00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,969,340 Views | 60,514 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-12 20:16:56

At 2/12/10 06:15 PM, EagleRock wrote: This is supposed to cheer us up?? I spent 3 hours outside shoveling and salting (and helping neighbors escape from their driveways). I'm 27...I'm past the point of enjoying snow:

i still haven't seen snow yet... is one of the thing i have to do before i die... XD
you guys are lucky, even if you already got tired...
like i already got tired of so much sun.... so much beaches... it get boring after a while... hahaha
what i really would like now, i to practice some snowboard

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-12 21:21:05

At 2/12/10 06:15 PM, EagleRock wrote: Eagle's timeline of snow opinion based on age
========================================
0-3 years - Goo Goo Gah Gah
3-6 years - Wow, it's white and pretty outside! Why is daddy grumbling?
6-10 years - AWESOME!! No school! Time for sledding, fortmaking, snowmen, and snowball fights!
10-14 years - Sweet! No school! I have to help shovel a bit, but then it's time for fun!
15-18 years - No school today!! Time to stay in and play video games! Crap..Dad wants help with the driveway...
18-24 years - College is closed today...too bad I have to make up the work in class next week...AND I have to shovel with the damn driveway.
24-26 years (0-4 inches) - What the hell?? I have to drive in to work?????
24-26 years (4+ inches) - I have to work from home, AND I have to shovel all this damn snow???
26+ years - IF I SEE ONE MORE DAMN SNOWFLAKE I AM GOING TO MAIM SOMEONE WITH THIS SHOVEL!

I'll let someone else fill in the ages past my experience...

26-30: Hey, you lazy kid! Get your ass out of bed and shovel the driveway for your mother! My asshole boss didn't close up the business today, and you like to eat, right?

31-35: How come you kids in school get snow days, while my taxes pay for your days off? I don't care if you're hungover, get shoveling before I dump this bucket of ice water on you!

36-40: Great! All the kids are in school and moved out, and now I gotta pay some 14 year old $30 just to shovel my walkway. Does it snow in Miami?

41-45: My knees popped just getting out of bed, and I'm achy before I even eat my morning bran. Does AAA shovel out cares as part of my Premium plan?

46-50: Aw, the grandkids came over to help dig me out. I'll make some hot cocoa and cookies - it's going to take them hours to dig out that 10 inches.

51-55: Great, my grandson showed up to shovel me out. He only charges $20. He better not forget the rock salt.

56-60: Just called an ambulance. Slipped on the walkway my lazy grandson didn't finish. That little bastard is getting socks for Christmas!

61-65: One day we're going to look back on all of this and think it was beautiful. But today, it's just another pain in my wrinkled ass. Pass me the Snuggy!

65+ : It doesn't snow in Miami! Shoulda moved here years ago!

hehehehe....

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-12 21:47:36

At 2/12/10 06:15 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 2/12/10 01:14 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Y'all don't think of me as an argumentative kind of guy right? I ask because my life got a really good reality bitch slap a couple hours ago.
I wouldn't say you are argumentative per se, but you do stand up for your convictions. However, that's not a bad thing. Depending on what the argument is about is really a separate issue. Overall, though, I wouldn't say you are just naturally a problem to talk to. On a case-by-case basis, you could be wrong in an argument (and receive said bitch slap), but I wouldn't get down on yourself otherwise. You're an officer around here for a reason.

Thanks dude, that means a lot coming from a good friend.

At 2/12/10 02:19 PM, byteslinger wrote: Sounds like you're having a rough day, my friend. Cheer up - more snow is coming!!!!
This is supposed to cheer us up?? I spent 3 hours outside shoveling and salting (and helping neighbors escape from their driveways). I'm 27...I'm past the point of enjoying snow:

Don't I know it? I was helping my mom a lot because my dad was sick. He caught a head cold I had a couple weeks ago and it turned into a real bad chest cold. So I didn't really have time to enjoy the snow as much as I would've liked to.

