00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Whistled Flash entries and stickers

9,746 Views | 102 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 00:34:06

At 10/12/05 11:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We are planning on making a system where users can just delete their Flash, or if it's an established Flash put in a request for it to be deleted. This will make for a more efficent system.

Hate to have to post so quickly again, but have you taken the proper measures yet to make that feasible? I seem to recall illwillpress's account being hacked and someone had uploaded a flash on it. If this new system was invoked what would there be to stop someone from deciding they didn't like Krinkles and slipping into their account and deleting all of his flash. I don't think he'd be really enthusiastic about having to upload them all again, also his scores would be skewed, and he could take away awards from new aspiring users by getting awards again. I just want to make sure you have all of this thought through before putting it into place. Because if someone is good at hacking they most likely will get into the account even if you have a good password protection system. I only care for our authors.

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 00:38:05

should probably go though that list once a week, saves you work over time

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 00:49:14

At 10/12/05 11:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 10/12/05 10:41 PM, SaintShun wrote: Wade, what abou those entries the authors want to delete?
We are planning on making a system where users can just delete their Flash, or if it's an established Flash put in a request for it to be deleted. This will make for a more efficent system.

Well, will there be any plans to clean them up for the time being?

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 00:51:06

At 10/13/05 12:32 AM, LogoPresents wrote: Nope, Wade is more perfect than jesus. Don't attempt to prove him wrong.

*grovels and begs for Wade's forgiveness*

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 01:06:42

At 10/12/05 10:34 PM, WadeFulp wrote: 99% of these requests were bogus and the entries did break the rules which is very frustrating for us as it makes it hard to get to people who may have a legit claim.

You should make it so that if they make a request, and they did infact break the rules, that they should get an extended ban.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 01:09:36

It's good to see there's some spring cleaning going on (by which I mean, fall cleaning, or maybe Southern Hemisphere spring cleaning). It'll be good to see alllll those lousy flagged movies be erased from my memories.

And, um, yay for free stickers! I would actually buy some, but I'm a cheap bastard and I'm going to use my hard-mooched money on buying the Complete Far Side Collection book. Looking at that makes me laugh more than looking at the stickers.

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 01:15:27

Kool so I'll get a little boost in blams from the flagged.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 01:31:42

At 10/12/05 11:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We are planning on making a system where users can just delete their Flash, or if it's an established Flash put in a request for it to be deleted. This will make for a more efficent system.

that's an awesome idea. I'm going to start submitting more movies without the whole batting average fear

Sig

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 01:40:39

At 10/12/05 11:48 PM, LogoPresents wrote: I've got like $300 bucks i don't need...Can i buy a roll of stickers (The 500 pack or whatever) with paypal? If so, i'll do it immediately.

Good God man. Donate that shit to charity! Don't spend it on stickers!
I mean I don't mean to aundermine the "NG stickers business" but $300 can be used in a MUCH more useful fashion than some stickers from a website.

And also, glad the flagged stuff will be cleared, now I look forward to a future time when there will be portal mods to make things in the portal more efficient.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 01:59:45

At 10/13/05 01:40 AM, F00D wrote: I mean I don't mean to aundermine the "NG stickers business" but $300 can be used in a MUCH more useful fashion than some stickers from a website.

I don't think there are too many people left in the US who haven't heard of Newgrounds, I think that is money better spent on charity.

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 02:23:58

At 10/13/05 01:59 AM, DamienK wrote:
At 10/13/05 01:40 AM, F00D wrote: I mean I don't mean to aundermine the "NG stickers business" but $300 can be used in a MUCH more useful fashion than some stickers from a website.
I don't think there are too many people left in the US who haven't heard of Newgrounds, I think that is money better spent on charity.

Are the Fulps using 100 dollar bills to whipe their ass? Or did i miss something?

I emailed Wade and said something like "I'll give you $100 even if you give me like 50 stickers. I just need enough to conver my body so i can go streaking. You can use the money left over to buy beers on my bill. I want to show my gratitude, and kiss your ass for making NG, 'cause it's unbelievably awesome."

Something like that, anyway, yeah. I'm going to go to a Halloween party as "THE NEWGROUNDS MAN!!!" Stickers from head to toe ;-)

Ignorance is bliss.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 02:54:50

At 10/13/05 02:23 AM, LogoPresents wrote: Are the Fulps using 100 dollar bills to whipe their ass? Or did i miss something?

No but we all know that its more important for them to have that ability than for New Orleans residents to have basic neccesities. Besides, what the hell would somebody do with 300 dollars worth of stickers that would justify spending in on stickers rather than charity. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy anything because there are people in trouble down south, but now isn't the time to waste money.

And $300 worth of stickers, no offense to Tom and Wade, is wasting money.

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 03:30:46

At 10/13/05 02:54 AM, DamienK wrote:
At 10/13/05 02:23 AM, LogoPresents wrote: Are the Fulps using 100 dollar bills to whipe their ass? Or did i miss something?
No but we all know that its more important for them to have that ability than for New Orleans residents to have basic neccesities. Besides, what the hell would somebody do with 300 dollars worth of stickers that would justify spending in on stickers rather than charity. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy anything because there are people in trouble down south, but now isn't the time to waste money.

And $300 worth of stickers, no offense to Tom and Wade, is wasting money.

OKay:

1) I said: "I have $300, i want a ROLL of stickers" NOT "I want 300 dollars worth of stickers"
2) Have you seen the news lately? People are faking that they were tramatized by the floods in New Orleans, and using the relief cash. Aint that fucked up?

I hate to sound like an asshole, but charities suck dude. If i were going to use my money for a greater cause, i'd do it myself. My brother and i were going to take his F-150 with a boat on the back, with a shotgun, and try to save people from the flooding (Shotgun to fend off the snipers and shit). He was VERY serious about this, and we live IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

Anyway, if i was going to use my money on them, i'd do it that way. But since MY ass isn't flooded, i'm going to buy some fucking stickers, and help out the guys that contribute to the HAVEN i call New Grounds. 'Cause THEY'RE my charity ;-)

Ignorance is bliss.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 03:41:10

At 10/13/05 02:54 AM, DamienK wrote:
No but we all know that its more important for them to have that ability than for New :Orleans residents to have basic neccesities. Besides, what the hell would somebody do :with 300 dollars worth of stickers that would justify spending in on stickers rather than :charity. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy anything because there are people in trouble :down south, but now isn't the time to waste money.

Don't forget the people in Pakistan/India/Afghanistan who suffered from the earthquake. I just looked it up, and they say the death toll's above 30,000. Not to take anything away from the people of New Orleans and the surrounding areas (and not to sound too preachy), but we really need to remember that suffering is a global thing, and we need to treat it as such. Looking back on it, this has been a pretty rough year, what with tsunamis and hurricanes and earthquakes and what-not.

But, to keep our minds focused on happy things: FREE STICKERS! WOOO!

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 03:47:24

At 10/13/05 03:41 AM, THE_BOLSHEVIK wrote:
Don't forget the people in Pakistan/India/Afghanistan who suffered from the earthquake. I just looked it up, and they say the death toll's above 30,000. Not to take anything away from the people of New Orleans and the surrounding areas (and not to sound too preachy), but we really need to remember that suffering is a global thing, and we need to treat it as such. Looking back on it, this has been a pretty rough year, what with tsunamis and hurricanes and earthquakes and what-not.

YAY! Time to be hated again! I want to go on one of my "I want to live as a samuri again" speaches! Fuck it, i'm too tired.

Personally, i like it how people are shown that they aren't safe, no matter how safe they think they are. Houses destroyed, streets flooded, living in complete chaos. Look at the world. If we still had to hunt animals, there'd be no fatties like there are today. There'd only be the fit, sexeh guys like me. That, and everyone complains about bullshit things that are so stupid. If we still had to fight to live, we wouldn't care about Eminem's lyrics or shit like that.

I'm just a ball of hate, what can i say. I'm actually a loving person, it's just that fatties bring me down :(

Ignorance is bliss.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 04:14:26

Ah well, I haven't flagged much recently, so I doubt this'll affect me.

Allow international sticker orders, god damnnit.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 04:29:32

At 10/13/05 01:15 AM, AnzRage wrote: Kool so I'll get a little boost in blams from the flagged.

You will lose lots of reviews. I didnt see my blam count go up check the obituaries for october 13 holy shit 1600 entries. I I know I blammed lots of those it looks I got no points even though it say right in FAQ you will get the blam points.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 04:44:37

At 10/12/05 11:22 PM, Wylo wrote: Too bad I was too lazy to try to get the free stickers.

lol
were on the same page
i even wrote up a 2 page letter
but i never got around to sending it
sooner or latter im just gonna type it up and send it in
but who knows how long that wll take me

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 05:04:29

Hey Wade can You Set my Whistle Points to Negative 500,000.

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 06:02:06

Thanks Wade for doing this. In particular, I was eying all the fake Decline of Video Gaming's that I had personally watched flagged down for ages.

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 06:05:24

At 10/12/05 10:34 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I have set all Portal entries that have been marked for administrative review to be cleared.

I've got a review back because of this.

However, Newgrounds is running very slow at the moment and I get error messages like "www.Newgrounds.com couldn't be reached".

Is a server load the result of the cleaning and the error messages?

(Got the error two times when I only tried to post this).

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 06:17:43

I mostly whistle at reviews since submissions I check very hard and long before determining the truth and others just whistle... but apparently reviews are just as good since just today I got my bronze whistle.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 06:56:18

At 10/13/05 12:34 AM, Xiivi wrote:
If this new system was invoked what would there be to stop someone from deciding they didn't like Krinkles and slipping into their account and deleting all of his flash.

You raise a good point and I'm sure the admins will factor such a scenario into the system they plan to implement. I imagine Flash as popular as Krinkles' would require the deletion request, in which the author might possibly be given a small space to describe his or her reasoning for the deletion as well as email verification, to validate the request. Email verification would also be an effective safety measure for the not-quite-as-established authors with the ability to straight out delete.

Regardless, this is all speculation and I very highly doubt this system ISN'T going to be well thought-out, just like every other new feature we're privileged to experience.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 07:40:30

yur tha fuk!

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 08:00:42

Now that it seems that I'm stuck with my computer for some time, I could think about customising it a bit, and what'd be better than a NG sticker. So, as I will be getting some money tomorrow, I'll reserve some to order me some stikers :D

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 08:27:48

Is that why my stickers have been taking so long?

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 09:42:23

Thanks for that clear out Wade. It's been a few months since you last cleared the whistled entries and I can see how frustrating it can be to go through all those flashes. I would have just deleted all the flashes, fairly flagged or not if there were too many flashes to go through.

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 09:58:29

YAY! Oh wait none of this affects me in any way

*sighs*

BBS Signature

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 11:10:11

sweet. stickers

Response to Whistled Flash entries and stickers 2005-10-13 12:03:41

Wade, I'm just wondering, are the whistle points for abusive reviews the same amount of points for flagged entries? If so, I think flagged movies should give people more whistle points.