00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dunso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,933,357 Views | 60,176 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 02:17:49

Fine then I'll post it anyway.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 02:23:42

At 12/16/15 02:17 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Fine then I'll post it anyway.

...post what? Enagames doesn't have anything in their account.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 02:24:28

At 12/16/15 02:23 AM, Exedor wrote:
At 12/16/15 02:17 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Fine then I'll post it anyway.
...post what? Enagames doesn't have anything in their account.

LMAO! Well Merry fucking Christmas to me.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 02:27:30

At 12/16/15 02:24 AM, gamejunkie wrote: LMAO! Well Merry fucking Christmas to me.

Nah, I saw the list. You earned the regular Christmas. :3

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 03:02:02 (edited 2015-12-16 03:05:22)

At 12/16/15 02:27 AM, Exedor wrote:
At 12/16/15 02:24 AM, gamejunkie wrote: LMAO! Well Merry fucking Christmas to me.
Nah, I saw the list. You earned the regular Christmas. :3

Speaking of Christmas, nothing outright rulebreaking, but it's this guy again... with the garbage sounds and the terrible art. Granted, it's slightly better on the art end, but the "music" is still that crap he pastes into midi, looks like. I reviewed him last time and he "doesn't want to use music from NG". Jesus Christ.

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 03:24:29

At 12/16/15 03:02 AM, EDM364 wrote: Speaking of Christmas, nothing outright rulebreaking, but it's this guy again... with the garbage sounds and the terrible art. Granted, it's slightly better on the art end, but the "music" is still that crap he pastes into midi, looks like. I reviewed him last time and he "doesn't want to use music from NG". Jesus Christ.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/667522

If it's not rule-breaking, then there's no need to report it. I talked to this guy a while back about his "show and tells" (or, 'speed paints' to the rest of us), and he doesn't seem to want to stop submitting, or change much about them. I suppose he'll improve with practice. ... ,':|

For now, he's ok to submit, so vote whatever your heart desires.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 03:33:40

At 12/16/15 03:24 AM, Exedor wrote: or change much about them. I suppose he'll improve with practice. ... ,':|

I wonder if he'll eventually get to the point like those shovelware submitters and start filling the portal with two a day. Shared more because I was annoyed by the fact that he essentially refused a viable option of improving his work. Suppose he'll just keep getting another one of my strong suggestions in the review box every submission. I'm quite surprised stuff like this is getting through now.

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 04:06:31

At 12/16/15 01:01 AM, Exedor wrote:
At 12/16/15 12:58 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Wow! Just Wow! Okay I'm reporting it because of the obvious use of the Nintendo characters but give it a chance to be 'Bla***d' before you delete it please.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/667519
It's going one way or another. I voted so let's see what happens...

It's a broken game, so it's what the people love and will pass with flying colours. I got rid of this abomination now. Way too bad to give the Nintendo lawyers a chance to awake from their slumber to knock on Mr. Fulps door again.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 04:11:18

I know this account has had all its stuff previously deleted hence why they currently only have 1 submission, this one. I could've sworn they were on MY list, alas they were not but alas they are now.

http://gracegirlsgames.newgrounds.com/

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 04:47:19

At 12/16/15 04:06 AM, Asandir wrote: It's a broken game, so it's what the people love and will pass with flying colours. I got rid of this abomination now. Way too bad to give the Nintendo lawyers a chance to awake from their slumber to knock on Mr. Fulps door again.

Well damn, that's one less blam I'll be getting. Kidding. Not like half the users actually look at flashes lately.

What about these two? I'm sure you've seen, but the first one is a non-working alpha. Second one is the same buggy game with a menu applied, essentially. I know that reuploads of the exact same flash are delete-worthy. What about having two versions of the same game where virtually nothing was changed? Just trying to get a feel of the exact policies here. It's been a long time since I've frequented the barracks, and the portal has changed a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 06:33:39

I'm not sure how to define this. Corporate advertisement maybe ?

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 06:43:18 (edited 2015-12-16 06:49:22)

At 12/16/15 06:33 AM, LexaHergon wrote: I'm not sure how to define this. Corporate advertisement maybe ?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/667537

Sounds accurate to me. It's gone now.

At 12/16/15 04:47 AM, EDM364 wrote:
What about these two? I'm sure you've seen, but the first one is a non-working alpha. Second one is the same buggy game with a menu applied, essentially.

I got rid of the first one, since the second one actually kind of works and is just a straight upgrade of the first with the menu, an actual description and such.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 09:59:23

At 12/15/15 07:28 PM, EDM364 wrote: Get a load of these junk/abusive reviews. I'm not the greatest at whistling. Could someone point out what qualifies as abusive? Terms are a little lax. The 5's are obviously just junk, with maybe the exception of "Time to touch myself".

Here's some abusive reviews for you pal.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 10:04:52

At 12/16/15 09:59 AM, ChaingunSnake wrote: Here's some abusive reviews for you pal.

mod cleaned it up, didn't see anything there :D

If you got some spare time, please review/critique some of my content right here.

Thank you very much :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 10:27:07

At 12/16/15 10:04 AM, BakayaroDaWickrayz wrote: mod cleaned it up, didn't see anything there :D

Seems like it.
Also just a thing,it seems the latest movies always have abusive reviews so keep an eye out for that.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 10:40:23

At 12/16/15 10:27 AM, ChaingunSnake wrote:
At 12/16/15 10:04 AM, BakayaroDaWickrayz wrote: mod cleaned it up, didn't see anything there :D
Seems like it.
Also just a thing,it seems the latest movies always have abusive reviews so keep an eye out for that.

yep. we should help in case the mods missed it :)

If you got some spare time, please review/critique some of my content right here.

BBS Signature

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 21:07:26

I'm aware of it; I doubt it will survive.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 21:19:06

At 12/16/15 09:07 PM, Exedor wrote: I'm aware of it; I doubt it will survive.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/667573

LMAO! I just came to report it and ask that you left it there for the obvious Bl** point. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 21:31:00

At 12/16/15 09:07 PM, Exedor wrote: I'm aware of it; I doubt it will survive.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/667573

lol, 1 sec of nothingness :D, it's okay to give it a perfect round score right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 23:32:30

At 12/16/15 09:31 PM, BakayaroDaWickrayz wrote: lol, 1 sec of nothingness :D, it's okay to give it a perfect round score right?

Voted appropriately. There's been a rash of these lately. Swear they're trying to catch us slipping.

@Exedor and @Asandir, I wanted to commend you. You keep this place clean and you keep your humor. You have no idea how thankful I am to have competent mods around. Nine years ago, stolen/malicious crap had about a 50% chance of getting through, but with you two on the job, not a snowball's chance in hell. And @gamejunkie and @DeftonesFan665, you do a great job of helping too.

Now, just gotta get that silver whistle.

Mods, is it safe to say batches of abusive flash reviews can be reported here? There isn't really another place to do so now that Rage's thread is locked.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-16 23:46:45 (edited 2015-12-16 23:46:54)

At 12/16/15 11:32 PM, EDM364 wrote: @DeftonesFan665, you do a great job of helping too.

Hey, you do a good job of helping out as well, so give yourself a pat on the back.

Now, just gotta get that silver whistle.

Mods, is it safe to say batches of abusive flash reviews can be reported here? There isn't really another place to do so now that Rage's thread is locked.

I'm not a mod, but I don't think it would be something to do. Rage's thread was locked for a reason.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 00:00:00

At 12/16/15 11:46 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Hey, you do a good job of helping out as well, so give yourself a pat on the back.

Nah, just another incompetent oldie popping in from time to time. I'll get there, though. I just wanted to say how thankful I am that this place is the way it is now. There was a time when we worried about mods coming down on us for our policies, or worried about it basically being a gentleman's club where we waved our badges around in dick-measuring competitions, but seeing it now is almost enough to bring tears to my eyes. I couldn't be more proud.

I'm not a mod, but I don't think it would be something to do. Rage's thread was locked for a reason.

It was, but that was because mass amounts of people were abusing it for whistle points, not because they were actually all that concerned with keeping NG clean.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 00:22:30

At 12/16/15 11:32 PM, EDM364 wrote: @Exedor and @Asandir, I wanted to commend you.

Thank ya! :*)

You keep this place clean and you keep your humor.

Asandirbot! They believe us to be human and have humor. We have successfully infiltrated the human barracks!

And @gamejunkie and @DeftonesFan665, you do a great job of helping too.

