Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 21st, 2008 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 9/17/08 09:12 PM, Dew wrote:
Ah, good to hear someone's up to taking over the list. Although I haven't seen Dew in this forum often, I welcome him for being the new Top (Flash) Reviewers updater.
Just because I don't post often, doesn't mean I'm not watchin' ;)

True, but unfortunately, I can't tell who's watching this forum and who isn't. ;)

Fair enough. I'll give him time to make his first update. A short post from him soon would be nice, though. :)
Patience, young one. One cannot always receive things in haste, for one will not receive it right. :p

Ah, there we go. :)

At 9/20/08 09:56 AM, Dew wrote: This is my first up date, so if there's a little mistake here or there, in terms of the look, or the calculations, then cut me some slack :P

Not to worry, I've made a few mistakes on my B/P and Regulars List updates as well, so I can't complain about any mistakes here. Anyway, thanks for the update Dew.

38) 1255 || + 021 || Bahamut (+2)

A mistake I spotted. I went up by 21 reviews on the previous update, so really, I gained nothing on this update. However, the mistake is understandable.

I look forward to your next update.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

rune-hunter
rune-hunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 21st, 2008 @ 02:58 PM Reply

Wow, awesome that you took over the list Dew!
Good update i hope you update every week.

PSN name: COD4pwner9792.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 21st, 2008 @ 03:18 PM Reply

That´s a pretty good looking update there Dew :) A few minor mistakes, but that´s okay. You did great for your first update.

Oh and to all people who are saying that their totals are wrong: The file that I sent to Dew wasn´t the latest update, but the update before (#142). Reason for that was that I lost the file of the 143rd update because of a computer crash. It saved Dew a lot of time to ignore that update, so that´s why Bahamut for example has +21 while he didn´t write any reviews lately :)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 21st, 2008 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 9/11/08 07:55 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/9/08 03:13 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/8/08 04:53 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/6/08 09:05 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/6/08 05:17 AM, Coop83 wrote:
got a response for Messed up Bible Stories 4 yesterday, so it's all good.

So you enjoyed it?
Oh hell yeah.
so I guess that's a "I recommend you watch this flash Aci6."?
I'll take it as that :P

fair enough.

Have you watched it yet?

er no...

No?

Then why are you still here?!

I don't know! :P
I'll watch it back to back when I get some time, too many people need the computer for school so lately I've only gotten time to deposit Gold.

You still spend a bit of time on those other posts, how often do you even happen to go on the General Board?
General?! Why would I want to go back and hang there - people don't appreciate my posting style on that board, so I stick to the proper forums - Wi/Ht; Clubs & Crews and the occasional jaunt to Video Games, Politics and Flash.

Fair enough, i actually put long posts on the General board when it calls for it, they kind of appreciate it. nothing grand its just like, 'oh there goes Aci6 doing that thing he does'...

That's as maybe, but I think there aren't many things that can stop something like this now. Not even Emperor Palpatine could stop this if he so wished.
Yeah, just live in the present without worrying about the future.
I take each day as it comes and live for fun, which is something that a surprising amount of people forget how to do in this day and age.

And Emperor Palpatine? Is that... is that Star Wars?
Yes, it is Star Wars - one of the greatest film series ever, despite what Bahamut says about it!

I thought he was called 'Senator' Palpatine? Decent franchise, not the greatest however...

At 9/11/08 07:10 AM, Aci6 wrote:
shadowchaotailsevil3 jumped in at the deep end and failed to swim. However, sonofkirk has taken over and has done a decent job of taking over the list, so we can see what becomes of it.

Yeah... look at me on the list and then my profile... I wasn't even on the audio update list (got deleted) so it seems the change isn't going to be nice to me... :(

Sticks and stones will break my bones if the radiation doesn't kill me.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 22nd, 2008 @ 10:20 AM Reply

At 9/21/08 05:23 PM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/11/08 07:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yes, it is Star Wars - one of the greatest film series ever, despite what Bahamut says about it!
I thought he was called 'Senator' Palpatine? Decent franchise, not the greatest however...

Add Star Wars to your list of need to watch movies. He is Emperor Palpatine for the duration of the trilogy. We're talking the classic ones from '77, '80 and '83 here.

shadowchaotailsevil3 jumped in at the deep end and failed to swim. However, sonofkirk has taken over and has done a decent job of taking over the list, so we can see what becomes of it.
Yeah... look at me on the list and then my profile... I wasn't even on the audio update list (got deleted) so it seems the change isn't going to be nice to me... :(

You weren't on the list for the Audio reviewers with sonofkirk? if not, PM him and he'll add you to the list.

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 23rd, 2008 @ 06:10 AM Reply

At 9/22/08 10:20 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/21/08 05:23 PM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/11/08 07:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yes, it is Star Wars - one of the greatest film series ever, despite what Bahamut says about it!
Add Star Wars to your list of need to watch movies. He is Emperor Palpatine for the duration of the trilogy. We're talking the classic ones from '77, '80 and '83 here.

Oh right then, I've just watched a couple of movies here and there but I've never really gotten engrossed in the whole Star Wars universe.
Probably never will now.

You weren't on the list for the Audio reviewers with sonofkirk? if not, PM him and he'll add you to the list.

I posted in the thread when asked all people on the list to, what happened was that he deleted about 4 places and I think I may have been there.
I really think that List Posters should either have an edit button or preview button so everything looks right when they hit 'post it.'

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 23rd, 2008 @ 06:38 AM Reply

At 9/20/08 10:13 AM, Dew wrote: 01) +212 | Daedo-The-Mofo

Woot, lots of reviews there, keep it going!

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 23rd, 2008 @ 08:13 AM Reply

At 9/23/08 06:10 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/22/08 10:20 AM, Coop83 wrote: Add Star Wars to your list of need to watch movies. He is Emperor Palpatine for the duration of the trilogy. We're talking the classic ones from '77, '80 and '83 here.
Oh right then, I've just watched a couple of movies here and there but I've never really gotten engrossed in the whole Star Wars universe.

Probably never will now.

It's a classic trilogy, but the three prequels aren't exactly groundbreaking - they wouldn't have been back in '77, to be honest. I'd still recommend that you watch it.

I posted in the thread when asked all people on the list to, what happened was that he deleted about 4 places and I think I may have been there.

You're on the new one - I thought that the big gap one was from shadowchaotailsevil3

I really think that List Posters should either have an edit button or preview button so everything looks right when they hit 'post it.'

List posters are the same as everyone else - we don't get special privileges or anything like that. We need to make sure that we do these voluntary jobs correctly first time. I've mentioned to sonofkirk to check it through with his News Post function if he's unsure.

The latest version isn't bad at all.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 25th, 2008 @ 05:08 AM Reply

At 9/23/08 08:13 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/23/08 06:10 AM, Aci6 wrote: Probably never will now.
It's a classic trilogy, but the three prequels aren't exactly groundbreaking - they wouldn't have been back in '77, to be honest. I'd still recommend that you watch it.

I've seen them but I've never really become extremely engrossed in the whole universe.
I find it all very interesting though, the idea of this 'force' and its set a long time ago and not in the future which adds an interesting question.

with this whinge in mind I should be on the last list in the top 10, I had about 90 something new reviews.

You're on the new one - I thought that the big gap one was from shadowchaotailsevil3

Must have been, I like Sonofkirk, he does a good job, I hope to see him consistantly doing the lists, nothing on the others however

List posters are the same as everyone else - we don't get special privileges or anything like that. We need to make sure that we do these voluntary jobs correctly first time. I've mentioned to sonofkirk to check it through with his News Post function if he's unsure.

News Post Function?
Whats that?

The latest version isn't bad at all.

I bet it isn't!
What is it? (intrigued)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 25th, 2008 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 9/25/08 05:08 AM, Aci6 wrote: I've seen them but I've never really become extremely engrossed in the whole universe.

Fair enough, I suppose

I find it all very interesting though, the idea of this 'force' and its set a long time ago and not in the future which adds an interesting question.

The thing I find amusing about that is that they are so far away and it's so long ago, yet they all seem to speak perfect American.

News Post Function?

Whats that?

When you go into your profile and click 'Make a News Post', which every users can do. Of course, once they've made the dummy post, they can go into the account options to delete said post, as it's just for a test, really.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Daedo-The-Mofo
Daedo-The-Mofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 25th, 2008 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 9/23/08 06:38 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 9/20/08 10:13 AM, Dew wrote: 01) +212 | Daedo-The-Mofo
Woot, lots of reviews there, keep it going!

Hey, thanks a lot! Just came across this thread, never even knew it existed. Then again, I don't much frequent the BBS. Gonna start hanging around more I think though.

Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 26th, 2008 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 9/25/08 05:37 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/25/08 05:08 AM, Aci6 wrote: I've seen them but I've never really become extremely engrossed in the whole universe.
Fair enough, I suppose

The thing I find amusing about that is that they are so far away and it's so long ago, yet they all seem to speak perfect American.

Haha yeah.
I remember walking into the lounge room one day when my sisters were watch some Disney movie set in Japan in the early B.C centuries.
I just asked after about five minutes, "why are they speaking english?"

News Post Function?

Whats that?
When you go into your profile and click 'Make a News Post', which every users can do. Of course, once they've made the dummy post, they can go into the account options to delete said post, as it's just for a test, really.

Never thought of that, quite ingenius really.

Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 28th, 2008 @ 04:13 AM Reply

At 9/27/08 07:46 PM, Dew wrote: 63) 1046 || + 109 || Aci6 (+10)

Close to the top 50, a couple of burst here and there should get me there.

Top Ten Reviewers:
1. Aci6 109

*claps*
Great job by me, now I've got to keep a consistent pace... hmmmmmmm

2. Daedo-The-Mofo 108
3. Nylo 89
4. Molotov 85
5. BMX007 12
6. rune-hunter 10
7. emanhattan 10
8. wegra2007 09
9. KupaMan 07
10. Aznime 06

Congrats to everyone on this list.

Anyways, good work this week, from some. Nice job. That damn nest thing has slowed this post down -_-

You're doing a great job Dew.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 28th, 2008 @ 04:19 AM Reply

At 9/26/08 11:17 PM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/25/08 05:08 AM, Aci6 wrote: News Post Function?

Whats that?

Well, it's how I did it for my first update of the Top 100 Responses list. I just wish that it was easier for me to climb that list, as it takes so long to make up 1 rank now.

At 9/27/08 07:32 PM, Dew wrote: Nothing too big this week. I do believe the over taking of 4th spot by Molotov rounds out the most exciting part of the update.

You're forgetting how excitable Coop is when people keep ignoring him >:(

48) 1096 || + 005 || 2good2b4goten (-1)
49) 1108 || + 008 || Coop83 (-1)

So, I'm still 48th - I did lose a rank this time, as I was passed by Daedo-The-Mofo, but I was ahead of 2good2b4gotten anyway last update, it's just that there's something up with the sort function here...

At 9/27/08 07:46 PM, Dew wrote: Top Ten Reviewers:
1. Aci6 109
2. Daedo-The-Mofo 108
3. Nylo 89
4. Molotov 85
5. BMX007 12
6. rune-hunter 10
7. emanhattan 10
8. wegra2007 09
9. KupaMan 07
10. Aznime 06

You've got to be shitting me. I've got to find lots of things to review and soon.

Anyways, good work this week, from some. Nice job. That damn nest thing has slowed this post down -_-

Nest thing?

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Sep. 28th, 2008 @ 04:31 AM Reply

At 9/28/08 04:19 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/26/08 11:17 PM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/25/08 05:08 AM, Aci6 wrote: News Post Function?

Whats that?
Well, it's how I did it for my first update of the Top 100 Responses list. I just wish that it was easier for me to climb that list, as it takes so long to make up 1 rank now.

I just don't care about that list, if some people respond to me then that's cool, I like feedback as much as they like people reviewing.
A tip is to review small, unnoticed flash because the Artist takes in any review and will respond because they're so grateful.

You've got to be shitting me. I've got to find lots of things to review and soon.

Because of me ;) ...

Nest thing?

Yeah, I didn't get that either, nest tags I assume, constant annoying unclosed nest tags.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 10:14 AM Reply

Just thought I'd mention that I came across a user who has 1385 flash reviews and noticed he wasn't on the list. Although this user has written a lot of poor reviews, he still has enough to be on the list. Infact, he's got more reviews than I have.

At 10/5/08 09:56 AM, Dew wrote: Update

Oh yeah, I forgot about the previous update. :S Nevermind, thanks for the latest update Dew.

38) 1255 || + 000 || Bahamut

That's how I've been for the last two updates. Just standing still, but at least no reviews have been deleted since. :)

42) 1208 || + 030 || Daedo-The-Mofo (+1)

Interesting. Looks like he'll pass me soon enough.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Daedo-The-Mofo
Daedo-The-Mofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 11:30 AM Reply

Hehe yeah, eventually. Amount of reviews have steadily declined the past couple of weeks though...

FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 12:39 PM Reply

Hey guys, i forgot, was I ever in 4th place?

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 09:56 AM, Dew wrote: 48) 1124 || -- 001 || OrgGladiator (-1)
49) 1111 || + 003 || Coop83
50) 1107 || + 061 || Aci6 (+3)

Thanks for the update, Dew. Nice work.

Can't believe that I only managed 3 reviews over the whole week. That sucks balls.

At 10/5/08 10:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: Just thought I'd mention that I came across a user who has 1385 flash reviews and noticed he wasn't on the list. Although this user has written a lot of poor reviews, he still has enough to be on the list. Infact, he's got more reviews than I have.

Better add him to the top responses list as well...

At 10/5/08 12:18 PM, Dew wrote: I'd like to see that one guy who'll try and surpass my total. I know it'll give me a chance to finally get back into reviewing. Although, at this rate, it doesn't look like that'll happen for along time.

That sounds like a gauntlet being thrown down. I might just have to pick that one up.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
darknessdweller
darknessdweller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 09:56 AM, Dew wrote: 01) 17779|| -- 000 || XwaynecoltX

Holy shit! O_O

02) 15796|| -- 009 || KWAS71KCK

ANOTHER 5-digit review amount!

03) 6803 || -- 000 || Cyberdevil

No moar guessing games? T_T

04) 5221 || + 000 || Molotov

Hazzah for Molotov! btw Molotov sounds liek a russian kind of username is it?

07) 4860 || + 006 || YoinK

Ah, the guy who made "Hye There Delilah Suck My Dick"

18) 1771 || -- 001 || AfroUnderscoreStud

Afro_Stud has no blog! I wonder what he does these days.

22) 1580 || -- 001 || iscrulz

Is he REALLY 71???

36) 1281 || + 000 || ramagi (-2)

The highest level mod?

38) 1255 || + 000 || Bahamut

Hazzah for my English friend!

YAY Coop's in teh top 50 now!!! I bet he's glad to hear that!

Dude, that guy's so helpful here, he should be regular or member!

Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 05:20 AM Reply

At 10/5/08 09:56 AM, Dew wrote:

Awesome, top 50 now.

At 10/5/08 10:02 AM, Dew wrote: Top ten reviewers:
1. Aci6 61.
2. 2good2b4goten 39.
3. Daedo-The-Mofo 30.
4. wegra2007 20.
5. BMX007 (+2) 14.
6. Aznime 7.
7. YoinK 6.
8. MAYORMCHEESE 5.
9. emanhattan 5.
10. Chris-Aldin 4.

a huge round of applause to these people, didn't realise I'd done so much, I'll have to keep this up I guess.

Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 10/5/08 03:40 PM, darknessdweller wrote:
Dude, that guy's so helpful here, he should be regular or member!

Just read this, interesting... interesting.... just what exactly does it mean to be regular or member?

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 08:21 AM Reply

At 10/5/08 03:40 PM, darknessdweller wrote:
At 10/5/08 09:56 AM, Dew wrote: 49) 1111 || + 003 || Coop83
YAY Coop's in teh top 50 now!!! I bet he's glad to hear that!

Don't you get how the list works? I've been in the top 50 for weeks. The +3 is the amount of reviews I gained.

Seriously, do they teach you to act so dumb?

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 03:00 AM Reply

At 10/7/08 08:21 AM, Coop83 wrote: Don't you get how the list works? I've been in the top 50 for weeks. The +3 is the amount of reviews I gained.

Bit harsh, he means well.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 03:47 AM Reply

At 10/8/08 03:00 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 10/7/08 08:21 AM, Coop83 wrote: Don't you get how the list works? I've been in the top 50 for weeks. The +3 is the amount of reviews I gained.

It goes back a long way - we're talking months now, that I've been trying to teach him the finer points of understanding the system here on Newgrounds. He seems intent on showing me the finer points of being a dick.

Believe me, I've had more than enough of that to last me a lifetime.

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 04:39 AM Reply

At 10/8/08 03:47 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/8/08 03:00 AM, Aci6 wrote:

It goes back a long way - we're talking months now, that I've been trying to teach him the finer points of understanding the system here on Newgrounds. He seems intent on showing me the finer points of being a dick.

Believe me, I've had more than enough of that to last me a lifetime.

Well I can see your point then, if you've had to put up with it then saying what you think is never enough.
By the way, what about me breaking top 50?
Pretty good eh (nudge, nudge)?

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 11th, 2008 @ 04:50 AM Reply

At 9/3/08 06:48 PM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah, review deletions really suck, whether it be a mod deleting your reviews or a flash being deleted (really hate the latter happening!).

Well, I've never had the former happen to me, so I can't judge them relative to each other, but.... yes, the latter sucks balls. I've lost... at least 50 reviews. If not 100... that way... since I started reviewing in 2002. I still remember losing the first review I wrote in 2002, in fact. Two of the first 10, overall... in 2003-2004 (yep, aways later).

But 5 years ago, you only needed 200 or so reviews to get into the top 100. Infact, I joined the top 100 when I had around 600 reviews.

Compared to many other top 100s, 200 up to 700 is a mild increase.

That's a very good question. You being most ranked up made me happier.

Awww, thanks.

(cough)gfox was quoting everyone's favourite grumpy ol' dwarf from the Lord of the Rings.... GIMLI!(cough)
You know, I had a feeling this had something to do with Lord of the Rings, but I thought you were making a reference to something else.

Nope.

... I'll explain it better in a bit, since you either don't get the joke, or are just playing MISTAH SMARTARSE.
I've seen the LOTR trilogy.

Well thank god you've seen at least ONE massively-important-to-the-sci-fi/fantas y-nerds-of-the-past-30 years trilogy.

At 9/1/08 02:39 PM, rune-hunter wrote: Yeah Lord of the rings is jsut awesome!
There are signs on the ring
which make me feel so down
there's one to enslave all rings
to find them all in time
and drive them into darkness
forever they'll be bound

Mine's a tale that can't be told
My freedom I hold dear
How years ago in days of old
When magic filled the air...
'Twas in the darkest depths of Mordor
I met a girl so fair
But Gollum... and the Evil One crept up
And slipped away with her....
Her... her... yeah.
Ain't nothing I can do, no.

Ramble on....

At 9/4/08 03:53 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 9/1/08 12:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I'd love to learn the game, as it's baseball's cousin... but I have few opportunities. I've tried to read about the rules on wikipedia... but I really need to watch moar. Reading about baseball's rules without watching any baseball would be just as confusing as what I was doing. It is teh fail.
Fair enough do you know which came first?
Baseball or Cricket?
On a much larger scale you'd say that Cricket has a much larger following being played in so many countries... to my knowledge all I know that follows baseball is America..

It sounds like you're trying to turn it into some sort of competition based on seniority (DOOM 1 and 2 were around long before Half-Life 1 and 2, but as much fun as DOOM is, Half-Life owns its ass). What's the point of that, anyway?

Anyway... both baseball and cricket are related to the British sport of Rounders, and no, I don't know the precise dates. Not even baseball historians in the US know for sure. There are some bits of evidence of baseball being played almost as early as the Revolution, but other bits that show it in various times in the early-mid 1800s. Only thing that's for sure is that there are no current major league teams with tenures longer than 140-150* years or so, so... the organised professional history doesn't really stretch back beyond the American Civil War.

Still, that beats the socks off of basketball and American football (which are the main two sports in America nowadays, alas, BTW, not baseball, "America's Pastime" indeeed. Hmph.

As for only the US being into baseball... pass me whatever you're on, man.

Japan and Latin America are more into baseball than America is. I lived in Japan from 1988 to 1991, and baseball and football were the main sports. They still are, though basketball is growing in popularity in East Asia.

Canada is as into baseball as America is (hell, there are some who claim it was invented in Canada, not the US), and Australia + a few countries in Europe are into it somewhat as well.

Japan, Cuba, Domnican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, and now even Korea are producing as much professional baseball talent as Canada and the States do.

(* - http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/1101 6134 )
(* - http://images.sportsline.com/images/visu al/1008miller-philliesws-1.jpg )

At 9/4/08 04:19 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/29/08 11:39 PM, Aci6 wrote: I couldn't really grip it either :/
It was easy enough for me, as it's a statistical game and that's one of the things I love.

HE JUST NEEDS TO CHOKE UP ON THE BAT A BIT.</grip pun>

At 9/1/08 12:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 8/27/08 11:11 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/27/08 10:41 AM, Auz wrote: I´ve also been to a baseball game once, but watching wasn´t that interesting either imo. There were a lot breaks and very few moments with action.
Watch Ice Hockey instead - much more action :P
Way to defend baseball, you turncoat bastich!!! ;_;
Turncoat? Moi? I'll have you know that I came to watching Baseball mainly due to my infatuation with the game of Hockey.

Then I thank hockey for that, but you still told a dude who needs to be converted to a baseball fan "watch ____ instead (of baseball)," which is a pretty under the belt move there. ;_;

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 11th, 2008 @ 11:07 AM Reply

At 10/11/08 04:50 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Then I thank hockey for that, but you still told a dude who needs to be converted to a baseball fan "watch ____ instead (of baseball)," which is a pretty under the belt move there. ;_;

playoffs

The Top 100 Reviewers List

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 12th, 2008 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 10/12/08 08:27 AM, Dew wrote: 51) 1116 || + 005 || Coop83 (-1)

Never thought I'd see the day. I've got to pull my finger out and get some reviewing done now.

Top ten reviewers
1) 1845 || + 086 || Dew
2) 1264 || + 066 || Daedo-The-Mofo
3) 5276 || + 056 || Molotov

Obsessive paces from this lot.

9) 1116 || + 005 || Coop83

Kind of puts me in the dark :(

I decided to do the top ten reviewers like this, because I think it looks better. :3

Yeah, it does look good, but to keep them all in line, I'd suggest that you put 01) etc for your first 9 positions.

Thanks for the update, Dew :)

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
darknessdweller
darknessdweller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List Oct. 12th, 2008 @ 03:37 PM Reply