At 10/15/02 08:13 AM, SoulRifter wrote:
Yeah that'd probably be a better idea. Oh well, sorry for complaining Wade, but I still have problems with this system.
Bitch and moan all you want, the new system is better. If you don't think so look at the TOP 50 most recent! Today I checked and even movies that are in the TOP 10 most recent have 20-40 votes or more already! That's a HUGE improvement. It's because people aren't holding back their votes and are voting more freely. This is in NG's best interest. We can't change the system to make a couple people happy so they can spell "1337" GET REAL! Uhg! You make me so f'ing angry. Don't you see how selfish you are being? Jesus.
The new system will stay as it is. However we are working on a seperate little ranking system to reflect how many total points you have. (BLAM+PROTECTION). So those who had 1337 Blams will start at the 1337+ rank level, where most people are no where near that yet. If they weren't silly and didn't stay at 1337, they could have had an even bigger head start.
Blamming isn't a skill. Anyone can do it that wants to take the time. Your patience and skill is what was screwing up the system. If you can't see that having 20-30 people sitting there holding back their vote and letting a movie sit at 15-23 votes until it goes off the TOP 50 list isn't a problem then you are an f'ing idiot. The system is working MUCH MUCH MUCH better now. Look at how colorful the TOP 50 list is! It's because the crap is being removed faster, and good movies are getting more votes and reaching a level where they are assigned a color code faster.
Also the point of the BLAM club is to gang up on crap movies to help get them out of the portal faster. Why should 90% of the BLAM club members vote 0 only to have some other 10% of pricks hold back until they can get a BLAM? Why shouldn't they all be rewarded for their efforts?
What you must realize is that less than 1% of our daily traffic actually goes through the TOP 50 list and helps filter it. The other 99% of the people are looking at movies that already have over 100 votes, like the movies on the front page or in our featured sections.
So we want to reward the less than 1% of the people who help filter through the new submissions.
If someone votes on 5 movies a day, deposits and leaves, and another person votes on 50 movie a day, the both would have the same experience points! Now the person who puts in the over time gets rewarded and has something to show for it.
We aren't going to give anyone a special point for being the vote that triggers the check point, as that would bring us back to the same problem. So if you want to have an impressive BLAM count, instead of having 500 BLAMS compared to most people's 10-20, now you can go for 15,000 BLAMS and 20,000 PROTECTION points, or whatever.