00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheArmoredAvian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Office, Interview, Stuff

9,600 Views | 87 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 13:36:18

At 11/21/05 12:42 PM, DeadPixels wrote: Yeah It was. Was that a bad idea or is it still okay to send it to the POBOX?

PO Box should be fine - they hold larger packages if it doesn't fit in the box.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 13:43:53

I'm diggin' your new office Tom, it kind of looks like my school (I go to school in an office building revamped into a school). That dualscreen monitor in the picture in the interview is slick.

For the "new game" you spoke of, are you gonna release the name of it to us, or just keep it under wraps?

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 13:53:34

At 11/21/05 01:43 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: For the "new game" you spoke of, are you gonna release the name of it to us, or just keep it under wraps?

Yeah.. Tom, tell us the name.. or do you not love us long times?

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 14:01:25

any ideas of how to recoup money from that mortgage tom?

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 14:01:52

lol, that's sweet tom ;)

I really hope to see some flash games out soon , don't forget to work on flash, it's still your main fanbase :)

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 14:13:26

Are the mortgages really that much that it will take you the rest of your life to pay off?? That's crazy!

Well, in any case I'm excited about the office. Hopefully it doesn't bring too corporate of a feel to NG headquarters :p

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 14:27:03

1) Behemoth

Tom, this is nuts. Really nuts ! Shocking therefore.
I thode it is some random thing, but it is awesome, I am happy, nice, rly.
And the site design(the Flash navigation and the store chicken) are just decent. You created that?

2) The interview, again, awesome, I rode the whole thing *erm* and the pics are great too ;)
I didn't actually never saw some of the pictures LOL !

But I don't get it ?
How... this is like "in segments".
It will be "Segment 2"?
Heh ;D

I think this is gold mine... I mean your doing platform games...
Lucky you !

Office, Interview, Stuff

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 14:31:32

If the office is really huge he should sublet spots for internet café if its in a popular spot or maybe raves with cash bar :)

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 14:47:23

The interview was really interesting. It is so good to see Newgrounds getting bigger and more succesful. I've noticed that too, how you said even a below top 5 daily entry would be pretty huge back in the day. Quality is huge and the competition is stiff now. You've definately created a whole new generation of animators and game makers. I wonder what the percentage is of Animation and Game Design majors who started out on Newgrounds? I bet you brought those schools a lot of students and income!

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:03:41

At 11/21/05 02:31 PM, Morextremist wrote: If the office is really huge he should sublet spots for internet café if its in a popular spot or maybe raves with cash bar :)

I can't wait to take MDMA at a rave at the NG offices... >.>

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:20:31

At 11/21/05 02:01 PM, Morextremist wrote: any ideas of how to recoup money from that mortgage tom?

We're doing fine at the moment... The back-up plan is to rent out some of the extra space instead of doing cool stuff with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:21:21

I'm glad you finally got your office paper work done have fun at the party Tom.

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:21:46

At 11/21/05 02:13 PM, Back_Door_Baron wrote: Are the mortgages really that much that it will take you the rest of your life to pay off?? That's crazy!

Well, in any case I'm excited about the office. Hopefully it doesn't bring too corporate of a feel to NG headquarters :p

No, it's actually a 20 year mortgage, so if I pay on schedule I'll be done when I'm 47. I'm planning to pay it down ahead of schedule, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:24:24

At 11/21/05 03:21 PM, TomFulp wrote:
No, it's actually a 20 year mortgage, so if I pay on schedule I'll be done when I'm 47. I'm planning to pay it down ahead of schedule, though.

That's a lengthy mortgage...maybe you'll actually make money on the next game so you can pay it off sooner.

Sheesh, you posted in your own topic like 7 times

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:26:58

At 11/21/05 03:24 PM, Sir_Snark wrote:
Sheesh, you posted in your own topic like 7 times

Fucking post whore, spamming up the BBS like a n00b >: (

So, tell us stuff about that new game o' yours Tom or we will have to eat your dog.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:27:31

At 11/21/05 02:31 PM, Morextremist wrote: If the office is really huge he should sublet spots for internet café if its in a popular spot or maybe raves with cash bar :)

We have a large first floor to work with. The previous owner is still there for a few weeks cleaning out his stuff. I want to try doing some gallery stuff there, since we could do that on weekends and let people park at the train station up the street.