Eagle's timeline of snow opinion based on age
========================================
===
0-3 years - Goo Goo Gah Gah
3-6 years - Wow, it's white and pretty outside! Why is daddy grumbling?
6-10 years - AWESOME!! No school! Time for sledding, fortmaking, snowmen, and snowball fights!
10-14 years - Sweet! No school! I have to help shovel a bit, but then it's time for fun!
15-18 years - No school today!! Time to stay in and play video games! Crap..Dad wants help with the driveway...
18-24 years - College is closed today...too bad I have to make up the work in class next week...AND I have to shovel with the damn driveway.
24-26 years (0-4 inches) - What the hell?? I have to drive in to work?????
24-26 years (4+ inches) - I have to work from home, AND I have to shovel all this damn snow???
26+ years - IF I SEE ONE MORE DAMN SNOWFLAKE I AM GOING TO MAIM SOMEONE WITH THIS SHOVEL!

I'll let someone else fill in the ages past my experience...

26-30 - Oh you're kidding? There's like 6 inches on the roads and there's possibly ice!! BUT I STILL HAVE TO COME INTO WORK! Oh what fun this is gonna be. I get to process a crime scene in half a foot of snow. @_@

30-34 - I have some sick leave, maybe I can call in "sick". Hmm, then again, that wouldn't be very ethical. Crap. A POX ON MY MORALS!!!! *sigh* Sadly crime never sleeps. If I'm not in, who else is gonna process the shell casings?

34-40 - Ok, my wife is going into labor, cool, I get "maternity" leave just to see my kid.

40-46 - Wow, I have the whole day to shovel the drive. FUCK! The wife is at work, it's my day off and the kids are at school. I'm going back to bed. Before I do, I'll pay the neighbor kid to shovel. I think $30 is a fair deal.

46-56 - Oh damn, I am getting way too old for this shit, kids are in high school, I'll pay my nephew/niece $40 to shovel since my brother is here. Sucker.

56-76 - Oh look, the grandkids are here. Cool, they're much younger than I am, "Hey Joe, shovel the walk and don't forget the salt!"

76+ - I'm dead, what do I care if it snows?

I couldn't quite be as witty as Byte, but I still tried dammit!

Hey Eagle and you too Byte, y'all should set up a comedy club or something, y'all would be fuckin rich!
Also, spread some of that moolah my way, eh?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-12 22:23:18

My opinion of snow didn't quite go like that. There was a marked, definite, 100% switch between ages 11 and 12. At 11, I loved the snow and prayed for it to come; at 12, I hated it and prayed to prevent it. God usually listened. The switch came when my parents made me start shoveling, of course. But this time, the snow got me the last three days off, only one of which I had to shovel the shit. So I'm as happy as it gets.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-12 22:36:04

At 2/12/10 09:47 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I couldn't quite be as witty as Byte, but I still tried dammit!

For quirky, original wit, you can't beat the EGB's resident crazy old lady.

It will be sad, however, when she completely loses it, and 20 years from now we'll likely find her living in a squalid bungalow with 57 cats, all named Maybelline.

Also, I'm sick of snow too, but not as much as I'm sick of perpetual grey, drizzly skies. Seriously, it's been switching from drizzling snow / hailstones to drizzling rain for the last month already. NON. FUCKING. STOP.
However, I used to love the snow too, and I'm still kinda sad that I can't fit into my old sledge any more (ignoring the fact that there's no-one to pull me around in it either, but meh). Can't remember when I got bored of it, but still... :(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 01:51:21

At 2/12/10 10:36 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 2/12/10 09:47 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I couldn't quite be as witty as Byte, but I still tried dammit!
For quirky, original wit, you can't beat the EGB's resident crazy old lady.

Well, I'm not old yet - at least, not from my point of view. From my perspective, I'm just waiting for everyone else here to just catch up.

It will be sad, however, when she completely loses it, and 20 years from now we'll likely find her living in a squalid bungalow with 57 cats, all named Maybelline.

