Be a Supporter!

Php: Main

  • 86,665 Views
  • 592 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZiggyZack99
ZiggyZack99
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 12:29:00 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9506 82 PHP: Using .htaccess to create Smooth URLs


n/a

ZiggyZack99
ZiggyZack99
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 13:20:30 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9506 93

BTW, does DFox even come on here anymore?

$DFox[Status] = $_GET[stat];
if ($DFox[Status] = "Yes" | true) {
echo "YAY.";
} else {
echo "Who'll do the listings from now on, then?";
}

srsly


n/a

Jessii
Jessii
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 14:51:16 Reply

At 8/9/08 01:20 PM, ZiggyZack99 wrote: BTW, does DFox even come on here anymore?

No and this topic is pretty much dead.

DearonElensar
DearonElensar
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 15:23:54 Reply

At 8/9/08 01:20 PM, ZiggyZack99 wrote: $DFox[Status] = $_GET[stat];
if ($DFox[Status] = "Yes" | true) {
echo "YAY.";
} else {
echo "Who'll do the listings from now on, then?";
}

So... status is always Yes and you will get at least 1 syntax error because of the |?


BBS Signature
ZiggyZack99
ZiggyZack99
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 16:22:21 Reply

At 8/9/08 03:23 PM, DearonElensar wrote:
At 8/9/08 01:20 PM, ZiggyZack99 wrote: $DFox[Status] = $_GET[stat];
if ($DFox[Status] = "Yes" | true) {
echo "YAY.";
} else {
echo "Who'll do the listings from now on, then?";
}
So... status is always Yes and you will get at least 1 syntax error because of the |?

Ah. Sry.

if ($DFox[Status] = "Yes" | $DFox[Status] = true) {

Also, Status is not always Yes. Status is an array element retreived from the _GET array. If it is false, then *ssslcckkkk* (throat-cutting noise). Srsly, answer the question. Also, a pipe is OR. Don't say it's not, I've used it like that before.


n/a

elbekko
elbekko
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 16:30:51 Reply

Sod off, you can't write code, everything you attempt fails horribly, and nobody likes you.


"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature
DearonElensar
DearonElensar
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 16:35:29 Reply

At 8/9/08 04:22 PM, ZiggyZack99 wrote: if ($DFox[Status] = "Yes" | $DFox[Status] = true) {

Also, Status is not always Yes. Status is an array element retreived from the _GET array. If it is false, then *ssslcckkkk* (throat-cutting noise). Srsly, answer the question. Also, a pipe is OR. Don't say it's not, I've used it like that before.

A = means is, if you want to compare 2 variables use == (or even === in certain cases), right now you say that status is Yes.
And an or is || not | so that fails horribly too.
So basically this if fails really hard, please please go fix up your coding standards before doing something else :(


BBS Signature
ZiggyZack99
ZiggyZack99
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 19:30:56 Reply

At 8/9/08 04:35 PM, DearonElensar wrote:
At 8/9/08 04:22 PM, ZiggyZack99 wrote: if ($DFox[Status] = "Yes" | $DFox[Status] = true) {

Also, Status is not always Yes. Status is an array element retreived from the _GET array. If it is false, then *ssslcckkkk* (throat-cutting noise). Srsly, answer the question. Also, a pipe is OR. Don't say it's not, I've used it like that before.
A = means is, if you want to compare 2 variables use == (or even === in certain cases), right now you say that status is Yes.
And an or is || not | so that fails horribly too.
So basically this if fails really hard, please please go fix up your coding standards before doing something else :(

Half right. Thanks for pointing that glaring hole in my code out to me. = is for assignment, == is for comparing. However, if | is not or, how come it works as such on my site? And don't worry, I try to "fix up my coding standards" every day. :)


n/a

ZiggyZack99
ZiggyZack99
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 19:32:43 Reply

Also, answer the question. Is DFox going to update this anymore? He hasn't posted in a month.

sry bout teh dubblepost

n/a

DearonElensar
DearonElensar
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 19:40:38 Reply

http://nl.php.net/manual/en/language.ope rators.logical.php


BBS Signature
ZiggyZack99
ZiggyZack99
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 19:45:23 Reply

At 8/9/08 07:40 PM, DearonElensar wrote: http://nl.php.net/manual/en/language.ope rators.logical.php

Lol, I was wrong all that time! Srsly, programming fodder aside, is DFox ever going to update this?


n/a

Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-09 20:15:57 Reply

99% says NO

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/5709 86/385


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature
DearonElensar
DearonElensar
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-17 11:01:29 Reply

I suppose your Ziggy or whatever, but this is a really bad idea.
There is a reason we post the list in this topic and not on a profile.
Right now there is no real reason to update the list in my opinion so we can just as well wait until there is a new tutorial that we can agree upon should be in the list.


BBS Signature
Jessii
Jessii
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Php: Main 2008-08-17 12:10:42 Reply

The "spoiled brattiness" of the last few posts have actually be the ones to kill this topic. When someone comes up with a new PHP tutorial, they'll post it and it can get updated without a problem but since no one's posted a tutorial in a while, it's not necessary to update it.

MuzikProd
MuzikProd
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 14:33:08 Reply

This is all very confusing. Can sombody add my msn and explain some things to me?

MuzikProd@live.com

Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 15:04:58 Reply

If I added you on MSN and explained it to you, you would still be confused! You have to sit down read and learn. Your not gonna be able to get this in one night and build your site the next. It takes years to learn about programming.

Set yourself a realistic goal, take baby steps. It will take you about a year to learn the basics. We will be able to help you learn. But to be honest you do not need our help. You have google for all your needs. Simply google basic tutorials if its too hard at first. If you have no clue what to look for then, instead of bumping this main.

Make a thread asking for advice and what topics you need to know about to make your site, people will help you. But you have to put in the effort. Its not gonna happen instantly, but if you put the time and effort in, you will repay yourself in the long run!


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature
MuzikProd
MuzikProd
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 15:31:53 Reply

At 8/13/09 03:04 PM, Jon-86 wrote: If I added you on MSN and explained it to you, you would still be confused!

Not true, I don't need to know everything, i would simply ask for a few things. I dont want to read every tutorial becuase i only need a few things out of a few tutorials. It would take me much longer and i would be over doing it. If i had sombody to answer my questions that would be faster.

asking my questions here would work but it looks like nobody has posted anything for a long time.

Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 17:40:32 Reply

Thats because the main purpose of this thread is to collect/maintain tutorials written by people here. Some are step-by-step, make a thread and ask questions, but as I said google first!


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 17:49:45 Reply

It's a shame this topic died :(


|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
urbn
urbn
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Programmer
Response to Php: Main 2009-08-13 20:28:09 Reply

At 8/13/09 03:31 PM, MuzikProd wrote: Not true, I don't need to know everything, i would simply ask for a few things. I dont want to read every tutorial becuase i only need a few things out of a few tutorials. It would take me much longer and i would be over doing it. If i had sombody to answer my questions that would be faster.

asking my questions here would work but it looks like nobody has posted anything for a long time.

Give it a rest. You don't know shit about PHP obviously, so if Jon told you anything, you would probably still not get it. The only way to learn is to sit down, take it slow and get it all sorted in your head before you move on. You can't just get a fast track card to "how to build an awesome website that's like Newgrounds!". This forum is for programmers not script kiddies.

Sure you probably don't need to know how to build certain things with PHP, but you will need to understand principles, otherwise you will be constantly leaching off others for code. Which is frowned apon and in some cases could even be plagiarising. Learn it yourself, don't be lazy or you might as well get out.


BBS Signature
MuzikProd
MuzikProd
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2009-08-14 00:24:29 Reply

yea lol, ill just learn how on my own, i got time

Janj
Janj
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Php: Main 2011-06-20 13:20:57 Reply

PHP: Basic Mail Form
Sorry for reviving such a dead topic, but I had a tut to post