Be a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

  • 1,620,186 Views
  • 48,380 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-14 15:21:22 Reply

  • Trololo!
    Trololo! by WinStarOS

    My cat XDDD

    Score
    1.97 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    1,651 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

now that i look back on it, it's a really obvious stolen submission. you can find it by searching "trololo cat" on YouTube.

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-14 18:03:51 Reply

At 2 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589933
now that i look back on it, it's a really obvious stolen submission. you can find it by searching "trololo cat" on YouTube.

Did you take into consideration that the author says that that is his account on youtube? I'm not saying he's telling the truth, but we have no hard evidence it is stolen.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-15 20:35:59 Reply

  • The McDonalds Game
    The McDonalds Game by Supritec

    Ever wanted to run McDonalds on a game? Maybe not O.O

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    31 Views
    Rated
    Ages 13+

The person who submitted admits that it is stolen. Also, I am sure you all played this game years ago.


autistic screeching

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 11:17:37 Reply

The "Artists should not beg for high votes" is still an enforced rule, right? Does offense of this rule only warrant deletion of the author's comments or of the user?

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 11:55:57 Reply

At 36 minutes ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: The "Artists should not beg for high votes" is still an enforced rule, right? Does offense of this rule only warrant deletion of the author's comments or of the user?

I tend to see author comments with those in them from time to time, tends to only be if it is a newer user and wants people to go easy on them. Kind of sad in a way since they never bother to try to dumping grounds instead so they could get some actual input from users on how to improve it. Most tend to get blammed by users watching/playing then voting.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 13:01:15 Reply

At 1 hour ago, SCTE3 wrote:
I tend to see author comments with those in them from time to time, tends to only be if it is a newer user and wants people to go easy on them. Kind of sad in a way since they never bother to try to dumping grounds instead so they could get some actual input from users on how to improve it. Most tend to get blammed by users watching/playing then voting.

Or if it's from a kid. Though to be fair, I've tried posting WIPs of mine in the animation forum linking to the Dumping Grounds and barely anybody says anything.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 13:03:44 Reply

At 1 minute ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Or if it's from a kid. Though to be fair, I've tried posting WIPs of mine in the animation forum linking to the Dumping Grounds and barely anybody says anything.

Could do what others do then and link to it in the inbox of friends you have on here to see what they think needs to be changed or updated on it.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 13:45:14 Reply

At 40 minutes ago, SCTE3 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Or if it's from a kid. Though to be fair, I've tried posting WIPs of mine in the animation forum linking to the Dumping Grounds and barely anybody says anything.
Could do what others do then and link to it in the inbox of friends you have on here to see what they think needs to be changed or updated on it.

That's what I do now. So I take it that begging for high votes isn't considered a very bad offense, then? I've never heard of any cases involving this.

Also, is it just me or when flagging a review as abusive, it doesn't register?

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 14:44:55 Reply

At 58 minutes ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Also, is it just me or when flagging a review as abusive, it doesn't register?

Which browser are you using? It works fine for me in Opera 11.51. I have a great way of checking, as well - trying to moderate the review straight after flagging, so I can see that my flags were applied ;)


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 16:08:06 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Coop wrote:
At 58 minutes ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Also, is it just me or when flagging a review as abusive, it doesn't register?
Which browser are you using? It works fine for me in Opera 11.51. I have a great way of checking, as well - trying to moderate the review straight after flagging, so I can see that my flags were applied ;)

Google Chrome. Sometimes when I click the abusive button it looks like it doesn't do anything.

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-16 22:23:00 Reply

At 6 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Google Chrome. Sometimes when I click the abusive button it looks like it doesn't do anything.

It doesn't register for me as well. It seems that it doesn't register if you go to the user's page and then flag from there -- if you do so, the icon doesn't change.

What you need to do is you need to go to that submission and then search for the review, which can be cumbersome if it's a popular submission which has loads of pages and that review is buried deep in the pages.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-17 00:15:15 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Gimmick wrote:
At 6 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Google Chrome. Sometimes when I click the abusive button it looks like it doesn't do anything.
It doesn't register for me as well. It seems that it doesn't register if you go to the user's page and then flag from there -- if you do so, the icon doesn't change.

What you need to do is you need to go to that submission and then search for the review, which can be cumbersome if it's a popular submission which has loads of pages and that review is buried deep in the pages.

