Be a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

  • 1,990,259 Views
  • 91,016 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Martin
Martin
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

You passed 48000 Saves. Way to go!

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 01:40 AM Reply

26,000 Experience!


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

Level 37

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 04:15 AM Reply

Coop works out a way forward from another 0 Blam clock day. Congratulations to:
Bahamut: 29,000 Posts
SCTE3: 32,000 B/P
Dream-of-Duke: 60,000 B/P
Martin: 48,000 Saves
Haggard: 26,000 Experience
LiquidFire: Level 37

At 8/15/12 07:16 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/15/12 03:47 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/14/12 01:42 PM, Bahamut wrote: If that's what you call winning... Well, nothing to see here.
Some people just can't see the wood for the trees.
Just remember, second place is a fancy word for losing. Wait, if we're third then what does that suggest?

That Bender was wrong? You get medals as well! Bear in mind that in some events, we finished first and second or first and third.

And there wasn't even any Iron Maiden there? Apparently that shitty One Direction "band" was there. How can you even give this any credibility?
Because I'm enthusiastic and I don't think that anything that is not metal is not music. Seriously, I dislike Madonna, but she just writes music and songs that I don't like. She's got to be good, because otherwise she would not sell so many records.
It's not that there's non-metal music being played. There would be the odd notable rock artist there but on the other hand, if they cannot give any credit to heavy metal, then simply, FUCK YOU!

That's a very blinkered view of things.

Unless of course, all the big acts like Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath simply said no to this tripe. I know for a fact that David Bowie and The Rolling Stones declined and I'll say good on them. I'm willing to assume everyone who was there did it for the money.

Yeah, because that's all that drives people these days, isn't it? Not everyone is a Premiership Footballer!

Dubstep I certainly don't see right with. It might have been alright if they were doing something different with dubstep but... they're not really doing anything special. It's that same obnoxious noise that I hear from other dubstep.
I do hate that sound that they use for Dubstep. I'll stick to Metal and Rock, because we don't need a New Metal, the old one is perfectly healthy and happy.
Last time we had nu metal, it sucked balls.

It gave us a few decent bands - System of a Down, for example.

I may not be into sports but cricket is a nice priority. As for me, I don't mind spending 12 hours with my friends over at that Liverpool shop on Saturdays.
Ah, MTG. I remember playing that, though with cricket, it's gone off the boil, somewhat.
Eh, standard format can be a bit of a hassle if you're not active in Magic.

My friends have decks and theirs escalate in power much faster than mine. I can't keep up.

At 8/15/12 07:52 AM, Odyssic wrote: I like no news post about clock day, I almost forgot about it if it wasn't for NG twitter saying it was clock day late last night. This won't beat 2007 days.

I managed more than 1/10th of my output from Clock Day 2007, but that was because I got over 100 points. I think on my best Clock Day, it was around 950 Saves. I'd have happilly killed for a Blam on that day back then.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Member since: May. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 04:55 AM Reply

next milestone passed 13.37 voting power. Not really a big deal though >_<

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 06:00 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 07:52 AM, Odyssic wrote: I like no news post about clock day, I almost forgot about it if it wasn't for NG twitter saying it was clock day late last night. This won't beat 2007 days.

Blams: 22729 (+0 since last log)
Saves: 63241 (+78 since last log)

Admittedly, I haven't been around for about the second half of the day. I assumed Clock Day was going to disappoint again anyway. I think it did.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 07:19 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 06:00 AM, Auz wrote:
At 8/15/12 07:52 AM, Odyssic wrote: I like no news post about clock day, I almost forgot about it if it wasn't for NG twitter saying it was clock day late last night. This won't beat 2007 days.
Blams: 22729 (+0 since last log)
Saves: 63241 (+78 since last log)

Admittedly, I haven't been around for about the second half of the day. I assumed Clock Day was going to disappoint again anyway. I think it did.

It was my first real Clock Day (the first one where I gained more than 10 saves), and I think it was pretty good. The second half was the busiest half.

I got 144 saves on clock day, and I wasn't on Newgrounds from 6 in the evening until midnight (Newgrounds time). After that, another 50 flash were probably submitted. Over 200 flash is a lot for me.

Also, to I've just reached 190,000 medal points. And that is from medals in 1200 games.


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 07:37 AM Reply

Just found out I got into Uni, really happy. My first choice as well. My clock day was crap, I didn't get over 100, got a few blams somehow.

Congrats to:
SCTE3: 32,000 B/P
Dream-of-Duke: 60,000 B/P
Martin: 48,000 Saves
Haggard: 26,000 Experience
LiquidFire: Level 37
LittleWashu: 13.37 VP
Knuckstrike: 190,000 Medal Points

At 8/16/12 04:15 AM, Coop wrote: I managed more than 1/10th of my output from Clock Day 2007, but that was because I got over 100 points. I think on my best Clock Day, it was around 950 Saves. I'd have happilly killed for a Blam on that day back then.

Saves: 5706 (+739 since last log) - 2007, never going to beat that. Good news, NG log said I got a blam which (I think) has happened every Clock day now.

At 8/16/12 06:00 AM, Auz wrote: Admittedly, I haven't been around for about the second half of the day. I assumed Clock Day was going to disappoint again anyway. I think it did.

Back in 2007, I wouldn't say I saw most of clock day, now I have a laptop (which I didn't back then), I can see the portal more and that was pretty much all day active. I guess I didn't get over 100 because I tried to blam the shit.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 11:24 AM Reply

Listening to:

Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR

Thanks to:

Odyssic

At 8/16/12 04:15 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/15/12 07:16 AM, Bahamut wrote: Just remember, second place is a fancy word for losing. Wait, if we're third then what does that suggest?
That Bender was wrong? You get medals as well! Bear in mind that in some events, we finished first and second or first and third.

You mean you don't trust that robot?

It's not that there's non-metal music being played. There would be the odd notable rock artist there but on the other hand, if they cannot give any credit to heavy metal, then simply, FUCK YOU!
That's a very blinkered view of things.

It's still truthful, though. There's no reason to praise all this crap when they don't do it right. I'm pretty sure I got headache from all that noise they threw in for the crappy ceremonies.

Unless of course, all the big acts like Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath simply said no to this tripe. I know for a fact that David Bowie and The Rolling Stones declined and I'll say good on them. I'm willing to assume everyone who was there did it for the money.
Yeah, because that's all that drives people these days, isn't it? Not everyone is a Premiership Footballer!

That's expecting too much from this world. Of course it's all for the money.

Last time we had nu metal, it sucked balls.
It gave us a few decent bands - System of a Down, for example.

I never understood their association with nu-metal at all. They're a decent band unlike Shitknot and Korn.

Eh, standard format can be a bit of a hassle if you're not active in Magic.
My friends have decks and theirs escalate in power much faster than mine. I can't keep up.

My deck has some reckless power to it now. Now if only I had two more of this guy.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 11:24 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Yeah, because that's all that drives people these days, isn't it? Not everyone is a Premiership Footballer!
That's expecting too much from this world. Of course it's all for the money.

Don't be so cynical Bahamut. Its unbecoming of you.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Addict
Addict
  • Member since: Jun. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 07:12 PM Reply

I am now a Brigadier General.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge


- [22:09:28] CASH MANN: fuck you dale - LIVE LOVE A$VP - #23 -

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

So Clock Day had 210 submissions. I managed 90 saves and 2 blams, (yes I got blams, amazing hey!). So I only wasted 118 Blam votes. God I can't wait for the Whistle to return and Portal Mods to be instigated. It's like LittleWashu says, I to am sick and tired of seeing savewhores get rewarded for bad voting habits. It's about time they fixed this problem and took away the save votes received from those that vote to pass shit through judgement and give them back to the people who voted to remove that shit from the portal. If this small problem was to be fixed and people suddenly realize they are wasting their votes and losing their save points, just watch how quickly their voting habits change back to blamming the shit.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 03:46 AM Reply

Became a Brigadier General!
Passed 17000 Saves.

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 04:45 AM Reply

You passed 86000 B/P! Congrats!

At 8/16/12 07:19 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 8/16/12 06:00 AM, Auz wrote: Blams: 22729 (+0 since last log)
Saves: 63241 (+78 since last log)

Admittedly, I haven't been around for about the second half of the day. I assumed Clock Day was going to disappoint again anyway. I think it did.
It was my first real Clock Day (the first one where I gained more than 10 saves), and I think it was pretty good. The second half was the busiest half.

I got 144 saves on clock day, and I wasn't on Newgrounds from 6 in the evening until midnight (Newgrounds time). After that, another 50 flash were probably submitted. Over 200 flash is a lot for me.

Well it could've been worse, but it pales in comparison to the Clock Days of '05, '06 and '07.

At 8/16/12 07:37 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 8/16/12 06:00 AM, Auz wrote: Admittedly, I haven't been around for about the second half of the day. I assumed Clock Day was going to disappoint again anyway. I think it did.
Back in 2007, I wouldn't say I saw most of clock day, now I have a laptop (which I didn't back then), I can see the portal more and that was pretty much all day active. I guess I didn't get over 100 because I tried to blam the shit.

I think I casted a blam or two, but to no avail. Generally I'm okay with the crappy spam submissions on Clock Day though. They're tradition after all.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 05:46 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 03:47 AM, Coop wrote: Hey, we're still proud that we got Bronze in the team Gymnastics. Silver would have been incredible...

It's just that one can get the feeling that the "usual suspects" always get higher scores from the judges.

At 8/15/12 07:16 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/15/12 02:19 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/13/12 10:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Are the Olympics over and done with already? If so, good! I'm glad the burden is put behind us all now.
The Paralympics will start in a few weeks.
At least the MAIN burden is over.

Hey, at least London was able to pull it all off without any major screw ups. Now Hamburg on the other hand... they try to get the Olympics to Hamburg for quite some time now. And yet, they can't even finish the "Elbe Philharmonic Hall". It was schedulded to open in 2010 and cost around 241 million Euros (and at the same time, they tell me I have to pay tuition fees because it costs too much money??). Now we have 2012, the damn thing still isn't finished and the costs are somewhere around 450 million Euros now! WTF?!

I have loads of free time but I spend it all just lazing around on the laptop. I should earn medals on here, I should make more icons but nope, all I'm doing is being a lazy fuck. I suppose video games and TV are great ways to make yourself lazy.
The TV is to blame. It's like, if you turn it on, one hour has passed in just a blink of an eye.
Well, I don't use TV itself to watch TV shows. I would if Futurama wouldn't take a fucking eternity for new episodes to be aired over here. At least Red Dwarf X is only a few months away.

I know the problem. It's nearly impossible to watch any US series, since the TV stations decide to butcher the whole season and show the episodes whenever they feel like it. But hey, I just buy the DVDs now and I can enjoy the series's (is that the correct plural of "series"?) in english and don't have to resort to badly translated dubs.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 07:25 AM Reply

Congrats to:
Addict: Brigadier General
LiquidFire: Brigadier General, 17,000 Saves
Auz: 86,000 B/P

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 07:29 AM Reply

Coop looks through his copy of the Newgrounds Writing Anthology, while congratulating:
LittleWashu: 13.37 Total Voting Power
Knuckstrike: 190,000 Medal Points; Medals from 1,200 Games
Addict: Brigadier General
LiquidFire: 17,000 Saves; Brigadier General
Auz: 86,000 B/P

At 8/16/12 07:37 AM, Odyssic wrote: Just found out I got into Uni, really happy. My first choice as well. My clock day was crap, I didn't get over 100, got a few blams somehow.

What are you going to study and where?

At 8/16/12 04:15 AM, Coop wrote: I managed more than 1/10th of my output from Clock Day 2007, but that was because I got over 100 points. I think on my best Clock Day, it was around 950 Saves. I'd have happilly killed for a Blam on that day back then.
Saves: 5706 (+739 since last log) - 2007, never going to beat that. Good news, NG log said I got a blam which (I think) has happened every Clock day now.

I've still yet to get a blam on any August 15th. I will, I just need to keep trying, as the scores were MUCH lower this year.

At 8/16/12 11:24 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/16/12 04:15 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/15/12 07:16 AM, Bahamut wrote: Just remember, second place is a fancy word for losing. Wait, if we're third then what does that suggest?
That Bender was wrong? You get medals as well! Bear in mind that in some events, we finished first and second or first and third.
You mean you don't trust that robot?

"Don't trust him, he's evil!"
"I know he is, but I have no choice." Santa said it all.

It's not that there's non-metal music being played. There would be the odd notable rock artist there but on the other hand, if they cannot give any credit to heavy metal, then simply, FUCK YOU!
That's a very blinkered view of things.
It's still truthful, though. There's no reason to praise all this crap when they don't do it right. I'm pretty sure I got headache from all that noise they threw in for the crappy ceremonies.

Fair enough, you're entitled to an opinion. Personally, I'm glad that you're in the minority.

Unless of course, all the big acts like Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath simply said no to this tripe. I know for a fact that David Bowie and The Rolling Stones declined and I'll say good on them. I'm willing to assume everyone who was there did it for the money.
Yeah, because that's all that drives people these days, isn't it? Not everyone is a Premiership Footballer!
That's expecting too much from this world. Of course it's all for the money.

Again, I disagree. Sure, some of the idiots there were just there for the money, with George Michael playing his new single, to get more exposure, as if the radio didn't play it enough. We're not all capitalists.

Last time we had nu metal, it sucked balls.
It gave us a few decent bands - System of a Down, for example.
I never understood their association with nu-metal at all. They're a decent band unlike Shitknot and Korn.

I'm not that big a fan of Quorn and Slipknot was a great knot, until the band ruined it.

Eh, standard format can be a bit of a hassle if you're not active in Magic.
My friends have decks and theirs escalate in power much faster than mine. I can't keep up.
My deck has some reckless power to it now. Now if only I had two more of this guy.

Easy enough to eliminate early on. I prefer things with a little more power, that are less likely to die in the first few turns.

At 8/16/12 08:10 PM, gamejunkie wrote: So Clock Day had 210 submissions. I managed 90 saves and 2 blams, (yes I got blams, amazing hey!). So I only wasted 118 Blam votes.

Damn you! I wasted loads of votes, with a 0% success rate

God I can't wait for the Whistle to return and Portal Mods to be instigated.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to something like that, to turn the tide in favour of the Blam once more!

At 8/17/12 05:46 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/15/12 03:47 AM, Coop wrote: Hey, we're still proud that we got Bronze in the team Gymnastics. Silver would have been incredible...
It's just that one can get the feeling that the "usual suspects" always get higher scores from the judges.

I'm happy with the bronze. While it can be a little bitter that we got bumped down from silver on appeal, it was an appeal against the judgement of the Japanese, as opposed to them marking us down on appeal. Circumstances beyond our control and we outperformed expectations, so I'm still happy.

*****

So I saw The Dark Knight Rises last night and I feel that I have a new voice in my arsenal. I can do a pretty decent Bane impersonation. Does anyone know someone who can work audio software for putting the effects on my voice, if I did a decent impression of Bane? I have an idea for a script!


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 08:19 AM Reply

Axes! Chopping limbs from the beasts!


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Member since: Sep. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Considering my university (and about every single other federal university in the WHOLE country) has reached its THIRD MONTH ON STRIKE, and Half-Life is taking its toll on me again after good 7-ish years without beating it (on "difficult" level this time, though), blending the aforementioned with my intended lack of contact with the "real" world and my friends... I declare that I have no reason whatsoever not to say at least "HEY" around here.

So... hey! I'll try staying around for more than 5 minutes this time. Maybe until the strike ends. Or I grow some bollocks and face Half-Life again.

How are you peoplez? Was Clock Day a huge disappointment again?

SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Ranked in the Top 1000 for blam and protect points!


"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 03:29 AM Reply

26,000 experience get!

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Member since: May. 18, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 05:00 AM Reply

12345 blams


SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 06:23 AM Reply

Coop works on a few ideas, while congratulating:
Bahamut: Level 52
SmashLuigifan1: Top 1,000 B/Per
Criminal-23: 10,000 Total Points
Gambit: 26,000 Experience
jonthomsom: 12,345 Blams

Listening to:
Jeff Wayne / Gary Osbourne - Thunder Child
Rush - Armor & Sword

At 8/17/12 04:18 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: I declare that I have no reason whatsoever not to say at least "HEY" around here.

It's been too long, how are things?

How are you peoplez? Was Clock Day a huge disappointment again?

I'm well thanks. Hoping to put the cricket team back to the top of the table today. We'll see how that pans out, though :)


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 07:55 AM Reply

Congrats to:
Bahamut: Level 52
Criminal-23: 10,000 Total Points
Gambit: 26,000 Experience
jonthomson: 12,345 Blams

At 8/17/12 07:29 AM, Coop wrote: What are you going to study and where?

I'm going to study Computer Science, and at Teesside University.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 08:37 AM Reply

Level 26 get


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 8/17/12 07:29 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/17/12 05:46 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/15/12 03:47 AM, Coop wrote: Hey, we're still proud that we got Bronze in the team Gymnastics. Silver would have been incredible...
It's just that one can get the feeling that the "usual suspects" always get higher scores from the judges.
I'm happy with the bronze. While it can be a little bitter that we got bumped down from silver on appeal, it was an appeal against the judgement of the Japanese, as opposed to them marking us down on appeal. Circumstances beyond our control and we outperformed expectations, so I'm still happy.

And you have every reason to be happy. My little "rant" isn't focused on the last Olympic Games, though. It's almost always the case, that "the usual suspsects" seem to recieve better ratings from the judges than other nations. But oh well, I better stop complaining. I don't care too much for gymnastics anyway. ^^

That being said: I'm happy with the performance of team germany as well. Except for the swimmers who just where disappointing once again. But maybe it's a pattern: They disappointed in Athens, they won 3 medals in Beijing, they disappointed in London. So maybe they will win some medals again in Rio de Janeiro?

At 8/17/12 04:18 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: So... hey! I'll try staying around for more than 5 minutes this time. Maybe until the strike ends. Or I grow some bollocks and face Half-Life again.

Oh hai Sir-Nuts!


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

Listening to:

Twisted Tower Dire - The Curse of Twisted Tower

Thanks to:

Coop
Odyssic

At 8/16/12 08:10 PM, gamejunkie wrote: yes I got blams, amazing hey!

What is this sorcery?! :P

At 8/17/12 05:46 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/15/12 07:16 AM, Bahamut wrote: At least the MAIN burden is over.
Hey, at least London was able to pull it all off without any major screw ups. Now Hamburg on the other hand... they try to get the Olympics to Hamburg for quite some time now. And yet, they can't even finish the "Elbe Philharmonic Hall". It was schedulded to open in 2010 and cost around 241 million Euros (and at the same time, they tell me I have to pay tuition fees because it costs too much money??). Now we have 2012, the damn thing still isn't finished and the costs are somewhere around 450 million Euros now! WTF?!

On the other hand, everything spent on this puts UK in a deeper hole. There's no way we can recover.

Well, I don't use TV itself to watch TV shows. I would if Futurama wouldn't take a fucking eternity for new episodes to be aired over here. At least Red Dwarf X is only a few months away.
I know the problem. It's nearly impossible to watch any US series, since the TV stations decide to butcher the whole season and show the episodes whenever they feel like it. But hey, I just buy the DVDs now and I can enjoy the series's (is that the correct plural of "series"?) in english and don't have to resort to badly translated dubs.

I admit, I do watch stuff online. It's become a bad habit and I would like to buy DVDs. Well, sometimes they don't release it over here or they are ridiculously late (e.g. Futurama volume 6 DVD/blu-ray in March 2013) so I resort to watching online. I've watched too much Simpsons lately because of that but I will get the DVD box sets someday. I promise that!

At 8/17/12 07:29 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/16/12 11:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's still truthful, though. There's no reason to praise all this crap when they don't do it right. I'm pretty sure I got headache from all that noise they threw in for the crappy ceremonies.
Fair enough, you're entitled to an opinion. Personally, I'm glad that you're in the minority.

The minority is always good.

That's expecting too much from this world. Of course it's all for the money.
Again, I disagree. Sure, some of the idiots there were just there for the money, with George Michael playing his new single, to get more exposure, as if the radio didn't play it enough. We're not all capitalists.

All I can say is at least he was shameless about it but of course, no excuses for him.

I never understood their association with nu-metal at all. They're a decent band unlike Shitknot and Korn.
I'm not that big a fan of Quorn and Slipknot was a great knot, until the band ruined it.

Yes, Slipknot from their demo releases was something different.

My deck has some reckless power to it now. Now if only I had two more of this guy.
Easy enough to eliminate early on. I prefer things with a little more power, that are less likely to die in the first few turns.

Hell, a creature with single mana and can power-up like crazy, that's really good. A nice way to fire up the game.

At 8/17/12 04:18 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: How are you peoplez? Was Clock Day a huge disappointment again?

This thread always needs more Sir-Nuts. My life has been a bit slow right now. I did have the Manchester meet to look forward to next week but enthusiasm is starting to die out completely. You just can't organise an event without official support. As for Clock Day, I was hanging out with my friends instead of staying home for it so I missed out on most of it. No saves were claimed that day either.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Programmer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 08:07 PM Reply

I thought this was pretty funny. But 29k saves can be my legitimate level up.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge


BBS Signature
BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply

Made lvl 31. Now I have a sweet Chinese sword looking thing.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 05:29 AM Reply

After two wins this weekend, Coop tries for the fabled hat trick. Congratulations to:
DiMono: Level 26
sandwich-eater: 29,000 Saves
BenwaHakubi: Level 31

At 8/18/12 07:55 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 8/17/12 07:29 AM, Coop wrote: What are you going to study and where?
I'm going to study Computer Science, and at Teesside University.

Ah, I should have seen something like that coming. So is that programming, IT department work, or something else that you're expressly interested in?

At 8/18/12 08:49 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/17/12 07:29 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/17/12 05:46 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/15/12 03:47 AM, Coop wrote: Hey, we're still proud that we got Bronze in the team Gymnastics. Silver would have been incredible...
It's just that one can get the feeling that the "usual suspects" always get higher scores from the judges.
I'm happy with the bronze. While it can be a little bitter that we got bumped down from silver on appeal, it was an appeal against the judgement of the Japanese, as opposed to them marking us down on appeal. Circumstances beyond our control and we outperformed expectations, so I'm still happy.
And you have every reason to be happy. My little "rant" isn't focused on the last Olympic Games, though. It's almost always the case, that "the usual suspsects" seem to recieve better ratings from the judges than other nations. But oh well, I better stop complaining. I don't care too much for gymnastics anyway. ^^

It's the same in professional football - the teams expected to win get longer to win it, despite there being a few minutes worth of incident, you'll see 4-5 minutes added on by the 4th official at Man. Utd and Man. City games, just so they can do something spectacular.

That being said: I'm happy with the performance of team germany as well. Except for the swimmers who just where disappointing once again. But maybe it's a pattern: They disappointed in Athens, they won 3 medals in Beijing, they disappointed in London. So maybe they will win some medals again in Rio de Janeiro?

It'll be interesting to find out.

At 8/18/12 03:50 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/17/12 07:29 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/16/12 11:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's expecting too much from this world. Of course it's all for the money.
Again, I disagree. Sure, some of the idiots there were just there for the money, with George Michael playing his new single, to get more exposure, as if the radio didn't play it enough. We're not all capitalists.
All I can say is at least he was shameless about it but of course, no excuses for him.

The fact that he's brazen and shameless about it, just makes things worse, IMO

My deck has some reckless power to it now. Now if only I had two more of this guy.
Easy enough to eliminate early on. I prefer things with a little more power, that are less likely to die in the first few turns.
Hell, a creature with single mana and can power-up like crazy, that's really good. A nice way to fire up the game.

I know, but only if the cards align with you and your opponent doesn't doom blade it within two turns. No card is completely invincible, nor can it guarantee victory.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature