00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,753,887 Views | 87,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 02:16:29

At 8/15/19 06:03 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Thursday's child has far to go. I was born on a Thursday meself.

2 more hours in London, 6 more hours in NGville, and 7 more hours for me.

I'm actually usually thinking in London/my own time these days instead of NG time/my own time like back in the day. EVE Online has primarily EUTZ players, although a healthy # of USTZ and some AUTZ as well, but the server is in London and so's the official time of anything going on in-game, so gotta think in London time a lot. ;)

Time zones are so complicated. I never know the time of places where I am not at, haha.

Plus this stupid daylight savings time. I really really hope they get rid of this soon.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 09:14:33

At 8/16/19 02:16 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/15/19 06:03 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Thursday's child has far to go. I was born on a Thursday meself.

I'm actually usually thinking in London/my own time these days instead of NG time/my own time like back in the day. EVE Online has primarily EUTZ players, although a healthy # of USTZ and some AUTZ as well, but the server is in London and so's the official time of anything going on in-game, so gotta think in London time a lot. ;)
Time zones are so complicated. I never know the time of places where I am not at, haha.
Plus this stupid daylight savings time. I really really hope they get rid of this soon.

That... would be very, very nice indeed.

Till then... :::changes half his clocks twice a year:::

at least SOME of our clocks (computers, phones, etc... some smart clocks with atomic time updating, etc...) now change themselves, that part's nice.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 09:40:12

At 8/15/19 05:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote: This is a story, all about how... I'm all caught up on CD19 voting by 5 PM... :::record scratch:::

Is that a new record or...? Ah. Right. Music. Congrats anyway!

Only ~70 submissions so far? My god... B may have just turned 18 (IT'S LEGAL, FOLKS!), but you'd think it was off to the old folks' home by now with this level of portal activity. Then again, I checked the id#s and apparently there's only been 21,000 or so movies and games submitted from August 16th 2018 to August 14th 2019, so... wowza.

I was just thinking this year's Clock Day seemed way more active than last year though. :) Tempted to make a statual comparison but: time. I'm happy to see it's still going strong each of these years though, seemed like for a while it was fading, somewhere after the last redesign, in those dark and dystopian days of waning interest... but it's all coming back again. People are spending more and more time here again! Clocks. Highly relevant.

One of these years I shall actually contribute something...

Noiiiiishe, mate, noiiishe!

Thank you thank you!

At 8/15/19 05:27 PM, gfoxcook wrote:

Happy birthday, mate! Turned 42 about 6 weeks ago myself... yes, I am the Douglas Adams number now.

Was just about to say that! Few people probably realize at what a mysterious number they've landed when they do.

Happy Belated Birthday about 6 weeks back!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 09:46:01

At 8/16/19 09:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 8/16/19 02:16 AM, Haggard wrote: Time zones are so complicated. I never know the time of places where I am not at, haha.

at least SOME of our clocks (computers, phones, etc... some smart clocks with atomic time updating, etc...) now change themselves, that part's nice.

I don't know what I'd do without that extra hour of sleep every winter morning though! :O Lifesaving.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 10:26:39

At 8/16/19 09:40 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Is that a new record or...? Ah. Right. Music. Congrats anyway!

ahaha... just meant the portal seemed a bit quiet during primetime USTZ yesterday. But I checked back a few hours later and there were a fair bit of new entries. In the end, looking at midnight to midnight on Clock Day, there were.... 89 total flashes submitted on CD19. That compared to 87, 84, 89, 85 the previous 4 years. Pretty steady as she goes there the past half-decade, eh?

As for me, I went from 44 to 44 to 47 to 86 to 85 to 100+ saves and counting over the past 6 Clock Days... yes, counting a bit of saving a bit before midnight and a bit after midnight at the start/end of each CD, so more than just the literal day of.

I was just thinking this year's Clock Day seemed way more active than last year though. :) Tempted to make a statual comparison but: time. I'm happy to see it's still going strong each of these years though, seemed like for a while it was fading, somewhere after the last redesign, in those dark and dystopian days of waning interest... but it's all coming back again. People are spending more and more time here again! Clocks. Highly relevant.

I've already made the statual comparison so you don't have to! ;D But yeah, you were right, it's not really down at all, in fact... the # of flashes was the highest since 2016 when it was also 89, as per the above.

One of these years I shall actually contribute something...

Being a fan/viewer/listener/reader of content is a contribution in itself. If there were no audience for things, artists would only enjoy their own creations and not be able to share them at all. (which some certainly do by choice... but I mean even if they want to share... they wouldn't be able to. and that would suck)

Was just about to say that! Few people probably realize at what a mysterious number they've landed when they do.

Happy Belated Birthday about 6 weeks back!

Thankee kindly, sir!

At 8/16/19 09:46 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 8/16/19 09:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote: That... would be very, very nice indeed.

I don't know what I'd do without that extra hour of sleep every winter morning though! :O Lifesaving.

But... you can still get the exact same amount of sleep, man! it just changes when the sun rises and sets. (sigh) Go to bed an hour earlier. ;)

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 12:04:25

Hey there @gfoxcook

It's been a long time.

With the help of clock day...

YOU HAVE PASSED 24000 SAVES - FASCINATING!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 12:51:56 (edited 2019-08-16 12:56:53)

At 8/16/19 12:04 PM, Fro wrote: Hey there @gfoxcook

It's been a long time.

Hey there, Fro!... who used to be... Corky? wait... Corey? or Corky? damnit, man, it's been so long since yer namechangery. :)

... I passed 24000 saves years and years ago, man. Back in the days when blams were way easier to get than saves, my #s just happened to heading for 24k and 36k so I aimed for that... but the 24k (aside from being a nice reversed nod to 42) wasn't really something I was that attached to. Just a good round number.

In fact, I just passed 35,000 a Clock Day or two or three ago, though, and am now around 35,300 after yesterday's voting. Meaning I'll be re-retiring completely once I can get it up to around 36,000 like my blam count.

I wonder how often Wade (or whoever does it these days) clears out old whistled stuff and the wrongly whistled stuff gets put back in the portal and boom, lots of people get a buncha protects all at once.

Things like that = why I'll have to creep up on 36k very very very slowly once I'm a bit closer.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 13:43:24

YOU REACHED LEVEL RANK 999 - NIFTY!

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 14:27:27

At 8/16/19 09:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

At 8/16/19 02:16 AM, Haggard wrote:

Yes, it's nice to not have to worry about the clock on the smartphone and computer. In our car it was too complicated to change the clock, so we never changed it. I don't know how easy it is in our new car, though.

At 8/16/19 09:46 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I don't know what I'd do without that extra hour of sleep every winter morning though! :O Lifesaving.

Simple, just go to bed one hour earlier. :D

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 16:21:39

At 8/16/19 12:51 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 8/16/19 12:04 PM, Fro wrote: Hey there @gfoxcook

It's been a long time.
Hey there, Fro!... who used to be... Corky? wait... Corey? or Corky? damnit, man, it's been so long since yer namechangery. :)

Yes, I use to be, and still am, all of those names said as above.

... I passed 24000 saves years and years ago, man. Back in the days when blams were way easier to get than saves, my #s just happened to heading for 24k and 36k so I aimed for that... but the 24k (aside from being a nice reversed nod to 42) wasn't really something I was that attached to. Just a good round number.

In fact, I just passed 35,000 a Clock Day or two or three ago, though, and am now around 35,300 after yesterday's voting. Meaning I'll be re-retiring completely once I can get it up to around 36,000 like my blam count.

Once I reached Supreme Commander I vowed only to vote to pass a submission if it was submitted by a friend or someone who I followed. I wanted to work on the blam to save ratio so I really only get any saves on clock day. I've probably missed out on about 10,000 saves over the years doing this and have only gain about 1-2 blams a day. I should stop worrying about the ratio and just go back to gaining the points while I still can.

I wonder how often Wade (or whoever does it these days) clears out old whistled stuff and the wrongly whistled stuff gets put back in the portal and boom, lots of people get a buncha protects all at once.

Does that actually happen? I only mod the forums and reviews, but I never saw that happen before.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 18:42:01 (edited 2019-08-16 18:51:06)

At 8/16/19 10:26 AM, gfoxcook wrote: ahaha... just meant the portal seemed a bit quiet during primetime USTZ yesterday. But I checked back a few hours later and there were a fair bit of new entries. In the end, looking at midnight to midnight on Clock Day, there were.... 89 total flashes submitted on CD19. That compared to 87, 84, 89, 85 the previous 4 years. Pretty steady as she goes there the past half-decade, eh?

Way steadier than I thought it was! Did you track numbers over the years before that as well? Curious if the activity decline I seem to remember was all in my mind. Maybe I just wasn't as active.

As for me, I went from 44 to 44 to 47 to 86 to 85 to 100+ saves and counting over the past 6 Clock Days... yes, counting a bit of saving a bit before midnight and a bit after midnight at the start/end of each CD, so more than just the literal day of.

How do you actually properly count that?

I've already made the statual comparison so you don't have to! ;D But yeah, you were right, it's not really down at all, in fact... the # of flashes was the highest since 2016 when it was also 89, as per the above.

Thanks for that! I'm bewildered, but pretty cool.

Being a fan/viewer/listener/reader of content is a contribution in itself. If there were no audience for things, artists would only enjoy their own creations and not be able to share them at all. (which some certainly do by choice... but I mean even if they want to share... they wouldn't be able to. and that would suck)

Thanks. I still want to make something though. It's easier to consume than to create, and so simply consuming feels like taking the easy route, and the easy route's not the route I want to take eternally!

Consumption feels like the eternal side hustle, but on top of that: something bigger.

Thankee kindly, sir!

But... you can still get the exact same amount of sleep, man! it just changes when the sun rises and sets. (sigh) Go to bed an hour earlier. ;)

Go to bed.... earlier?! O_O I don't... I mean that's not even...

At 8/16/19 02:27 PM, Haggard wrote: Simple, just go to bed one hour earlier. :D

Like an echo of wisdom to which I listen. :) But it's hard. Winter. So dark and dystopian. You don't really want to get up at all over here. The daylight saving shift arrives like a warm embrace, one more hour of blissful dream time each new all the more darkening dawn of day! Till you can no longer differentiate between day and night, and life is a haze between two points by which the worlds bridge and reality is obscured in a crescent crescendo.

Not that beneficial sleeping habits are currently a forte of mine either... right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-16 18:43:05

At 8/16/19 12:04 PM, Fro wrote: YOU HAVE PASSED 24000 SAVES - FASCINATING!

Not sure if that was for you or GFox but either way Congrats!

At 8/16/19 01:43 PM, ZomAlien wrote: YOU REACHED LEVEL RANK 999 - NIFTY!

Into the threes! :D Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-17 08:51:56

At 8/15/19 05:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote: ... oh... HAI, GUYZ!

Holy shit, he lives! What is up my old friend?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-19 08:21:25

500 fans!! I love each and every one of them!!

iu_48128_1568164.png

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-23 05:58:36 (edited 2019-08-23 05:58:52)

As of today Ive officially had my account for half my life

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-26 12:26:39 (edited 2019-08-26 12:33:32)

LEVEL 46 ACHIEVED

Finally got my favourite level icon too. A happy day.

iu_50864_3183493.jpg

*Edit: The Exp Points doesn't seem to have caught up in the screenshot.

*2nd Edit: Also just noticed I have 200 FANS now.

iu_50871_3183493.jpg

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-26 12:57:07

YOU HAVE PASSED 30000 HEXALIST POINTS - IMMENSE!

See ya'll again in six months!

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-26 18:59:15

This is my 13,000 post.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-08-27 20:31:33

Sergeant Major!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-01 16:33:52

Elite Guard Supreme Commander!!!

iu_52392_394292.png

Another thing to finally cross off my NG bucket list.

And the B/P total adds up to exactly 30,000!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-02 08:52:38

Level 59. Almost there!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-02 11:33:50

Woo 28k exp

I'd be much closer to hitting level 60 this time next year if I hadn't missed as many deposits as I have. Next year I'll have been a user on this god forsaken site for 10 years.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-03 10:45:47

At 9/2/19 11:33 AM, Viper wrote: Woo 28k exp

I'd be much closer to hitting level 60 this time next year if I hadn't missed as many deposits as I have. Next year I'll have been a user on this god forsaken site for 10 years.

How do you think I feel? I signed up in 2004 and missed multiple years of deposits. ;-;

But I hit a small milestone today...

YOU HAVE PASSED 20000 EXPERIENCE POINTS - MIND-BOGGLING!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-03 18:10:25

At 9/3/19 10:45 AM, Fro wrote:

How do you think I feel? I signed up in 2004 and missed multiple years of deposits. ;-;

If it makes you feel any better, my username was originally Viper50 and the old user named Viper was one from 2001 that never even used their account and I ended up getting the name in I think 2012 after shooting Tom a message asking if I could get the name change. So they would have hit level 60 like 7 years ago if they actually used their account.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-05 11:16:33

I just passed 115,000 Medal Points.

Why is that a big deal? Well it finally puts me on the top user list once again!

Unless someone else was aiming to get themselves on the list I should be in the top 200 now.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-07 12:39:04

600 blams

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-07 13:13:39

At 9/3/19 06:10 PM, Viper wrote:
At 9/3/19 10:45 AM, Fro wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, my username was originally Viper50 and the old user named Viper was one from 2001 that never even used their account and I ended up getting the name in I think 2012 after shooting Tom a message asking if I could get the name change. So they would have hit level 60 like 7 years ago if they actually used their account.

But they signed up in 2012iu_53651_2559329.png

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-07 17:15:22 (edited 2019-09-07 17:15:44)

1000 blams!iu_53695_6437468.jpg

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-09 21:43:47

YOU HAVE PASSED 9000 SAVES - PLEASING!

YOU HAVE PASSED 10000 TOTAL B/P POINTS - FINE!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2019-09-10 10:37:18

Even though one part of my userpage reads more medals, I think the smaller number is actually the accurate statistic, which means I now have 5,555 medals.

For what seems to be the second time now.