Be a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

  • 2,357,143 Views
  • 91,743 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-17 07:53:03 Reply

The new Manowar album is absolutely terrible. I actually expected it to be bad so I've saved disappointment. However, it's still a shame for them to make a record as effortless as this.

Listening to:

Candlemass - Psalms for the Dead

At 6/16/12 05:40 PM, Haggard wrote:
Now, what to do to get Haggard back into it...
Bribing me with lots of money sure would help. ;)

Dammit, I could have got something in return for doing them again. Well I'm going to make a stand now and wait until Coop can get me something really good.

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-17 08:16:14 Reply

Congrats to:
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 72,000 B/P
Decky: 30,000 Medal Points
gamejunkie: 80,000 Total Points

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-17 08:28:33 Reply

41,000 posts.

Who says I haven't done anything with my life?

Oh yeah, me...


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-17 10:40:07 Reply

Level 27. I miss my hammer already. The redesign levels are vastly inferior to the old ones for the most part. Also hit 6,000 posts a while ago I think.


Certified Professional
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-17 11:21:35 Reply

I just hit 22,000 B/P

As for the 106,000 vs top 2,000 argument, I think once you pass the Supreme Commander stage there isn't really a whole lot of point in celebrating every 1,000 B/P, because all the milestones you're working towards at that point are artificial. There isn't an upper bounds to how many you can have, and there aren't any more levels above that. I'd argue that once you hit 30,000, it's the increments of 5,000 that should get attention, as well as repeating digits (i.e. 33,333). For the top xxxx, that's a statistic that is entirely based on competition, and becoming the top so-many of anything is usually a big deal, especially as that number gets smaller. So in my mind, 106,000 is an impressive number, but it's no more impressive than 105,000 was or than 107,000 will be; but entering the top 2,000 experience is a really big deal.

Oh, and since I'm here, I may as well shill for myself: I wrote a horror novel, and now I'm trying to raise funds so I can edit and publish it. You can read the entire first draft starting here, and if you feel like helping out either by donating or by spreading the word, the Indiegogo campaign is here.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-17 14:34:24 Reply

Uploaded a Flash movie that finally passed!

  • Deathbound: Livecorpse
    Deathbound: Livecorpse by Painbringer

    Made this way back in 2004 and abandoned it - Until now!

    Score
    2.19 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    365 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

After nearly a decade of not trying, that is.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 04:08:48 Reply

Coop wonders how he managed to get so distracted to forget the LUL for a day. Congratulations to:
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 72,000 B/P
Decky: 30,000 Medal Points
gamejunkie: 80,000 Total Points
Gagsy: 41,000 Posts
Jackho: Level 27
DiMono: 22,000 B/P

Listening to:
Toy Dolls - Nellie The Elephant
Metallica - I Disappear

At 6/16/12 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/16/12 08:42 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/15/12 11:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: Horny furries existed in the 90s.
"Alright, what else have you got?"

"Big jugs!"

"Wahaey! Big jugs *reads* A history of pottery in the 19th century. You know, I think those Hussain brothers saw you coming, Eddie."
The internet has a better mind for big jugs. Gotta love that the Bottom show was made during a time when the internet was hardly known.

I'll have to dig my DVDs of it out.

Guess again. ;)
Well played. Had I know that this is what it would take to get you back into listing, I would have done it sooner.

Now, what to do to get Haggard back into it...
Ohhhhhh shit! I see this now as a ploy to bring us back to congratulating users. Well, now my policy is set in foot FOREVER!

Set in foot? Do you mean set in stone?

Whoever thought top 2,000 EXP was nothing worth posting must have been an idiot. I've had even less significant milestones congratulated here, even though that was when the standards weren't set in stone like they are now.
Some idiot who predates us both. What a relic...
Maybe same idiot who thought "Yeah, 5,678 and 9,876 are ok numbers."

lol

I'll just say I'll take the advice just so I don't hear the horrors of that.
Not that I've ever stuck my dick in a psycho. I've now got a rather disturbing image from Borderlands going through my head...
Don't let me know where your dick has been.

In a communal shower :P

Best of luck down there then.
Well, Zictor is asking about next year now.
Where did he say that?

He sent me a PM yesterday

At 6/16/12 05:40 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/16/12 08:42 AM, Coop wrote:
And yet my knowledge and experience is still just as relevant as what you know.
I know, but this is an old argument. I could understand if you weren't congratulating me and you were making a list, but you're not making the lists, so why the beef?
Guess again. ;)
Well played. Had I know that this is what it would take to get you back into listing, I would have done it sooner.

Now, what to do to get Haggard back into it...
Bribing me with lots of money sure would help. ;)

Ah, but if I had lots of money, I'd fund The Forsaken City first. Sorry, but I really want that project to get off the ground :(

At 6/15/12 07:45 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/15/12 03:54 AM, Coop wrote: It sounds like the graphic violence comes out of Super Mario Bros. Not the shitty Bob Hoskins movie, either...
That movie was bad...
And yes, I sometimes ask myself, why Super Mario never is accused to have a bad influence on children.
I think I need some more realistic violence from a video game. That's why I'm loading up Lord of the Rings.
I was playing some Fallout 3 again the other day. The violence there is pretty realistic. Well, except for heads flying off a little TOO easy every now and then. >_>

I had some graphic relaism on Borderlands the other day - stomped a skag to death. I even got an achievement for it :P

At 6/17/12 07:53 AM, Bahamut wrote: The new Manowar album is absolutely terrible. I actually expected it to be bad so I've saved disappointment. However, it's still a shame for them to make a record as effortless as this.

The prosecution (myself and Haggard) rests, M'lud

At 6/17/12 08:28 AM, Gagsy wrote: Who says I haven't done anything with my life?

Oh yeah, me...

Well, if stealing Bahamut's heart is doing nothing with your life, you're a sad and lonely individual.

At 6/17/12 11:21 AM, DiMono wrote: As for the 106,000 vs top 2,000 argument, I think once you pass the Supreme Commander stage there isn't really a whole lot of point in celebrating every 1,000 B/P, because all the milestones you're working towards at that point are artificial.

It's hard to see how the ranks themselves are natural :P At least 1,000 increments are round numbers and they take weeks to reach.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 05:03:28 Reply

Thanks to
Odyssic
Coop

I just hit the Sgt. First Class rank. Hope it didn't hurt.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge


FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 05:32:49 Reply

At 6/17/12 07:53 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/16/12 05:40 PM, Haggard wrote:
Now, what to do to get Haggard back into it...
Bribing me with lots of money sure would help. ;)
Dammit, I could have got something in return for doing them again. Well I'm going to make a stand now and wait until Coop can get me something really good.

We should ask Tom for some reward then. "Hey Tom, we are doing lists day in, day out. WE keep the statwhoring alive!"

At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/16/12 05:40 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/16/12 08:42 AM, Coop wrote: Well played. Had I know that this is what it would take to get you back into listing, I would have done it sooner.

Now, what to do to get Haggard back into it...
Bribing me with lots of money sure would help. ;)
Ah, but if I had lots of money, I'd fund The Forsaken City first. Sorry, but I really want that project to get off the ground :(

I see. Then I'll have to kickstart this thing myself. "If you fund this project, I will promise to do congrats-list daily in the LUL."
Seems promising enough.

At 6/15/12 07:45 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/15/12 03:54 AM, Coop wrote: It sounds like the graphic violence comes out of Super Mario Bros. Not the shitty Bob Hoskins movie, either...
That movie was bad...
And yes, I sometimes ask myself, why Super Mario never is accused to have a bad influence on children.
I think I need some more realistic violence from a video game. That's why I'm loading up Lord of the Rings.
I was playing some Fallout 3 again the other day. The violence there is pretty realistic. Well, except for heads flying off a little TOO easy every now and then. >_>
I had some graphic relaism on Borderlands the other day - stomped a skag to death. I even got an achievement for it :P

Yet another game I haven't played yet. Damn!


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 05:59:18 Reply

Congrats to:
Gagsy: 41,000 Posts
Jackho: Level 27
DiMono: 22,000 B/P
Decky: Sgt. First Class

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 09:10:35 Reply

Listening to:

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound

At 6/17/12 08:28 AM, Gagsy wrote: 41,000 posts.

Who says I haven't done anything with my life?

Oh yeah, me...

You've done more than I have so consider that thought for a moment.

At 6/17/12 10:40 AM, Jackho wrote: Level 27. I miss my hammer already. The redesign levels are vastly inferior to the old ones for the most part. Also hit 6,000 posts a while ago I think.

Nothing beats the hammer from the 2007 redesign.

At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/16/12 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: The internet has a better mind for big jugs. Gotta love that the Bottom show was made during a time when the internet was hardly known.
I'll have to dig my DVDs of it out.

Sounds like you're getting your Big Jugs out. :P

Ohhhhhh shit! I see this now as a ploy to bring us back to congratulating users. Well, now my policy is set in foot FOREVER!
Set in foot? Do you mean set in stone?

You know what I mean.

Don't let me know where your dick has been.
In a communal shower :P

Next thing I don't want to know: Where you go to have that shower.

Where did he say that?
He sent me a PM yesterday

I'd advise him to PM Luis about it but surely Luis would have been asked that before.

Bribing me with lots of money sure would help. ;)
Ah, but if I had lots of money, I'd fund The Forsaken City first. Sorry, but I really want that project to get off the ground :(

But what if the project doesn't succeed its funding goal?

At 6/17/12 07:53 AM, Bahamut wrote: The new Manowar album is absolutely terrible. I actually expected it to be bad so I've saved disappointment. However, it's still a shame for them to make a record as effortless as this.
The prosecution (myself and Haggard) rests, M'lud

I'm ahead of you on this one. I knew it was going to be bad anyway but this bad? That's a different story. This is actually the worst album I've heard from this year so far and I know so little albums from 2012 that suck. Then again, I don't know too many that are uber good.

At 6/18/12 05:32 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/17/12 07:53 AM, Bahamut wrote: Dammit, I could have got something in return for doing them again. Well I'm going to make a stand now and wait until Coop can get me something really good.
We should ask Tom for some reward then. "Hey Tom, we are doing lists day in, day out. WE keep the statwhoring alive!"

It is a department with activity, Tom.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 09:11:04 Reply

At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/17/12 11:21 AM, DiMono wrote: As for the 106,000 vs top 2,000 argument, I think once you pass the Supreme Commander stage there isn't really a whole lot of point in celebrating every 1,000 B/P, because all the milestones you're working towards at that point are artificial.
It's hard to see how the ranks themselves are natural :P At least 1,000 increments are round numbers and they take weeks to reach.

Not artificial vs natural, artificial vs actual. The ranks are hard and fast milestones that you can pursue, and while you're doing that, every 1,000 increment is a big deal because it gets you closer to the next rank. Once you pass the last of them, the 1,000 increments don't mean anything other than having gotten another 1,000. Yes they're round numbers, but they get less and less important/impressive the more times you get them. To analogize, a week is a nice round amount of time, but after a while you stop using them to count someone's age, because saying I'm 1,687 weeks old would be stupid. When a week stops being a relevant amount compared to what came before, you move on to months and then to years; same idea applies here. After hitting 30,000, single thousand increments cease to impress, because you've already had 30 of them; we should move to increments of 5,000 of which you've only had 6.

The real question is whether there comes a point at which we should move away from increments of 5,000, and only celebrate increments of 10,000.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 11:48:43 Reply

59000 b/p points.


BBS Signature
VJF
VJF
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-18 17:44:18 Reply

Just became Sergeant First Class


"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-19 00:14:10 Reply

30 BITCHES! If this was pre-2007 I'd be max level!

also shotgun!

Movie reviews...
"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-19 05:18:37 Reply

Coop gets himself ready to head out for a haircut. Congratulations to:
Decky: Sergeant 1st Class. Not a good sign if you can't feel anything, to be honest.
Dream-of-Duke: 59,000 B/P
VJF: Sergeant 1st Class
KillerSkull: Level 30

Listening to:
Five Finger Death Punch - Hard To See

At 6/18/12 05:32 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/16/12 05:40 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/16/12 08:42 AM, Coop wrote: Well played. Had I know that this is what it would take to get you back into listing, I would have done it sooner.

Now, what to do to get Haggard back into it...
Bribing me with lots of money sure would help. ;)
Ah, but if I had lots of money, I'd fund The Forsaken City first. Sorry, but I really want that project to get off the ground :(
I see. Then I'll have to kickstart this thing myself. "If you fund this project, I will promise to do congrats-list daily in the LUL."

Seems promising enough.

While I like the merit of it, I now have an additional $35, as Forsaken City was not funded :(

So, what am I going to get as my incentive for spending $35 on this project?

At 6/15/12 07:45 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/15/12 03:54 AM, Coop wrote: It sounds like the graphic violence comes out of Super Mario Bros. Not the shitty Bob Hoskins movie, either...
That movie was bad...
And yes, I sometimes ask myself, why Super Mario never is accused to have a bad influence on children.
I think I need some more realistic violence from a video game. That's why I'm loading up Lord of the Rings.
I was playing some Fallout 3 again the other day. The violence there is pretty realistic. Well, except for heads flying off a little TOO easy every now and then. >_>
I had some graphic relaism on Borderlands the other day - stomped a skag to death. I even got an achievement for it :P
Yet another game I haven't played yet. Damn!

Borderlands is quite fun for killing time, to be honest. No two guns are the same and being able to make a giant psychopath explode right in front of your eyes is always amusing.

At 6/18/12 09:10 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/16/12 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: The internet has a better mind for big jugs. Gotta love that the Bottom show was made during a time when the internet was hardly known.
I'll have to dig my DVDs of it out.
Sounds like you're getting your Big Jugs out. :P

At some stage, yes.

Ohhhhhh shit! I see this now as a ploy to bring us back to congratulating users. Well, now my policy is set in foot FOREVER!
Set in foot? Do you mean set in stone?
You know what I mean.

Or do I?

Don't let me know where your dick has been.
In a communal shower :P
Next thing I don't want to know: Where you go to have that shower.

What? This is me cleansing after a cricket match. Nothing more, nothing less.

Where did he say that?
He sent me a PM yesterday
I'd advise him to PM Luis about it but surely Luis would have been asked that before.

We'll sort something out at some stage, no doubt.

Bribing me with lots of money sure would help. ;)
Ah, but if I had lots of money, I'd fund The Forsaken City first. Sorry, but I really want that project to get off the ground :(
But what if the project doesn't succeed its funding goal?

Well, it didn't. We just have to wait and see.

At 6/17/12 07:53 AM, Bahamut wrote: The new Manowar album is absolutely terrible. I actually expected it to be bad so I've saved disappointment. However, it's still a shame for them to make a record as effortless as this.
The prosecution (myself and Haggard) rests, M'lud
I'm ahead of you on this one. I knew it was going to be bad anyway but this bad? That's a different story. This is actually the worst album I've heard from this year so far and I know so little albums from 2012 that suck. Then again, I don't know too many that are uber good.

So in short, 2012 has been average - not spectacular, but not dire, either.

At 6/18/12 09:11 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/17/12 11:21 AM, DiMono wrote: As for the 106,000 vs top 2,000 argument, I think once you pass the Supreme Commander stage there isn't really a whole lot of point in celebrating every 1,000 B/P, because all the milestones you're working towards at that point are artificial.
It's hard to see how the ranks themselves are natural :P At least 1,000 increments are round numbers and they take weeks to reach.
Not artificial vs natural, artificial vs actual. The ranks are hard and fast milestones that you can pursue, and while you're doing that, every 1,000 increment is a big deal because it gets you closer to the next rank. Once you pass the last of them, the 1,000 increments don't mean anything other than having gotten another 1,000. Yes they're round numbers, but they get less and less important/impressive the more times you get them.

Tell that to someone who has reached the age of 101. Happy birthday, Grandma. We're not going to celebrate until you reach 105, because you've had so many birthdays, after all, you old cunt.

To analogize, a week is a nice round amount of time, but after a while you stop using them to count someone's age, because saying I'm 1,687 weeks old would be stupid.

And yet, we congratulate people for reaching 1,111, 2,222 and 3,333 DAYS on Newgrounds. Ergo, your argument is invalid.

The real question is whether there comes a point at which we should move away from increments of 5,000, and only celebrate increments of 10,000.

Fine. Have it your way. Only congratulate me for every 5,000 or 10,000 B/P. I will still post my achievements in here, because I still believe them to be achievements.

At 6/19/12 12:14 AM, KillerSkull wrote: 30 BITCHES! If this was pre-2007 I'd be max level!

No, you wouldn't. You'd be about Level 16 and struggling to make ground on your next level, let alone making it to the very top. Hell, I'd still be about Level 24, striving to get closer to Pimp.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-19 07:11:22 Reply

Congrats to:
Dream-of-Duke: 59,000 B/P
VJF: Sergeant First Class
KillerSkull: Level 30

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-19 09:12:11 Reply

Listening to:

Jethtro Tull - Thick as a Brick

At 6/19/12 05:18 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/18/12 09:10 AM, Bahamut wrote: Sounds like you're getting your Big Jugs out. :P
At some stage, yes.

Saving it for the next meet?

Next thing I don't want to know: Where you go to have that shower.
What? This is me cleansing after a cricket match. Nothing more, nothing less.

With others around you.

I'd advise him to PM Luis about it but surely Luis would have been asked that before.
We'll sort something out at some stage, no doubt.

On the bright side, we should expect a meet in January so once this crappy year is over, a UK meet will be just around the corner.

I'm ahead of you on this one. I knew it was going to be bad anyway but this bad? That's a different story. This is actually the worst album I've heard from this year so far and I know so little albums from 2012 that suck. Then again, I don't know too many that are uber good.
So in short, 2012 has been average - not spectacular, but not dire, either.

Yeah, at least we don't have a repeat of Illud Divinum Insanus or Lulu. Well, not yet anyway but to have three abominable metal albums in a single year is pretty bad. At least in return there was a lot of kickass material. I do have a top ten list but my site is down and Google cache links do not agree with Newgrounds' crappy use of special characters.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-19 10:20:20 Reply

At 6/19/12 05:18 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/18/12 09:11 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/17/12 11:21 AM, DiMono wrote: As for the 106,000 vs top 2,000 argument, I think once you pass the Supreme Commander stage there isn't really a whole lot of point in celebrating every 1,000 B/P, because all the milestones you're working towards at that point are artificial.
It's hard to see how the ranks themselves are natural :P At least 1,000 increments are round numbers and they take weeks to reach.
Not artificial vs natural, artificial vs actual. The ranks are hard and fast milestones that you can pursue, and while you're doing that, every 1,000 increment is a big deal because it gets you closer to the next rank. Once you pass the last of them, the 1,000 increments don't mean anything other than having gotten another 1,000. Yes they're round numbers, but they get less and less important/impressive the more times you get them.
Tell that to someone who has reached the age of 101. Happy birthday, Grandma. We're not going to celebrate until you reach 105, because you've had so many birthdays, after all, you old cunt.

The relevant difference here is that most people don't live past 80, so every year past that is an achievement, and more impressive than the last. When it comes to B/P, as long as you don't stop doing it, there is no theoretical upper bound as to how many you can get. 101 years old is relevant because the odds are you won't reach 102; everybody in here knows that anyone who reaches 101,000 B/P is going to get to 105,000.

To analogize, a week is a nice round amount of time, but after a while you stop using them to count someone's age, because saying I'm 1,687 weeks old would be stupid.
And yet, we congratulate people for reaching 1,111, 2,222 and 3,333 DAYS on Newgrounds. Ergo, your argument is invalid.

I disagree. Each of those represents a little over 3 years, which is a fantastic amount of time that doesn't come around very often. But once you reach 1000 days, you stop celebrating every hundred.

The real question is whether there comes a point at which we should move away from increments of 5,000, and only celebrate increments of 10,000.
Fine. Have it your way. Only congratulate me for every 5,000 or 10,000 B/P. I will still post my achievements in here, because I still believe them to be achievements.

They are achievements; they're just not ones worth celebrating :P


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-19 11:19:17 Reply

Level 14 acquired.


"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-20 00:09:20 Reply

Attained Level 49. Also # 75 on B/P list and # 175 on EXP list.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-20 06:20:06 Reply

Coop gets the squad assembled for Sunday's local derby, before congratulating:
Winrar1337: Level 14
gamejunkie: Level 49; Top 75 B/Per; Top 175 Experienced
SmashLuigiFan1: Level 12

At 6/19/12 09:12 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/19/12 05:18 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/18/12 09:10 AM, Bahamut wrote: Sounds like you're getting your Big Jugs out. :P
At some stage, yes.
Saving it for the next meet?

If we head to Hyde Park for footie, I'll be happy to play topless, to please the few ladies (and slightly more plentiful queers) that we have there :P

Next thing I don't want to know: Where you go to have that shower.
What? This is me cleansing after a cricket match. Nothing more, nothing less.
With others around you.

No, by the time I've finished all of the admin and so forth, I've usually got the changing rooms to myself.

I'd advise him to PM Luis about it but surely Luis would have been asked that before.
We'll sort something out at some stage, no doubt.
On the bright side, we should expect a meet in January so once this crappy year is over, a UK meet will be just around the corner.

Wishing your life away? I'm quite happy to keep this year going, especially as we're not halfway through yet.

I'm ahead of you on this one. I knew it was going to be bad anyway but this bad? That's a different story. This is actually the worst album I've heard from this year so far and I know so little albums from 2012 that suck. Then again, I don't know too many that are uber good.
So in short, 2012 has been average - not spectacular, but not dire, either.
Yeah, at least we don't have a repeat of Illud Divinum Insanus or Lulu. Well, not yet anyway but to have three abominable metal albums in a single year is pretty bad. At least in return there was a lot of kickass material. I do have a top ten list but my site is down and Google cache links do not agree with Newgrounds' crappy use of special characters.

How dare your site get tired at a crucial time like this!

At 6/19/12 10:20 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 6/19/12 05:18 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/18/12 09:11 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 6/18/12 04:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/17/12 11:21 AM, DiMono wrote: As for the 106,000 vs top 2,000 argument, I think once you pass the Supreme Commander stage there isn't really a whole lot of point in celebrating every 1,000 B/P, because all the milestones you're working towards at that point are artificial.
It's hard to see how the ranks themselves are natural :P At least 1,000 increments are round numbers and they take weeks to reach.
Not artificial vs natural, artificial vs actual. The ranks are hard and fast milestones that you can pursue, and while you're doing that, every 1,000 increment is a big deal because it gets you closer to the next rank. Once you pass the last of them, the 1,000 increments don't mean anything other than having gotten another 1,000. Yes they're round numbers, but they get less and less important/impressive the more times you get them.
Tell that to someone who has reached the age of 101. Happy birthday, Grandma. We're not going to celebrate until you reach 105, because you've had so many birthdays, after all, you old cunt.
The relevant difference here is that most people don't live past 80, so every year past that is an achievement, and more impressive than the last. When it comes to B/P, as long as you don't stop doing it, there is no theoretical upper bound as to how many you can get. 101 years old is relevant because the odds are you won't reach 102; everybody in here knows that anyone who reaches 101,000 B/P is going to get to 105,000.

Not necessarily. I've gotten there and there is no indication that I will stop any time soon. However, the top 10 themselves have been prone to just giving up at a really odd time, thus allowing me to chase down a milestone that is just bizarre.

To analogize, a week is a nice round amount of time, but after a while you stop using them to count someone's age, because saying I'm 1,687 weeks old would be stupid.
And yet, we congratulate people for reaching 1,111, 2,222 and 3,333 DAYS on Newgrounds. Ergo, your argument is invalid.
I disagree. Each of those represents a little over 3 years, which is a fantastic amount of time that doesn't come around very often. But once you reach 1000 days, you stop celebrating every hundred.

A little over three years. That's not a round number. You're entitled to celebrate an account birthday, so why should you turn around to celebrate "Three and a bit years"?

The real question is whether there comes a point at which we should move away from increments of 5,000, and only celebrate increments of 10,000.
Fine. Have it your way. Only congratulate me for every 5,000 or 10,000 B/P. I will still post my achievements in here, because I still believe them to be achievements.
They are achievements; they're just not ones worth celebrating :P

There are three types of statements in this world. Lies, Damned lies and Statistics.

I'm off to play some Wipeout.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-20 06:22:55 Reply

8,000 Blams

Congrats to:
Winrar1337: Level 14
gamejunkie: Level 49, Rank 75 in B/P, Rank 175 in Experience
SmashLuigiFan1: Level 12

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-20 06:53:04 Reply

Listening to:

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

At 6/20/12 06:20 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/19/12 09:12 AM, Bahamut wrote: Saving it for the next meet?
If we head to Hyde Park for footie, I'll be happy to play topless, to please the few ladies (and slightly more plentiful queers) that we have there :P

Just hope some of them are single. :P

With others around you.
No, by the time I've finished all of the admin and so forth, I've usually got the changing rooms to myself.

Ah, the comfort of showering on your own.

On the bright side, we should expect a meet in January so once this crappy year is over, a UK meet will be just around the corner.
Wishing your life away? I'm quite happy to keep this year going, especially as we're not halfway through yet.

What good will come from this year anyway? Let it end already.

Yeah, at least we don't have a repeat of Illud Divinum Insanus or Lulu. Well, not yet anyway but to have three abominable metal albums in a single year is pretty bad. At least in return there was a lot of kickass material. I do have a top ten list but my site is down and Google cache links do not agree with Newgrounds' crappy use of special characters.
How dare your site get tired at a crucial time like this!

And now servers are down, lol. Good thing I don't attract a lot of traffic to the site.

Toohot100
Toohot100
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-20 18:55:44 Reply

With that vote, you now have 24,000 experience points.

Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-21 00:20:20 Reply

29,000 Saves.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-21 04:50:20 Reply

Coop watches the Ospreys nest (See Rucklo's thread), while congratulating:
Odyssic: 8,000 Blams
Toohot100: 24,000 Experience
Jolly: 29,000 Saves

Listening to:
Iron Maiden - Alexander The Great

At 6/20/12 06:53 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/20/12 06:20 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/19/12 09:12 AM, Bahamut wrote: Saving it for the next meet?
If we head to Hyde Park for footie, I'll be happy to play topless, to please the few ladies (and slightly more plentiful queers) that we have there :P
Just hope some of them are single. :P

The ladies, or the queers?

With others around you.
No, by the time I've finished all of the admin and so forth, I've usually got the changing rooms to myself.
Ah, the comfort of showering on your own.

Well, it was lovely and warm last night - we managed to get the boiler going early, which meant hot showers, for a change.

On the bright side, we should expect a meet in January so once this crappy year is over, a UK meet will be just around the corner.
Wishing your life away? I'm quite happy to keep this year going, especially as we're not halfway through yet.
What good will come from this year anyway? Let it end already.

In six months a lot can happen. With an attitude like that, what good will come from 2013? I mean, it's a year with 13 in it...

Yeah, at least we don't have a repeat of Illud Divinum Insanus or Lulu. Well, not yet anyway but to have three abominable metal albums in a single year is pretty bad. At least in return there was a lot of kickass material. I do have a top ten list but my site is down and Google cache links do not agree with Newgrounds' crappy use of special characters.
How dare your site get tired at a crucial time like this!
And now servers are down, lol. Good thing I don't attract a lot of traffic to the site.

O.o Intolerable!


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-21 08:01:33 Reply

Rank 100 in Experience

Congrats to:
Toohot100: 24,000 Experience
Jolly: 29,000 Saves

Thanks to:
Coop

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-21 09:09:14 Reply

Listening to:

Blue Ã-yster Cult - Agents of Fortune. Something Haggard might like to hear if he shows up soon enough.

At 6/21/12 04:50 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/20/12 06:53 AM, Bahamut wrote: Just hope some of them are single. :P
The ladies, or the queers?

Obviously the ladies for you.

Ah, the comfort of showering on your own.
Well, it was lovely and warm last night - we managed to get the boiler going early, which meant hot showers, for a change.

I certainly don't like cold showers and I know my sister's shower down in London is a pain to handle.

What good will come from this year anyway? Let it end already.
In six months a lot can happen. With an attitude like that, what good will come from 2013? I mean, it's a year with 13 in it...

Then you know something's wrong when you'd rather look forward to 2013 than endure the shittiness of 2012.

And now servers are down, lol. Good thing I don't attract a lot of traffic to the site.
O.o Intolerable!

Maybe my sister will get onto her fiance and tell him to find better servers. At least the site is working now...

At 6/21/12 08:01 AM, Odyssic wrote: Rank 100 in Experience

Hold it! You did NOT jump 200 ranks and get in front of me.

Bobogoobo
Bobogoobo
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-06-21 21:12:51 Reply

Oh hey, I missed my five year anniversary, it was a week ago :D Leveled up to 37 around that time as well.


See this news post for information on a program that does all kinds of neat things with medal statistics.