I noticed that. Though thanks to the redesign, or maybe this feature was always there, I can sort from rating and always go to the low ratings of popular submissions. Gay William Johnson, for example, has tons of abusive reviews.

phantomlassuk
phantomlassuk
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-17 20:39:04 Reply

I went on the portal the other day I really do like viewing UJ movies shame, I don't do it more often. Would have been cool to have new badges instead of the old ones. For reviews that what I do I go to the low scores nows stars instead of numbers. I hope some of the authors who left came back like TheWeebl miss his flashes.


Archer I'm a good shot!

Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-18 08:53:19 Reply

At 10 hours ago, phantomlassuk wrote: I went on the portal the other day I really do like viewing UJ movies shame, I don't do it more often.

A member of the EGB going to the portal and watching under judgement flashes?! No, I simply don't believe it ;).

Would have been cool to have new badges instead of the old ones.

I agree. The old badges now stick out compared to the rest of the website. I was quite disappointed when the badge system was completely untouched in the redesign. But who knows, they might change it yet.

I hope some of the authors who left came back like TheWeebl miss his flashes.

I think TheWeebl released a flash not too long ago.


FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-18 10:26:58 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Decky wrote: I agree. The old badges now stick out compared to the rest of the website. I was quite disappointed when the badge system was completely untouched in the redesign. But who knows, they might change it yet.

I agree as well. I found it quite a disappointment when I found out that there were no additional B/P ranks after the redesign, as I'd hoped to get a higher maximum voting power. I also expected to get a nice looking badge after the redesign so I could possibly stop. Ah well, this only steels my resolve to get that ubiquitous Sup. Commander rank and join the rest of those who have.

Am I using the word "ubiquitous" properly?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-18 17:07:47 Reply

  • Money Market
    Money Market by AlphaCore1

    Make Money Magically Manifest More Money

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    17 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

Is this a rule-breaking flash too? It only links to another website, so I think it is.

At 8 hours ago, Decky wrote:
At 10 hours ago, phantomlassuk wrote: I hope some of the authors who left came back like TheWeebl miss his flashes.
I think TheWeebl released a flash not too long ago.

Yup


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-18 17:24:13 Reply

At 15 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592121
Is this a rule-breaking flash too? It only links to another website, so I think it is.

Very rule breaking, if it just links to somewhere outside the site and contains no game play or content at all then it's pretty much breaking rules.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-19 12:46:04 Reply

At 19 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592121
Is this a rule-breaking flash too? It only links to another website, so I think it is.

The one thing to double check when you come to report these is that the tags haven't been edited and locked to "deletion". An author isn't going to put their own tag to that, so a mod has already got to it. While we're in the "no-man's land" of no mods at the moment, that's a great way to ensure that nothing that shouldn't get through does.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-19 19:51:17 Reply

I've been noticing an awful lot of generic "Spot the Difference" games in the portal. http://austerity.newgrounds.com/news/post/696363#comments

Scroll down and look at Tom's post.

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-19 20:01:44 Reply

At 8 minutes ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: I've been noticing an awful lot of generic "Spot the Difference" games in the portal. http://austerity.newgrounds.com/news/post/696363#comments

Scroll down and look at Tom's post.

Yup, it's always by the same accounts too.

I usually give a fat zero. There's clearly no effort, it's just the same recycled platform, hyper generic crap.

It's the equivalent of having a bunch of games factory clones with different colors and objects.

Maybe it's time for a new revolution
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-19 20:10:07 Reply

At 13 minutes ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: I've been noticing an awful lot of generic "Spot the Difference" games in the portal. http://austerity.newgrounds.com/news/post/696363#comments

Scroll down and look at Tom's post.

He's on top of things here on Newgrounds. People just assume they'll pass and vote for the easy way.
There's so many terrible games... It's not even the copycat biking games that get me anymore. It's the "find X" games. Find numbers, find differences... I mean, come on now. We're not looking for Carmen San Diego here...
And I believe it's commonly agreed that these games simply stink.


Dora's Bike | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-19 20:26:28 Reply

At 10 minutes ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: And I believe it's commonly agreed that these games simply stink.

I agree, it's annoying that they almost always pass though :/. I personally find the typical generic dress-up games to be the worst. I see quite a few of them getting uploaded every week. I can't help but wonder who achually enjoys clicking and dragging items of clothing onto some celebraty or general cartoon person. Maybe I'm just not the target market.


FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-19 20:42:11 Reply

At 10 minutes ago, Decky wrote: Maybe I'm just not the target market.

