00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,748,724 Views | 87,849 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-14 05:44:26

At 5/12/20 02:54 PM, Haggard wrote: Still haven't reached 10k posts, though. Come to think of it, I NEVER reached that milestone in any forum I was active. There was always something that stopped me. Change in interests, falling out with other users, bad community...

But you're still here! You can do it! When you reach the first 10K you realize it's just the first of many. ;)

At 5/12/20 11:53 PM, DomAndFroShow wrote: Today the Dom and Fro Show celebrates a bronze whistle!

Woo, didn't think you'd be leveling up with this account too! Congrats!

Curious now, is this a shared account? Or solo Fro in the account management role?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-14 12:52:37

At 5/14/20 05:44 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/12/20 02:54 PM, Haggard wrote: Still haven't reached 10k posts, though. Come to think of it, I NEVER reached that milestone in any forum I was active. There was always something that stopped me. Change in interests, falling out with other users, bad community...
But you're still here! You can do it! When you reach the first 10K you realize it's just the first of many. ;)

Yes. It's the site I am active on for the longest, after all. I signed up on the day I got internet at home, so, there's that. :D

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-14 14:12:38

At 5/14/20 12:52 PM, Haggard wrote: Yes. It's the site I am active on for the longest, after all. I signed up on the day I got internet at home, so, there's that. :D

Woah! I guess you knew about this place even before then?

What a landmark event to have linked to this place. My early memories here are just a haze now.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-14 14:59:07

At 5/14/20 02:12 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/14/20 12:52 PM, Haggard wrote: Yes. It's the site I am active on for the longest, after all. I signed up on the day I got internet at home, so, there's that. :D
Woah! I guess you knew about this place even before then?

Yes, a few friends and I discovered the site during the height of the "wazuuup" craze (I guess nowadays we'd call it a meme).

What a landmark event to have linked to this place. My early memories here are just a haze now.

For me the haziness sets in during 2002/2003. I don't know why I stopped visiting the site and I also don't know what brought me back, heh.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-15 11:54:50

At 5/12/20 04:59 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/10/20 08:57 PM, iscrulz wrote: 4 years IRL is nothing. 4 years online here or else is a life time.
At the same time though it feels like time flies here more than anywhere else. Really doesn't feel like it's been a decade already... you'll be up at 100k in no time. And hexalist status and all.

I think that's true too. It could be for me It isn't a stressful social media website it could been for some especially since the blog update. Don't get me wrong there was still plenty of drama since the beginning.

60,000 Exp. thanks to doubler XP

iu_121702_269500.png

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-16 06:28:08 (edited 2020-05-16 06:29:37)

140,000 B/P

256,000 Total

At 5/14/20 02:59 PM, Haggard wrote: Yes, a few friends and I discovered the site during the height of the "wazuuup" craze (I guess nowadays we'd call it a meme).

Is it really a meme if it's not all online though...? Hmm. Seems like a 'craze' might've been on an even greater scale back then. These new ones pass by so fast; some don't even bridge the divide into our material world.

For me the haziness sets in during 2002/2003. I don't know why I stopped visiting the site and I also don't know what brought me back, heh.

You know, my haze started very shortly after that same time. O_o What could've happened back in the early 2000 era that led our minds so askew... interesting though. Suppose it'd be possible to backtrack through real-life events to really find out if you wanted to?

At 5/15/20 11:54 AM, iscrulz wrote: I think that's true too. It could be for me It isn't a stressful social media website it could been for some especially since the blog update. Don't get me wrong there was still plenty of drama since the beginning.

For sure. Maybe it's just that the longer you do something the less you perceive time passing with that particular thing. Like life in general. The longer you live the shorter a year is within the cumulative span of years; thus so much less noticeable.

Unless each year really is unlike any other.

60,000 Exp. thanks to doubler XP

Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-16 07:40:58

58k EXP. That was definitely the quickest thousand EXP ever! However long the double EXP is lasting, I'm sure enjoying it while I can but it'll come to the point getting only 10 a day will feel weird. Heh, just like when we'll eventually gets shops and pubs back open.

At 5/14/20 02:59 PM, Haggard wrote: Yes, a few friends and I discovered the site during the height of the "wazuuup" craze (I guess nowadays we'd call it a meme).

And now I've been seeing ads bringing that back.

Also, 'sup? How you doing bud?

At 5/15/20 11:54 AM, iscrulz wrote: 60,000 Exp. thanks to doubler XP

Job well done! I'll be there sometime between 100-200 days time depending how long double EXP goes for.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-16 17:24:35

At 5/16/20 06:28 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: These new ones pass by so fast; some don't even bridge the divide into our material world.

If it wasn't for sites like "know your meme" I would be pretty most half of the time, lol. Also "we live in a society. Bottom text". But I guess that one is already outdated as well

You know, my haze started very shortly after that same time. O_o What could've happened back in the early 2000 era that led our minds so askew...

Uh-oh, should I wear my tinfoil hat? O_O

Interesting though. Suppose it'd be possible to backtrack through real-life events to really find out if you wanted to?

I don't know. During those points in my life nothing special happened that would trigger something like "leaving the site" and "coming back".

At 5/16/20 07:40 AM, Murray wrote:
And now I've been seeing ads bringing that back.

TV ads or online ads? :O

Hi. I was just reading your username two days ago when I checked the Top XP list on nglogs. Glad to see that some of the old folks are still active.

Apart from that, I guess I do what all of us are doing, trying to stay sane. Maybe next week we will go to a drive in cinema. I've never been to one, but in these times they really have a huge revival.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-17 06:30:28 (edited 2020-05-17 06:35:11)

At 5/16/20 07:40 AM, Murray wrote: 58k EXP. That was definitely the quickest thousand EXP ever! However long the double EXP is lasting, I'm sure enjoying it while I can but it'll come to the point getting only 10 a day will feel weird. Heh, just like when we'll eventually gets shops and pubs back open.

Will we ever? ;) Maybe this is the new new... Congrats though!

At 5/16/20 02:31 PM, TheGameFan2020 wrote: I Reached Medals With 30,000 Points Yay!

Congrats man!

At 5/16/20 05:24 PM, Haggard wrote: If it wasn't for sites like "know your meme" I would be pretty most half of the time, lol. Also "we live in a society. Bottom text". But I guess that one is already outdated as well

Don't think I remember that one. :) Yeah, I'm still stuck on over 9000 and all ur base r belong to us. Doesn't feel worth the time to get into all the new unless I have to; unless they appear here in a way that really makes me curious. Feels like memes were so much more thought-out back in the day but maybe that's just nostalgia speaking...

Uh-oh, should I wear my tinfoil hat? O_O

Better safe than sorry. O_O We should've probably worn these back in the early 2000's instead though...

I don't know. During those points in my life nothing special happened that would trigger something like "leaving the site" and "coming back".

Weird.

Maybe that could've been the reason? Just lost interest in general?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-17 07:31:28

Just got into the top 250 of blam/protect. Only took one day short of 20 years

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-17 13:52:01

At 5/16/20 05:24 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 5/16/20 07:40 AM, Murray wrote: And now I've been seeing ads bringing that back.
TV ads or online ads? :O

I feel like I had seen the ad on TV but definitely seen it pop up on YouTube a few times.

Hi. I was just reading your username two days ago when I checked the Top XP list on nglogs. Glad to see that some of the old folks are still active.

Aye, it's the one thing I'm still doing on here. At times I'm surprised how I've managed to keep depositing for this long or even wondered if I'll drop it eventually. Still not as of yet and at this point I feel I've come so far already so why not see how far I can go.

Apart from that, I guess I do what all of us are doing, trying to stay sane. Maybe next week we will go to a drive in cinema. I've never been to one, but in these times they really have a huge revival.

There's a drive in cinema back where I am. Granted, not open at this time but it's got a great location with it being close to one of my rock bars. I've always wanted to go but no plans were ever made with friends.

Been almost two months since lockdown and I've been missing too many things but I've managed to get by with still having to go out to work and then when back at home blasting out music and been on a bit of a Final Fantasy spree (started with VII Remake, then VII, XV and currently X).

At 5/17/20 06:30 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Will we ever? ;) Maybe this is the new new... Congrats though!

I for one won't object to 20 EXP a day being a new standard! 😁

Maybe new levels if we get this?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-17 15:06:47

At 5/17/20 06:30 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Don't think I remember that one. :) Yeah, I'm still stuck on over 9000 and all ur base r belong to us.

Oh, those are ancient. :D

Feels like memes were so much more thought-out back in the day but maybe that's just nostalgia speaking...

I don't know about that, I don't think there's that much thought involved in "over 9000", at least not more than in things like "well yes, but actually no" or "outstanding move".

Better safe than sorry. O_O We should've probably worn these back in the early 2000's instead though...

I guess your are right. :o

Maybe that could've been the reason? Just lost interest in general?

I guess so. I think the reason I came back was that life was just a bit more settled in, I had moved in with my gf and started studying. A more secure future than before, where I didn't know what I should do if I hadn't been accepted into Uni.

At 5/17/20 01:52 PM, Murray wrote: I feel like I had seen the ad on TV but definitely seen it pop up on YouTube a few times.

Oh I don't know about ads on YouTube. I never go there without an ad blocker.

Aye, it's the one thing I'm still doing on here. At times I'm surprised how I've managed to keep depositing for this long or even wondered if I'll drop it eventually. Still not as of yet and at this point I feel I've come so far already so why not see how far I can go.

I feel the same. I stopped BPing some time ago. Maybe I will get back into it for a bit since the portal seems to be really active. But depositing doesn't take up much time, so it became a daily routine more or less

Been almost two months since lockdown and I've been missing too many things but I've managed to get by with still having to go out to work and then when back at home blasting out music and been on a bit of a Final Fantasy spree (started with VII Remake, then VII, XV and currently X).

I've been working from home for almost 2 months now, so the only time I go out is either sports, shopping groceries or a short walk during my lunch break. It does have it's benefits, but it can be really exhaustive as well.

I want this to the sooner rather than later, but with how stupid people are acting I guess it's only a matter of weeks before the second wave hits.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-17 16:30:01

At 5/17/20 01:52 PM, Murray wrote: I for one won't object to 20 EXP a day being a new standard! 😁

I wouldn't mind a return to 10 EXP as soon as I head off on vacation, but yeah right now it's not so bad. :) Hopefully at least a few inactive users we're catching up on...

One can dream...

At 5/17/20 03:06 PM, Haggard wrote: Oh, those are ancient. :D

That's me and memes. XD

I don't know about that, I don't think there's that much thought involved in "over 9000", at least not more than in things like "well yes, but actually no" or "outstanding move".

Touché! Maybe more nostalgia then. Though at least there's a bit more background to the ones that get created unintentionally versus the ones made to be memes immediately, which seems to be a lot of the newer ones.

I guess your are right. :o

I guess so. I think the reason I came back was that life was just a bit more settled in, I had moved in with my gf and started studying. A more secure future than before, where I didn't know what I should do if I hadn't been accepted into Uni.

Mmm, that makes sense. I thought I might end up having less time for this place through all those stages, university, work, but so far not much has changed after all. Never know when it might. Current situation really seems to show how fast conveniences you take for granted can start crumbling.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-17 16:31:40 (edited 2020-05-17 16:32:02)

At 5/17/20 07:31 AM, jonthomson wrote: Just got into the top 250 of blam/protect. Only took one day short of 20 years

Just in time! Congrats! And Happy Anniversary!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-18 07:32:59

At 5/17/20 03:06 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 5/17/20 01:52 PM, Murray wrote: I feel like I had seen the ad on TV but definitely seen it pop up on YouTube a few times.
Oh I don't know about ads on YouTube. I never go there without an ad blocker.

That's where my problem lies. I mostly watch YouTube on the Xbox, TV or phone nowadays. Can't even remember the last time I used my laptop for YouTube. Probably not since I got the TV for my flat when I moved in which with that my uses for the laptop took a nosedive.

I feel the same. I stopped BPing some time ago. Maybe I will get back into it for a bit since the portal seems to be really active. But depositing doesn't take up much time, so it became a daily routine more or less

Hah, BP is something I haven't collected in a decade now. Only other thing I'd try and get more of is medals but being mostly on my phone these days limits the content I can get them from.

I've been working from home for almost 2 months now, so the only time I go out is either sports, shopping groceries or a short walk during my lunch break. It does have it's benefits, but it can be really exhaustive as well.

I can't imagine what it's like to be entirely stuck at home. Staying in for a whole day is easy enough but any longer I can't say for sure. Hopefully I don't have to self-isolate at any given point.

I want this to the sooner rather than later, but with how stupid people are acting I guess it's only a matter of weeks before the second wave hits.

It's sad to see how inevitable a second wave is. England is just asking for it with the premature ease of lockdown (I say England and not the UK cause the other three nations know better). Should have been another few weeks off before easing it. I'll stick to the stay at home advice for now apart from work and food shopping.

At 5/17/20 04:30 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/17/20 01:52 PM, Murray wrote: I for one won't object to 20 EXP a day being a new standard! 😁

I wouldn't mind a return to 10 EXP as soon as I head off on vacation, but yeah right now it's not so bad. :) Hopefully at least a few inactive users we're catching up on...

Any bonuses we get will help me nicely. I should be able to climb up a rank shortly.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-18 09:39:23

Just passed 26,000 save points yesterday (somewhere around 8 PM, CST -05).

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-18 14:48:11

At 5/17/20 04:30 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/17/20 03:06 PM, Haggard wrote: Oh, those are ancient. :D
That's me and memes. XD

Kind of like me and video games. :O

Touché! Maybe more nostalgia then. Though at least there's a bit more background to the ones that get created unintentionally versus the ones made to be memes immediately, which seems to be a lot of the newer ones.

Maybe we can alter that old Andy Warhol quote a little bit: Everything will be a meme for 15 minutes.

Current situation really seems to show how fast conveniences you take for granted can start crumbling.

You can say that again. How's Sweden holding up? Last thing I read was some mayor (or was it the Prime Minister?) wanted to scatter chicken shit in parks to keep people from gathering there? XD

At 5/18/20 07:32 AM, Murray wrote: That's where my problem lies. I mostly watch YouTube on the Xbox, TV or phone nowadays. Can't even remember the last time I used my laptop for YouTube. Probably not since I got the TV for my flat when I moved in which with that my uses for the laptop took a nosedive.

I use Blokada for my phone. Gets rid of most ads with DNS filters.

Hah, BP is something I haven't collected in a decade now. Only other thing I'd try and get more of is medals but being mostly on my phone these days limits the content I can get them from.

Medals is something I haven't got in quite some time, heh.

I can't imagine what it's like to be entirely stuck at home. Staying in for a whole day is easy enough but any longer I can't say for sure. Hopefully I don't have to self-isolate at any given point.

I have to admit, it's how I usually spend my time, lol. But it would be nice to spend my lunch break at a café or being able to get some ice cream on a sunny Saturday afternoon...

It's sad to see how inevitable a second wave is. England is just asking for it with the premature ease of lockdown (I say England and not the UK cause the other three nations know better). Should have been another few weeks off before easing it. I'll stick to the stay at home advice for now apart from work and food shopping.

And I thought Johnson would wisen up a little bit after recovering.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-19 07:16:27

#41 in EXP. Finally another rank up and one step away from the top 40.

At 5/18/20 02:48 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 5/18/20 07:32 AM, Murray wrote: That's where my problem lies. I mostly watch YouTube on the Xbox, TV or phone nowadays. Can't even remember the last time I used my laptop for YouTube. Probably not since I got the TV for my flat when I moved in which with that my uses for the laptop took a nosedive.
I use Blokada for my phone. Gets rid of most ads with DNS filters.

I keep meaning to get a decent ad blocker for my phone. Really should use it for YouTube to stop seeing all those fucking TikTok ads. No fucking thanks, I'm not stooping that low. I'll stick to my Facebook and Instagram and even the former does my head in a lot.

Medals is something I haven't got in quite some time, heh.

I did get some the other week but if I really want to collect loads more I'll need to dedicate way more time.

I have to admit, it's how I usually spend my time, lol. But it would be nice to spend my lunch break at a café or being able to get some ice cream on a sunny Saturday afternoon...

Yeah, just being out for a bit to the pub or a restaurant would be nice to do again when safe to do so. Luckily I've planned for lockdown without even intending to. I've spent many nights in on weekends to save cash when needed be so this is not much different. Just now I have way more to put in savings now.

This is the very person who openly admitted to shaking hands with patients who had the goddamn virus. I won't wish for anyone to catch it but with him, he should have known better. Same goes to all the idiots protesting.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-19 08:47:39 (edited 2020-05-19 08:50:11)

At 5/18/20 07:44 AM, Lizzardis wrote: YOU REACHED LEVEL RANK 295 - DYNAMITE!
YOU REACHED EXPERIENCE RANK 1538 - REMARKABLE!
YOU HAVE PASSED 13000 EXPERIENCE POINTS - TIP-TOP!

Solid raise! Congrats!

At 5/18/20 03:18 AM, TheGameFan2020 wrote: My Rank Is SGT. Major Yay!

Congrats!

At 5/18/20 09:39 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Just passed 26,000 save points yesterday (somewhere around 8 PM, CST -05).

Really keeping track of the time too. :) Congrats!

At 5/18/20 07:32 AM, Murray wrote: Any bonuses we get will help me nicely. I should be able to climb up a rank shortly.

For sure. :)

At 5/18/20 02:48 PM, Haggard wrote: Kind of like me and video games. :O

Me and memes and me and video games are somewhat on par too I think...

Maybe we can alter that old Andy Warhol quote a little bit: Everything will be a meme for 15 minutes.

Now that might make for a good meme!

You can say that again. How's Sweden holding up? Last thing I read was some mayor (or was it the Prime Minister?) wanted to scatter chicken shit in parks to keep people from gathering there? XD

Working at a distance, shopping occasionally, and just hanging around local turf it doesn't feel so different after all, but a lot of businesses have it worse. Shops are closing down all over. I believe our lenient habits of respecting/following authority might be to our benefit now otherwise, as most people really do keep their distance and stay home when they can.

Though then again... XD Hadn't heard about that at all. Seems like a viable non-violent distance-increasing tactic though...

In more populated areas I guess problems might be be bigger than you notice. Hospitals aren't the best equipped either. As long as the counts don't start rising drastically it seems to be going alright. How about where you are?

Biggest issue personally is really just how days blend together. Everything feels the same.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-19 15:24:33

At 5/19/20 08:47 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Working at a distance, shopping occasionally, and just hanging around local turf it doesn't feel so different after all, but a lot of businesses have it worse. Shops are closing down all over. I believe our lenient habits of respecting/following authority might be to our benefit now otherwise, as most people really do keep their distance and stay home when they can.

I've seen pics from Swedish bus stops from a few years ago where people kept their distance because that's how it's done in Sweden, so I guess you guys where already specialists in social distancing before it became the norm everywhere. :D

Though then again... XD Hadn't heard about that at all. Seems like a viable non-violent distance-increasing tactic though...

Found the article!

It was in the city of Lund: https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2020-04-29/honsskit-ska-stoppa-festen-i-stadsparken

With my very limited knowledge of Norwegian I think I understand that Philip Sandberg said something like "it's good for the grass, and we will have a really nice park for the sommer season"? XD

In more populated areas I guess problems might be be bigger than you notice. Hospitals aren't the best equipped either. As long as the counts don't start rising drastically it seems to be going alright. How about where you are?

More and more stores are opening up again, but with some measures in effect, like wearing masks, only letting a few people in at once, etc.

Nice side effect: all of a sudden it's possible to pay by card almost everywhere. Germany was lagging way behind in that regard because apparently we are a folk of cash loving people.

But of course, there are some tin foil hats running around, spreading stupid lies, waving the constitution around (instead of maybe reading it for a change), etc pp.

I'm afraid that a second wave will hit soon and will hit hard.

Biggest issue personally is really just how days blend together. Everything feels the same.

Oh yeah. It's amazing how 'not leaving the house much' does this to you.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-19 15:44:35

At 5/19/20 07:16 AM, Murray wrote:
At 5/18/20 02:48 PM, Haggard wrote: I use Blokada for my phone. Gets rid of most ads with DNS filters.
I keep meaning to get a decent ad blocker for my phone. Really should use it for YouTube to stop seeing all those fucking TikTok ads. No fucking thanks, I'm not stooping that low. I'll stick to my Facebook and Instagram and even the former does my head in a lot.

I'm just glad I never got the hang of either of the two, lol.

Anyway, give Blokada a try, it's easy to use and may even save some battery since it's blocks out unnecessary stuff.

Yeah, just being out for a bit to the pub or a restaurant would be nice to do again when safe to do so. Luckily I've planned for lockdown without even intending to. I've spent many nights in on weekends to save cash when needed be so this is not much different. Just now I have way more to put in savings now.

Yes. My bank account looks really good too, just because I don't have any way to spend the money right now. :D

This is the very person who openly admitted to shaking hands with patients who had the goddamn virus. I won't wish for anyone to catch it but with him, he should have known better. Same goes to all the idiots protesting.

I think Germany is lucky to have a scientist in charge. Merkel is a physician. I mean, I will never vote for her party and disagree with a lot of views, but I have to admit that she's doing an OK job.

But there are idiots protesting here as well of course. The most funny of the lot are the nazis from the afd. For years they demanded that Germany closes it's borders. Then the borders are closed and they demand they should be opened up so foreign workers can come in to harvest asparagus.

I bet when more measures are lifted they'll be the first to demand they should be reinstated. That's the problem if your political agenda only consists of "being against it". Stupid fuckers.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-19 17:32:35

i'm just kinda pissed cus we don't stop looking like fucking noobs until lvl 20

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-19 19:12:33

At 5/19/20 03:44 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 5/19/20 07:16 AM, Murray wrote: I keep meaning to get a decent ad blocker for my phone. Really should use it for YouTube to stop seeing all those fucking TikTok ads. No fucking thanks, I'm not stooping that low. I'll stick to my Facebook and Instagram and even the former does my head in a lot.
I'm just glad I never got the hang of either of the two, lol.

I know you and lack of social media well long enough by now. I mainly prefer Instagram these days since the hashtag systems is a good way to discover accounts with similar interests. It's one of the places where I'm finding new music while I can comfortably post about what I'm putting on my hifi.

Anyway, give Blokada a try, it's easy to use and may even save some battery since it's blocks out unnecessary stuff.

Will need to look into it!

Yes. My bank account looks really good too, just because I don't have any way to spend the money right now. :D

This pandemic has stopped me from having nights out as well as not getting tickets for any gigs or Comic Cons. Any tickets I still have ongoing I'm saving them for when the events eventually happen. I kept my Bloodstock ticket for next year and while nothing has been said yet, I can see the shows for Helloween and Priest with Ozzy being postponed (the latter would be like the fourth time being pushed back by that point). Tbh I'm more looking forward to Helloween as they're doing more than just a London show. Only need to travel to Manchester so happy days there.

What I have been buying as of late is picking up more CDs again. I went quite some years without building up my collection but have picked up again over the last half year, particularly when I finally got shelves to fit all the CDs in my flat and even now I need more space for them!

I think Germany is lucky to have a scientist in charge. Merkel is a physician. I mean, I will never vote for her party and disagree with a lot of views, but I have to admit that she's doing an OK job.

Thankfully you have a leader with some idea on what to do. Boris has not been so great, though I suppose there are worse leaders out there...

I bet when more measures are lifted they'll be the first to demand they should be reinstated. That's the problem if your political agenda only consists of "being against it". Stupid fuckers.

Neverending cycle of idiocy.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-20 01:50:59

At 5/19/20 07:12 PM, Murray wrote:
At 5/19/20 03:44 PM, Haggard wrote: I'm just glad I never got the hang of either of the two, lol.
I know you and lack of social media well long enough by now.

Hey! I have Twitter! ;P

I mainly prefer Instagram these days since the hashtag systems is a good way to discover accounts with similar interests. It's one of the places where I'm finding new music while I can comfortably post about what I'm putting on my hifi.

I use Deezer to discover new music. Like Somali Yacht Club, for example.

This pandemic has stopped me from having nights out as well as not getting tickets for any gigs or Comic Cons. Any tickets I still have ongoing I'm saving them for when the events eventually happen. I kept my Bloodstock ticket for next year and while nothing has been said yet, I can see the shows for Helloween and Priest with Ozzy being postponed (the latter would be like the fourth time being pushed back by that point). Tbh I'm more looking forward to Helloween as they're doing more than just a London show. Only need to travel to Manchester so happy days there.

I have tickets for a live show that was scheduled in late March, but got postponed a few days before the event. New date is in 2021. :(

I also have tickets for another live event in October. Maybe this whole thing is over by then. And I wanted to attend the WGT in Leipzig for the first time, which should have started next week. But... Yeah, not going to happen.

Next thing to look forward to is a mini festival (called 'Wini Macken', obviously a play on the words 'Mini Wacken'). It's supposed to take place in August. We'll see.

What I have been buying as of late is picking up more CDs again. I went quite some years without building up my collection but have picked up again over the last half year, particularly when I finally got shelves to fit all the CDs in my flat and even now I need more space for them!

There's never enough space for people like us, who like to collect physical media, lol.

I've invested some money into my Amiga last month. Now I have a turbo card (14 Mhz processor! 2 MB RAM!) and a hard drive (55MB!). Plus, I managed to pick up some games I used to play as a kid but never had the original version of.

Thankfully you have a leader with some idea on what to do. Boris has not been so great, though I suppose there are worse leaders out there...

His orange twin brother for example.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-20 10:53:41

At 5/14/20 05:44 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/12/20 11:53 PM, DomAndFroShow wrote: Today the Dom and Fro Show celebrates a bronze whistle!
Woo, didn't think you'd be leveling up with this account too! Congrats!

I at least planned on depositing every day. That allows me to check out any notifications or messages this account may have received. Then all of a sudden I realized there were a lot of idle type and other medals games that I really enjoyed playing over the years... so I just started playing some of those as well.

I won't be leaving any reviews from this account though. I barely do that with my main account as it is.

Curious now, is this a shared account? Or solo Fro in the account management role?

Just Fro, but Dom is actually taking care of every other account minus the Patreon and Paypal, which are also run by me. The podcasts can be found on spotify, anchor, and a bunch of other podcast websites.

At 5/13/20 12:26 AM, ZomAlien wrote:
Congratulations.
You'll have Deity in no time. Trust me.

While I do have a slight advantage... It really hasn't been anything more than me flagging stolen submissions from the portal and the EGB thread. I also occasional run into reviews that need to be deleted that are too old to delete without someone flagging them. Just because I'm already signed into this account when I find those reviews I go ahead and mark them. I haven't been going out of my way to sign into this one to mark reviews though.

Also, while we are on the topic...

Today the Dom and Fro Show celebrates a silver whistle!

Consider donating to us on Patreon or Paypal!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-20 14:43:42 (edited 2020-05-20 14:46:53)

At 5/19/20 03:24 PM, Haggard wrote: I've seen pics from Swedish bus stops from a few years ago where people kept their distance because that's how it's done in Sweden, so I guess you guys where already specialists in social distancing before it became the norm everywhere. :D

I guess so. :) We're probably still used to having a bit more distance between us, larger open spaces overall.

Found the article!
It was in the city of Lund: https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2020-04-29/honsskit-ska-stoppa-festen-i-stadsparken

With my very limited knowledge of Norwegian I think I understand that Philip Sandberg said something like "it's good for the grass, and we will have a really nice park for the sommer season"? XD

Pretty much. XD Apparantely they had backup chickenshit too, for potential other areas where festivities may reign... this was all in preperation for the Walpurgis Night parties. The night before the first of May we usually gather around and light bonfires, though of course this year everything was a bit different.

Thanks for the link! It's a bit further South than where I am.

More and more stores are opening up again, but with some measures in effect, like wearing masks, only letting a few people in at once, etc.

Nice. :)

Nice side effect: all of a sudden it's possible to pay by card almost everywhere. Germany was lagging way behind in that regard because apparently we are a folk of cash loving people.

Aw man, the cash though... I've been hoping this pandemic wouldn't be a cash detriment too. Being able to pay anonymously is one of the building blocks of free society IMO. Maybe you don't have the same problems there yet, but here it's hard to find shops that accept cash in some areas. If we could have both I'd see the alternative as progress, but they're really trying to phase out traditional monetary exchange entirely.

But of course, there are some tin foil hats running around, spreading stupid lies, waving the constitution around (instead of maybe reading it for a change), etc pp.

Hmm? Related to the above?

I'm afraid that a second wave will hit soon and will hit hard.

That does seem possible though. Maybe inevitable. :/ If everything's opening up; everybody stops taking it as seriously... they can't keep businesses shut down forever either, whether it's initiated by the government or no I think there'll be a point when at least certain groups of people just stop caring; reignite the spread...

To think I didn't notice this back when it was voluntary.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-20 14:50:50

At 5/20/20 10:53 AM, DomAndFroShow wrote: I at least planned on depositing every day. That allows me to check out any notifications or messages this account may have received. Then all of a sudden I realized there were a lot of idle type and other medals games that I really enjoyed playing over the years... so I just started playing some of those as well.

I won't be leaving any reviews from this account though. I barely do that with my main account as it is.

Nice.

I tried keeping some alternative accounts alive for a while, gathering stats with more than just this one but... in the end it just felt so unnecessary. Maybe more purpose with an account you actually use though.

Just Fro, but Dom is actually taking care of every other account minus the Patreon and Paypal, which are also run by me. The podcasts can be found on spotify, anchor, and a bunch of other podcast websites.

Cool. No plans on his part to join in on NG though? He's missing out here...

At 5/19/20 11:01 AM, TheGameFan2020 wrote: I Reached 35 Game & Movie Reviews Yay!

A somewhat uneven but congratulatory amount I guess. :) Congrats!

At 5/19/20 05:32 PM, Edeshye wrote: i'm just kinda pissed cus we don't stop looking like fucking noobs until lvl 20

You're already half the way there though! The reaaaally nice ones require a new level of commitment. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-20 15:42:45

At 5/20/20 02:43 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Pretty much. XD Apparantely they had backup chickenshit too,

So, that makes me think, does the city of Lund just keep a backup of chicken shit all year round? XD

Aw man, the cash though... I've been hoping this pandemic wouldn't be a cash detriment too. Being able to pay anonymously is one of the building blocks of free society IMO.

But cash is so inconvenient most of the time. All those coins, ugh. If you want to pay anonymously you could always use Bitcoin or something.

Hmm? Related to the above?

What I was trying to say: most people comply with the orders currently in effect, but some nutcases think there's some conspiracy behind all of this and act dangerously stupid.

That does seem possible though. Maybe inevitable. :/ If everything's opening up; everybody stops taking it as seriously... they can't keep businesses shut down forever either, whether it's initiated by the government or no I think there'll be a point when at least certain groups of people just stop caring; reignite the spread...

Yeah, it's like balancing on a razor's edge right now. Lift the lockdown too soon, there will be consequences. Keep shops closed too long, there will be consequences too.

To think I didn't notice this back when it was voluntary.

Same. Maybe because before we always had the option to go out if we wanted to.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-21 18:02:05

At 5/20/20 03:42 PM, Haggard wrote: So, that makes me think, does the city of Lund just keep a backup of chicken shit all year round? XD

They probably do have stashes of fertilizer all over the place. XD Plenty of parks to keep green... had never really considered what they used or what they had in store before this though...

But cash is so inconvenient most of the time. All those coins, ugh. If you want to pay anonymously you could always use Bitcoin or something.

But how do you get bitcoin anonymously? You need a source of exchange. If you use a card for the trade then it's still traceable. Bitcoin's transparent, but it's not really anonymous either is it?

It's also digital, even if it was possible to make it a new standard I'm not a fan of having all financial assets rely on a network connection and electricity to be available. Cash is basically your personal gold standard. I do know money doesn't technically exist at all on the same scale that it used to, but I feel the material link is more important now than ever. We ought to be more wary of our integrity; not place our trust in technology to the point we lose it entirely.

I'm not against people paying by card if they want to, but the monetary alternative should really be a basic human right; a form of currency that's safeguarded and supported on an international level.

What I was trying to say: most people comply with the orders currently in effect, but some nutcases think there's some conspiracy behind all of this and act dangerously stupid.

Yeah. :/ Conspiracy or no it's no excuse to endanger everyone unnecesarily.

Yeah, it's like balancing on a razor's edge right now. Lift the lockdown too soon, there will be consequences. Keep shops closed too long, there will be consequences too.

For sure.

Same. Maybe because before we always had the option to go out if we wanted to.

True true. I imagine even when I was sitting in more than I am now there must've occasionally have been that something to break that routine. Really missing those routine-breaking occurrences now.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2020-05-22 05:38:33

170,000 medal points

At 5/22/20 12:02 AM, NekoMika wrote: Level 59

Congrats!

BBS Signature