Ah, no, do not fear. I try to keep my mind active, so I hope to push off senility for a long time. But if I do begin to get flaky (okay, flakier) around the edges, I think I'll name all my cats after EGB members to help me remember everyone here. Imagine this:

The year is 2050. There is a small house in the middle of a Connecticut suburb that needs new paint and some serious landscaping. The picket fence is broken in spots, and the old car in the driveway has been sitting on four flat tires for years. The name on the mailbox has long since been obliterated, but the little old lady inside doesn't mind. Everyone has been calling her "Auntie Byte" for as long as she could remember.

Inside, there are piles and piles of computer parts from years long passed. She used to fix them, but now, they are more useful as furniture - and a playground for the countless number of cats that scamper, play and fight. Oddly enough, despite all of the feline frenzy, they have all been trained to go outside through the kitty door and do their pooping in the overgrown garden.

From the dark corners of what was once a server room, you can hear the voice of a little old lady chastising her furry friends - all named after historic EGB members: "Cobra, stop drinking out of the toilet! Porkchop, stop that - that's a STUFFED cat! Lizz, get up and play with Krev - all you do is lay down all day, everywhere and anywhere! Puddin, look at that mess - another furrball on the floor! Fro, get off that TV - you never seem to get enough of it. Aldlv, where are you? It's time for your medicine! Oh, and you my feisty little Eaggie - stop trying to boss all the others around. What do you think you are, their commander?"

Yeah, I might go crazy - but I'll be taking all of you with me ...hehehe!!!!

Until then, I'll just keep everyone chuckling!

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 02:34:47

At 2/13/10 01:51 AM, byteslinger wrote: Puddin, look at that mess - another furrball on the floor!

Of course I would have a disgusting, messy, gross kitty named after me... :3

Also, I have no idea how you guys level up so quickly and frequently. After about ten minutes in the portal voting on stuff, I really just want to close the browser and go play solitaire. Maybe that's why I'm slow with ranking up..

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 10:19:50

At 2/12/10 06:15 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 2/11/10 11:59 AM, Coop83 wrote: Perhaps the members of the NGPD, as the junior faction should be encouraged to lurk in here, thus giving them the opportunity to flag, just the same.

Otherwise, it would be like me going into every Club and / or crew I am a part of and posting a link to my latest piece of work. Tedious and nothing new. Please try to keep the bumps down in this case, but if you're adding something of great worth other than those links, sure, post them.
Damn good point.

Someone had to make it.

I didn't forget about, you by the way, I thought as a review mod you might not meddle with such BBS issues. I really need to stop taking people for granted around here... :-)

As a Review Mod, I don't. However, as a BBS Mod, I do ;)

Didn't you know - I got the job about a month ago :P

So, for now, just post in the EGB. Occasional reminders to check both are okay, but re-posting the same thing shouldn't be done for the reasons Coop said.

Yeah, I had a word with one user for posting links in here, the NGPD and the Levelup! Lounge for questionable reviews. If you have to deal with these, PM me, or if you want more people to whistle them, IMs or PMs can sort that out.

If I see multiples appearing in these places, I will delete posts for +1ing. I don't want to, but I have rules to enforce.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 13:03:13

At 2/13/10 01:51 AM, byteslinger wrote: Ah, no, do not fear. I try to keep my mind active, so I hope to push off senility for a long time. But if I do begin to get flaky (okay, flakier) around the edges, I think I'll name all my cats after EGB members to help me remember everyone here. Imagine this:

OH CRAP! SHE'S ALREADY SENILE!!! QUICK, CALL THE MEN IN WHITE!!!

The year is 2050. There is a small house in the middle of a Connecticut suburb that needs new paint and some serious landscaping. The picket fence is broken in spots, and the old car in the driveway has been sitting on four flat tires for years. The name on the mailbox has long since been obliterated, but the little old lady inside doesn't mind. Everyone has been calling her "Auntie Byte" for as long as she could remember.

Wow, redneck yard much?

Inside, there are piles and piles of computer parts from years long passed. She used to fix them, but now, they are more useful as furniture - and a playground for the countless number of cats that scamper, play and fight. Oddly enough, despite all of the feline frenzy, they have all been trained to go outside through the kitty door and do their pooping in the overgrown garden.

I wish I could train my cat to do that. Go to the bathroom outside that is.

From the dark corners of what was once a server room, you can hear the voice of a little old lady chastising her furry friends - all named after historic EGB members: "Cobra, stop drinking out of the toilet! Porkchop, stop that - that's a STUFFED cat! Lizz, get up and play with Krev - all you do is lay down all day, everywhere and anywhere! Puddin, look at that mess - another furrball on the floor! Fro, get off that TV - you never seem to get enough of it. Aldlv, where are you? It's time for your medicine! Oh, and you my feisty little Eaggie - stop trying to boss all the others around. What do you think you are, their commander?"

Oh sure, make ME DRINK OUT OF THE TOILET! I'd probably be the one getting into everything and just being a mischievous little kitteh!

Porkchop, you PERV!
Yea, Lizz is lazy. Krev, she's a loner. :P
Puddin, go spit outside.
Fro lays on the TV 'cuz it's made of warm!
Who knows were Aldlv is?
Hey, someone has to be the Alpha male. :\

^_^

NOT IF I DO IT FIRST!!!!!

twicthes

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 14:06:10

Hey guys I feel like I should have told you before but I slacked off and anyway it's not like you care or anything. Today I went on vacation for one week. As you may have guessed, I do have an internet connection, but I won't come here as much as I usually do.

Also, I don't have a spell checker (and I'm not used to this keyboard) so please bare with me.

c wut i did there?
At 2/12/10 06:15 PM, EagleRock wrote: I didn't forget about, you by the way, I thought as a review mod you might not meddle with such BBS issues. I really need to stop taking people for granted around here... :-)

lolnoob

At 2/12/10 08:16 PM, aldlv wrote:
At 2/12/10 06:15 PM, EagleRock wrote: This is supposed to cheer us up?? I spent 3 hours outside shoveling and salting (and helping neighbors escape from their driveways). I'm 27...I'm past the point of enjoying snow:
i still haven't seen snow yet... is one of the thing i have to do before i die... XD

I have... Twice. First in Chile and a couple of years later in Bariloche, Argentina :D
Talking about snow... I wish there was snow in here right now. It's too hot >:(

like i already got tired of so much sun.... so much beaches... it get boring after a while... hahaha

Yeah the beach gets boring after you go to it every damn summer. When you're a kid it's cool but after that... Not so much. I would make some kind of timeline like the ones made by Byte, Eagle and Cobra about the snow... But I'm too lazy.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 14:41:57

At 2/12/10 08:16 PM, aldlv wrote: i still haven't seen snow yet... is one of the thing i have to do before i die... XD

Sheesh, I didn't think of it that way. When it comes to the summer, I love the nice sunny days and having my top down driving around, but I wouldn't appreciate it as much if it was always like that. Summer all year would get bland, I guess. Where do you live, exactly? Just curious...

At 2/12/10 09:47 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Thanks dude, that means a lot coming from a good friend.

Anytime :-)

26-30 - Oh you're kidding? There's like 6 inches on the roads and there's possibly ice!! BUT I STILL HAVE TO COME INTO WORK! Oh what fun this is gonna be. I get to process a crime scene in half a foot of snow. @_@

Sounds like he... *puts on glasses* ...needs to chill...
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

Hey Eagle and you too Byte, y'all should set up a comedy club or something, y'all would be fuckin rich!

Hmm...a comedy club, eh? *insert witty and descriptive response here*...I am not really creative right now, lol

At 2/13/10 01:51 AM, byteslinger wrote: Well, I'm not old yet - at least, not from my point of view. From my perspective, I'm just waiting for everyone else here to just catch up.

Hell, if Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend can still rock out at their ages at the Super Bowl, what the hell IS old?

Ah, no, do not fear. I try to keep my mind active, so I hope to push off senility for a long time. But if I do begin to get flaky (okay, flakier) around the edges, I think I'll name all my cats after EGB members to help me remember everyone here. Imagine this:

Until then, I'll just keep everyone chuckling!

*Salutes*

I was laughing my ass off reading this. I only have one response, though:

When you are senile with 57 cats running around all named after us... will you call us the KITTY KREW???

BAH DUM TSHHHHHHH

*does a dance on stage* I'm here all week people! *dodges cane and tomatoes*

I could NOT resist.
At 2/13/10 10:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: As a Review Mod, I don't. However, as a BBS Mod, I do ;)

I had no freakin' clue. Fro actually told me last night as well. I guess I missed the memo. :-) We probably should chat a bit more so I can actually keep track of what the hell my officers are doing. :-P

If I see multiples appearing in these places, I will delete posts for +1ing. I don't want to, but I have rules to enforce.

I don't think anyone would blame you. I wouldn't want preferential treatment, anyway. It just isn't right. But thanks for the input! I'll know to come to you if I have other questions in the future.

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 16:18:10

At 2/13/10 02:41 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 2/12/10 08:16 PM, aldlv wrote: i still haven't seen snow yet... is one of the thing i have to do before i die... XD
Sheesh, I didn't think of it that way. When it comes to the summer, I love the nice sunny days and having my top down driving around, but I wouldn't appreciate it as much if it was always like that. Summer all year would get bland, I guess. Where do you live, exactly? Just curious...

I live in Guatemala
is the country down of mexico...

this year was the first year in history, that snowed on Guatemala (you know... right now the weather is so crazy... stupid global warming)... but it snowed in the highest volcano here, so, it's not like i would decide to climb it from one day to another hahaha

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-13 17:34:49

At 2/13/10 02:41 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 2/13/10 10:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: As a Review Mod, I don't. However, as a BBS Mod, I do ;)

I had no freakin' clue. Fro actually told me last night as well. I guess I missed the memo. :-)

LOL

Well, someone had to :P

We probably should chat a bit more so I can actually keep track of what the hell my officers are doing. :-P

I'm sure you know where to find me.

I don't think anyone would blame you. I wouldn't want preferential treatment, anyway. It just isn't right. But thanks for the input! I'll know to come to you if I have other questions in the future.

Yeah, but I'd rather put forward the friendly, approachable front, that gives people the feeling they can talk to me. I respond to PMs and want to make the BBS a better place.

Also, I've just added a new Blammers Update.

Enjoy.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-14 01:45:38

Sorry about the delay, but I've finally managed to finish the next chapter in my fanfic,

[B]Through a Mirror Darkly - Chapter 21 - Follow the White Rabbit[/B]

It starts off where you might expect it to, but later, there'll be some twists and turns you'll never see coming!

Hope all of you like it!

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-14 16:25:10

Well, my family has switched from Sprint to Verizon. The cell phones are as follows:

My dad and I: plain old 3.2 MP camera phones just for making and receiving calls.
My brother: texting with friends.
My mom: A BLACKBERRY STORM WITH 3G ACCESS!!!!!!

In what twisted world is this supposed to happen?! My mom is the least computer savvy person I know. So, that being said, I told her Friday night, "DON'T ASK ME FOR HELP." She told me this morning "If you figure something out, you must tell me." Ok fine, that's a fair deal. If I had a DROID ERIS by HTC, I might be more inclined to help. Other than that, leave me out of it.

But seriously, since when are the LEAST TECH SAVVY PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO GET THE SMARTPHONES AND 3G ACCESS WHILE THE COLLEGE STUDENTS JUST GET TEXTING AND PLAIN OLD PHONES?!

Thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-14 19:00:48

At 2/14/10 04:25 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: My dad and I: plain old 3.2 MP camera phones just for making and receiving calls.
But seriously, since when are the LEAST TECH SAVVY PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO GET THE SMARTPHONES AND 3G ACCESS WHILE THE COLLEGE STUDENTS JUST GET TEXTING AND PLAIN OLD PHONES?!

Thoughts?

No. I'm so sick of kids calling camera phones with god-knows-how-many games, accessories and other features "plain old phones". That's not a plain phone; this is. It's good for making calls and even a few other things. Make do with one of those for a few years, and THEN we'll talk.

I had one of those for ages. Only when it broke did I get another one (Siemens A65). I've had that for about 5 years now, and I'm fine with it because - surprise surprise - it still works as a phone!

Seriously, the mobile phone industry is so backward it's hilarious. The iPhone was the epitomy of what I find ridiculous about the whole thing, because for all the additions of endless fucking gadgets and apps to phones, the one thing that hasn't really improved at all is THE ABILITY TO USE IT AS A FUCKING PHONE! I'm serious; the speaker/mouthpiece/antenna in a modern phone is usually no better (and often worse) than phones that started the mobile phone trend (see above link).

You don't buy a phone these days, you buy a new box to keep your social life in. Which is just sad, to be honest. I know I'm probably sounding way older than I am here, but I really DO remember when conversations were primarily had in person, not via computers or phones that are about 1% actual phone components and 99% whatever-the-fuck the industry tells kids to like these days.

/rant.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-14 19:14:27

Calm down Hammer, when I say plain old phones, I'm talking about me having no texting, no 3G access, no nothing except making and receiving calls and maybe a couple pics here and there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-14 20:17:20

That was one of my first mobiles my first being 5110. My current mobile phone or cell phone is this one.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6 500_classic When it comes to phones though I'm not really that bothered, about flash. stuff as long as its got a camera and has nice themes and is Nokia that is cool. Not into complicated phones don't think much of the I Phone. Yesterday on the portal an user calling himself Mexican something was spamming the portal I got like 6 or so blams which added to like 9 blams and 9 saves spooky.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-14 20:28:09

At 2/14/10 07:00 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 2/14/10 04:25 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: My dad and I: plain old 3.2 MP camera phones just for making and receiving calls.

Thoughts?
No. I'm so sick of kids calling camera phones with god-knows-how-many games, accessories and other features "plain old phones". That's not a plain phone; this is. It's good for making calls and even a few other things. Make do with one of those for a few years, and THEN we'll talk.

Quoted for amazingly high amounts of truth and justice.

Cell phones aren't toys for you to have fun with, they are useful tools and should be used as such. I want to punch people in the face whenever they complain about their phone not being "cool enough". Why do you even need internet connection and a hundred of other useless things? I know that a few people may actually need that kind of stuff, but most of us don't.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-15 01:11:45

At 2/12/10 10:23 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: My opinion of snow didn't quite go like that. There was a marked, definite, 100% switch between ages 11 and 12. At 11, I loved the snow and prayed for it to come; at 12, I hated it and prayed to prevent it. God usually listened. The switch came when my parents made me start shoveling, of course. But this time, the snow got me the last three days off, only one of which I had to shovel the shit. So I'm as happy as it gets.

I have no problem with getting the snow off the driveway. It's when it freezes over and there's a sheet of ice over the pavement when it becomes an issue. I have blisters on my hands from having to help a neighbor out his driveway, which he let ice over. It sucked.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-15 16:17:44

At 2/13/10 04:18 PM, aldlv wrote: I live in Guatemala
is the country down of mexico...

Ah, gotcha. I can appreciate your situation. It's still a pain in the ass to shovel out my huge-ass driveway, lol...

this year was the first year in history, that snowed on Guatemala (you know... right now the weather is so crazy... stupid global warming)... but it snowed in the highest volcano here, so, it's not like i would decide to climb it from one day to another hahaha

We'd better call Al Gore quick! Quick, flash the Al Signal!

dumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumd um AL GORE!!!!
At 2/13/10 05:34 PM, Coop83 wrote: I'm sure you know where to find me.

True. I never see you on AIM, though :-)

I'll have to check it out, thanks!

At 2/14/10 01:45 AM, byteslinger wrote: Sorry about the delay, but I've finally managed to finish the next chapter in my fanfic,

As usual, great work. I'm pretty much speechless on this one. I've gotten down to just waiting for the next one to come out.

Onto other good news, I finished Chapter 7, but I need to polish it up a bit. Once I get it down pat a bit better, I'll release it. I'll keep you posted!

*salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-15 16:56:36

Speaking of seeing Coop On AIM, he's on every so often, you just happen to either be away, helping clients, like...ME, or something else and pretty much miss him by like 5 minutes. ^_^

Impeccable timing is impeccable, Eagle. :P

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck in the 2nd half of chapter 10. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-16 17:41:51

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-16 21:23:07

At 2/15/10 04:56 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Speaking of seeing Coop On AIM, he's on every so often, you just happen to either be away, helping clients, like...ME, or something else and pretty much miss him by like 5 minutes. ^_^

Impeccable timing is impeccable, Eagle. :P

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck in the 2nd half of chapter 10. :(

It sucks getting stuck, doesn't it? No matter how hard you try, you can't get it right. That's the way it was for Chapter 7, until now:

Back in the Barracks - Chapter 7

Enjoy!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-16 23:17:25

Well the entry got blammed I have not read The Barracks Under Fire story yet I will read it though. I was reading the list and I thought it was out of date but then I saw august 2009. Silly me I looked into the obituaries and noticed some Kitty Krew stuff and saw the author was deleted. Don't know who it was though. Been blamming more lately guess I'm getting more harsh now with entries then before. Soon my b/p ratio may be better.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-17 06:36:35

At 2/15/10 04:17 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 2/13/10 05:34 PM, Coop83 wrote: I'm sure you know where to find me.
True. I never see you on AIM, though :-)

A quick PM saying "Coop FFS, get on AIM >:(" Should do the trick there. Sometimes I just can't be arsed to load it, because you get 14 different conversations start straight away and 4 of them are "Wow, I'm talking to a mod!", while others range from helping people out, then closing the conversation repeatedly until they get the point that I don't care about what their cat did, all the way to the standard conversations with people that I actually have an interest in (This is where you guys come in)

I'll have to check it out, thanks!

I've got a few positions ripe for the picking ahead of me, so I'll have to keep plugging onwards.

At 2/15/10 04:56 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Speaking of seeing Coop On AIM, he's on every so often, you just happen to either be away, helping clients, like...ME, or something else and pretty much miss him by like 5 minutes. ^_^

It happens.

Right two major plans for today - getting lots of reviews done and cracking on with the writing projects for my werewolf story and then again for my Writing Contest Entry. I will finish both, but the Werewolf piece looks like a longer deadline, so over time I will get there.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-17 14:49:50

At 2/16/10 11:17 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Well the entry got blammed I have not read The Barracks Under Fire story yet.

o_0
0_o

You're joking! Man, are you way behind, Eagle was finishing it up all through the later half of last year Phantom. It's quite a good read.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-17 15:04:00

****STOLEN FLASH SUBMISSION**** *EPIC FACEPALM*

Stolen:

This idiot says it's not his in the comments.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-17 15:05:25

At 2/17/10 03:04 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: ****STOLEN FLASH SUBMISSION**** *EPIC FACEPALM*

Stolen:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 7943
This idiot says it's not his in the comments.

You beat me to it, but remember to always include a link to the original ;)

http://www.mochimedia.com/games/test_v69 0/

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-02-17 15:17:05

Yea, I just figured this idiot's comments would be incriminating enough. Why should the Rule of Law only be applicable outside the net? Hell his comment is as good as a B&E (Breaking & Entering) confession as far as I'm concerned.

BBS Signature