00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lewdhand just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Php: Main

124,060 Views | 547 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 14:33:08

This is all very confusing. Can sombody add my msn and explain some things to me?

MuzikProd@live.com

Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 15:04:58

If I added you on MSN and explained it to you, you would still be confused! You have to sit down read and learn. Your not gonna be able to get this in one night and build your site the next. It takes years to learn about programming.

Set yourself a realistic goal, take baby steps. It will take you about a year to learn the basics. We will be able to help you learn. But to be honest you do not need our help. You have google for all your needs. Simply google basic tutorials if its too hard at first. If you have no clue what to look for then, instead of bumping this main.

Make a thread asking for advice and what topics you need to know about to make your site, people will help you. But you have to put in the effort. Its not gonna happen instantly, but if you put the time and effort in, you will repay yourself in the long run!

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 15:31:53

At 8/13/09 03:04 PM, Jon-86 wrote: If I added you on MSN and explained it to you, you would still be confused!

Not true, I don't need to know everything, i would simply ask for a few things. I dont want to read every tutorial becuase i only need a few things out of a few tutorials. It would take me much longer and i would be over doing it. If i had sombody to answer my questions that would be faster.

asking my questions here would work but it looks like nobody has posted anything for a long time.

Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 17:40:32

Thats because the main purpose of this thread is to collect/maintain tutorials written by people here. Some are step-by-step, make a thread and ask questions, but as I said google first!

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 17:49:45

It's a shame this topic died :(

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 20:28:09

At 8/13/09 03:31 PM, MuzikProd wrote: Not true, I don't need to know everything, i would simply ask for a few things. I dont want to read every tutorial becuase i only need a few things out of a few tutorials. It would take me much longer and i would be over doing it. If i had sombody to answer my questions that would be faster.

asking my questions here would work but it looks like nobody has posted anything for a long time.

Give it a rest. You don't know shit about PHP obviously, so if Jon told you anything, you would probably still not get it. The only way to learn is to sit down, take it slow and get it all sorted in your head before you move on. You can't just get a fast track card to "how to build an awesome website that's like Newgrounds!". This forum is for programmers not script kiddies.

Sure you probably don't need to know how to build certain things with PHP, but you will need to understand principles, otherwise you will be constantly leaching off others for code. Which is frowned apon and in some cases could even be plagiarising. Learn it yourself, don't be lazy or you might as well get out.

BBS Signature

Response to Php: Main 2009-08-14 00:24:29

yea lol, ill just learn how on my own, i got time

Response to Php: Main 2011-06-20 13:20:57

PHP: Basic Mail Form
Sorry for reviving such a dead topic, but I had a tut to post