Agreed! :)

No thread is necessary. Art and reviews can still be reported by clicking a button:
- Art: you click the flag symbol above the image.
- Reviews, you click the 'Abusive' button underneath the review: [ + ] [ - ] [ ! ] <--- That one.
- Audio: Report it in the Audio Portal Clean Up thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1375322/1
- Flash & Games: report them here (obviously). :)

If you find one abusive review, go to their account and check the other reviews. Often, they'll have others that are abusive, too.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 01:14:34

At 12/17/15 12:00 AM, EDM364 wrote:
At 12/16/15 11:46 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Hey, you do a good job of helping out as well, so give yourself a pat on the back.
Nah, just another incompetent oldie popping in from time to time. I'll get there, though.

That's what you think. Your help is appreciated whether you think so or not. You're a fine EGB member. :)

I just wanted to say how thankful I am that this place is the way it is now. There was a time when we worried about mods coming down on us for our policies, or worried about it basically being a gentleman's club where we waved our badges around in dick-measuring competitions, but seeing it now is almost enough to bring tears to my eyes. I couldn't be more proud.

It looks like things have changed for the better then and I'm glad for that.

It was, but that was because mass amounts of people were abusing it for whistle points, not because they were actually all that concerned with keeping NG clean.

You don't know that for sure, though. It could be either one, or perhaps both scenarios for someone. Either way, if we let people post links to abusive reviews here, we would have people coming in who don't give a shit about what we do and only want free whistle points. It never was a good idea and it never will be. If users want a better whistle they need to actually earn it, not get spoon fed whistle points.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 01:21:05 (edited 2015-12-17 01:24:59)

At 12/16/15 11:32 PM, EDM364 wrote: Now, just gotta get that silver whistle.

Thanks EDM, you do a fine job yourself.
Now, first things second. You send a PM with a link to the abusive reviews to everyone you know that wants to up their Whistle status. Got to give some of the good guys a chance to get their whistle stats up. Then the following day PM BrenTheMan and give him the link and he'll most likely mass delete them like he did with those 2 previous guys reported here.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 01:54:25

At 12/17/15 01:21 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Now, first things second. You send a PM with a link to the abusive reviews to everyone you know that wants to up their Whistle status. Got to give some of the good guys a chance to get their whistle stats up.

You do what he said. You just don't admit it.

Then the following day PM BrenTheMan and give him the link and he'll most likely mass delete them like he did with those 2 previous guys reported here.

Actually, You all flag them all via the [ ! ] buttoon and we review mods remove them. No PM's necessary. I removed over 100 today. I've banned 5 people in the last day or so because ...

Because they left reviews like this guy: http://johnnyfivepunch.newgrounds.com/reviews/movie

I will remove these reviews and ban this guy *ahem* tomorrow morning. Since, I have a headache and need to crash into bed. (Seriously)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 02:17:36

@Exedor @gamejunkie @deftonesfan665, not quoting because that would be a needlessly long post and I just finished wrapping Christmas presents, typing with one hand. Thank you very much for the kind words and advice.

Exedor, I was already aware of the '!' button, but the extra clarification brought a smile to my face. Show's you're patient -- definitely the right guy for the job here. I know I ask a lot of questions. I was simply inquiring as I wasn't exactly sure how the whistle system worked, i.e. how many flags it took for an abusive review to appear in your queue. A few years back, I think it took more than one because a lot of people reported flagging reviews like "gay" and going from normal to garbage after a few days. They may have been exaggerating.

I'm hoping I'm able to stick around the Barracks long enough to help make a difference. School can get in the way of the time I have for NG and sadly often does. This site has been dear to me long since before I signed up. I'm always happy to do what I can to help keep it clean.

Thanks for the tips! I'm off to check the UJ for a bit and relax.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 02:24:18

At 12/17/15 02:17 AM, EDM364 wrote: @Exedor @gamejunkie @deftonesfan665, not quoting because that would be a needlessly long post and I just finished wrapping Christmas presents, typing with one hand. Thank you very much for the kind words and advice.

We take care of our own. :)

I'm hoping I'm able to stick around the Barracks long enough to help make a difference. School can get in the way of the time I have for NG and sadly often does. This site has been dear to me long since before I signed up. I'm always happy to do what I can to help keep it clean.

Hey, we all have priorities that come first, so you're not alone. We all can't be on NG all of the time. In the end, what matters is that you do your best when you can.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-12-17 02:28:56

still here after two days so staying forever i guess