links, post the link on it's own line, with nothing before or after it. When you post anything before or after it, it looks like this:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726160 This one is a recording of the users videos for sale on a T.V....

But, when you post it on it's own line, with nothing before or after the link, it looks like this:

This helps everyone figure out what's been reported much more easily. :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 06:38:28

At 2/9/19 09:30 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 2/9/19 09:12 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: Private IceDragon64, reporting for duty, sir.
Welcome back PFC IceDragon! Are you back-back now? I recall you having some stuff on the go that was also keeping you away from the wikia.

Any chance of a cuppa?
We have Pico Black Tea steeping if you'd like some.

Thank you, sir. I dropped back in for my annual winter checkup of Wikigrounds and found a writing competition, so I have been writing for it since. I also had to investigate various changes that have happened here- in reality trying to understand what happened in 2012 onwards.

Back-back? You can expect me to at least pick up the latest writing challenge every month and then enter it three weeks later, I should think, and of course I can't EVER come here and not "catch me some blams" as they say. It amuses me that I still have such a high ranking in the Responses list after being gone for most of ten years! All you do is write reviews to people in Judgment and they reply!

What? There seems to be no proper dunking biscuits for our tea? No Rich Tea, no Digestives...? Are there no proper British people round here these days? Good Heavens, I will have to get my staff to get onto it right away, sir, THIS is IMPORTANT !

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 08:21:42

I believe this to be stolen from here.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 08:53:03

At 2/10/19 08:21 AM, ShockFromBL wrote: I believe this to be stolen from here.

Taken down and messaged the author.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 14:28:06

Not an animation, just stationary video footage of a wall, while some dude slams his sausage fingers on a piano nonsensically.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 18:41:46

At 2/10/19 04:09 AM, Exedor wrote:
Hey Zom, when you post links, post the link on it's own line, with nothing before or after it. When you post anything before or after it, it looks like this:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726160 This one is a recording of the users videos for sale on a T.V....

But, when you post it on it's own line, with nothing before or after the link, it looks like this:

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726160

This helps everyone figure out what's been reported much more easily. :)

Thanks i've been trying to figure that out

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 19:03:00

What is the EGB attitude towards "Tests", these days- five-ten second scraps of perhaps good quality material, but with no finish or point to it? I have no tolerance for it, myself, but I'm willing to listen to anyone who has a good word for it...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-10 19:07:53 (edited 2019-02-10 19:08:40)

At 2/10/19 07:03 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: What is the EGB attitude towards "Tests", these days- five-ten second scraps of perhaps good quality material, but with no finish or point to it? I have no tolerance for it, myself, but I'm willing to listen to anyone who has a good word for it...

For me, it varies based on the individual submission. I do find that I'll vote a passing score if there's a clear amount of effort and skill. If it's a 3 second stickman or Madness loop, however...

I try to keep an optimistic view that the user will see a passing score as incentive to continue working towards completing their project. I like blams as much as the next soldier, but in the end I find a bit more tangible value in softly encouraging people to develop their skills through voting (and reviews, thought I've slacked off hard there).

Vote your conscience.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-11 01:08:54

At 2/11/19 01:00 AM, JosephStarr wrote: Is there an Art Portal equivalent to this outfit on the forums?

No, and any attempt to start one gets shut down quickly.

The art mods are really on top of their portal. Things that are in research might take a while longer, but for the most part, flags are checked and attended to quickly.

Ever since the migration there's alot of work to be done in the E Rated section by itself, let alone the entire portal.

Points aplenty, right?

(I got a bronze whistle on Age Rating corrections alone.)

Keep at it bro! See where it got me?

and then there's stuff like this:
//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/superpcgamer/swastika-2

Gone. ....see how fast that was? :3

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-11 03:58:58

Both of these are made using Renderforest. Renderforest is a program that allows you to automatically make stuff like this using premade clips in a couple of minutes. Neither of these are real animations that took real effort.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-11 06:42:24

At 2/11/19 03:58 AM, sekru wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726259
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726260
Both of these are made using Renderforest. Renderforest is a program that allows you to automatically make stuff like this using premade clips in a couple of minutes. Neither of these are real animations that took real effort.

Both gone, just like those movies it took no effort.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-11 06:55:21

At 2/10/19 07:07 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 2/10/19 07:03 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: What is the EGB attitude towards "Tests", these days- five-ten second scraps of perhaps good quality material, but with no finish or point to it? I have no tolerance for it, myself, but I'm willing to listen to anyone who has a good word for it...
For me, it varies based on the individual submission. I do find that I'll vote a passing score if there's a clear amount of effort and skill. If it's a 3 second stickman or Madness loop, however...

I try to keep an optimistic view that the user will see a passing score as incentive to continue working towards completing their project. I like blams as much as the next soldier, but in the end I find a bit more tangible value in softly encouraging people to develop their skills through voting (and reviews, thought I've slacked off hard there).

Vote your conscience.

Ah, in that respect, I am are rare breed. My conscience dictates that I often review something if it shows merit, but simply to acknowledge the potential and no more- even though I know the review will be blammed along with the sub. I then blam the crap out of it because I don't think we want a vast collection of scraps on here and I resent them being uploaded.

My unrecorded score of Replies to reviews on blammed subs would probably make me no 3 here on Replies and no 20 in reviews, but like you I believe in doing as I would be done by, not just stat-whoring.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-14 10:53:51

Another renderforest creation.

As a refresher Renderforest is a tool that lets you make stuff like this automatically using premade animation templates, therefore it's not made by the uploader.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-14 15:32:58

At 2/14/19 10:53 AM, sekru wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726480
Another renderforest creation.
As a refresher Renderforest is a tool that lets you make stuff like this automatically using premade animation templates, therefore it's not made by the uploader.

"You can do anything" *

*doesn't include the ability to upload Renderforest videos.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-16 05:00:29

It's literally just a music video with eddsworld character's faces crappily edited in. Not an original animation.

Uses audio from the official music video of Aqua's "Barbie girl"

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-16 05:09:19

At 2/16/19 05:00 AM, sekru wrote: It's literally just a music video with audio from the official music video of Aqua's "Barbie girl"

Yeah, pretty much. Gone. :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-16 07:30:45

Seems to be taken from here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-16 11:11:44

Original author is Nick Jr. It is stated at the beginning.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-17 05:55:39

Posting here instead of flagging outright because I'm not entirely sure whether or not this is allowed. I've found this on the front page today and it irks me:

Compare these (from 2015 and 2016, respectively):

So it doesn't seem like an upload of something that exists already, but it's still as blatant a rip-off as it gets. So how far does the "stolen" policy go?

--Pvt. First Class DamnedByFate

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-18 01:35:23

This game takes you to another window for help about your computer if you click the "?" mark in the so called game.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-18 20:56:08

Is this really just a recording of a single frame?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-18 21:23:15

At 2/18/19 08:56 PM, GUTHRIE wrote: Is this really just a recording of a single frame?

It sure is

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-19 20:17:14

Stolen from here. Submitter is a repeat offender (from June maybe?)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-02-20 04:30:58

Same animation submitted on 2 different accounts ; Both under judgement (at the time I wrote this) :

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature