00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

yesterday a homeless man stabbed me

6,386 Views | 106 Replies

I always used to say jokingly that a homeless man would shiv me before i graduated from college, mainly because of the way i run my mouth, but i never thought it would actually happen. It was 8:03 PM on 16 E. Harrison Street, here in the south loop of chicago, and i was on my way back from class, my arms full of a metal triforce i made in a metal shop, my backpack and a few wooden doll rods, walking from Wabash to State street, along south side of my buildings wall.

A homeless man who i do not recognize or recall ever speaking to, which is strange because i know most of the bums from the mission in the neighborhood by name and know weather they are friendly or not is walking towards me. Hes a little shorter than me and wearing a huge trench coat. I never made eye contact with him, because that makes bums want to talk to you. I never said a word to him. I scooted up along side the wall of my dorm to get out of his way, all the while he was moving slightly closer to me as he walked forward. I did this all instinctively, without giving it second thought.

As he passed me, it felt as though he scraped my side. I looked down to see my shirt was ripped. My first instint was it must have caught on his button or something. then i looked back at him as he kept walking. I checked the tear again to realize blood was starting to seep up around a thin line across my gut. the motherfucker cut me. He just walked up and cut me. I was astounded. Looked like he was aiming for my kidneys. If i hadn't turned toward him slightly, and if i wasn't so fat, and his knife wasn't so dull, my organs might have spilled out right there.

I walked stunned back to the front of my building (525 s state) and went right to the security desk to show them what happened. They pulled up the recording on camera, and there it was. You could only see him from behind though, with his large trenchcoat and skullcap on. the security called the police, not 911, and had them stop by to file a police report. We showed the cops the video. I requested if they could pull up any of the state street cameras to see if they could find some views of his face, or at least the front of him. When tabbing through the cameras they found a live feed of him walking in the alley. The cops ran out through the back door sneak attack style while I controlled the camera joystick from the lobby and watch them nab his dumbass; i cant believe he was just circling the building after committing such a random act of violence. After he was arrested he was preaching about how he was a profit of Muhammad; obviously a full blown lunatic.

So i go to the police station where they file the complaint and try to get his offence upgraded to a felony, but it ends up being just an aggravated battery and unlawful use of a deadly weapon. His last name was Lafeyetta Truitt, 31 years old.They recovered the knife, and i got a good look at it. I realize i got off very lucky. Had it been a serrated edge, or had he stabbed instead of sliced I'd be dead. I'm happy i reluctantly got that tetanus shot last year. next came a lot of bullshit waiting around the police office until 11pm, after signing tons of paperwork and getting pictures of the wound taken, I was finally driven back to my building where I had to tell my story to way to many people way too many times. Ive been pretty shocked by the whole incident, but i handled it like a complete badass and all the timing was right.

here's a photo of the wound. its not much worse than a really bad cat scratch, but damn, it could have been. pictures.

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:07:49

you'd think with all the caffine you would have quicker reflexes than that

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:14:06

At 11/1/05 09:07 AM, Miles_ wrote: you'd think with all the caffine you would have quicker reflexes than that

normaly i would have, but it was 8pm, and i had only woken up less than two hours before at 6:30 for my 7:45 class, and had only had one can of pop to cure the withdrawl headache before heading out.

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:14:06

Now you have something to brag about when to go to a bar :)

Admit it, you think it's more cool than scary.

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:15:07

yester 50 millon pirate ninjas came out of nowher and stole my babys

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:15:24

If he is a prophet of mohammed i would be careful of any bags you find lying around the building :o

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:16:26

and people call me paranoid when I talk about buying basic kevlar body armour, the light kind.

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:20:43

He may have been circling the neighboorhood to keep a look out on you, he may have been holding a grudge against your or something. Why didn't you jump on him while he wlaked away? You should have beaten him to a pulp, and then claim it was self-defense.

HEY MY NAME IS FRAGMENT, AND I GO TO THE POTTY ALLL BY MYSEEEELFFF

Don't talk back.<3

sig by Marsupial, copyright 2008 all rights reserved

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:22:18

definately something to remember. well, now you can show this thread to people who ask you what happened, at your school :)

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:22:54

This is your classic "post something useless andf over the top to draw people's attention" type topic. I doubt this really happened. But ninjas DID steal my babys

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:23:44

hmmmmmmmmm, how nice for u. u shud have gone all nija-matrix-super-mega-smackdown on him. damn bums! nice metal triforce though.

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:24:11

that stubit bum. Bums they are too poor to by food but the can afford a knife how is that. He proberly wanted to cut you open so that he could take out your organs and eat them.

that bum should of got a beating from the cops. that bum proberly stinks like shit. he is proberly a scripsiphiniac (i hope that i how you spell that mental disorder). you could of got infected by that blade a real bad infection.

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:24:48

At 11/1/05 09:22 AM, WanderingHero wrote: This is your classic "post something useless andf over the top to draw people's attention" type topic. I doubt this really happened. But ninjas DID steal my babys

Sit in that corner and wait until you're banned, mister!

HEY MY NAME IS FRAGMENT, AND I GO TO THE POTTY ALLL BY MYSEEEELFFF

Don't talk back.<3

sig by Marsupial, copyright 2008 all rights reserved

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:27:04

Thank god for fat. Any pics of the knife?

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:32:55

At 11/1/05 09:22 AM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote: definately something to remember. well, now you can show this thread to people who ask you what happened, at your school :)

let people at my school know i post on a forum? hell no. dont you know im ashamed of that aspect of my lifestyle. but for those who do care, i did repost this exact same thing on my myspace blog.

At 11/1/05 09:22 AM, WanderingHero wrote: This is your classic "post something useless andf over the top to draw people's attention" type topic. I doubt this really happened. But ninjas DID steal my babys

did you look at the pictures where he cut me? do i need to scan in the police report?

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:33:40

What a cunt. It's always good to see guys like that get arrested.

I'd get checked for hepatitis and other blood-transmitted diseases.

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:34:13

At 11/1/05 09:32 AM, ArtistJ wrote:

let people at my school know i post on a forum? hell no. dont you know im ashamed of that aspect of my lifestyle. but for those who do care, i did repost this exact same thing on my myspace blog.

well, at least i'm on your myspace. huzzah!

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:35:37

Unfortunately, you'll find that a lot of users will be more interested in the metal triforce than the cut. (I'm verging on this) Still, lucky you for not getting an infection. Now you're good for bad luck until next year.

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:36:45

At 11/1/05 09:27 AM, Lauch wrote: Thank god for fat. Any pics of the knife?

naw man, the cops kept it as evidence in their little bag. I didnt take these pics until around 4am after the incident. I didnt have a camera in the station or anything, and its not like they'd let me bring it home. The knife was like a boxcutter, about 9 inches long, with a long sraight dull razzor. If he would have stabed in a puncture motion it could have easily went 5 inches into my skin, luckily he only slashed and grazed the surface, drawing a minimal amount of blood.

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:41:58

At 11/1/05 09:36 AM, ArtistJ wrote: If he would have stabed in a puncture motion it could have easily went 5 inches into my skin, luckily he only slashed and grazed the surface, drawing a minimal amount of blood.

Yeah, that cut doesn't look too tremendously deep. You lucked out, no stitches or anything, huh? Gratz on fingering the guy, by the by.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:46:39

Haha he must feel like an idiot becuase it didn't even do shit to you. What an asshole!

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:47:30

At 11/1/05 09:41 AM, Gunter45 wrote: Gratz on fingering the guy, by the by.

XD

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:50:37

At 11/1/05 09:35 AM, DaMainman wrote: Unfortunately, you'll find that a lot of users will be more interested in the metal triforce than the cut. (I'm verging on this) Still, lucky you for not getting an infection. Now you're good for bad luck until next year.

i still might get an infection, and i hope i didnt get any nasty blood related diseases, but im all up on vacinations so im not that worried. Ill go get tested soon. Anyways heres the alluminum triforce.

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 09:59:00

Sigh sounds more bad then it actually was, like i say put some bandage on it and get back out there heh...

Hope you dont run into anymore of the people on the mean streets of chicago hehe...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 10:02:05

At 11/1/05 09:59 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Sigh sounds more bad then it actually was, like i say put some bandage on it and get back out there heh...

Hope you dont run into anymore of the people on the mean streets of chicago hehe...

~X~

oh dont worry, i went longboarding at 3am, so it hasnt hindered me in the slightest. Its not bad, its just shocking.

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 10:04:31

Well atleast your ok....nothing to deep and you caught him...nice story to tell though

"Did you guys here the time about the crazy hobo who attacke me with a 2 foot machete......"

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 10:12:14

Maybe ArtistJ helped him, now the guy will have a bed and a meal daily haha,...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 10:17:50

he wanted ur ass

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 10:26:54

lol! i hope it gets infected

Response to yesterday a homeless man stabbed me 2005-11-01 10:28:49

At 11/1/05 10:26 AM, hurricane_katrina wrote: lol! i hope it gets infected

I just realized that he got cut by some nasty bum knife. Ewww HIV is coming

BBS Signature