Be a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

  • 2,019,242 Views
  • 90,939 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
reverend
reverend
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 12/31/12 09:37 AM, NewsReporter wrote: Why? 2012 was the greatest year Britain has seen in ages.

Exactly. The Olympics, Queen's Jubliee, Skyfall, umm England's Euro team, err Boris Johnson...

Anyways Happy New Year's Wi/Hters!


Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 08:16 AM Reply

Happy New Year LUL!

Hope you all had a good time last night. I certainly had.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 09:21 AM Reply

Happy new year, me and my friends went on skype(we're so cool) for new years party, we all went on webcam and recorded the full thing on twitch.tv, I popped a balloon so you know it was fun. After the party was done, I drank my drinks really fast and now I feel like shittttt.

Congrats to:
NewsReporter: Level 42
SmashLuigiFan1: Lieutenant, 8.00 VP

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 09:32 AM Reply

Looks like I can celebrate 2013 with an achievement:

Top 90 Experienced

Happy New Year, all.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 10:37 AM Reply

Happy 2013 to all! Despite a very rough moment with the party I was at, I enjoyed myself overall. Stayed up so late I was actually able to get back home at 9 in the morning all the way from Liverpool. I'm still glad I celebrated the new year with my friends and would like to see us having a great time like that again but the end of 2013 is a long way off. For now, January is looking to be a good month. Some good metal releases and of course, the London meet. That's a good way to kick off the new year.

Thanks to:

Odyssic

At 1/1/13 09:21 AM, Odyssic wrote: Happy new year, me and my friends went on skype(we're so cool) for new years party, we all went on webcam and recorded the full thing on twitch.tv, I popped a balloon so you know it was fun. After the party was done, I drank my drinks really fast and now I feel like shittttt.

I had various drinks last night. Had myself drinking Jack Daniel's and vodka shots (as part of our drinking games) as well as some Stella.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 12:11 PM Reply

Congratulations To:

SmashLuigiFan1: Lieutenant, 8.00 total vp
Coop: Top 90 in exp.

At 1/1/13 10:37 AM, Bahamut wrote: I had various drinks last night. Had myself drinking Jack Daniel's and vodka shots (as part of our drinking games) as well as some Stella.

I remained totally sober last night and still failed to notice it was 2013 until 12:07 AM. lol


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Base Voting Power : 8


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 12/31/12 09:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: There is never anything good that comes out of bullying. If it's left ignored, things will only get much worse. That was the cause of some school shootings in the past and while this may not be the case for every country, it only just shows.

Yeah, we had a few of those cases in Germany. And what do people do? Blame fucking VIDEOGAMES...

I also will never understand why parents care so much about the haircut of their children. Especially when they are in their 20's already. >_>
My dad is a piece of shit fascist, that's why.

Well, I can't really argue about that, since I don't know him. ^^

So if you need to get someone arrested, you must let them attack you and steal your possessions.
In the USA you can shoot someone if he just sets a foot on your land. And then you can say: "It was selfe denfese!".
I'd much rather take America's logic than Britain's logic for this any day of the week.

Yeah, but only in this case. :P

The media can keep talking about recession.
The media should just stop with the extrema. Either, something is "THE BEST EVER!!!!1111" or it's the "WORST THING EVER!!!!11111". There's only black and white and no grey.
But I like EXTREME!

I would much rather have a more balanced news coverage. In 2012 there was a lynch mob, because the media declared a young man as a rapist and killer of a little girl... the police could convice those people to go home. And in the end, the young man was innocent. This is just unbelievable.

There you have it. Humans suck!
In that one aspect. But I don't see any cultural achievements from dragons anywhere. TAKE THAT YOU PUNY DRAGON!
We breathe fire, we fly... What do you humans do again?

We kill your kind as we like. HA!

Shut up and get your own damn money!
I do. But I have to spend it on other things. I bought a floppy-emulator for my Amiga just the other day, haha. That thing really rules. It let's you put various amiga disks on an SD card and then you can load the games and programmes from there. WIN!
Well buddy, I may have to start saving up in the new year if I am in need of a new laptop. I've bought a cooling pad for it so if it still fails with gaming performance then I will have to look into getting a new laptop.

There you have it. I have to save up as well.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 07:29 PM Reply

Fro had a great New Years, and hopes everyone else did too while saying Congrats To:

Jolly: 6,000 Posts
LiquidFire: 25,000 B/P
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 79,000 B/P
DiMono: Supreme Commander, 11.11 Voting Power
LegolaSS: Level 49
NewsReporter: Level 42
SmashLuigiFan1: Lieutenant, 8 Voting Power
Coop: Top 90 in Experience
SCET3: 8 Base Voting Power

At 12/31/12 07:53 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 12/30/12 10:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Is not happy with how some members of my family treat me over certain thoughts.
I wonder what I would have done if I got bullied in school, I have changed as a person in the last 5 years so I think I would have actually took it sadly. I seriously hate when people get bullied, I would never stand for it now, I would fuck shit up if I found out one of my friends got bullied.

I was bullied when I was a child. Weighing in at about 90 pounds and going into 7th grade it wasn't a good thing. I had very few friends and I was an easy target to get picked on. I took it upon myself to make it end. I joined some sports teams and became dedicated to the weight room. I graduated my senior year weighing around 240 pounds, held almost all of the schools lifting records, was an all star athlete, and made tons of friends. I then remembered my roots, where I came from and made sure that I protected those who couldn't. I literally pulled kids off of other kids that were getting beat on or bullied in school, warned them, etc... I was friends with everyone and it really made a difference. Granted it was a small school, but you need people like that for things to get better.

Not everyone can, but if you're capable you have to take these things into your own hands. Expecting an adult or teacher to do this stuff for you is ignorant and lazy in most cases. Especially when there really isn't anything they can do.

At 12/31/12 05:44 AM, Haggard wrote:
I'm sorry to read about your divorce and the other stuff as well. So, I hope you can make it and it's definitely good to have you back.

Thanks, everything is good now though. It's good to be back!

At 12/31/12 05:32 AM, Coop wrote:

You'll get there - you have a decent showing of having some sort of long-term game plan.

I get to start the 12th officially. Next week I'm still working my old job, but get paid the new wage. That works for me just find. I get two weeks shadowing someone, then I'm set free by myself.


I have a nice one bedroom, one bath apartment, and a little car that if it holds up for a few years I may just make it.
I might need to get a new car, as the one I have is slightly thirsty - 50 mpg, when I know of cars out there that can do 80. To put it in refuelling terms, one tank a week becomes almost a tank a fortnight.

That's better than any car I've even heard of... Mine gets around 30 mpg and I only fill it up once every 2-3 weeks for $35.

That bookshelf is awesome by the way. I can't do anything to change the apartment like that because I'll lose my security deposit.
Yeah, but that's what my friends like about their landlady - they speak to her and she lets me do shit like that to her house - they like being long term tenants and she likes having long-term tenants. Keep everyone happy.

We passed up on a small house that would literally let us do anything as long as we asked, but it needed too much work to make really nice. It was livable, but we just wanted something move in ready with no work. Plus it was $100 cheaper a month and that money was all I was really worried about when I had such a poor job to start with.

Metal-Therapy - I quoted you, but I'm on my ipad and I accidentally x'd it out before I pasted it. :P Oh well...

I mentioned that I hated the Patriots with a passion, especially Tom Brady, the fragile childlike man. I'll have another miserable football season when the Patriots beat the Broncos in the playoffs. Eli on the other hand. Someone hit him too hard with the stupid stick.


BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Coop recovers from his first day back in the office, congratulating:
LegolaSS: Level 49
SmashLuigiFan1: Lieutenant; 8.00 Total Voting Power
SCTE3: 8.00 Base Voting Power

Thank you to:
Metal-Therapy
Fro

At 12/31/12 05:44 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/29/12 07:51 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/28/12 01:16 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/28/12 05:57 AM, Coop wrote: Because we genuinely don't know when he was born. Joseph was a clot and as a result, he lost the Birth Certificate. It could have been 3 weeks earlier, for all we know.
I thought it was some kind of mutual agreement that he was born on the 24th.
We don't know, so I think that this was where the churches came to agree on, thus it's when is celebrated, regardless of actual fact. Of course, he was probably black, for all we know :P
Yeah, it's highly unlikely that he looked as white as he's displayed on some pictures.

I think it was said about Michael Jackson being "similar" to Christ, but even as a hardcore fan of his, I'd not get drawn into that so easily.

At 12/31/12 09:28 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/31/12 05:32 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/30/12 10:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd much rather have asthma then eczema. I highly doubt I'll ever get rid of it so I'm stuck with it for the rest of my life.... Why am I still alive?
As far as I know, eczema is not a killer... Just irritating as fuck.
Maybe not a killer but it sure as hell doesn't make life enjoyable when its at its worse forms.

It prevented me from swimming as a kid and as an ex-girlfriend of mine had Psoriasis, which is similar, though an auto-immune condition, or so I understand.

At 12/31/12 01:43 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/31/12 05:32 AM, Coop wrote: I might need to get a new car, as the one I have is slightly thirsty - 50 mpg, when I know of cars out there that can do 80. To put it in refuelling terms, one tank a week becomes almost a tank a fortnight.
My car (a 12 year-old piece of shit) gets around 20 to 25 and I thought that was okay. I'm sure you drive more than I do, with your commute to work. 50 mpg is still pretty damn good, though.

You're in America, where gas is cheap and people never cared about having to drive hundreds of miles. Cars have never been designed to make even 60 mpg, where now there are certain cars on British roads that have been tested to 80+ mpg. I want to be able to do that.

I started thinking differently when I attended a few meets. Now people practically expect me to show up :P
*Is Jealous*

I'm going again on the 18th. London meet IX, if I recall.

Adding furniture helps to tone down the colour somewhat. Hence the canvas on the otherwise bare wall on the right of shot...
Yeah, I've noticed that, too. The furniture I bought ended up being a lot bigger than I anticipated, so I'm seeing a lot less of the walls now. (yay for buying furniture online without seeing it in the showroom first.) LOL

I bought some from IKEA and made the mistake of buying one wardrobe that was only one door, despite buying two doors for it...

I'm satisfied with a 32" flatscreen for the bedroom. Given that I'm hoping to move out soon, I'll have to get a bigger one for the living room :P
Definitely. We got a 46" in our living room, though it's like 8 years old at this point. With this new one I got in my room I can play games on my bed at the other side of the room and still feel like I'm close to the TV! It's probably the most TV I could manage in here without looking totally ridiculous. :P

I've seen these new OLED televisions that LG have just launched. Paper thin and energy efficient, the problem is the price of £6,300

At 1/1/13 12:46 AM, reverend wrote:
At 12/31/12 09:37 AM, NewsReporter wrote: Why? 2012 was the greatest year Britain has seen in ages.
Exactly. The Olympics, Queen's Jubliee, Skyfall, umm England's Euro team, err Boris Johnson...

Prince Charles reading the weather?

At 1/1/13 07:29 PM, Fro wrote:
At 12/31/12 05:32 AM, Coop wrote: You'll get there - you have a decent showing of having some sort of long-term game plan.
I get to start the 12th officially. Next week I'm still working my old job, but get paid the new wage. That works for me just find. I get two weeks shadowing someone, then I'm set free by myself.

I prefer making the move straight from one to the other, rather than having a week's break in between the two. I took a week off when I left the supermarket to start for the house builder, mainly because I'd been treated like shit and I was just a lazy bastard. Between the housing and now, I had three days, which got me sorted before Xmas with the new place.

I have a nice one bedroom, one bath apartment, and a little car that if it holds up for a few years I may just make it.
I might need to get a new car, as the one I have is slightly thirsty - 50 mpg, when I know of cars out there that can do 80. To put it in refuelling terms, one tank a week becomes almost a tank a fortnight.
That's better than any car I've even heard of... Mine gets around 30 mpg and I only fill it up once every 2-3 weeks for $35.

I've got a 10 gallon tank, that takes over 60 pounds to fill, let's call it $100 for argument's sake. That's about a quarter of my weekly wage on fuel.

Oh and a VW Passat has been tested to 84 mpg or 1,626 miles from one tank.

That bookshelf is awesome by the way. I can't do anything to change the apartment like that because I'll lose my security deposit.
Yeah, but that's what my friends like about their landlady - they speak to her and she lets me do shit like that to her house - they like being long term tenants and she likes having long-term tenants. Keep everyone happy.
We passed up on a small house that would literally let us do anything as long as we asked, but it needed too much work to make really nice. It was livable, but we just wanted something move in ready with no work. Plus it was $100 cheaper a month and that money was all I was really worried about when I had such a poor job to start with.

Yeah, I'd like something like that, but it's what is about when I get into the market.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:33 PM Reply

Congratulations To:

SCTE3: 8.00 base vp

At 1/1/13 07:29 PM, Fro wrote: Metal-Therapy - I quoted you, but I'm on my ipad and I accidentally x'd it out before I pasted it. :P Oh well...

Darn.

I mentioned that I hated the Patriots with a passion, especially Tom Brady, the fragile childlike man. I'll have another miserable football season when the Patriots beat the Broncos in the playoffs. Eli on the other hand. Someone hit him too hard with the stupid stick.

I suppose a team's going to have it's fair share of haters when they've been as dominate as the Patriots have, for as long as they have. I've been a Pats fan since the mid 90's, back in the days of Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe, so it's not like I jumped on the bandwagon yesterday or anything.
As far as the playoffs go, a Brady v Manning rematch is more than likely in the works. Should be quite the game, if it goes down that way.

At 1/2/13 04:23 PM, Coop wrote: You're in America, where gas is cheap and people never cared about having to drive hundreds of miles. Cars have never been designed to make even 60 mpg, where now there are certain cars on British roads that have been tested to 80+ mpg. I want to be able to do that.

Gas isn't cheap here, though I will admit it is way cheaper than the UK. I found this site and was appalled at what some countries are paying at the pump. Damn.

I'm going again on the 18th. London meet IX, if I recall.

Have a good time!

I bought some from IKEA and made the mistake of buying one wardrobe that was only one door, despite buying two doors for it...

I've never bought anything from IKEA, but I've heard some horror stories about assembly and such...

I've seen these new OLED televisions that LG have just launched. Paper thin and energy efficient, the problem is the price of Ã'£6,300

Damn, that's way too much for a TV. I remember when the flatscreens were new and super-expensive -I bought my new 37" for $300. lol I like staying one step behind the newest thing in electronics to keep price down, not to mention things change so fast anyway... :P


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Faggard
Faggard
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:09 PM Reply

Thanks for voting, Faggard! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have17,000 experience points.

~smooches~


BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:07 PM Reply

My external hard drive is operational again! Those cables shall last a very long so who knows how long the hard drive itself will live for but I'll only ever need something with more space than a capacity of 320 GB if I am getting really cramped on space but for the time being I have 124 GB of free space.

Listening to:

Devin Townsend - Terria. And now I can listen to the latest CDs I got post-Christmas.

At 1/1/13 12:11 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: I remained totally sober last night and still failed to notice it was 2013 until 12:07 AM. lol

We just sung The Final Countdown throughout the, well, countdown of the new year. We sang through it but it was worth it. From being alone in the streets at the very first second of 2012 to this for 2013, that's by far a huge improvement for my new year celebrations. Will definitely like to party with friends for the new year again. I just hope some douche of an ex-bouncer doesn't try to turn things sour next time. :P

At 1/1/13 06:55 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/31/12 09:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: There is never anything good that comes out of bullying. If it's left ignored, things will only get much worse. That was the cause of some school shootings in the past and while this may not be the case for every country, it only just shows.
Yeah, we had a few of those cases in Germany. And what do people do? Blame fucking VIDEOGAMES...

I heard about those problems. It's bad enough you get all that censorship bullshit over there.

My dad is a piece of shit fascist, that's why.
Well, I can't really argue about that, since I don't know him. ^^

And thankfully you don't. I just hope you don't have a dad that tries to tell you how you should look, act, etc. I only wonder how much I could take from him before I get to a point where a police officer/court case has to be considered.

I'd much rather take America's logic than Britain's logic for this any day of the week.
Yeah, but only in this case. :P

That is true. I don't want to think they're doing everything wrong, though as I can appreciate the whole place for what they brought.

But I like EXTREME!
I would much rather have a more balanced news coverage. In 2012 there was a lynch mob, because the media declared a young man as a rapist and killer of a little girl... the police could convice those people to go home. And in the end, the young man was innocent. This is just unbelievable.

If anything, 2011's news was more over the top but then again, shit like a tsunami in Japan and a riot in England happened so....

We breathe fire, we fly... What do you humans do again?
We kill your kind as we like. HA!

Number of dragons killed in the real world: 0

Well buddy, I may have to start saving up in the new year if I am in need of a new laptop. I've bought a cooling pad for it so if it still fails with gaming performance then I will have to look into getting a new laptop.
There you have it. I have to save up as well.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about getting a new laptop soon. The cooling pad puts all troubles with TF2 behind me. Still, it might help to look into funding a new one and make this an ongoing thing over the next two years since I feel by 2015 the laptop will be a bit behind the times so an upgrade with a brand new laptop would help.

At 1/1/13 07:29 PM, Fro wrote: Not everyone can, but if you're capable you have to take these things into your own hands. Expecting an adult or teacher to do this stuff for you is ignorant and lazy in most cases. Especially when there really isn't anything they can do.

It's not that it's lazy, it's a duty teachers should have to ensure students are not under stress. If you attempt to take the law in your own hands, you only get threats of being arrested or have that actually happening to you. Last time I tried to hit someone for bullying me, the college only threatened me that I would be arrested the next time that happened. I'm just glad I left that shithole as that place enough put a dent in my life.

At 1/2/13 04:23 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/31/12 09:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: Maybe not a killer but it sure as hell doesn't make life enjoyable when its at its worse forms.
It prevented me from swimming as a kid and as an ex-girlfriend of mine had Psoriasis, which is similar, though an auto-immune condition, or so I understand.

Having eczema has never stopped me from swimming. Infact, I used to swim all the time but it has been ages since I last went for a swim on a regular basis but I have been negotiating with a friend of mine to see if a weekly session can be done at the local swimming pools just for some exercise.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Martin
Martin
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 12:51 AM Reply

You passed 52000 Saves. Way to go!

Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:01 AM Reply

Level 56! I liked the golden chainsaw better, but I'm getting pretty close to the finish line. Next up: the ban hammer!

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:50 AM Reply

Congrats to:
Coop: Rank 90 in Experience
SCTE3: 8.00 Base VP
Faggard: 17,00 Experience
Martin: 52,000 Saves
Nijsse: Level 56

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:11 PM Reply

83,000 Saves

Right, time for a list...


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:21 PM Reply

Coop starts writing some plot for his RPG, as soon as he has congratulated:
Faggard: 17,000 Experience
Martin: 52,000 Saves
Nijsse: Level 56

Listening to:
Huey Lewis & The News - The Power Of Love
Foo Fighters - See You
AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Thank you to:
Odyssic

At 1/2/13 06:33 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 1/2/13 04:23 PM, Coop wrote: You're in America, where gas is cheap and people never cared about having to drive hundreds of miles. Cars have never been designed to make even 60 mpg, where now there are certain cars on British roads that have been tested to 80+ mpg. I want to be able to do that.
Gas isn't cheap here,

It's all relative ;)

though I will admit it is way cheaper than the UK. I found this site and was appalled at what some countries are paying at the pump. Damn.

We're tied for 4th in the most expensive Diesel, though I did just fill up for £1.28 a litre, which helped. Discount coupons from the supermarket really do help me :)

I'm going again on the 18th. London meet IX, if I recall.
Have a good time!

I've got train and bus tickets to book, but that's doable. I can get there a fortnight tomorrow and all will be well :)

I bought some from IKEA and made the mistake of buying one wardrobe that was only one door, despite buying two doors for it...
I've never bought anything from IKEA, but I've heard some horror stories about assembly and such...

Pfft, if you've got an IQ of less than 80 it will be taxing.

I've seen these new OLED televisions that LG have just launched. Paper thin and energy efficient, the problem is the price of Ãf'Ã'£6,300
Damn, that's way too much for a TV. I remember when the flatscreens were new and super-expensive -I bought my new 37" for $300. lol I like staying one step behind the newest thing in electronics to keep price down, not to mention things change so fast anyway... :P

I got mine for free - technically it was inherited from Granddad, though he is still with us - we just had to sell the house to pay for his accommodation at the residential home.

At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/2/13 04:23 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/31/12 09:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: Maybe not a killer but it sure as hell doesn't make life enjoyable when its at its worse forms.
It prevented me from swimming as a kid and as an ex-girlfriend of mine had Psoriasis, which is similar, though an auto-immune condition, or so I understand.
Having eczema has never stopped me from swimming. Infact, I used to swim all the time but it has been ages since I last went for a swim on a regular basis but I have been negotiating with a friend of mine to see if a weekly session can be done at the local swimming pools just for some exercise.

I've not swum for a few years now... in fact, since I quit the gym, while I was still with Bex. It's got be three years since I quit there...


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:12 PM Reply

Congratulations To:

Faggard: 17,000 exp.
Martin: 52,000 saves
Nijsse: level 56
Coop: 83,000 saves
Austerity: 11,000 saves

At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: We just sung The Final Countdown throughout the, well, countdown of the new year. We sang through it but it was worth it. From being alone in the streets at the very first second of 2012 to this for 2013, that's by far a huge improvement for my new year celebrations. Will definitely like to party with friends for the new year again. I just hope some douche of an ex-bouncer doesn't try to turn things sour next time. :P

Ex-bouncer, eh? Is there some kind of story behind that, or...? Sounds like a good time, anyway.

At 1/3/13 03:21 PM, Coop wrote: It's all relative ;)

You're right. I just can't say gas is cheap here when I know people who drive a lot and are actually effected by it. (Luckily, I am able to keep my time behind the wheel to a minimum. $20 is enough to see me through a week's worth of driving.)

Pfft, if you've got an IQ of less than 80 it will be taxing.

It would be problematic for a few people I know, then.

I got mine for free - technically it was inherited from Granddad, though he is still with us - we just had to sell the house to pay for his accommodation at the residential home.

Can't go wrong with free stuff. :P


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 1/2/13 04:23 PM, Coop wrote:
At 1/1/13 12:46 AM, reverend wrote:
At 12/31/12 09:37 AM, NewsReporter wrote: Why? 2012 was the greatest year Britain has seen in ages.
Exactly. The Olympics, Queen's Jubliee, Skyfall, umm England's Euro team, err Boris Johnson...
Prince Charles reading the weather?

I guess that's a plus as well. I didn't know about that until just now.
Of course doing the forecast for Scotland is pretty easy.


Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 05:30 AM Reply

At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/1/13 06:55 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/31/12 09:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: There is never anything good that comes out of bullying. If it's left ignored, things will only get much worse. That was the cause of some school shootings in the past and while this may not be the case for every country, it only just shows.
Yeah, we had a few of those cases in Germany. And what do people do? Blame fucking VIDEOGAMES...
I heard about those problems. It's bad enough you get all that censorship bullshit over there.

Exactly. I mean, I can see why kids shouldn't play games like Solider of Fortune or even Resident Evil. But why do they censor the games completly, even for adults? Come on, I have to be 18+ to buy those games and yet they are censorded? Damn... (same goes for movies)

My dad is a piece of shit fascist, that's why.
Well, I can't really argue about that, since I don't know him. ^^
And thankfully you don't. I just hope you don't have a dad that tries to tell you how you should look, act, etc. I only wonder how much I could take from him before I get to a point where a police officer/court case has to be considered.

Well, my dad comments every now and then about my hair or my clothes, but in reality, he doesn't care about my looks.

But I like EXTREME!
I would much rather have a more balanced news coverage. In 2012 there was a lynch mob, because the media declared a young man as a rapist and killer of a little girl... the police could convice those people to go home. And in the end, the young man was innocent. This is just unbelievable.
If anything, 2011's news was more over the top but then again, shit like a tsunami in Japan and a riot in England happened so....

But lynch mobs against tsunamis are highly ineffective.

We breathe fire, we fly... What do you humans do again?
We kill your kind as we like. HA!
Number of dragons killed in the real world: 0

Number of dragons existing in the real world: 0.
I think there's a connection! :P

There you have it. I have to save up as well.
Thankfully I don't have to worry about getting a new laptop soon. The cooling pad puts all troubles with TF2 behind me. Still, it might help to look into funding a new one and make this an ongoing thing over the next two years since I feel by 2015 the laptop will be a bit behind the times so an upgrade with a brand new laptop would help.

No new computer/laptop/computer parts for me in 2013. At least, that's what I hope.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 06:09 AM Reply

Promoted to Praporshchik.


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 09:29 AM Reply

Congrats to:
Coop: 83,000 Saves
Austerity: 11,000 Saves
Chrausner: Praporshchik

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 10:29 AM Reply

Kreator in the UK in late April? Yes please!

Listening to:

Demon - Night of the Demon

At 1/3/13 03:21 PM, Coop wrote:
At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: Having eczema has never stopped me from swimming. Infact, I used to swim all the time but it has been ages since I last went for a swim on a regular basis but I have been negotiating with a friend of mine to see if a weekly session can be done at the local swimming pools just for some exercise.
I've not swum for a few years now... in fact, since I quit the gym, while I was still with Bex. It's got be three years since I quit there...

To tell you the truth, I thought you still went to the gym. I know you have cricket for your exercises but even then I thought it was still part of your routine. I guess I'm just thinking good of you.

At 1/3/13 09:12 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: We just sung The Final Countdown throughout the, well, countdown of the new year. We sang through it but it was worth it. From being alone in the streets at the very first second of 2012 to this for 2013, that's by far a huge improvement for my new year celebrations. Will definitely like to party with friends for the new year again. I just hope some douche of an ex-bouncer doesn't try to turn things sour next time. :P
Ex-bouncer, eh? Is there some kind of story behind that, or...? Sounds like a good time, anyway.

Yeah, because he used to work as a bouncer he thought he had authority over the place, even though he wasn't the host of the party or even lived there. If he was the landlord, I would have been more understanding but he clearly had no right to start lecturing us.

At 1/4/13 05:30 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: I heard about those problems. It's bad enough you get all that censorship bullshit over there.
Exactly. I mean, I can see why kids shouldn't play games like Solider of Fortune or even Resident Evil. But why do they censor the games completly, even for adults? Come on, I have to be 18+ to buy those games and yet they are censorded? Damn... (same goes for movies)

There's the odd stuff Britain bans but when it comes to age rating, we do have a separate age rating for porn movies which fall under R18. I don't see what's so different about 18 rated movies and porn films so it seems redundant to me. :P

And thankfully you don't. I just hope you don't have a dad that tries to tell you how you should look, act, etc. I only wonder how much I could take from him before I get to a point where a police officer/court case has to be considered.
Well, my dad comments every now and then about my hair or my clothes, but in reality, he doesn't care about my looks.

And neither of our dads should care about our looks. I even got complimented by some friends when I had my hair down so his voice is outnumbered.

Number of dragons killed in the real world: 0
Number of dragons existing in the real world: 0.
I think there's a connection! :P

Careful with what you say there as I'm getting acquainted with more dragons than ever.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 02:18 PM Reply

Coop returns from the office and congratulates:
Austerity: 11,000 Saves
Chrausner: Praporshchik

Thank you to:
Metal-Therapy
Odyssic

At 1/3/13 09:12 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 1/3/13 03:21 PM, Coop wrote: It's all relative ;)
You're right. I just can't say gas is cheap here when I know people who drive a lot and are actually effected by it. (Luckily, I am able to keep my time behind the wheel to a minimum. $20 is enough to see me through a week's worth of driving.)

I'm looking at £60 per week in the most taxing of weeks. Of course, if I take my time while driving home, it will cost me less...

Pfft, if you've got an IQ of less than 80 it will be taxing.
It would be problematic for a few people I know, then.

Same here

I got mine for free - technically it was inherited from Granddad, though he is still with us - we just had to sell the house to pay for his accommodation at the residential home.
Can't go wrong with free stuff. :P

Exactly. It's serving me well, giving me somewhere to plug my PS3 into.

At 1/4/13 12:48 AM, reverend wrote:
At 1/2/13 04:23 PM, Coop wrote:
At 1/1/13 12:46 AM, reverend wrote:
At 12/31/12 09:37 AM, NewsReporter wrote: Why? 2012 was the greatest year Britain has seen in ages.
Exactly. The Olympics, Queen's Jubliee, Skyfall, umm England's Euro team, err Boris Johnson...
Prince Charles reading the weather?
I guess that's a plus as well. I didn't know about that until just now.
Of course doing the forecast for Scotland is pretty easy.

Yeah, but him putting the royal residences into the forecast was a nice humanising touch for him. I'm glad to see him start to look more relaxed about who he is.

At 1/4/13 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/3/13 03:21 PM, Coop wrote:
At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: Having eczema has never stopped me from swimming. Infact, I used to swim all the time but it has been ages since I last went for a swim on a regular basis but I have been negotiating with a friend of mine to see if a weekly session can be done at the local swimming pools just for some exercise.
I've not swum for a few years now... in fact, since I quit the gym, while I was still with Bex. It's got be three years since I quit there...
To tell you the truth, I thought you still went to the gym. I know you have cricket for your exercises but even then I thought it was still part of your routine. I guess I'm just thinking good of you.

While I don't go to the gym, I still run, cycle, lift weights and play cricket. Training starts next Friday, so that should be fun (!)


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 04:27 PM Reply

Congratulations To:

Chrausner: Praporshchik

Listening To!

The Iron Horse: Unforgiven
Soundgarden: Somewhere
Rush: Bastille Day, Freewill

At 1/4/13 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah, because he used to work as a bouncer he thought he had authority over the place, even though he wasn't the host of the party or even lived there. If he was the landlord, I would have been more understanding but he clearly had no right to start lecturing us.

What a dick. I mean, heaven forbid you're having a good time at a PARTY. You and your friends should have ganged up on him and tossed his ass out. ;D

I'm looking at Ã'£60 per week in the most taxing of weeks. Of course, if I take my time while driving home, it will cost me less...

I heard somewhere the magic number is around 55 mph, in terms of an ideal speed/fuel economy ratio. Also try drafting behind semi trucks. (or not) :P

Same here

Stupidity the whole world over.

Exactly. It's serving me well, giving me somewhere to plug my PS3 into.

I have a 360 and a Wii, myself. I really only bought the Xbox to play Skyrim, which I'm now wishing I just got for PC...

While I don't go to the gym, I still run, cycle, lift weights and play cricket. Training starts next Friday, so that should be fun (!)

I'm just finishing up converting the room I moved out of into a little home gym. I've been lifting for around 8 months now, just with what little equipment I had lying around the house. The squat/bench rack is the last item on the list and should be arriving any time now. The package weighs in at 160 lbs -dragging that around the house by myself should be fun...


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 08:35 AM Reply

Passed 11,111 Total B/P.

Yay, I guess.


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 09:21 AM Reply

Congrats to:
Chrausner: 11,111 B/P

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Is waking up at 2 in the afternoon a new habit of mine or something? This isn't good of me but then again, what do I expect when I couldn't even fall asleep until 7 in the morning?

Listening to:

Heathen - Victims of Deception

At 1/4/13 02:18 PM, Coop wrote:
At 1/4/13 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: To tell you the truth, I thought you still went to the gym. I know you have cricket for your exercises but even then I thought it was still part of your routine. I guess I'm just thinking good of you.
While I don't go to the gym, I still run, cycle, lift weights and play cricket.

Fair enough, that's still a lot of exercise in your life. As for me, I have considered cycling on some days but going to Liverpool isn't exactly easy to take a bike through to and it's not often that I'll be out and about where it's only within the Wirral.

Training starts next Friday, so that should be fun (!)

Have fun with that.

At 1/4/13 04:27 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 1/4/13 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah, because he used to work as a bouncer he thought he had authority over the place, even though he wasn't the host of the party or even lived there. If he was the landlord, I would have been more understanding but he clearly had no right to start lecturing us.
What a dick. I mean, heaven forbid you're having a good time at a PARTY. You and your friends should have ganged up on him and tossed his ass out. ;D

As a matter of fact, some of us wanted to and one was ready to snap at him. We were all that close. All it would have took is him to have been bullshitting around for a few minutes longer. Although, if a fight did break out I'm pretty sure I'd have been in contact with the police by now.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Jan. 5th, 2013 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Listening to:

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day

At 1/4/13 10:29 AM, Bahamut wrote: Kreator in the UK in late April? Yes please!

Nice.

At 1/4/13 05:30 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/2/13 08:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: I heard about those problems. It's bad enough you get all that censorship bullshit over there.
Exactly. I mean, I can see why kids shouldn't play games like Solider of Fortune or even Resident Evil. But why do they censor the games completly, even for adults? Come on, I have to be 18+ to buy those games and yet they are censorded? Damn... (same goes for movies)
There's the odd stuff Britain bans but when it comes to age rating, we do have a separate age rating for porn movies which fall under R18. I don't see what's so different about 18 rated movies and porn films so it seems redundant to me. :P

That sounds silly.
At least, the porn movies aren't censored, as long as you get them on DVD. But no uncensored porn movies on TV. Which is a really stupid thing. Because who watches porn movies without any porn at all? I mean, you get to see some naked women, but never their "private parts". And no intercourse. This is just stupid...

And thankfully you don't. I just hope you don't have a dad that tries to tell you how you should look, act, etc. I only wonder how much I could take from him before I get to a point where a police officer/court case has to be considered.
Well, my dad comments every now and then about my hair or my clothes, but in reality, he doesn't care about my looks.
And neither of our dads should care about our looks. I even got complimented by some friends when I had my hair down so his voice is outnumbered.

Well, I am already 31 and I don't live with my mom or my dad anymore. So they can't tell me how I should look, haha.

Number of dragons killed in the real world: 0
Number of dragons existing in the real world: 0.
I think there's a connection! :P
Careful with what you say there as I'm getting acquainted with more dragons than ever.

Number of dragons I met in the real world: 0. :P


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)