New Topic Respond to this Topic
Stardoggy
Stardoggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
The Philosophy Crew Oct. 31st, 2005 @ 09:59 AM Reply

This is a club, for people who think way to much. About ways to improve the world, and the meaning of us. If you think way to much, your not insane (exept for me), your a philosopher!

Here, you can share your ideas, and won't be bombarded by people going "LOLOLOLOlLOLOZORDS U SUXORS!!!1" Because fellow members will take your ideas and think about them carefully, before coming back with POSITIVE feedback.

There are a few guidelines you have to follow:

1. No picture spamming, only post a picture if it has relevance of what you are talking about.
2.No flamming, only if someone constantly breaks the rules can to be harsh to them, then we will nullify this person, if they keep it up
3.Make sure you try to be intelligent with your philosophy. think it through.

Also, make sure you sign up for the club like this:

1.Alias
2.Age
3.Birthday
4.Why you were interested in joining the crew

So mine would be:

1.Tiger2k5
3.Nov.8
4.I made it because I wanted to share intellectual ideas with people.

I guess thats it, enjoy!

seeingeyeturtle
seeingeyeturtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Oct. 31st, 2005 @ 11:20 AM Reply

seeingeyeturtle
nov 02 84

I'm here because I'm good at settling people minds. and if this takes someone like that will be needed

what are your thoughts?

Stardoggy
Stardoggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Oct. 31st, 2005 @ 11:34 AM Reply

thank you seeingeyeturtle for joining! Hmmm... My first thought is something really simple. About war:

War makes absolutly no sense. You see, war only makes people angry. Although peace makes people happy. "anger" is only one word short of "Danger", war is just a death trap.

You know cock fighting? Where two drunken idiots send helpless birds out to kill the other one? Think about how war is exactly like that.

Thats pretty much all I got right now, I'm a bit tired, because I am sick, I will have better philisophy sometime. What are your views?

seeingeyeturtle
seeingeyeturtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Oct. 31st, 2005 @ 12:07 PM Reply

I think, that as it stands, war is a very useful tool. your stance on it can either make or break you politically, financially, interpersonally. as long as you are educated enough about the topics at hand you can come out quite a bit better than someone who hasn't a clue as to whats going on. I think war is spun and sensationalized to create bias on either side as to why one or the other is right. I also think that key details are left out of the media in order to keep the public on the side of the politician in charge. Depending on how much the people in office like their leader.

You may find that I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist and lately I've been on an apocalypse binge so you'll have to bear with me

Stardoggy
Stardoggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Oct. 31st, 2005 @ 12:11 PM Reply

good concepts man, that makes me rethink this war thing.

Blitz3000
Blitz3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Oct. 31st, 2005 @ 01:32 PM Reply

Blitz3000
Aug 29th 1987

The reason i want to join is because i usually have a lot of influental, and sometimes philosophical things to say, also, i love to stimulate my mind with people who know what they are talking about and who aren't too forceful or too set in their ways to change their opinions

Stardoggy
Stardoggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Oct. 31st, 2005 @ 03:17 PM Reply

Welcome to the club, Blitz :)

seeingeyeturtle
seeingeyeturtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 2nd, 2005 @ 12:12 PM Reply

Hey Blitz,

here's a thought... what does everyone else think about life in general? I have my own opinions about it but I just wanna see where you guys are before I say something that you're not ready for.

TheSquishy
TheSquishy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 7th, 2005 @ 08:16 PM Reply

PwningTiger Recognize me?

Gotenksultra
10-11-1992

i want to join, cause i have a lot of weird and random, but somehow intellectual thoughts.

xcloviac
xcloviac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 8th, 2005 @ 05:12 AM Reply

username: xcloviac
birthday: November 18, 1987
reason for joining: i also think way too much....but sometimes i wonder, "what is way too much?" Actually, i've been wanting a club like this so i can frequently express my ideas/thinking to others. I almost always have some profound idea everyday and it seems shameful for me to let that go to waste by just thinking and not writing/recording it to save it. Anyway, that's my bit. And here's one of my favorite quotes (because i wanted to share it):
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings" ~William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

xcloviac
xcloviac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 8th, 2005 @ 05:22 AM Reply

At 10/31/05 11:34 AM, PwningTiger wrote: thank you seeingeyeturtle for joining! Hmmm... My first thought is something really simple. About war:

War makes absolutly no sense. You see, war only makes people angry. Although peace makes people happy. "anger" is only one word short of "Danger", war is just a death trap.

You know cock fighting? Where two drunken idiots send helpless birds out to kill the other one? Think about how war is exactly like that.

Thats pretty much all I got right now, I'm a bit tired, because I am sick, I will have better philisophy sometime. What are your views?

War can be seen in different ways mainly because each person has a different perception of what war means to them. War can be a horrible thing because it involves the killing of countless innocents. It sometimes seems shameful that human beings resort to this kind of act. But one must keep in mind that we all act out our human nature at one point or another.
War can also be a means to an end. But you know what? An end almost always leads to a beginning of something else (whether good or bad). If all other negotiations fail, war is the last resort man may use. It is cruel and gruesome, yes, but it is one way to communicate to another fellow human being. How? Look at how we all react to war. The very act itself causes us to share our own opinions about it.
I am trying not to take any stances on what war is. I am trying to illustrate what war can be instead of painting it black or white.
War can also be a time of bonding, most notably among soldiers and among family. Sometimes the act of war "wakes up" people to not take things for granted. To appreciate everything that happens, the good and the bad. Humans enjoy to have feelings. Some enjoy certain feelings more than others. Without feeling, it seems improbable that one can "enjoy" life.
Well, I have more to say on war but I think this should be enough for now. So, any thoughts?

Shaun
Shaun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 8th, 2005 @ 05:29 AM Reply

does this thread really exist?
or is it just a figment of someones eles imagination...

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
xcloviac
xcloviac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 8th, 2005 @ 05:33 AM Reply

At 11/8/05 05:29 AM, madknt wrote: does this thread really exist?

It depends on whether you see this thread as existing. It could be in someone else's imagination, but more likely it is in your own. The mind can only interpret so much. It's up to you to decide what defines your reality.

Shaun
Shaun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 8th, 2005 @ 05:58 AM Reply

At 11/8/05 05:33 AM, xcloviac wrote:
At 11/8/05 05:29 AM, madknt wrote: does this thread really exist?
It depends on whether you see this thread as existing. It could be in someone else's imagination, but more likely it is in your own. The mind can only interpret so much. It's up to you to decide what defines your reality.

but if this thread is someones imagination.. chances are, me and my mind are part of their imagination as well.. along with yours..
interpret that.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
xcloviac
xcloviac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 8th, 2005 @ 06:32 AM Reply

At 11/8/05 05:58 AM, madknt wrote:
At 11/8/05 05:33 AM, xcloviac wrote:
At 11/8/05 05:29 AM, madknt wrote:
but if this thread is someones imagination.. chances are, me and my mind are part of their imagination as well.. along with yours..
interpret that.

you assume that my mind and your mind exist in someone else's imagination. ok. but that person can only know so much about us. therefore, our minds in their imagination only exist as what they IMAGINE to be our minds. it's likely that only we know what goes on in our own minds. even then, sometimes we don't even know what the hell is going on inside our head.

seeingeyeturtle
seeingeyeturtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Nov. 14th, 2005 @ 10:11 PM Reply

I think I need a little expansion on where you stand. are you thinking that there are several imaginations in charge of maintaining different aspects of something? or just one?

are you insighting an "I think therefore I am" conversation? I imagine Sartre has it covered

where do we all stand on god?
and if anyone brings up a topic that could go that way I think it would be wise for us to come up with a definition of god that we can use as a blanket so we don't have to keep going over it.

guiness-lock
guiness-lock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Dec. 28th, 2005 @ 05:48 AM Reply

whats up

alias: guiness_lock, or firebunny0
DOB:14.10.93 (i use the english way)
reason: i am only 12, but i have an IQ of 137. I alwasy have to find a reason for everyhting, and i am an influential thinker and can turn people's words around. i also write lyrics for people's bands.

thanx,
guiness lock

AlStOrthevilclown
AlStOrthevilclown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Dec. 31st, 2005 @ 02:52 AM Reply

I think out of the box then again if you get out of the box you are limited by the box you are in now. thinking out the box limits you less. but if you knew everything you would relise you know nothing.

The Philosophy Crew

a-knibb
a-knibb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Jan. 6th, 2006 @ 08:43 PM Reply

A_Knibb
7th August 1991
I've seen a fraction of how horid the world can be and i discuss philosophy with my dad once a month and my friends when the subject arises so here will be one more place where i can share my thoughts and get counter proposals to them.

Stardoggy
Stardoggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Jan. 30th, 2006 @ 03:30 PM Reply

Hey, I remember my ol' crew :) Sorry, I haven't been on in about forever, studying to get my grades up.

Good job on the whole imagination thing, I pondered upon it, and I though about something, dreams. Dreams, in my opinion, are just like imagination. They are a medaphor which brings out your inner concept of thought, what do you think of dreams?

Also, I wanted to talk a bit about religion.

I, myself, am a Christian, but I see people all the time who are jewish, buddhist, muslim, and even satanic. I had a little bit of time during break at school to think about religion. And instead of insulting different religions that are not my own, like many do, I thought about, how did religion become? I came up with the idea of man. My God did not make his own religion, man did. And man makes every religion. I am not saying God does not exist, I'm just bringing up that man made the churches, man made the sermons, man made everything about religion to please God. What do you think about this delicate subject?

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Jan. 30th, 2006 @ 04:28 PM Reply

gumOnShoe
-checkprofileforreleveantinformation-
slightly interested

Not really sure if I'm set on the club, and frankly its not had a great start... but I'll give it a shot.

As for your idea on religion. If we go by what region says then we are to assume that god influenced man into making religion. In that case everything is a product of that original action. Since its all from that it all depends on whether or not god exists. I choose to believe he does but i also believe humanity has shaped the way they want religion to be or benifit them at certain times.

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Tsuchiya
Tsuchiya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Jan. 30th, 2006 @ 05:25 PM Reply

Tsuchiya
july 9

id like to try this club out, if it lasts ill stick with it, with not, then i wont.
but im a martial artist, and that helps influence alot on how i think and act, and im also constantly (not so much anymore though) thinking of diffrent ways to view life and religion and all that. i was born christian, but ive taken in taoist, buddhist, and osmeo ther spiritual beliefs and stuff into my self.

now, for religion, we could argue all day and night about where it came from, or who started it? its plain to see that it has been influenced by man over time, but thats not to say they started it. for instance christianity (at least the christianity i know, and some of you hardcore christians might get mad at me for this) it based on the bible like it is fact, literal fact. now im starting to view it as more of a allegory than a historical reference. that means, its a story, meant to help people lead a better life, not a true actualy fact thing. for instance, the story of adam and eve, assuming you all know it, isnt a story of the first two people alive, but is actually a story about how people cause their own problems in life, and pay for them (they ate the forbidden apples, and got kicked out of heaven). now i havent quite redone the whole bible, but gimmie a story from it and ill see what i can come up with, if you like.

Rufus-Chamberlain
Rufus-Chamberlain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Jan. 30th, 2006 @ 06:02 PM Reply

Rhys.
12th september.

' god is the embodiment of the human ideal'

i used that in a recent speech in english to try and convince people that god was real by making them look at him differently.

put it like this...

what if people expect god to be a physical bodyguard instead of a part of themselves? God could be your better judgement. when you make the morally 'right' decision in the eyes of the human ideal. meaning, if you put all the morally correct thoughts and decisions into one category could that category not be classed as God? When you decide not to strike someone could that moral highground not be the divine intervention of God?

and everyone's favourite question 'if there's a god then why is there still suffering in the world?' God is what all people have in common. not some super hero. that's like saying superman should save us....not real.

but if we all have the power to make the right decision that could be seen as God. And we can all see it as it is a mental and subconscious part of everyone. except some people may choose to ignore that, therefore giving in to the temptations of 'the devil'.

this just lead me to my next philosophical snippet

'God is the potential common of everyone.'

meaning that God is what anyone can achieve if we all take a path of righteous.

im gonna stop now because my brain hurts and im starting to have trouble communicating my ideas :)

hope nobody died of brain strain!

Stardoggy
Stardoggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Jan. 30th, 2006 @ 06:15 PM Reply

Wow, gone for 1 hour and 3 new members.

Welcome to the club, guys! And I'm impressed with all of your ideas :P

AlStOrthevilclown
AlStOrthevilclown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Feb. 25th, 2006 @ 05:10 AM Reply

Necrod
6-6-90
I would like to join becuse I can't have talks like philosophy becuse people around me a reflective becuse they don't agree with the things I say.

AlStOrthevilclown
AlStOrthevilclown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Feb. 25th, 2006 @ 05:13 AM Reply

A thought is just thousands of cells moving as one body. Is the society of our world like that? Do we leave people in little pods while we live our lives in the infinite time zones. The universe is a yawning chasm filled with emptines and the pure meilding of worthlessnes why should we be so special.

LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Feb. 25th, 2006 @ 09:04 AM Reply

Which philosophy author would you recommend best for the category of enlightenment. I've been reading into alot of confucius and buddhism lately, and I want more. Plato sucks, I got a bunch of books and they were all just the story of his life. Anyways, recommendation please ?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
Yoow
Yoow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Feb. 25th, 2006 @ 09:28 AM Reply

1. Yoow
2. 14
3. 09-09-1991
4. 'Cause I think I think waaayy too much about things, and I kinda like to do it, so here I am :P

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Philosophy Crew Feb. 25th, 2006 @ 11:38 AM Reply

Can any of you give me advice on where to start with Giovanni Gentile ?

Thanks.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Philosophy Crew Feb. 25th, 2006 @ 12:10 PM Reply

1.Frozenillusion (duh)
3.18th november
4. I love talking about these kinda things.

BBS Signature