• 67 Replies
Dead-Man-Inc
Dead-Man-Inc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-08-25 20:23:01

AC/DC were a great band in their time and back then they wouldn't have sucked. But now the world has moved on and AC/DC are old.

RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-08-25 21:11:40

AC/DC wil never die. Quite possibly the best warm up music ever i might add

just you wait

HDG
HDG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-08-26 00:02:42

At 8/25/05 05:16 AM, mistasmijen wrote:
oh yeah, they suck

well, i'm not replying to this person specifically, but anyway, saying they suck is really just. well, i don't know. everyone has their opinions. but my point is that alone, the musicians aren't all that great, but AC/DC as a whole is undoubtably a great band. i certainly wouldn't say Angus or Malcom were really great guitarists, but what they did turned out great. kind of like Slayer. Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman are really not that good... at all. but Slayer, in the end, is still an awesome band. i'm not sure how to explain it, but i still like listening to Slayer and AC/DC, just not the same way i listen to bands like Pantera and Judas Priest. the band members alone are notably amazing players in their own right. anyway that's my opinion on this whole thing.

HDG
HDG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-08-26 00:04:54

At 8/25/05 09:11 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: AC/DC wil never die. Quite possibly the best warm up music ever i might add

i second that. my band and i often play something like Back In Black. something simple and straight forward to get you started.

daamazinasian123
daamazinasian123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-14 18:51:15

ac/dc fucking sucks.. they're a shitty simple rock n' roll band with a singer who has a fucking lousy voice. Half of their discography is shit and they're still shit today. They're overrated and AC/DC fans are very close minded people. Their new album will have four songs that have the word rock in it.. three songs will have balls in it.. and one song will just chant the title track.. AC/DC basically uses the same song structure for every song and even the band admits to being simple. The band shows no evolution as they stayed simple for over 30 years. Oh God even The Rolling Stones can release an album today (A Bigger Bang) that is still good unlike AC/DC.. Oh noes.. Oh yeah the only reason why people accept AC/DC as a good band is because they're a classic rock band.. or because angus is a good guitar player.. sorry dude but a good guitar player isn't enough to make one a good band.. Now I want to see someone actually argue with these points. If you just flame me and not argue back then your post is void and I win. Listen to these artists who are experimental and show evolution and aren't fucking bland like those generic bastards AC/DC..

The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Mars Volta
The White Stripes
Pearl Jam
Beck
The Blood Brothers
Bob Dylan
Bob Marley
Iron Maiden
The Clash
The Cure
Deep Purple
The Doors
Dream Theater
Tool
Gorillaz
Radiohead
Muse
Neutral Milk Hotel
Oasis
Opeth
The Police
Porcupine Tree
Queen
Queens Of The Stone Age
Rage Against The Machine
Soundgarden
Rush
Van Halen
The Who

repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-14 20:58:29

At 10/14/05 06:51 PM, daamazinasian123 wrote: crap

What do you think musicians do? Musicians copy off other peoples styles untill they find their own. Besides Ac/Dc doesn't suck Angus is one of the best guitar players of his time.

axeman666
axeman666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-14 21:14:11

ACDC SUCK???? WTF!!!!!!!!????????

ACDC is one of the most kick-ass bands ever! Mouthin' off about ACDC is practically mouthin' off about everything rock 'n' roll stands for! Sure the singer has a "strange" voice, and maybe they are just a couple of tards in tight pants...but that's what makes them so f***ing awesome! The fact that theyre just a bunch of average joes AND can rock peoples balls off for 30 years makes them an incredible rock entity!

Then again, people have thier own opinions. If you think ACDC sucks, your entitled to that opinon. Besides, its your loss not mine. \m/

axeman666
axeman666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-14 21:17:01

At 10/14/05 06:51 PM, daamazinasian123 wrote:
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Mars Volta
The White Stripes
Pearl Jam
Beck
The Blood Brothers
Bob Dylan
Bob Marley
Iron Maiden
The Clash
The Cure
Deep Purple
The Doors
Dream Theater
Tool
Gorillaz
Radiohead
Muse
Neutral Milk Hotel
Oasis
Opeth
The Police
Porcupine Tree
Queen
Queens Of The Stone Age
Rage Against The Machine
Soundgarden
Rush
Van Halen
The Who

Half those bands wouldnt exist if ACDC never came around.

daamazinasian123
daamazinasian123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-14 23:18:19

At 10/14/05 09:17 PM, axeman666 wrote:
At 10/14/05 06:51 PM, daamazinasian123 wrote:
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Mars Volta
The White Stripes
Pearl Jam
Beck
The Blood Brothers
Bob Dylan
Bob Marley
Iron Maiden
The Clash
The Cure
Deep Purple
The Doors
Dream Theater
Tool
Gorillaz
Radiohead
Muse
Neutral Milk Hotel
Oasis
Opeth
The Police
Porcupine Tree
Queen
Queens Of The Stone Age
Rage Against The Machine
Soundgarden
Rush
Van Halen
The Who
Half those bands wouldnt exist if ACDC never came around.

O RLY? how can you tell? AC/DC didn't revolutionize anything.. they were just a popular rock band.

daamazinasian123
daamazinasian123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-14 23:24:48

At 10/14/05 08:58 PM, -repent- wrote:
At 10/14/05 06:51 PM, daamazinasian123 wrote: crap
What do you think musicians do? Musicians copy off other peoples styles untill they find their own. Besides Ac/Dc doesn't suck Angus is one of the best guitar players of his time.

Hah like AC/DC has any style? Even Brian Johnson said that they kept it simple. The only style that I see from AC/DC is that they use the same song structure for many of their songs and they like to chant the title track on their chorus. Examples: highway to hell, stiff upper lip, hard as a rock, flick of the switch, for those about to rock we salute you, thunderstruck, high voltage, tnt.. i could go on forever.. and Angus is pretty overrated.. Malcolm is actually a better guitar player than Angus.. not only does he write the riffs but he can also play it better.. Malcolm doesn't want to play it though because he's lazy.. anyways even Angus and Malcolm can't save the band from mediocrity.. Don't agree? Look at their discography after Back In Black and you'll see what I mean.

repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-15 12:49:42

I know that Angus doesn't make the band and they do stay in the same just about all the time, but then so does Opeth, Iron Maiden, and a couple other I don't really feel like typing this morning. Now I'm not saying Ac/Dc is one of the best bands in the world, but they did bring a new style into rock. Oh and the cure sucks ass.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-15 13:53:26

adn rucklo goes all like WTF OMFG DIS IS A FAKKIN GENERAL FORUM THREAD, NOT BELONGING IN THE AF AT ALL NOW GET THE FUCK LOST ASDFASDFASDF.

hes quite the charmer, that rucklo.

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

daamazinasian123
daamazinasian123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-15 16:18:01

At 10/15/05 12:49 PM, -repent- wrote: I know that Angus doesn't make the band and they do stay in the same just about all the time, but then so does Opeth, Iron Maiden, and a couple other I don't really feel like typing this morning. Now I'm not saying Ac/Dc is one of the best bands in the world, but they did bring a new style into rock. Oh and the cure sucks ass.

Opeth does stay the same but they're very consistent.. I wish I could say the same for AC/DC. Iron Maiden weren't the same most of their career.. They were a punkish band in the beginning, a progressive like band later, they tried to go to a raw sound but failed at that, they were gothish for a short time, then they went back to their classic sound which fits them the most.
Oh and The Cure is awesome.. why don't you like them? Do you think they're pussies? They're one of those pop-punk bands who are actually good like The Ramones..

Laiderdaiv
Laiderdaiv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-16 02:39:59

Put it this way: They have talent. That's a fact.

Pyrostudios
Pyrostudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-18 22:03:13

um wow? ppl still look at this thing? lol aight........Weird ass dude who keeps dissing AC/DC.....HOW THE FUCK DO U KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THEM!? IF YOU H8 THEM!????!!!!

emxiaks
emxiaks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-18 22:07:57

Everyone has their own opinion on bands, like how I hate all Emo bands, some people "hate" or "dislike" AC/DC. I personally love AC/DC, but if you got a problem, that's nice. I mean, you can stick up for a band, but you shouldn't get pissed over one person not liking them. They've sold millions of albums with REAL music. Not some crappy ass fad music for 11 year olds. AC/DC has lived it's time, and then some.

If you like them, good for you.
If you don't, who cares?

Pyrostudios
Pyrostudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-18 22:14:33

ha i like ur atitude man....

emxiaks
emxiaks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-18 22:16:24

At 10/18/05 10:14 PM, Pyrostudios wrote: ha i like ur atitude man....

Ha, thanks dude.

daamazinasian123
daamazinasian123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-18 23:26:02

At 10/18/05 10:07 PM, emxiaks wrote: Everyone has their own opinion on bands, like how I hate all Emo bands, some people "hate" or "dislike" AC/DC. I personally love AC/DC, but if you got a problem, that's nice. I mean, you can stick up for a band, but you shouldn't get pissed over one person not liking them. They've sold millions of albums with REAL music. Not some crappy ass fad music for 11 year olds. AC/DC has lived it's time, and then some.

If you like them, good for you.
If you don't, who cares?

Dude you so contradicted your self.. You may not have noticed this but AC/DC right now is just another classic rock fad just like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd... and what exactly is real music? Please elaborate..

emxiaks
emxiaks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-19 07:17:52

AC/DC wasn't a fad, and neither is Pink Floyd, its been over 20 years, and tons of people still listen to them. And when they first came out, they weren't popular. Alot of people hated them, thought they were satanists and all that crap. Lol, they said AC/DC meant Anti Christ/Devils Child lmfao.

And real music, music that requires a decent amount of talent, or at least has a point to the songs other then like, "My girlfriend broke up with me, I hope she dies" or "Yo, lemme tap that ghetto ass girl."

Songs that actually talk about something that is occuring around the world, or where ever. Not some stupid fags and how said they are about their girlfriends.

T7online
T7online
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-19 09:21:33

At 10/15/05 01:53 PM, Rucklo wrote: adn rucklo goes all like WTF OMFG DIS IS A FAKKIN GENERAL FORUM THREAD, NOT BELONGING IN THE AF AT ALL NOW GET THE FUCK LOST ASDFASDFASDF.
hes quite the charmer, that rucklo.

lol^^

I HAS MYSPACES
__^^ check it ^^__

Grant
Grant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-19 10:31:46

At 8/24/05 11:22 AM, Pyrostudios wrote: I am like WTF!!!!!! he obviously has no taste in music.........my question here is who thinks AC/DC sux???!?!??!?!?!?

I think AC/DC sux, because they made annoying music!

emxiaks
emxiaks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-19 11:48:16

Oh yeah, and most people who wear the merchandise don't listen to them, they just wear it to be "cool"

daamazinasian123
daamazinasian123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-19 15:45:03

At 10/19/05 07:17 AM, emxiaks wrote: AC/DC wasn't a fad, and neither is Pink Floyd, its been over 20 years, and tons of people still listen to them. And when they first came out, they weren't popular. Alot of people hated them, thought they were satanists and all that crap. Lol, they said AC/DC meant Anti Christ/Devils Child lmfao.

And real music, music that requires a decent amount of talent, or at least has a point to the songs other then like, "My girlfriend broke up with me, I hope she dies" or "Yo, lemme tap that ghetto ass girl."

Songs that actually talk about something that is occuring around the world, or where ever. Not some stupid fags and how said they are about their girlfriends.

AC/DC wasn't a fad? Pink Floyd wasn't a fad? 3 years ago no teenagers listened to classic rock.... Today I see 15 year old fuckers with brown hair that owns a Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, or AC/DC shirt...
And like AC/DC has any point to their songs? Only thing I see are songs about balls, fucking women, and too many rock n' roll anthems.

emxiaks
emxiaks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-19 18:08:56

Please, those little shits don't listen to them. You think AC/DC one day just said "LETS GET LITTLE KIDS INTO OUR CLOTHING"

Yeah, some of their songs are stupid, but at least it has talent in it.

daamazinasian123
daamazinasian123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2005-10-20 15:58:43

At 10/19/05 06:08 PM, emxiaks wrote: Please, those little shits don't listen to them. You think AC/DC one day just said "LETS GET LITTLE KIDS INTO OUR CLOTHING"

Yeah, some of their songs are stupid, but at least it has talent in it.

That has got to be one of the worst examples ever. Of course AC/DC doesn't fucking go "LETS GET LITTLE KIDS INTO OUR CLOTHING".. The actual band doesn't have to start the fad.. and the little shits that don't listen to AC/DC makes it even more of a fad.. and talent isn't enough to make good music.. it takes many things such as originality, innovation, evolution, experimentation etc.. AC/DC hasn't done any of that stuff in the last 30 years.. They started as a simple rock n' roll band and they stayed that way their entire career... That's why they're mediocre.. Just listen to the albums Stiff Upper Lip or Ballbreaker..

noobsalad41
noobsalad41
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2008-04-10 23:11:03

AC/DC is good if you listen to them for what they are; a pop-rock band focused on selling as many albums as possible. Similer to glam, but without the makeup. They play 3 chords that will be successfull. Bands like Pink Floyd tried new things; Iron Maiden stuck to their metal roots (once they found them) and didn't sell-out. But AC/DC should be listened to if you want a catchy melody, not lyrical or musical sophistication. You can't compare AC/DC to Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin or Iron Maiden because they set out to do 2 different things

Soundgasm
Soundgasm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2008-04-10 23:23:27

At 8/24/05 11:22 AM, Pyrostudios wrote: so get this the other day at football practice i had my headphones on listening to AC/DC right? So this guy comes up to me and asks wat i am listening to....i say AC/DC and he says oh they SUCK!
I am like WTF!!!!!! he obviously has no taste in music.........my question here is who thinks AC/DC sux???!?!??!?!?!?

I dislike them.

kaptainkewl
kaptainkewl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2008-04-10 23:51:37

Old or not I think I'd still hate them, I cringe anytime I hear Brian Johnson from back in Black. I used to like them, but after a few listns it just gets annoying, after a few more it's downright digusting. I've heard better music from australia in the form of wolfmother, let alone ACDC. Good guitar, no voice.

Kor-Rune
Kor-Rune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Does Ac/dc Suck??? 2008-04-11 01:23:47

Opinion battle everyone!

Some people like ACDC, and some people don't. Can't you all just deal with that? Good grief.

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature