00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,968,952 Views | 60,513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-18 14:17:13

At 3/18/10 11:33 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: I noticed that the icons seem to be like the normal ones getting better as they got higher. Like I think level 2 was a four leaf clover.

1 through 9: Three-leaf clover
10 through 19: Four-leaf clover
20 through 29: Green hat
30 through 39: Dark green top hat
40 through 49: Pot of gold
50 through 59: Leprechaun
60: Nobody is there, so it probably wasn't changed. If it was, we'll never know.
Staff: Keebler Elf

It was a nice change for a day. I'd like it if they did that more often for holidays. Like, just for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, they'd change the icons to presents and trees, and maybe the staff would get Santa. All with blue auras to match the winter theme, of course. Or on Halloween, we'd all go orange and have jack o' lanterns and stuff.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 00:44:45

At 3/17/10 08:32 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hey guys, what is exactly this thread??

Blamed submissions and sig makers??
WUT???

LOL every time i see the word "blamed" instead of "blammed" I always say blamed for what? 9/11?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 14:02:13

At 3/20/10 12:44 AM, PantyWipe wrote: LOL every time i see the word "blamed" instead of "blammed" I always say blamed for what? 9/11?

You ain't the only one Panty, I've thought that, among other things many-a-time I've seen someone say "blamed" instead of "blammed." One of which has been "Who are you blaming and for what reason?"

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 15:15:25

At 3/20/10 02:02 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 3/20/10 12:44 AM, PantyWipe wrote: LOL every time i see the word "blamed" instead of "blammed" I always say blamed for what? 9/11?
You ain't the only one Panty, I've thought that, among other things many-a-time I've seen someone say "blamed" instead of "blammed." One of which has been "Who are you blaming and for what reason?"

hahaha, omg i hope you say it out loud at the computer like i do too. I dont wanna be the only one.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 15:53:24

I think I've done that at least once or twice. But only loud enough for me to hear though. So no, you're not insane.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 16:16:27

we had Midians 1 year birthday party on friday. it was great. im so glad i had another kid...

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 18:23:22

At 3/20/10 04:53 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/20/10 04:52 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Just because you both do it doesn't mean you're insane.
I apologise for the typoe above.

urm, that was ANOTHER typo there, my friend!

That's supposed to say:

Just because you both do it doesn't mean you're NOT insane.

It's been my observation that the majority of the EGB suffer from some sort of insanity, neurosis, psychosis or just have plain behavioral issues. After all, if you think about it, in real life there a group of people ranging from 14 to (me) that spend some of their conscious life sitting at a computer, logged into a website, and taking on the digital responsibilities of keeping a digital world free of crud.

We're not much different than those who spend countless hours on MMORPGS, pretending to be other types of people, taking on tasks, fighting bad guys, leveling up, and dealing with noobs and jerks that just give us another reason to face-palm.

Only difference is that they have better graphics and weapons. But, as they have clans, we have forums and groups; they have alignments like we do; as you do more things and gather more experience, you level up; you get to taunt your fellow players, and the really obnoxious ones are eventually shunned and blocked out.

I would love to see World of Warcraft add a "Newgrounds" skin and server, and make this place a true 3-d arena. Imagine seeing flashes coming through a portal, and all of us shooting at them - or passing them along. Or confronting spammers face-to-face in a battle, where the losers get banned off a week. As we level up, our armor and weapons get better. We'd have a 3-d barracks to gather in, and have conversations in real time via X-Fire or Skype.

Now, THAT would get a LOT MORE people to Newgrounds ! Could you imagine if Tom and Wade broached that idea with Blizzard? Hmmm... could this be the future of Newgrounds??

Heh, my bad :)

Nah, you're not bad - you're just drawn that way, hehehehe,,,

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 23:01:29

You know byteslinger that sounds cool like a massive online World Of Warcraft, I have seen that game being played looks fun. Thanks for the link SoulMaster71 the levels made sense I guess the higher the level the better the icon. I actually liked the lower level the clovers looked cool with the green aura. Dark green top hat was what I had. I do recall the higher levels the pot of gold looked cool.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-20 23:33:46

At 3/20/10 04:16 PM, PantyWipe wrote: we had Midians 1 year birthday party on friday. it was great. im so glad i had another kid...

Happy birthday to Midian! That picture is cute :3

At 3/20/10 06:23 PM, byteslinger wrote: We're not much different than those who spend countless hours on MMORPGS, pretending to be other types of people, taking on tasks, fighting bad guys, leveling up, and dealing with noobs and jerks that just give us another reason to face-palm.

At least NG is not as addictive as MMORPGs. Most of us could stop coming to Newgrounds if we wanted to, but unfortunately most people who play WoW and other MMOs can't stop playing.

You should totally check out that link, BTW.

Only difference is that they have better graphics and weapons. But, as they have clans, we have forums and groups; they have alignments like we do; as you do more things and gather more experience, you level up; you get to taunt your fellow players, and the really obnoxious ones are eventually shunned and blocked out.

Even if they have better graphics or weapons, NG is still much better. Besides, we have kick-ass weapons too. And WoW's clans (that's what they are called, right?) are nowhere as good as NG's groups. This whole website is a great community, where there are also some smaller groups where you can either have fun or talk about serious topics with friends or even random people. The only thing you do with clan mates is go on quests/raids together which is pretty lame.

I'm not saying that WoW is bad, it's just that I'm not into it.

I would love to see World of Warcraft add a "Newgrounds" skin and server, and make this place a true 3-d arena. Imagine seeing flashes coming through a portal, and all of us shooting at them - or passing them along. Or confronting spammers face-to-face in a battle, where the losers get banned off a week. As we level up, our armor and weapons get better. We'd have a 3-d barracks to gather in, and have conversations in real time via X-Fire or Skype.

All I can say is that if there was a "Newgrounds" server, I would definitely give it a try! It sounds pretty cool :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 12:42:45

At 3/20/10 06:23 PM, byteslinger wrote: It's been my observation that the majority of the EGB suffer from some sort of insanity, neurosis, psychosis or just have plain behavioral issues. After all, if you think about it, in real life there a group of people ranging from 14 to (me) that spend some of their conscious life sitting at a computer, logged into a website, and taking on the digital responsibilities of keeping a digital world free of crud.

Or maybe a few of us are under the Autism Spectrum, i.e., yours truly. ;) Asperger's Syndrome to be exact.

We're not much different than those who spend countless hours on MMORPGS, pretending to be other types of people, taking on tasks, fighting bad guys, leveling up, and dealing with noobs and jerks that just give us another reason to face-palm.

Sounds a lot like Probably Bad News and Learn From My Fail.

I really do enjoy taunting others just because I can. :) :P

That would indeed increase traffic to the site, :). Then again, do the NG servers have enough space to support a 3D engine and still have ample room for everything else? :\ Therein lies the question.

Now, THAT would get a LOT MORE people to Newgrounds ! Could you imagine if Tom and Wade broached that idea with Blizzard? Hmmm... could this be the future of Newgrounds??

Indeed. Maybe you should pitch this idea to Tom and Wade and promptly but nicely ask for a reply.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 18:01:07

At 3/20/10 06:23 PM, byteslinger wrote:
At 3/20/10 04:53 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/20/10 04:52 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Just because you both do it doesn't mean you're insane.
It's been my observation that the majority of the EGB suffer from some sort of insanity, neurosis, psychosis or just have plain behavioral issues.

Obsessive-compulsive over here, how do you do?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 18:34:58

At 3/20/10 11:33 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/20/10 06:23 PM, byteslinger wrote: We're not much different than those who spend countless hours on MMORPGS, pretending to be other types of people, taking on tasks, fighting bad guys, leveling up, and dealing with noobs and jerks that just give us another reason to face-palm.
At least NG is not as addictive as MMORPGs.

I beg to differ - the only thing that means I'm still at NG as opposed to WoW, is that I don't have to pay for NG :P

Most of us could stop coming to Newgrounds if we wanted to, but unfortunately most people who play WoW and other MMOs can't stop playing.

I couldn't stop coming to NG - almost 6 years and I've still got the same passion for it (if not more)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 18:41:15

At 3/20/10 06:23 PM, byteslinger wrote: I would love to see World of Warcraft add a "Newgrounds" skin and server.

Yeah that would be awesome to have something like that, But im sure you would have to have some like fast connection or something to be able to run that. Something which I sadly don't have.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 20:09:03

At 3/20/10 04:16 PM, PantyWipe wrote: we had Midians 1 year birthday party on friday. it was great. im so glad i had another kid...

thank you! Middy loves you!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 20:39:27

Civilian HeroDan reporting for service, Sir!

I would like to join the EGB, for the sake of the Happiness of NewGrounds, our motherland, Sir!

If any requirements are to be met, I'll take my time to fulfill them, to become a great private, Sir!

Sig done by LifeStream

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 21:05:26

At 3/21/10 08:39 PM, HeroDan wrote: If any requirements are to be met, I'll take my time to fulfill them, to become a great private, Sir!

I hope you meant that, because you have to actually be of a Private B/P rank (2500 B/P), and have a bronze or higher whistle status to join here.

I'm pretty certain this is the hardest club on NG to join, but all it really takes is patience (and a bit of maturity) to do. Good luck getting where you want to be! :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 21:21:45

At 3/21/10 08:39 PM, HeroDan wrote: If any requirements are to be met, I'll take my time to fulfill them, to become a great private, Sir!

The NGPD is always looking to gain new recruits that they can help make it to this level. So check in with them and good luck :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 21:26:41

Well I have some news regarding my fanfic. Other than the fact that I haven't written anything else on it since mid-December, and haven't posted anything in my story thread since late February, I've decided that I'll make the sex scene the following part in "Version 2.0" and have an interruption which then heads off to the conflict in the main line.

I think I'll have to make another thread for "Version 2.0." Coop, don't go gettin' all banhammer happy on me here. :P I'll be posting the whole update soon. The update is still in the works, but I assure you, I do have something. I just need to flesh out my thoughts, that's all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 22:16:51

At 3/21/10 08:39 PM, HeroDan wrote: Civilian HeroDan reporting for service, Sir!

Welcome!

I would like to join the EGB, for the sake of the Happiness of NewGrounds, our motherland, Sir!

It's good to see some enthusiasm.

If any requirements are to be met, I'll take my time to fulfill them, to become a great private, Sir!

You must first have at least 2,500 Blam/Save points, or BP, and a Bronze Whistle or higher to be considered eligible to join the Barracks. However, you should ask the NGPD if you may join their ranks. It'll be good practice plus you get a feel for what being in the Barracks would be like. Good luck!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 22:19:19

At 3/21/10 06:34 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At least NG is not as addictive as MMORPGs.
I beg to differ - the only thing that means I'm still at NG as opposed to WoW, is that I don't have to pay for NG :P

Most of us could stop coming to Newgrounds if we wanted to, but unfortunately most people who play WoW and other MMOs can't stop playing.
I couldn't stop coming to NG - almost 6 years and I've still got the same passion for it (if not more)

That's why I said "most of us", because I know that there are also people like you who are addicted to NG :)

At 3/21/10 08:09 PM, PantyWipe wrote:
thank you! Middy loves you!

yay! I love Middy :3

At 3/21/10 08:39 PM, HeroDan wrote: Civilian HeroDan reporting for service, Sir!

It's always good to see young and enthusiast people like you, don't feel discouraged just because you don't meet the requirements now. As I-Love-Caitlyn said, you can join the NGPD once you work your way up to security ward.

At 3/21/10 09:26 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Well I have some news regarding my fanfic.

I've only read a few chapters of your fanfic. I should catch up one of these days :/

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 23:04:32

At 3/21/10 10:19 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/21/10 09:26 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
Well I have some news regarding my fanfic.
I've only read a few chapters of your fanfic. I should catch up one of these days :/

It would be nice to see what you think of it so far.

Also, how in the hell are you an EGB member when you don't have a bronze whistle!? Or did you have a Silver or higher whistle and did yours get affected during the whistle system hiccup a while back and just never got reset? I'm not trying to be offensive at all. I'm merely surprised, that's all.

Speaking of whistles, you missed a fair amount of abusive reviews I found this afternoon. Had I known you had a normal whistle, I'd have been more than happy to help you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-21 23:05:46

Yeah it's funny how when your busy or something and ya want free time, But when ya get it it's all boring and uneventful. Bout how it is with me right now and really nobody to hang out with. But always got beer and my 360 lol.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-22 00:18:23

yo everybody how ya been?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-22 14:39:03

At 3/21/10 11:04 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Also, how in the hell are you an EGB member when you don't have a bronze whistle!? Or did you have a Silver or higher whistle and did yours get affected during the whistle system hiccup a while back and just never got reset? I'm not trying to be offensive at all. I'm merely surprised, that's all.

I think that I already had a deity whistle when I joined the EGB (or maybe it was gold, I don't remember). And you guessed it, I lost my deity whistle some time ago when many people's whistles went back to normal, and Wade didn't reset it to deity (it's partly my fault, I didn't even contact him about it, though I posted in one thread assuming that he would read it).

Speaking of whistles, you missed a fair amount of abusive reviews I found this afternoon. Had I known you had a normal whistle, I'd have been more than happy to help you.

Don't worry, I'll eventually get my deity whistle again ;)

And yeah, I'm never on AIM. I log in to MSN much more frequently though.

At 3/21/10 11:05 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Yeah it's funny how when your busy or something and ya want free time, But when ya get it it's all boring and uneventful. Bout how it is with me right now and really nobody to hang out with.

Why isn't there anyone to hang out with? Is it because your friends don't want to? Because I hate it when that happens :(

But always got beer and my 360 lol.

God bless videogames and alcohol. Unfortunately I'm not old enough to drink :(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-22 21:57:46

Dante-Son-Of-Sparda hello are you really 79 years old? Sorry hello again. Well talking of disorders I have got OCD or Obsessive-compulsive Disorder that is all I want to say about it. But I'm do sometimes think I'm slightly mad LOL just joking. But anyway off topic my b/p been a bit crap of late slow and not very good. It will soon be April 1st I wonder what this years Aprils Fools Day joke will be? The China one last year was so clever.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-23 08:50:45

Yea, y'all may think it was clever, but I assure you it probably gave a lot of people a splitting headache. I was one of them. Sure the main color palette is RGB but seriously, I really don't think the human eyes are supposed to see that much red in one sitting. >_>

Also Phantom, you may want to check your grammar, punctuation, and spelling. I'm not trying to be a
Grammar Nazi or anything but, you do tend to miss some very simple mistakes before you post.

Just a thought, nothing more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-23 09:26:56

At 3/21/10 09:26 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I think I'll have to make another thread for "Version 2.0." Coop, don't go gettin' all banhammer happy on me here. :P I'll be posting the whole update soon. The update is still in the works, but I assure you, I do have something. I just need to flesh out my thoughts, that's all.

Flesh out your thoughts... yeah, just what I was thinking :P

But still, sex and / or erotica is a very grey area, so just be careful to get it right. None of this "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" stuff, unless you're using it as a direct link between [before] and [after] scenes, which works really well with no real descriptions needed.

At 3/21/10 06:34 PM, Coop83 wrote: I couldn't stop coming to NG - almost 6 years and I've still got the same passion for it (if not more)
That's why I said "most of us", because I know that there are also people like you who are addicted to NG :)

On the flipside of the coin, Afro_Stud is worse than me - he hates the BBS, despite the mods that he fell out with having been removed and with the way that he constantly B/Ps at the top and he has no time to write responses to his reviews, which is slightly annoying.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-23 10:50:37

At 3/23/10 09:26 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/21/10 09:26 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I think I'll have to make another thread for "Version 2.0." Coop, don't go gettin' all banhammer happy on me here. :P I'll be posting the whole update soon. The update is still in the works, but I assure you, I do have something. I just need to flesh out my thoughts, that's all.
Flesh out your thoughts... yeah, just what I was thinking :P

That crosses my mind every now and then .. and now...

But still, sex and / or erotica is a very grey area...

Um, if it's grey, you'd best be checking for a pulse - unless you're into that sort of thing...

:so just be careful to get it right. None of this "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" stuff,
What's wrong with being courteous when you're finished?

:unless you're using it as a direct link between [before] and [after] scenes, which works really well with no real descriptions needed.

Cobra only looks at the pictures anyway - the words just get in the way. :P

At 3/21/10 06:34 PM, Coop83 wrote: I couldn't stop coming to NG - almost 6 years and I've still got the same passion for it (if not more)

Addicted. No...not me...I could go a whole...HOUR... without Newgrounds - maybe even two. I could stop whenever I wanted to. It's just that when I do step away and wander around IRL, I begin to imagine things - like being able to blam slow cars out of traffic, or look for the "whistle" button on bad advertisements in the paper. Sometimes, if I'm away too long, I even think I see the characters in real life. Just yesterday, I swore I saw Steve the Tankman and SaladFingers riding on the back of a garbage truck. They didn't see me, though. They never do....

On the flipside of the coin, Afro_Stud is worse than me - he hates the BBS, despite the mods that he fell out with having been removed and with the way that he constantly B/Ps at the top and he has no time to write responses to his reviews, which is slightly annoying.

All Hail King Stat Whore! All Hail King Stat Whore!

(Somebody had to be on top - guess he wanted it most)

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-23 15:16:26

At 3/23/10 10:50 AM, byteslinger wrote: Cobra only looks at the pictures anyway - the words just get in the way. :P

Fuck you byte! Just fuck you! jk jk ROFL!!!

You're just like me in that respect, you take your shots where and when you can get 'em eh? Just like me, I calls 'em like I sees 'em and I take my shots where and when I can get 'em.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-03-23 16:41:35

At 3/23/10 03:16 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 3/23/10 10:50 AM, byteslinger wrote: Cobra only looks at the pictures anyway - the words just get in the way. :P
Fuck you byte! Just fuck you! jk jk ROFL!!!

Was that sentiment (a) frustrated anger or (b) an off-hand invitation? hehehe...

You're just like me in that respect, you take your shots where and when you can get 'em eh? Just like me, I calls 'em like I sees 'em and I take my shots where and when I can get 'em.

Oh, Cobra, if we can't have a little fun here and there, when can we? Besides, picking on you is fun - you get very passionate with your answers and point of view, and it makes for some very interesting - and usually entertaining - responses. We take our job of being court jesters very seriously! (go ahead, take a moment to think about the irony in that sentence!)

It's all in good fun, and if you can't enjoy life, why bother living?

PS: In the event it was (b) above, may I suggest a cold shower and/or someone closer your age?

(Ain't I a stinker!)

BBS Signature