byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Programmer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:22 AM Reply

Thanks for the roster update, Jolly.

Next month may be odd - with the pending updates to Newgrounds I may have to do some interesting work to make the "old" stats mesh with "new" stats - especially if new ranks or levels are added, or if the underlying HTML is altered. I'm gearing up to do the analysis and code changes as soon as the revisions are made public (unless I can get some preliminary info from Coop...pretty please?!?!?!?!...about the user stat pages and how the forum threads are presented...hmmmm)

At 2/2/12 08:19 AM, Coop wrote: Thanks, it's been a long journey, but one that was certainly worth it.

No. B/P / Gain / Average / Level / Change / Username / Rank / Posts / Level
01) 00,644 | 0,982 | 31.68 | B | -020.74 | Coop Sup. Commander | 8 | C
02) 85,904 | 1,307 | 42.16 | A | -002.83 | byteslinger Sup. Commander | 10 | C
That's once around the clock. The counter only supports five digits, so I'm reduced to the bottom of the pack again. Hmm... perhaps we should put me down there and see how fast I can catch some of the lower ranked members, to lap them :P

Oops! The website shows the correct value - the export function lopped it at 5 digits. Guess I'll have to make it 6 - that will be changed for the next roster. So, how's it feel being in the elite 6-digit club?

I'm glad to see new members joining - remember that we still have two pending member votes (BrokenDeck and fa2mann) that need to be finalized sooner than later, so if you haven't voted yet, please do so.

Thanks again, Jolly, for the roster - see you all at the front!

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB |-Barracks Info-|-EGB BBS-|-EGB Website-|

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 2/1/12 03:15 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Speaking for other people, I see. What you consider entertaining and meaningful is different for someone else. Perhaps some people are content with a certain way to spend their lives? I know the prospect of forcing everyone to do what you believe is worthwhile would give you a major hard on, but give yourself a reality check.

It is true that an idiot is happy with what he knows.

So, who's to say the other 12 hours aren't spent on things such as these?

Hmm I don't know. 24 hours - 12 hours of computer time = 12 hours of free time.

I guess if you don't sleep or work you could spend 12 hours on meaningful things. Good point.

Why are you implying one can't both have useful skills and play games often? How much more of a nanny can you sound right about now?

Good hand eye coordination and problem solving skills?

A nanny?

So it would be ok so long as people got paid for spending loads of time at a computer or tv? I mean, it may be unhealthy for the brain and body, but who needs that when you've got money?

So, you are admitting it's unhealthy for the brain and body? That's the first time you've made sense in your post.

If you spend 3-4 hours a day doing things that are healthy for your mind and body then it will offset the time you spend working at a desk in front of a computer. It's that simple.

Listen to you dictate what is productive and what's meaningless. Last time I checked, no one is in any position to tell anyone else what's meaningful to them.

It's my opinion. Feel free to take it how you want it. If you can't discern an opinion and decide not to follow it, that's not my issue.

It actually is very silly, trying to claim what everyone else but you SHOULD be doing.

I don't think I'm following you. I said everyone including myself should be doing things that are more productive and meaningful than just mindlessly playing video games or watching tv for 12 hours a day. you seem to draw conclusions out of thin air.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 2/2/12 09:22 AM, byteslinger wrote:
At 2/2/12 08:19 AM, Coop wrote: That's once around the clock. The counter only supports five digits, so I'm reduced to the bottom of the pack again. Hmm... perhaps we should put me down there and see how fast I can catch some of the lower ranked members, to lap them :P
Oops! The website shows the correct value - the export function lopped it at 5 digits. Guess I'll have to make it 6 - that will be changed for the next roster. So, how's it feel being in the elite 6-digit club?

Aaw, I quite liked the idea of having gone once around the clock - it makes me feel like a rusty old car, that shoudl soon be sent for scrap. Mind you, on that analogy, I'm out to prove it wrong :P

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 01:45 AM Reply

stolen game:

Original source:
http://www.pencilkids.com/the-vault/bowj a-3-expansion-game-the-fall-of-yokai-fla sh-game/

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal, Chat and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 2/4/12 01:45 AM, Asandir wrote: stolen game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 9396
Original source:
http://www.pencilkids.com/the-vault/bowj a-3-expansion-game-the-fall-of-yokai-fla sh-game/

can't you guys atleast pm me the abusive before posting it so I can whisle points as well?

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 11:58 AM, tsukikomi wrote: can't you guys atleast pm me the abusive before posting it so I can whisle points as well?

I think you misunderstand what our group stands for. We are not a club that helps others to get the best whistle and highest rank, we are here to help keeping the site clean from rulebreaking stuff. Feel free to check this thread regularly for abusive submissions or report ones that you find here. Anyways, if you want to get a better whistle, then you should look out for abusive reviews under the most recent submitted flashes and the flashes on the frontpage. But be sure that the reviews you flag are really abusive. When you are unsure, then better don't flag it.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal, Chat and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 05:57 AM Reply

• Lazy Liz
    Lazy Liz by tryforce1

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Stolen from

http://www.beer-games.net/games/515/lazy -liz

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

BBS Signature
IzzyDude
IzzyDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 07:39 PM Reply

I suppose this is unsuitable since it says a word that I'm not allowed to post on the BBS on the preloader.

idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 08:18 PM Reply

Flag for use of the n word.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM Reply

Possibly Stolen Flash

This flash states in the discribtion that it is by the makers of the iPhone app called iGun. I don't think looking at the users page he could have made such a thing. I don't really have the time to find out at the moment so if somebody else wants to go for it. I'm just bringing it up.

• iGun
    iGun by funfreestuff

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Ages 13+

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Programmer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 09:53 AM Reply

10 minutes to go...reminds of this little conversation from "2001: A Space Odyssey"

"Dr. Chandler?..."

"What is it, HAL?"

"Will I dream???..."

See you all on the other side!

*SALUTES*

BBS Signature
SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 7th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

Redesign!

I think I'm...super horny.

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 7th, 2012 @ 10:19 PM Reply

I'm not sure if I like the redesign, I'm more of a fan of the 2007 redesign.

I'll give it time to get use to it until I can know my way around the site.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 7th, 2012 @ 10:21 PM Reply

There seems to be some issues with the redesign, such as parts not updating and I think somethings, such as the project system, might be overly complicated. There are a lot of good things but the FAQ is also lacking at the moment, no list of levels like there used to be and the B/P rank images are bugged, lol.

Anyway, there are plenty of neat things and keeping a Classic Portal is also good, but I wonder how much it will work with processing Under Judgement submissions, time will tell there. The Project system has a lot of nice things about it and allows for greater sharing over Newgrounds and someone who is given a Manager position can respond to reviews, this makes crew accounts more useful for submitting crew flash for the leaders to respond to without logging into the crew account all the time.

It'll take a lot of getting used to and forums now have avatars as well as levels, auras are odd and so forth, it's a huge leap, bigger than I expected.

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 7th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

Well Hello there, new design...

Just stopping by to check out what changes are going on. Seems like stat whoring still isn't rewarded enough, so it's difficult for me to wish to continue B/Ping after so very long. Still, nice work everyone, keep it up.

*flee*

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC
NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.
I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature
phantomlassuk
phantomlassuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 7th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

The redesign is odd at the moment the site was like down for two days I think. I see no more TOTW shame the layout is kinda confusing, I like the look its different then the old one. Been waiting for the site to come back the new level icons look kinda odd not to sure yet I will need to give it time. Cant say I hate it though. Its colorful but I dislike not having the five a day message when you vote why remove that feature?! Still its nice to have the site back!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Archer I'm a good shot!

byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Programmer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Well, that was a fun trip. After waiting about 36 hours, I finally managed to see daylight - and then the site kept going up and down like a drunk with a yo-yo. The new layout is nicer - especially with all these huge icons for us old, blind users. The stat page, although cute, is missing some data, like sign-up date and experience per day and response counts to all the reviews in the 4 categories (art, audio, movie and game). It would be nice to see all of that info on one page again.

I am now trying to re-tool my stat programs, but testing has been rough with the server bouncing up and down. If things settle down, I'll have my coding changes done in a day or so (NG Logs, EGB and NGPD stat scanner and revised INI settings for the PC-based stat tool used by Bahamut, Coop, Auz and a few others).

I also noticed that the additional voting power (based on your experience level) may not be active anymore. I was happy with that 60% boost - wonder if it's just a display oversight, or if it was removed on purpose.

And, IMHO - the new level icons are crap. Not nearly as nice as the previous ones. These look really rough and unpolished. Maybe they'll clean them up a bit? Funny, everywhere else you look the icons got bigger and nicer - but these went the other way.

Well, let me get back to work. Good to see so many old members pop in to say hello...maybe they'll stay a while now?

See you at the front lines!

*Salutes*

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM Reply

The redesign is pretty nice, some things will hopefully be ironed out in the days or weeks to come, but it's still the Newgrounds I love.

I will be much more active here and in the portal(for real this time) due to all of my college classes being on only two days a week this semester.

*Salutes*

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 08:07 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, byteslinger wrote: I am now trying to re-tool my stat programs, but testing has been rough with the server bouncing up and down. If things settle down, I'll have my coding changes done in a day or so (NG Logs, EGB and NGPD stat scanner and revised INI settings for the PC-based stat tool used by Bahamut, Coop, Auz and a few others).

Yeah, you might as well do something while the portal is fucked.

See you at the front lines!

*gets out deckchair, basks in the sunlight, sipping a scotch*

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 09:13 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, byteslinger wrote: I also noticed that the additional voting power (based on your experience level) may not be active anymore. I was happy with that 60% boost - wonder if it's just a display oversight, or if it was removed on purpose.

I agree -- the 32% boost I had was good enough for flash but now if it is removed then I'm going to be mad and glad at the same time. I'm going to be mad because 1) All the work I put in b/p is going to not have any effect and 2) All of us will have a lower voting power than Pimp or Bomb or level 60 guys, and I'm going to be glad because 1) I may not have to increase b/p anymore.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 09:25 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, byteslinger wrote: I am now trying to re-tool my stat programs, but testing has been rough with the server bouncing up and down. If things settle down, I'll have my coding changes done in a day or so (NG Logs, EGB and NGPD stat scanner and revised INI settings for the PC-based stat tool used by Bahamut, Coop, Auz and a few others).

I don't know your daily routine but I'm amazed to hear the programs will return as soon as that. Best of luck and your work on all of this is always appreciated from myself. I just wish I could give you something in return.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 11:29 AM Reply

I'd like to profusely apologise for my brief time away, I was whipped up into quite a bit of drama and turbulence in real life and ended up with little time to spend here, however now the whole episode is over I'll be able to return here and spend my spare time once again lurking the forums, protecting the portal and working with icons. Today's a fairly good time for that, I think, considering the redesign has just launched - it also means that I'll be able to use the lovely new kittyface mood icon - which is particularly great.

Formerly known as mwmike | Check my last.fm so I can insult your music taste | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 11:46 AM Reply

At 15 minutes ago, EmmDubya wrote: I'll be able to use the lovely new kittyface mood icon - which is particularly great.

It's adorable isn't it?

Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 11 hours ago, byteslinger wrote: I also noticed that the additional voting power (based on your experience level) may not be active anymore. I was happy with that 60% boost - wonder if it's just a display oversight, or if it was removed on purpose.

The FAQ page on voting power, although lacking, does still say that voting power is based on XP and B/P so it's probably still there, just not displayed anywhere, although it should be.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, Little-Rena wrote:
At 11 hours ago, byteslinger wrote: I also noticed that the additional voting power (based on your experience level) may not be active anymore. I was happy with that 60% boost - wonder if it's just a display oversight, or if it was removed on purpose.
The FAQ page on voting power, although lacking, does still say that voting power is based on XP and B/P so it's probably still there, just not displayed anywhere, although it should be.

Will hopefully be fixed in time. They have other things to get done and attend to fixing up at the moment. For the time being I'm OK with it just showing base vote power instead of total vote power.

RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 12:33 PM Reply

Holy jumping mother o' god in a side-car with chocolate jimmies and a lobster bib! Loving the redesign so far, familiar yet different. It will take a lot of getting used to, particularly the changes to the Portal (resisting temptation to use Classic mode until I get a feel for the new one) but overall, once the kinks are worked out, I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

At 41 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote:
At 15 minutes ago, EmmDubya wrote: I'll be able to use the lovely new kittyface mood icon - which is particularly great.
It's adorable isn't it?

My favourite is this one, no idea what it's meant to signify, but I love it.

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Little-Rena wrote:

I'm very confused as well as to how the whole voting system and b/p system now works.

I'll have to do a little exploring.

Overall, I think the new look is great. But I agree with byte, these level icons suck.

EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, SpiffyMasta wrote: I'm very confused as well as to how the whole voting system and b/p system now works.

I'm not sure, but from the looks of it that isn't actually changed, even if things look different. A few visual hints are slightly modified and in some cases lost, but the underlying system appears to be identical. As for the icons, I'm not too sold on them, but a few are very nice. They fit the design better than the old ones, I believe, although the older B/P rank icons seem to look fine here.

Formerly known as mwmike | Check my last.fm so I can insult your music taste | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, EmmDubya wrote:
At 1 hour ago, SpiffyMasta wrote: I'm very confused as well as to how the whole voting system and b/p system now works.
I'm not sure, but from the looks of it that isn't actually changed, even if things look different.

Just for the record: the B/P modifiers are broken right now, but they'll be back up as soon as the staff get around to fixing them. You've not lost any B/P or anything; it's just not counting towards your overall voting power right now.

Which, for this club thread in particular, sucks major donkey balls. >:(

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

It's gonna take me a long time to get used to this redesign but I'm a fan of it so far! It's good that we get an entire page just for Under Judgement flashes -- by the looks of it, it's harder to simply blind vote your way through them since the filesizes aren't displayed at first glance. I'm still getting accustomed to the whole thing so far, looks like a whole new website, much bigger change than the 07 redesign. And look at these sexy new emotes.

Haven't seen the levels yet, can't say I like or dislike them yet.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature