00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,968,662 Views | 60,509 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-03 22:50:32

At 6/3/18 08:21 PM, YomToxic wrote: Whoa. I didn't even know this was a thing.

Hey Yom! That's a thing, yo! ^^^ :3

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-05 09:28:03

YouTube rip of Panda Eyes - Fuck Off on GalaxyMusic.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 03:28:25

This is stolen content from the TV show.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 07:12:22 (edited 2018-06-06 07:13:21)

At 6/6/18 03:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is stolen content from the TV show.

That guy is a serial thief. The audio is also stolen, and I can only guess the art is as well. Also they originally came to my attention for the username being similar to another flash thief, who conveniently commented on one of the audio.

I think they're the same user using alts to create the impression of an established legit account through faves/reactions/etc.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 13:22:35

This is stolen content from the TV show.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 17:53:27

I've been watching danielamaral84's submissions with scrutiny lately and finally found some evidence that they are not submitting their own work. This submission:

Looks to be a rip of an older game, one version of which is here.

http://www.topgamesplayer.com/game/run-run.html

Please let me know if you can find any evidence that this is legitimate. The huge variation in danielamaral84's quality and artwork is pretty telling, though.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 19:11:52

Alright, I found another instance of theft.

danielamaral84 submitted this game two days ago

But it's a direct copy of Tremerz from 2010 with swapped assets

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 19:16:19

At 6/6/18 05:53 PM, GUTHRIE wrote: I've been watching danielamaral84's submissions with scrutiny lately and finally found some evidence that they are not submitting their own work. This submission:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712289
Looks to be a rip of an older game, one version of which is here.

http://www.topgamesplayer.com/game/run-run.html

Are you saying all of his submissions are no good? Should we be giving them all an zero?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 19:19:33

At 6/6/18 07:11 PM, GUTHRIE wrote: Alright, I found another instance of theft.

So is there a chance that these are part of an asset library for whatever program they use? I see the base original, but I’ve seen the same with people using tutorial walkthroughs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 19:34:23 (edited 2018-06-06 19:37:09)

At 6/6/18 07:16 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Are you saying all of his submissions are no good? Should we be giving them all an zero?

I think the concern is more whether to prove enough to justify a flag. Advocating to v0te a certain way is a dangerous path to go down, since EGB once had a rep of mass downvoting to counter fifening by Clock Crew and others. Vote based on whatever criteria you subscribe to. You can always flag something later on if more information is presented.

Edit: sorry for doubling down in the edit period. I hit reply from the notifications panel and didn’t notice this was above my previous post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 20:50:03

At 6/6/18 07:34 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 6/6/18 07:16 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Are you saying all of his submissions are no good? Should we be giving them all an zero?
I think the concern is more whether to prove enough to justify a flag. Vote based on whatever criteria you subscribe to. You can always flag something later on if more information is presented.

That makes sense. That account will continue to make animations, and I will keep a close eye on them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-06 22:01:57

I am becoming more confident that they're all asset swaps of previous games. We should not be giving them all "an zero" because that wouldn't accomplish anything now that they've passed judgement. I will continue to flag them as I find their original sources.

At 6/6/18 07:19 PM, Peregrinus wrote: So is there a chance that these are part of an asset library for whatever program they use? I see the base original, but I’ve seen the same with people using tutorial walkthroughs.

I don't think that matters, especially given how most of these games are not from tutorials. Games based on tutorials are generally not allowed in the portal anyway.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-08 15:14:43

This is not an animation. Author even states " I know it's not an animation, "

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-09 11:11:45

Uses the opening of Gravity Falls, loops and repeats itself, uses multiple voice clips from several episodes of Gravity Falls, as well as SFX and music. The background is, I believe, taken from official Gravity Falls sources. Bill Cypher is either taken fromthe show or is an extremely faithful recreation. There are minor alterations it seems, but I've been using Google Images for this so I got this from various sources. Doesn't matter anyways, we got him pinned down for the audio.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-09 15:12:37

I got a message about blocked popups. That qualifies for a spam flag, right?

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-09 16:41:41

At 6/9/18 03:12 PM, Thegamingtrickster wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712391
I got a message about blocked popups. That qualifies for a spam flag, right?

I didn't get that message. Can you post a screenshot?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-09 16:55:32

At 6/9/18 04:41 PM, GUTHRIE wrote: I didn't get that message. Can you post a screenshot?

It appears it's been deleted.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-10 19:34:49

Looks like the intro to one of the GTA games if someone knows.

I’m without computer access for a few more days so I can’t do my usual researching to find source.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-10 21:03:21

At 6/10/18 07:34 PM, Peregrinus wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712488

I’m without computer access for a few more days so I can’t do my usual researching to find source.

If it looks suspicious just give it a r0und sc0re and m0ve 0n.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-10 23:04:14 (edited 2018-06-10 23:05:38)

At 6/10/18 07:34 PM, Peregrinus wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712488

It is NOT a game intro. It could be Source Film Maker or something similar, but it is not game footage. There was a guy a while back that was making Batman episodes, and this entry looks a lot like whatever software he was using. I see no issues with it. Except the sucky music. And the lack of voice acting. And the ghetto theme. And...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-11 21:09:10

This seems to be a shameless advertisement for the author's website.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-11 22:25:39

At 6/11/18 09:09 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712537

Actually, it's a poorly done, giant stomping thru a city mess, reminiscent of 2004 Flash spam. Not sure where there's an ad for anything, but I know people will be sure how to vote on this 0ne.

It'll probably barely pass. x(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-11 23:54:36

At 6/11/18 10:25 PM, Exedor wrote:
At 6/11/18 09:09 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712537
Actually, it's a poorly done, giant stomping thru a city mess, reminiscent of 2004 Flash spam. Not sure where there's an ad for anything, but I know people will be sure how to vote on this 0ne.
It'll probably barely pass. x(

I was not sure if there was a rule against advertising an author's website through an entire animation? Thanks for the information.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-12 01:14:30

At 6/11/18 11:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I was not sure if there was a rule against advertising an author's website through an entire animation? Thanks for the information.

Not necessarily. Although, his account seems to have been deleted. It must've been his request, or he was screwing up elsewhere, because that wouldn't be a result of one spammy submission. Oh well, bye bye, I guess.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-12 01:24:11

Can anyone get this to work?
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712367#
Name: qwert
PW: qwert

Yeah, generic UN/PW for generic game

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-13 14:27:49

Yeah, this is just gameplay of Bendy and the Ink Machine.
First clue is the fact the description says so. I've compared it to a Youtube video and, yeah, everything looks the same and the voice at the start is too. Also, the framerate is just awful, and I don't see why anyone would incorporate that into an original animation. That's a stolen flag, right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-13 14:28:00 (edited 2018-06-13 14:29:09)

Yeah, this is just gameplay of Bendy and the Ink Machine.
First clue is the fact the description says so. I've compared it to a Youtube video and, yeah, everything looks the same and the voice at the start is too. Also, the framerate is just awful, and I don't see why anyone would incorporate that into an original animation. That's a stolen flag, right?

Also, I swear I didn't mean to doublepost, it was an accident.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-13 20:51:00

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-16 15:57:00

It is a green circle. There is no animation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-06-16 16:20:59

At 6/16/18 03:57 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712741
It is a green circle. There is no animation.

There is something more than just a green circle if you wait long enough. It is certainly a very low effort submission, but I don't think it deserves a flag.