If we could ever expand our parking, we could have a real business down there, such as a store, cafe, or a mix of stuff. Right now the parking isn't ideal for that. We're running into the same problem that place up the street had, where they needed to tear down the neighboring building (the one I originally was going to buy) to make more parking.

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 15:38:16

At 11/21/05 03:27 PM, TomFulp wrote: We have a large first floor to work with. The previous owner is still there for a few weeks cleaning out his stuff. I want to try doing some gallery stuff there, since we could do that on weekends and let people park at the train station up the street.

Newgrounds film festivals =)
A large projection system to showcase flash on would be killer

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 16:15:50

At 11/21/05 10:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've got Stamper, Tim (Sys-Admin), Jeff Bandelin (he won our Opie & Anthony contest, you'll be seeing more of him soon), Josh (Behemoth programmer) and me at the moment. Mindchamber will be coming in soon and Wade will hopefully be able to make it in over the summer!

Oh, that looks like a really good staff. =)

At 11/21/05 01:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: OMG... that's nuts.

Hahahahaha, it is, isn't it? :-D

A really good piece in my opinion, funny as hell! ;-)

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 16:16:24

art gallery / auctions does sound pretty cool as well. Maybe open a section on the online store too.

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 16:38:54

Tom Fulp, PROMISE me that you hang up a StrawberryClock somewhere in your office, ok? ;)

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 16:45:22

At 11/21/05 04:38 PM, RupeeClock wrote: Tom Fulp, PROMISE me that you hang up a StrawberryClock somewhere in your office, ok? ;)

I add myself to that pettition

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 16:52:15

Great news man.
I love reading new interviews and when you give out news.

Now tell me, where in France is this conference taking place ?
And when ? Just wondering, since I'm from France.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 16:59:06

hey tom.. I might be asking too much but...

could you make a demo for all the newgrounders :)...just a thought.. maybe send one to Official Playstation Magazine so I could play it :)...

anyway.. keep up the busy work..

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 17:05:09

At 11/21/05 03:26 PM, -liam- wrote:
At 11/21/05 03:24 PM, Sir_Snark wrote:
So, tell us stuff about that new game o' yours Tom or we will have to eat your dog.

..where have you been?? the game was announced @ comicon 5 or so months ago....

search behemoth @ 1up.com

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 17:26:19

At 11/21/05 09:28 AM, TomFulp wrote: Cold Hard Flash has just posted a two-part interview with me if anyone is interested in reading it!

OGM Tom ues teh saerch bar nweb.

j/k Tom <3

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 17:34:29

Tom, you should plant a base in the UK. Seriously. :)

Like if theres any admins over in the UK, they could sort stuff out.. right.. and plant it in the South.. namely Brighton. Woot!

"Actually, the server timed out trying to remove all your posts..."

-TomFulp

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 17:39:06

TOM TOM! On the Benemoth.com is says Alien Hominid for the xbox, me and my friends love the xbox. I got to AH.com and there is no link to buy it for the Xbox, also the design looks different from the PS2.. is it the same?

Can I buy it for the UK before Christmas?

Thanks for the info, im curious. I SOO want AH. :)

"Actually, the server timed out trying to remove all your posts..."

-TomFulp

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 18:28:47

At 11/21/05 04:52 PM, alexsmolik wrote:

tell me, where in France is this conference taking place ?

And when ? Just wondering, since I'm from France.

The conference is in Lyon!

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 18:31:09

At 11/21/05 05:39 PM, IWantSomeCookies wrote: Can I buy it for the UK before Christmas?

Thanks for the info, im curious. I SOO want AH. :)

AH is available for the XBOX and PS2 in Europe. In the US, there's a Gamecube and PS2 version. It's already available in both countries, so you can get it before Christmas. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Office, Interview, Stuff 2005-11-21 18:39:21

watch me piss Tom off

So how's Pico 2 coming along?
And GL with the office. Can I be a janitor?

BBS Signature