At 11/19/05 04:43 AM, jantje_lover wrote:
I just went outside and I saw 8 people smoking. Let's see how stupid they are:
1. It shortens your life, and you only have one!
2.It costs a lot of money!
3.It smells. Bad.
4.You get yellow teeth
5.You cough. Bad.
6.It doesn't help against stress
7.Your friends live shorter too.
8.Your not tough if you smoke
I can't believe why people are still doing it....
Bullshit. I am going to argue this one with 8 reasons why smoking is awesome. I am a firm believer in protecting the rights of the individual to choose whether he or she wishes to smoke.
1. It shortens your life. No one should ever live to be old enough to be excommunicated from society or fuck up politics or get put in a home.
2. Its wonderfully social. People who smoke gather around doorsteps to share squares and lighters and get to know each other better.
3. Its a great excuse to take a break at work, or from any activity for that matter.
4. When at a party, you can use your cigarettes to initiate a conversation with someone whom you are interested in.
5. It makes you a bad ass when you are 12.
6. If you are a person who partakes in marijuana, cigarettes act as a supplement to stimulate the THC in your body. (or so Ive been told)
7. Its a stimulant and really perks you up.
8. Nothing feels better then quenching a craving you get from an addiction.
For the record now, i'd like to state that i have never smoked a cigarette in my life.
now here are 8 REAL and LEGITIMATE reasons why smoking is bad.
8. It makes your clothes stink.
7. it can cause a fire if not disposed of properly
6. Asthmatic people will not want to be your friend.
5. Nic-fits suck, especially on long plane flights and in California.
4. Dumb asses will lecture you on your personal decisions even though you are fully aware of the repercussions of your actions.
3. Its frustrating when your underage and having a nic-fit if you cant find someone to buy 'em for you.
2. Sin taxes keep elevating
18. They are banning it in more and more places, making it impossible to enjoy a smoke even in the places you expect to be able to, like music venues and bars.
The Only reason i don't smoke is I am not a man of moderation, and if i did smoke i would smoke 3 cigarettes at once while in class, and any other inappropriate place i could find, probabaly 3 packs a day, because I would feel it was my right to smoke. My mother is a waitress, she knew when she got into that line of work she would be in a smoke filled environment, and if she was that bothered by the smoke she'd find a new line of work. Second hand smoke is not any more deadly than the Carbon monoxide our homes leak or the shit pouring into the sky from our car tailpipes, so take your black lung in stride. I DO smoke hookah, and last night at the hookah bar, in the wonderful environment it pained me to know that soon Chicago will be overwhelmed by a no smoking indoors ban causing some of my favorite places to socialize, these hookah bars, to go out of business.