00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nintendo = King

51,026 Views | 545 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:12:27

I have to say... People have been wondering for a while what the Nintendo Revolution was gonna be like. I just saw a picture of the controller today and was like WTF... It looks like an iPod, which is cool, but how does it work? Then I saw the video... You gotta see this:

REVOLUTION

It's totally nuts! It's like, you can swing it to play baseball or use it as a lightgun, the potential is endless. I'm already getting ideas. We gotta get some devkits, it's gonna be an exciting year in the new office!

Office update: Settlement is scheduled for November 17th, I'm still working on early occupancy. The space is a combined Newgrounds / the Behemoth office, so we'll be doing it all - web development, console development and more. We even have public space for art installations and a million other things! I want this place to be mecca, but it will take some time! I'm always looking to hear from proactive creative types in the Philadelphia area (noteably Glenside, immediately north of downtown) because the sky is the limit right now. That Nintendo Revolution video got me excited.

Back to work!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:14:51

yeah it looks like a remote connected to an x side of a controller, as long as it plays smash brothers well i'm getting it.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:16:32

what the heck.........nintendo surely rocks........

SERVING THE CAUSE

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:16:33

Ooohhh, nice.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:17:16

Nintendo still rules the war, while xbox and sony stay with the old ways of gaming, nintendo always comes up with new ideas. thats what I like about them. Now I hope there will be developer that can make use of the controller...

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:18:56

Of course it could end up being totally gimicky. It's an exciting video though. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:19:16

The Revolution is going to be awesome.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:19:18

Yeah, I'm really curious to see what the do with it, although there's some games I just can't imagine playing with a two-part controller :(

Can't wait to check out the new office next year though =)

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:21:27

Oh man now I know why they called it the revoulution.

Even if it turns out to be worse than the 360 or PS3 its revoultuionary none the less.

I want to die in a war

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:21:52

I knew it! But is Nitendo making the right choice of controller? I mean...look at it! It's looks like a remote, I thought it'd be something like the GameCube controller. It looks hard to use during gameplay and might be a problem, good thing the Revolution isn't coming for a while.

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:22:44

At 9/16/05 10:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: It's totally nuts! It's like, you can swing it to play baseball or use it as a lightgun, the potential is endless. I'm already getting ideas. We gotta get some devkits, it's gonna be an exciting year in the new office!

That looked awesome. Seems to be more than the remote control I first called it.

Something I'm curious about though, since when did you start to look on Norweigan websites?

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:23:17

At 9/16/05 10:17 AM, DoomBrigade wrote: Nintendo still rules the war, while xbox and sony stay with the old ways of gaming, nintendo always comes up with new ideas. thats what I like about them. Now I hope there will be developer that can make use of the controller...

Oh yeah, having 3 different processors so the xbox can process 9 trillion polygons per second sure is old-fasioned...

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:23:42

it looks like the future.

It looks like a party system.

It reminds me of all the stupid gimmicky shit they made for the original nintendo, like the power glove and the mat.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:23:55

Looks interesting ,, cant wait to see more on that.,, Ohh and good luck on the new office!! You have a bunch of people with talent and ambition,, you can make it work.

just2pale

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:28:42

I totally trust in Nintendo that they're going to make it awsome, I can't wait till the Rev comes out. I'm still wondering how to use the controller though. I hope they make a demo about it soon...

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:28:51

Viva la REVOLUTION!!!!

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:29:51

It looks gimmicky and weird to use, people don't like change. I wouldn't be surprised if this causes them sales loss, or perhaps even just going to a generic controller style.

But let's sit back and see how it pans out.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:30:29

Why I don't like it:

1: I don't see myself sitting on my bed going all crazy
2: My hand doesn't go up when I shoot
3: I might break something if I'm too excited and smash my hand on the chair or something
4: I'd feel stupid by moving with the game with a friend watching, same thing was with SOCOM headset when I was playing it with my friends

I will wait and see

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:30:51

At 9/16/05 10:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Of course it could end up being totally gimicky. It's an exciting video though. :)

Yeah. It could help dentists work on teeth or help people on fishing, or even make people improve on aiming!

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:32:41

At 9/16/05 10:23 AM, TwinsenDude wrote:
Oh yeah, having 3 different processors so the xbox can process 9 trillion polygons per second sure is old-fasioned...

Yeah, gaming that doesn't change sure is brand spanking new aswell isn't it. :rolleyes:
Graphics aren't everything darling.

As far as the controller goes, it looks the nuts, and i'm looking forward to using it myself, methinks that the Rev. will be worth the wait.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:34:59

Yeah, as I said in another Nintendo Revolution thread, I think it would make sense to design a normal controller with the wi-fi technology to be compatable with games that come out on PS3 or Xbox 360.

Otherwise, the game developers have a choice. Nintendo, or the other guys.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:36:51

Nintendo RULES!!! and Tom i didn'tknow you went into a norwegian site.

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:37:24

i dont like the looks of it..
terrible look..
mabye if it looked better.. wireless.. etc.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:39:26

At 9/16/05 10:33 AM, BadReligionSkater wrote: Wade Fulp game announced for launch.

I'd by it at launch. I'll definetly be the #1 best selling game ever, right next to the Bedn game.

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:40:13

I dunno, just makes it look like an eye toy with a controller.
Making mario jump by moving my wrist up and down? I'd get
tierd after afew levels.

I just want to see NG members pilgrimage to the NG HQ.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:40:55

Tom that nintendo revoltion looks awsome but I'm getting x-box 360 that's awsome to hear about the office man I'm sure it will look wonderful when it's done.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:41:55

Wooh! I knew I wasn't going to buy a next-gen Nintendo, and this is why!

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:42:13

At 9/16/05 10:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: It's totally nuts! It's like, you can swing it to play baseball or use it as a lightgun, the potential is endless. I'm already getting ideas. We gotta get some devkits, it's gonna be an exciting year in the new office!

That controller looks awesome. It really makes the ols style controllers look like a thing of the past.

I'm sold.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:45:22

look out Sony this is gonna DOMINATE the market!!! the potential for sword fps games is MASSIVE!!!! you'll be swinging the sword first person Legend of Zelda games will be soooo cooooooooooool >< that settles it i AM getting a Revolution because Nintendo are pushing far and beyond the boundaries, they have gone WELL beyond ANY console EVER made, the PS3 cannot match this unless it makes a headset that makes everything 3D and also has a suit that detects every movement you make putting you in the game, they should change their slogan to:

interactivity, be the game

because nothing is gonna put them out of business! Ninty is biting back and biting hard, Sony is the one in danger after seeing that >:) take a burn Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo knows how to make a console better than yours >:)

NES - Nintendo Entertainment System, good beginings
SNES - Super Nintendo Entertainment System, a sequel
N64 - Nintendo 64, 64 bit, a revolutio for its time
GameCube - the current console, soon to be seen as outdated by the awesome might of the...
Revolution - ...greatest console ever going to be made, this is truley going to be legendary, much like the N64

GameBoy - first handheld game device
GameBoy Colour - smaller, colourful, better
GameBoy Advance/SP - revolutionising the way people see the handhelds
Nintnedo DS - touch screen, mic and yet, so small

Nintendo is not going to die, period.

Gamertag: Medieval Turkey.

I also make signatures - PM what you want, and I'll make it.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-16 10:47:38

thats great, once again nentindo is the best!

Never fight an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. Oh yea and heres..

THE BESTEST GAME EVER

BBS Signature