00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Top 100 Reviewers List

441,861 Views | 4,903 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 14:59:06

At 10/12/18 12:40 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Seems like my amounts suddenly dropped a bundle. Hope this is that recent bug thing awaiting fixing, not the permanent thing mentioned earlier...

At 10/12/18 09:59 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: I'd like to see more transparency about what Newgrounds is doing because I care a lot about the review system on this site. And I definitely want to see these new rules be applied equally.
Me too.

Yup, I've lost 30-something reviews. I think this might be the world's first triple bug. So let's recap. First some sort of bug made me lose 40 reviews, then added them back, then took the ones on deleted submissions away, then took another 30 off. Man, it's been a roller coaster. Also, I'm pretty sure I have never reviewed 30 submissions that ended up deleted.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 15:12:36

At 10/12/18 12:40 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Seems like my amounts suddenly dropped a bundle. Hope this is that recent bug thing awaiting fixing, not the permanent thing mentioned earlier...

This is the second bug involving reviews. It has removed many more than the first one. Everybody is feeling the pain with this one.

At 10/12/18 09:59 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: I'd like to see more transparency about what Newgrounds is doing because I care a lot about the review system on this site. And I definitely want to see these new rules be applied equally.

I have been saying this for years. Why is everything such a secret? The Staff and mods should let us know what is happening with everything, not just reviews.

When a review is removed you get a PM and sometimes a reason why. When a post is removed you get no notice and no reason why. A PM about when medals are removed and why would also be very informative.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 15:35:18

At 10/12/18 03:12 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is the second bug involving reviews. It has removed many more than the first one. Everybody is feeling the pain with this one.

Yeah this was massive. :|

When a review is removed you get a PM and sometimes a reason why...

Though not this time...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 15:41:57

At 10/12/18 02:59 PM, Thereviewtrickster wrote: Yup, I've lost 30-something reviews. I think this might be the world's first triple bug. So let's recap. First some sort of bug made me lose 40 reviews, then added them back, then took the ones on deleted submissions away, then took another 30 off. Man, it's been a roller coaster. Also, I'm pretty sure I have never reviewed 30 submissions that ended up deleted.

I just dropped over a thousand. :/ No idea how many deleted submissions I've reviewed but really hope it's not all of those.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 17:35:50

To explain a little further with what happened since yesterday - each of the people @TaintedLogic mentioned had not left a review or deleted any of their reviews since then. Those who had temporarily gotten their figure back had left recent reviews due to some fuzzy logic on my part. There's no singling out of users here, that's the common pattern. Expect things to be a little haywire for the next day or two.

As far as greater transparency - we're pretty transparent about the majority of changes across the site. We are, however, a ridiculously small team. Justifying each and every action or having to explain every bug or fix is just not feasible.

This particular issue is one that should have been dealt with years ago and events over the last year or so have forced our hand on it. We'd prefer not to have to remove content (or for authors to remove their own content) nor take your reviews with them, but there are circumstances in which we absolutely have to do both.

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 17:43:44

At 10/12/18 05:35 PM, liljim wrote: To explain a little further with what happened since yesterday - each of the people @TaintedLogic mentioned had not left a review or deleted any of their reviews since then. Those who had temporarily gotten their figure back had left recent reviews due to some fuzzy logic on my part. There's no singling out of users here, that's the common pattern. Expect things to be a little haywire for the next day or two.

Okay. Thanks again for the update. I appreciate all the hard work you guys do, and I'm sorry if I came off as bitter. Looking forward to seeing how these bugs get resolved over the next few days.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 19:03:20

At 10/12/18 05:43 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Okay. Thanks again for the update. I appreciate all the hard work you guys do, and I'm sorry if I came off as bitter.

You didn't! There's just no easy way of delivering bad news and I haven't really had much time to explain any of it anyway, being on the receiving end must be a kicker. Bottom line is that we'll never deliberately set out to annoy our user base.

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-12 19:37:56

ohmy

All is good As I enjoy reviewing This change is bound to happen over the years onlything that I can say is keep moving forward. thank you liljim for all the hard work you do

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-13 06:24:05

Hmm so it sounds like that was the permanent drop after all. :/ Oh well. Will keep at it of course, but unfortunate it has to be like this... hope the future might bring about some possible changes in how all this works. Law reforms. Copyright re-evaluations. Gonna take a while to catch up on this one...

Thanks for the insights again. Always appreciate 'em, as low on time as you guys are.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-13 18:01:07

At 10/13/18 06:24 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Hmm so it sounds like that was the permanent drop after all. :/ Oh well. Will keep at it of course, but unfortunate it has to be like this... hope the future might bring about some possible changes in how all this works. Law reforms. Copyright re-evaluations. Gonna take a while to catch up on this one...

I feel your pain will take a bit to catch up to the point where I was once, but its all good its the enjoyment of the review that keeps me going.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-15 00:54:07

At 10/11/18 02:11 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Woah. All of my recently-deleted reviews got reinstated again. What’s going on? Why hasn’t this happened to anyone else?

I lost 800 reviews. I wondered if it's because some of them are on submissions that were removed by the moderation team, from deleted submissions, or from projects suspended by the author.

Either way if I can get them back, I'd like that. Some of those are reviews are quite nostalgic.

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-15 14:07:57

Hopefully this is a one time thing. I will not know what reviews I've lost.

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-15 14:40:58

Was wondering what happened to lose about 200-300 reviews...

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-16 23:31:16

Just found another user who deserves to be on this list: @Chuck-Ripper. I'm so glad I started paying attention to review totals when I look at people's pages. XD

BBS Signature

At 10/13/18 06:01 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I feel your pain will take a bit to catch up to the point where I was once, but its all good its the enjoyment of the review that keeps me going.

Thanks, yeah... you lost quite a few too didn't you? Considering you just climbed past 30K it's over two thousand innit? Looking at the last update (and I haven't written all that much since then) it seems we dropped about the same... big enough total each to qualify for the Top 40 in itself...

At 10/16/18 11:31 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Just found another user who deserves to be on this list: @Chuck-Ripper. I'm so glad I started paying attention to review totals when I look at people's pages. XD

Nice find. :) Gets me wondering how you do stumble upon a page like this? Looking at common reviewer names? Since there's little else there that'd lead there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 12:12:54

At 10/17/18 06:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Nice find. :) Gets me wondering how you do stumble upon a page like this? Looking at common reviewer names? Since there's little else there that'd lead there.

Sometimes I do go actively looking for avid reviewers, but usually it's just a coincidence. In this case, Chuck had reacted to a review that I wrote, so I checked out his page of curiosity.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 14:35:12

Losing all of those reviews forever is a tragedy. Not sure how the review list will be effected?
RIP all my old fallen reviews.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 15:12:35

At 10/17/18 12:12 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Sometimes I do go actively looking for avid reviewers, but usually it's just a coincidence. In this case, Chuck had reacted to a review that I wrote, so I checked out his page of curiosity.

Ah, yeah I do curiosity click some of those names too. :D Getting introduced to less self-announcing users did get a lot easier with this particular feature, come to think of it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 15:13:10

At 10/17/18 02:35 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Losing all of those reviews forever is a tragedy. Not sure how the review list will be effected?

Any idea how many you lost?

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 15:19:36

At 10/17/18 06:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Thanks, yeah... you lost quite a few too didn't you? Considering you just climbed past 30K it's over two thousand innit? Looking at the last update (and I haven't written all that much since then) it seems we dropped about the same... big enough total each to qualify for the Top 40 in itself...

Yes indeed nothing one can really do but keep moving forward things like this are bound to happen especially when the site makes update changes like this, so my outlook on it is just gotta move forward as always.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

At 10/17/18 03:19 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yes indeed nothing one can really do but keep moving forward things like this are bound to happen especially when the site makes update changes like this, so my outlook on it is just gotta move forward as always.

Not even counting the numbers huh. :) Yeah, maybe that's the best way. Similar things have happened in the past when certain users deleted all their content too, though it's so much more tolerable in smaller doses. Well, moving on...

Just counting losses and adding them to my compiled mental statshot first...

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 16:09:33

At 10/17/18 03:34 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Not even counting the numbers huh. :) Yeah, maybe that's the best way. Similar things have happened in the past when certain users deleted all their content too, though it's so much more tolerable in smaller doses. Well, moving on...

Just counting losses and adding them to my compiled mental statshot first...

oh I do have exact numbers actually I have my own numbers I keep track of for the record for me my loss came to

3,293 lost reviews

:)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 17:23:41

At 10/17/18 04:09 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: oh I do have exact numbers actually I have my own numbers I keep track of for the record for me my loss came to

3,293 lost reviews

)

Ah man, I wasn't as close as I thought I was after all! My count on this one: 2,630.

More or less. Depending on how many I wrote on the days before the two NG Stats captures when the counts plummeted...

Also good to know. These stats gotta be documented. :)

BBS Signature

At 10/17/18 03:13 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 10/17/18 02:35 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Losing all of those reviews forever is a tragedy. Not sure how the review list will be effected?
Any idea how many you lost?

Yes, I lost a total of 880 reviews. That is more than most reviewers will ever make in a lifetime. It is definitely a hard pill to swallow.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 17:29:21

At 10/17/18 05:27 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Yes, I lost a total of 850 reviews. That is more than most reviewers will ever make in a lifetime. It is definitely a hard pill to swallow.

Oh man, yeah that's quite a bit too! Really seems the more you had the more you lost... top reviewers bound to all have dropped quite a lot on the next update...

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 17:31:52

At 10/17/18 05:29 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 10/17/18 05:27 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Yes, I lost a total of 880 reviews. That is more than most reviewers will ever make in a lifetime. It is definitely a hard pill to swallow.
Oh man, yeah that's quite a bit too! Really seems the more you had the more you lost... top reviewers bound to all have dropped quite a lot on the next update...

I agree it is a large amount to lose. Yes, the more active you were the more you were punished. The next update should look crazy with so many numbers dropped. So much pain has been spread around in this tragedy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 17:59:09

At 10/17/18 05:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I agree it is a large amount to lose. Yes, the more active you were the more you were punished. The next update should look crazy with so many numbers dropped. So much pain has been spread around in this tragedy.

Indeed. I'm a bit curious if those who haven't reviewed anything recently will have lost reviews as well, considering liljim mentioned earlier that drop went through only then. Maybe that's part of the bug now fixed though. Either way going to be an interesting update...

And a depressing one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-17 23:59:44

At 10/17/18 05:29 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Really seems the more you had the more you lost...

I also think that the newer community members have lost a lesser percentage of reviews. Makes sense because the likelihood that a submission is deleted increases with its time spent on the site, especially when creators leave the site and delete all their submissions in the process.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-18 00:52:00

At 10/16/18 11:31 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Just found another user who deserves to be on this list: @Chuck-Ripper. I'm so glad I started paying attention to review totals when I look at people's pages. XD

I thought KWAS was a bad reviewer. I guess quantity over quality, I am guilty too but this is something else.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-10-18 01:22:28

At 10/18/18 12:52 AM, iscrulz wrote:
I thought KWAS was a bad reviewer. I guess quantity over quality, I am guilty too but this is something else.

Right? With a name like Chuck-Ripper you'd think he was a bit more thoughtful than "5 stars, awesome, cute :3, nice". There you go, that's about five reviews of his in one place. Also who's KWAS?

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature