00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Top 100 Reviewers List

442,514 Views | 4,903 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-14 15:06:20

At 12/14/17 02:13 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/13/17 04:42 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It is true, that we all excel in different areas. I think that is why the three of us work so well together. Common respect and understanding.
Well worded. :)

Thank you. There is nothing worse than somebody trying to boss you around and hiding behind an empty position.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-15 05:24:57

At 12/14/17 02:59 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yes especially if its a big game with lots of medals just like to give some type of insight instead of just some lines but I been lazy too as we all have, I will do this for a movie too like big movies with lots going on then ill watch it a few times to get somewhat of a deeper review.

Ah right, yeah in those cases I usually collect the medals before the review, unless I give up, in which case better prepare for a not all that positive ramble on why I didn't complete it. XD Even with movies huh, that's great though, I feel like I don't have the patience these days to watch most ones more than once, but exceptions do occur...

At 12/14/17 03:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Thank you. There is nothing worse than somebody trying to boss you around and hiding behind an empty position.

Like politicians... like unfortunately pretty much every government in the world! Indeed.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

At 12/15/17 05:27 AM, NekoMika wrote: Interesting how you have been the #1 Art Reviewer for such a long time. Remember when TheShadman used to have the most when the Top 100 Art Reviewers list was an active list? Time sure has flown over 7 years.

Oh wow, I'm the #1?! Whenever did I take that place... feels like I have some vague recollection of that but had forgotten I'd actually claimed that particular throne. I remember being #1 in Audio before Art, when it was still new and reviews just started getting counted (and I'd been thinking ahead, haha!) but alas that just seems like a harder form to review. So all more props on that. Thanks for this cheerful artful reviewfueling reminder though! :D

Yeah it sure has... back when we had separate lists for all these review forms too! His being so active with the community then makes me all the bigger a fan now too. And he still jumped in on Robot Day this year, was pretty surprised!

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-15 11:09:23

At 12/15/17 10:40 AM, NekoMika wrote: I imagine it was sometime in 2013 or 2014 because when the Top 100 Art Reviews was active for the short time it was, I just barely popped up onto that list before it became inactive and was eventually absorbed into this thread. I recall when we had Top 100 Art, Audio, and Review Response threads, been so long. :(

Ah, good to know, really has been a long time then. Yeah those review responses in particular would be nice to have back... I'm thinking I might rank pretty high there. Maybe higher than on this one. :O

I forgot who inspired me to get into reviewing but being part of the Review Request Club for almost 6-7 years helped me learn vastly how to write very helpful reviews when I get down to it.

Yeah that too. I would've probably been a devout member there though if it wasn't for the requirement on continual activity, bit dismotivating falling off the rankings every summer as it is. Such a great group to have around though! As for me, I'm pretty sure it was this list that got me started, and most probably X, and the lure of that #1 spot. :) Pretty crazy that soon fifteen years later that hierarchy hasn't changed at all. The gap's just grown a whole lot smaller... and bigger, between the top of the list and the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-15 14:12:28

At 12/15/17 05:24 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/14/17 03:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Thank you. There is nothing worse than somebody trying to boss you around and hiding behind an empty position.
Like politicians... like unfortunately pretty much every government in the world! Indeed.

At least, politicians have to get elected and can only serve for a few years. Writing reviews should be fun, and not a stressful situation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-17 02:36:37

Speaking on who inspired

I have always enjoyed writing my spelling is not something good but there have been somany that have inspired me to write more or keep going. Back when it all started there was mi4 or green vein gfox. And somany after them

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-17 08:31:32

At 12/15/17 02:12 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: At least, politicians have to get elected and can only serve for a few years. Writing reviews should be fun, and not a stressful situation.

So true. :)

At 12/17/17 02:36 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I have always enjoyed writing my spelling is not something good but there have been somany that have inspired me to write more or keep going. Back when it all started there was mi4 or green vein gfox. And somany after them

Yeah I remember them too. RyanAn was another one. Cool to see GFox in particular still popping up in the community from time to time. True; eternal role models there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-17 14:20:50

At 12/17/17 02:36 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Speaking on who inspired

I have always enjoyed writing my spelling is not something good but there have been somany that have inspired me to write more or keep going. Back when it all started there was mi4 or green vein gfox. And somany after them

~X~

There are been some great reviewers back in the day, there were also great review mods. Sadly, things are not like that anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-17 16:45:10

At 12/17/17 02:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: There are been some great reviewers back in the day, there were also great review mods. Sadly, things are not like that anymore.

Yes I don't really know the new ones of these days but the ones back then were cool, go even farther back and there was none at all lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

At 12/17/17 04:45 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/17/17 02:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: There are been some great reviewers back in the day, there were also great review mods. Sadly, things are not like that anymore.
Yes I don't really know the new ones of these days but the ones back then were cool, go even farther back and there was none at all lol

~X~

There are not as many reviewers these days. Between stricter rules and reviews vanishing, it can really turn users off from reviewing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-17 17:12:53

At 12/17/17 04:58 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/17/17 04:45 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/17/17 02:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

~X~
There are not as many reviewers these days. Between stricter rules and reviews vanishing, it can really turn users off from reviewing.

We just need more motivation thats all

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-18 08:52:34

At 12/17/17 09:24 AM, NekoMika wrote: I can see why it stopped being updated though. Mainly in that if one gets review responses or not depended on how reviews were written and if an author felt like responding among other things. I can imagine a user or two had harassed authors at some point to respond which was probably an eye rolling kind of day. :o

Ah right, yeah, that makes sense. Didn't think there any particular reason for it, just that activity waned with time and less and less lists kept enough interest for someone to maintain them... but if that is indeed the case maybe it wouldn't be that great to bring it back. I felt like the overall number of responses was a pretty good reflection of how good a reviewer you were, though, so being at the top of a list like that would be like the ultimate recognition. :)

I recall running the club for almost a full year despite not really being active in it myself before I just stopped running it altogether and let a fellow club member take over running it. I know once I reach review rank #7 the gaps between you and the other 5 is going to be incredibly long and probably take months if not a year or so to reach up and over. >.<

Mmm I need to stop by a bit more, don't even know who's running the show right now... yeah, closing in on those top spots felt a bit disillusioning at first. :) But before you know it you´ve climbed past that barrier! The more people on the top the less big a gap it´ll be too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-18 09:00:47

At 12/17/17 05:12 PM, Wegra wrote: We just need more motivation thats all

That is true! More motivation and more time, though more motivation = way more time available.

BBS Signature

At 12/18/17 09:28 PM, NekoMika wrote: I imagine the gaps will be quite long still for a good while unless more people became active reviewers. I hope more reviewers in the future also means a more active and growing community. I hope to see that day again. :)

Probably. :) Hope to see a new Golden Age for the reviewing craft some day too! The amounts on most of this list are still surprisingly low/similar... should make for easy gains and motivations if people do start jumping aboard.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-19 21:09:34

I remember when this all started it was very active and the lists made it that much better. And have seen all the phases of reviewers come and go. Somany memories and late nights reviewing. Would be nice to see that again

PS this is not a double post lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

At 12/19/17 09:09 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I remember when this all started it was very active and the lists made it that much better. And have seen all the phases of reviewers come and go. Somany memories and late nights reviewing. Would be nice to see that again

Sometimes it was more like no nights at all. XD Just reviewing 24/7. The pace back then was crazy sometimes, but that was part of the fun too. A real race for reviews.

PS this is not a double post lol

Lots of memories! :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-20 18:06:00

At 12/20/17 06:19 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Sometimes it was more like no nights at all. XD Just reviewing 24/7. The pace back then was crazy sometimes, but that was part of the fun too. A real race for reviews.

I will have to say Kwaz and hammyJammy Ryanan were my biggest battle racers but there was a few others cant think of there names, one or two of these people only wrote one line crap because that's how they kept up, but it was still some good memories.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-21 04:37:16

At 12/20/17 06:19 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Sometimes it was more like no nights at all. XD Just reviewing 24/7. The pace back then was crazy sometimes, but that was part of the fun too. A real race for reviews.

heres an old post by another user I was searching thru my posts for my old icon image still am so if you see it let me know but I found this old post from 2005 the gap was close the war was real lol.

============

At 6/8/05 05:13 AM, Dream_of_Duke wrote:

YoinkS-VineS: 4000 reviews. (mmm...I havn't seen MARCUS for a while, it is going to be a review war between you two.)
Maybe when marcus gets back, but there is an even better war between these two...
1. XwaunecoltX 10,615
2. KWAS71KCK 9,493
Im taking the upper hand on this one though...
============

Kinda funny

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-21 05:45:49

At 12/20/17 06:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: hammyJammy Ryanan

hammyJammy Ryanan? Or two different users? Name change?

At 12/21/17 04:37 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: 1. XwaunecoltX 10,615
2. KWAS71KCK 9,493

Yeah I remember when KWAS was closing in there. :) For a while it seemed like he might really take over... until he just stopped. I seem to remember something about a permaban? After that one race the gaps between you two and the rest of us was just insane.

Also did find that icon, note in newspost.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-21 06:01:30

At 12/21/17 05:45 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: hammyJammy Ryanan? Or two different users? Name change?

No those were two different users.

Yeah I remember when KWAS was closing in there. :) For a while it seemed like he might really take over... until he just stopped. I seem to remember something about a permaban? After that one race the gaps between you two and the rest of us was just insane.

Yeah some crazy times.

Also did find that icon, note in newspost.

I was looking for the FACE but i think im gonna go with this one of jack its simular and kinda more modern now, I believe quisty probably has that old profile pic im looking for, unless she deleted all my stuff out of anger lol, im sure she has a copy though.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-21 07:15:59

At 12/21/17 06:01 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: No those were two different users.

Is hammyJammy still around though? Can't seem to find any references now.

I was looking for the FACE but i think im gonna go with this one of jack its simular and kinda more modern now, I believe quisty probably has that old profile pic im looking for, unless she deleted all my stuff out of anger lol, im sure she has a copy though.

Sounds good. :) Hope you find the old one too too, for the nostalgia!

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-21 10:07:25

At 12/21/17 08:51 AM, Quisty wrote: Interesting choice currently. I'm not surprised as it is easy to be cruel to me. I am terrified of Jack but you know this.

I never knew this but I always been a fan of jack hes just like my pro-pic

Yes...I have it. One of them anyway. This one is the higher resolution one.

Thank you

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-30 02:40:49

At 12/21/17 12:27 PM, Quisty wrote: No problem. You cant be X, a review master, without your icon. It is part of your image for so long. People see that and go...oh that review guy cool.

Wayne needs his X. It gives him the power to keep posting and stay strong. You have to respect the X.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-30 11:44:01

At 12/29/17 07:10 PM, NekoMika wrote: I guess I am reaching #7 in 2018. Has taken almost a year and a half but finally getting there.

So close now! After that though... I guess it'll be a while. XD That gap's like a barricade between a select few and the rest, wonder if it'll ever be bridged by a bigger group...

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-31 06:09:51

At 12/30/17 08:02 PM, NekoMika wrote: I doubt it. The gap among the top 5 seems to grow sans for KWANS1TICK who left after a temporary review ban at some point apparently. He had been shitposting to pad his review count and the mods got sick of it at the time and banned him for a month I think.

What we really need is a new review movement, something to open up the floodgates again like in the good old days! :D Ah, I thought I recalled it being a ban that kept him away, though wasn't sure if it was a permanent one or no. Good knowing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-31 22:30:18

At 12/30/17 11:44 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: That gap's like a barricade between a select few and the rest, wonder if it'll ever be bridged by a bigger group...

Reviews have always been left to a small select group. It can be tough for a newcomer to break into the established ranks.

BBS Signature

I keep popping in thread expecting another notification from @Auz with the next update. We're due in a couple days or so, I imagine... right?! Unless I forgot what month it was again or something.

Also, @CyberDevil, a new review movement sounds like a plan. But what to review is the question.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

At 1/2/18 05:06 AM, ADR3-N wrote: I keep popping in thread expecting another notification from @Auz with the next update. We're due in a couple days or so, I imagine... right?! Unless I forgot what month it was again or something.

Does seem like the time might be some time around this time, if there's time for an update... looking forward to whenever that time comes!

Also, @CyberDevil, a new review movement sounds like a plan. But what to review is the question.

Everything! :D If everyone could just join in on that one simple ambition...

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2018-01-02 07:05:53

At 1/2/18 05:54 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Everything! :D If everyone could just join in on that one simple ambition...

If you start a club, I'll join it. :P

But it has to be better than the Review Request Club. Or the review for review thread. Those have fallen into disuse, probably because not everyone has things that need reviewed. Who knows, maybe we could make it like some kind of book club... but for NG submissions.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

At 1/2/18 07:05 AM, ADR3-N wrote: If you start a club, I'll join it. :P

Good to know. :) Though time required to run a club hmm... might not have enough!

But it has to be better than the Review Request Club. Or the review for review thread. Those have fallen into disuse, probably because not everyone has things that need reviewed. Who knows, maybe we could make it like some kind of book club... but for NG submissions.

I really like the idea behind the Review Request Club though. I feel like I would have been/would be much more active there if only your stats didn't get purged after a certain period of inactivity. I'm always away a couple months each summer, and having to start over every time I get back... not all that motivating. Curious if that's something that keeps more people away, or if it really has just grown old and outdated. The main idea's good. People still want reviews more than ever. Maybe just too much rule work, and too little marketing these days...

As for the review for review thread I didn't know about that one! :O In Audio huh, explains my lack of awareness (not that I don't like audio I'm just rarely ever in that forum)... seems to still be pretty active too...

Hmm book club, thoughts on how that'd work? Like the RRC with a certain selection of special review picks each week/month?

BBS Signature