The target audience is probably young girls, which conflicts with the site's tradition target audience of teenage boys. I don't know who it was who saw NG and decided, "hey, we should put really girly games here!"
NG is not the most friendly and welcoming place for children.

Who knows, maybe there's an underground group of aging men who enjoy these games, sort of like the My Little Pony shenanigans.


Dora's Bike | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-19 22:53:24 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
Who knows, maybe there's an underground group of aging men who enjoy these games, sort of like the My Little Pony shenanigans.

Don't even get me started on how freaking weird the whole Pony thing is.

Anyway, I think their thinking that by spamming the website with their mediocre games they can get some revenue from ads. Even thought they're essentially idiots for thinking that, that's the only reasoning I can see out of this.

And it passes because people around here have the attitude that it's decent enough to pass. Nobody votes 1. So if it's decent enough to pass, they'll vote 2. Not 1. Even though it likely deserves a 1.

I'd really like to see the statistics on how many people actually vote 1.

Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-20 05:30:39 Reply

At 6 hours ago, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Who knows, maybe there's an underground group of aging men who enjoy these games, sort of like the My Little Pony shenanigans.
Don't even get me started on how freaking weird the whole Pony thing is.

I have to admit that I know nothing about the whole Pony take over that seems to have happened quite quickly a good few months back now. I remember My Little Pony being quite big about 12 years ago as one of my cousins collected the toys but how come teenage guys have started to like this new, more cartoony version? Is there something I'm missing here? Has it gone funny or is it just to be a little "different"? Seriously I don't get it.

I'd really like to see the statistics on how many people actually vote 1.

I vote 1. So there is one for the statistics ;).


FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-20 10:34:59 Reply

At 11 hours ago, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
Who knows, maybe there's an underground group of aging men who enjoy these games, sort of like the My Little Pony shenanigans.
Don't even get me started on how freaking weird the whole Pony thing is.

Anyway, I think their thinking that by spamming the website with their mediocre games they can get some revenue from ads. Even thought they're essentially idiots for thinking that, that's the only reasoning I can see out of this.

And it passes because people around here have the attitude that it's decent enough to pass. Nobody votes 1. So if it's decent enough to pass, they'll vote 2. Not 1. Even though it likely deserves a 1.

I'd really like to see the statistics on how many people actually vote 1.

Agreed. Before the redesign took away the Top Uploaders list, girl games were already dominating the list with their awful dress-up games. I vote 0 on dress-up and spot-the-difference games, though the worst part is seeing them pass with a 3.15.

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-20 13:05:24 Reply

At 2 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Agreed. Before the redesign took away the Top Uploaders list, girl games were already dominating the list with their awful dress-up games. I vote 0 on dress-up and spot-the-difference games, though the worst part is seeing them pass with a 3.15.

I think those users are no longer on those lists because I remember seeing their 300 or 400 odd flashes go down to 200. Not bad, there's a start.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-20 20:16:24 Reply

At 7 hours ago, Gimmick wrote:
At 2 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Agreed. Before the redesign took away the Top Uploaders list, girl games were already dominating the list with their awful dress-up games. I vote 0 on dress-up and spot-the-difference games, though the worst part is seeing them pass with a 3.15.
I think those users are no longer on those lists because I remember seeing their 300 or 400 odd flashes go down to 200. Not bad, there's a start.

Those "lists" are no longer there and they no longer link to them. If you go to the original Top Uploaders list, it was last updated August 2007.

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-21 06:57:09 Reply

At 10 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Those "lists" are no longer there and they no longer link to them. If you go to the original Top Uploaders list, it was last updated August 2007.

But there was a list that showed igirlgames and some other uploaders in the top uploaders list...what list was that?


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-03-21 11:25:03 Reply

At 15 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote:
At 7 hours ago, Gimmick wrote:
At 2 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: Agreed. Before the redesign took away the Top Uploaders list, girl games were already dominating the list with their awful dress-up games. I vote 0 on dress-up and spot-the-difference games, though the worst part is seeing them pass with a 3.15.
I think those users are no longer on those lists because I remember seeing their 300 or 400 odd flashes go down to 200. Not bad, there's a start.
Those "lists" are no longer there and they no longer link to them. If you go to the original Top Uploaders list, it was last updated August 2007.

Hopefully when it gets updated those cookie cutter accounts will be excluded from the list. Mostly because they could care less about who likes the games, just free advertising for their five second dress up games.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature