Be a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

  • 2,019,157 Views
  • 90,939 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 06:00 AM Reply

Congrats to:
Tycrane: 16,000 B/P
XxRiskiiyxBlaze: Level 23

How did I miss this yesterday? I actually have no idea how...

Coop: 97,000 B/P
Helloween: Level 41
Nemo103: 1,000 B/P
Spoopy: Level 31
Martin: 37,000 Saves
Knuckstrike: 100,000 Medal Points
rahfa: Level 33
Haggard: 900 Flash Reviews

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 07:31 AM Reply

Monday Metal Treasures - Week 43: Immortal - Antarctica

I have 75 days left until I get rid of this shitty bow. Will the redesign arrive before I reach level 50?

Listening to:

Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill

Thanks to:

philonous
Coop
Odyssic

At 10/23/11 09:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/22/11 02:42 PM, Bahamut wrote: Should we feel sorry for him? At least he's level 46. :P
Never feel sorry for polux - that would be like me not taking an opportunity to drive the knife between Afro_Stud's shoulder blades and giving it a twist. Speaking of which, what a B/P whore.

Hah! He is past 180k B/P now. I'm hoping we will get at least ten active users in the 100k range just so I can make an additional list for how long users will take to 200k B/P.

At 10/22/11 09:18 PM, Michaely385 wrote: It is such for awesome 7,000 more saves for an awesome guy to be achieving for Saves.
I think you're confusing me with someone else here - I've got over 68,000 Saves ;)

Shame he's now here to ruin this thread.

At 10/23/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I think I was paying far too much attention to your sig than to know what your achievement was. :P
Then the sig works - breasts are awesome and we should work hard to protect them. Cuddle them every day.

I've been doing that with one already. ;)

At 10/23/11 05:13 PM, philonous wrote:
At 10/23/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I will want to go to Thorpe Park someday. If we're to go to a theme park next year, we should leave Alton Towers be and go to either Blackpool Pleasure Beach (we're well overdue for another visit there) or Thorpe Park. I'm weary about Blackpool Pleasure Beach since I heard they now have park entrance fees while topping it with ride tickets. Makes you realise how generous other parks are, especially Alton Towers if we had free refills throughout the day.
I didn't realise that about Blackpool - as you say, makes all the other parks seem very generous. I'd imagine they recoup a fair bit from all the souvenir ride photos that you can buy (every time I go I tell myself I don't need another photo of me screaming my head off, and every time I end up buying one. One day I'm determined to do this)

I could have bought a ride photo but I didn't in the end. There were too many to choose from so it was best leaving it entirely. I'll get another one if it's extra special.

At 10/24/11 04:27 AM, Coop wrote: I've set it as the goal, but I need to average 43 per day for the remaining 69 days of the year. My odds aren't looking good... not unless Wade clears out the Blams before the year ends...

As for me, I'm aiming for 20k icons before the end of the year. I need 6,230 to get there so it'll be tight, especially when I have two (possibly three) live shows to see for the rest of the year. I've taken out the consideration for those days as well as Christmas so I need to make at least 105 icons a day from now until December.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 10/22/11 02:42 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/22/11 09:28 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/19/11 07:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: As a matter of fact, yes but it still doesn't stop me from thinking you've been planning to make a Manowar post all along.
This would be one of the greatest troll posts ever. But no, I never intented to do a post about Manowar. Not even for april fools day.
Maybe I can write it myself.

Do that. But I guess I won't read it. :P

But you speak English well.
Good enough for a little small talk here and there, but not good enough to really grasp the finer subtleties (wait, that's a tautology now, isn't it?) of the language. Sometimes I get the true meaning of a phrase only years later, after I have used it myself quite often. But of course I don't have an example at hand right now.
You're still good at English. Much better than the majority of English primary speakers.

You only say that because you haven't heard me speaking yet. :P

Our arguments, of course.
I still don't get the context, I'm afraid. :(
Holy shit man, don't you remember how we list all our debates like Manowar and the shitblade?

Ah, now I get it.

At 10/22/11 04:13 PM, Auz wrote:
At 10/19/11 05:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/17/11 04:07 PM, Auz wrote: He always played well against everybody ^^
One more reason to hate him. >:(
Or love him if he's on your side :)

But he never was! >:(

Indeed. Someone must've stolen our idea.
So we have a case of theft of intellectual property. This is not nice.
They should cut off their... brains!

And join our zombie army. Yeah!

Where is our army of flame proof gooy zombies armed with segways and laser beams?
Didn't you have them stacked in your garage somewhere? >.>

I don't even have a garage!

I think I'm intimidating enough >:)
I hope so.
Though my hair is a bit fluffy at the moment...

As long as you don't wear pink shirts it will be all right.

I thought this was a gas station >.> <.<
It is, but we live in the back. So you are standing in our front door, so to speak.
You live in this place? Really?

Home is where your heart is.

Well expect me then... tonight! >:)

I will. Be sure to bring some cookies!

At 10/23/11 09:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/22/11 09:28 AM, Haggard wrote: Or I could put it this way: Without the help of sites like dict.leo.org or dict.cc I would be pretty much lost sometimes. Especially Coop tends to use words I never heard before. ^^
Why do I always have to be the scapegoat around here? I know that my vocabulary is exemplary, but that is completely missing the point here. I'm still just one of the lads.

Hey, you help me to extend my vocabulary. So everything is all right! ;)

At 10/20/11 05:12 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/19/11 05:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/18/11 04:12 AM, Coop wrote: Yours would be better than mine - I end up sounding like the German officers from Allo Allo :P
And yet another show I never heard of. :(
This should be more concise.
Seems like the show was aired in 2010 on a station I rarely watch. Also I would guess that most of the jokes are lost in translation.
For some reason, most of the jokes are, but that's because translating good morning in an English accent (i.e. in French) to "good moaning" in a French accent (i.e. Englishman speaking poor French) doesn't translate well.

Mostly it's because naturally all characters in a german dub speak german. But this is sometimes very weird. For example in the Bond movie "Octopussy" where James is in Germany and borrows a car from some german tourists. They act as if they don't understand him (because he's speaking english in the original) and yet he talks german the whole time in the dubbed version. So, why do the tourists don't understand Bond if he's talking their languange the whole time?

I would assume that morning and moaning are different in German, thus they don't sound alike.

"Morgen" and "Jammer"... no, doesn't sound alike. ^^

Another example would be MASH, where many word plays got lost.
Pierce to Burns: "Take a walk, Major!"
BJ to Bursn: "Take a major walk!"
Doesn't work in german. :(


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Michaely385
Michaely385
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 07:26 PM Reply

Wow, this just get like a little better.

At 10/23/11 12:59 PM, Michaely385 wrote: Well, it is pretty about this...........................
At 10/22/11 11:45 AM, Coop wrote:
I think you're confusing me with someone else here - I've got over 68,000 Saves ;)
Oh thanks Coop, i thought you have 17,000 Saves!
Well, you just corrected me. You are such an awesome guy with 51,000 more saves that you just corrected me.
You're such a crawler. Get your head out of my arse and just learn to proof read before you post ;)

Oh, so you have OVER 68,000 saves. Wow, thanks. BTW, what?

juansolous
juansolous
  • Member since: Aug. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 10:59 PM Reply

level: 35


I love hunting for Blam points!!!

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 12:50 AM Reply

You passed 24000 B/P! Congrats!

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 04:18 AM Reply

Coop gets unsighted by NG Maintenance. before congratulating:
juansolous: Level 35
Jolly: 24,000 B/P

Listening to:
City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra - Back to the Future Theme

Thank you to:
Odyssic

At 10/24/11 07:31 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/23/11 09:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/22/11 02:42 PM, Bahamut wrote: Should we feel sorry for him? At least he's level 46. :P
Never feel sorry for polux - that would be like me not taking an opportunity to drive the knife between Afro_Stud's shoulder blades and giving it a twist. Speaking of which, what a B/P whore.
Hah! He is past 180k B/P now. I'm hoping we will get at least ten active users in the 100k range just so I can make an additional list for how long users will take to 200k B/P.

It'll be somewhere approaching 10 years for me :P

At 10/22/11 09:18 PM, Michaely385 wrote: It is such for awesome 7,000 more saves for an awesome guy to be achieving for Saves.
I think you're confusing me with someone else here - I've got over 68,000 Saves ;)
Shame he's now here to ruin this thread.

We've faced off such perils as darknessdweller, so why not this one as well?

At 10/23/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I think I was paying far too much attention to your sig than to know what your achievement was. :P
Then the sig works - breasts are awesome and we should work hard to protect them. Cuddle them every day.
I've been doing that with one already. ;)

Cuddling one breast every day? What sort of freak are you dating?

At 10/24/11 03:53 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/23/11 09:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/22/11 09:28 AM, Haggard wrote: Or I could put it this way: Without the help of sites like dict.leo.org or dict.cc I would be pretty much lost sometimes. Especially Coop tends to use words I never heard before. ^^
Why do I always have to be the scapegoat around here? I know that my vocabulary is exemplary, but that is completely missing the point here. I'm still just one of the lads.
Hey, you help me to extend my vocabulary. So everything is all right! ;)

In that case sir, may I be the first to express my humble contrafibularities?

At 10/20/11 05:12 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/19/11 05:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/18/11 04:12 AM, Coop wrote: Yours would be better than mine - I end up sounding like the German officers from Allo Allo :P
And yet another show I never heard of. :(
This should be more concise.
Seems like the show was aired in 2010 on a station I rarely watch. Also I would guess that most of the jokes are lost in translation.
For some reason, most of the jokes are, but that's because translating good morning in an English accent (i.e. in French) to "good moaning" in a French accent (i.e. Englishman speaking poor French) doesn't translate well.
Mostly it's because naturally all characters in a german dub speak german. But this is sometimes very weird. For example in the Bond movie "Octopussy" where James is in Germany and borrows a car from some german tourists. They act as if they don't understand him (because he's speaking english in the original) and yet he talks german the whole time in the dubbed version. So, why do the tourists don't understand Bond if he's talking their languange the whole time?

Ah, the magic of Hollywood :P

I would assume that morning and moaning are different in German, thus they don't sound alike.
"Morgen" and "Jammer"... no, doesn't sound alike. ^^

Exactly - these sorts of subtle jokes are lost in translation. I suspect they are not as funny if your first language is not English.

At 10/24/11 07:26 PM, Michaely385 wrote: Oh, so you have OVER 68,000 saves. Wow, thanks. BTW, what?

If you quoted properly, you'd know what I was talking about - you quoted Addict and for some reason, you responded to me, saying that I had 17,000 Saves and you congratulated me for it.

You need more practice with the elementary aspects of posting on the BBS - read first, write later.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Pokemonpoeguygcn
Pokemonpoeguygcn
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 06:27 AM Reply

You passed 80,000 Total Points. Bodacious!

Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 06:34 AM Reply

"I'm going to get those killer sai"

Level 35


Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature
sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Programmer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 06:57 AM Reply

You entered the top 300 in B/P Points. Outstanding!


BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 08:30 AM Reply

Congrats to:
juansolous: Level 35
Jolly: 24,000 B/P
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 80,000 Total Points
Hemlok: Level 35
sandwich-eater: Rank 300 in B/P

At 10/25/11 04:18 AM, Coop wrote: Coop gets unsighted by NG Maintenance. before congratulating:

Same, I thought redesign...

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 10:15 AM Reply

Lou Reed & Metallica's Lulu album = Comedy gold!

Listening to:

Cathedral - The VIIth Coming

At 10/24/11 03:53 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/22/11 02:42 PM, Bahamut wrote: Maybe I can write it myself.
Do that. But I guess I won't read it. :P

You didn't even see the Monday Metal Treasures post for Manowar?

You're still good at English. Much better than the majority of English primary speakers.
You only say that because you haven't heard me speaking yet. :P

Come to a meet with us and we'll debate then.

Holy shit man, don't you remember how we list all our debates like Manowar and the shitblade?
Ah, now I get it.

So the latest addition is... Whatever the hell we were talking about.

At 10/25/11 04:18 AM, Coop wrote: Coop gets unsighted by NG Maintenance. before congratulating:

It's never the redesign if it says that.

At 10/24/11 07:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: Hah! He is past 180k B/P now. I'm hoping we will get at least ten active users in the 100k range just so I can make an additional list for how long users will take to 200k B/P.
It'll be somewhere approaching 10 years for me :P

To get to 200k B/P? We'll see how we are in 2021.

Shame he's now here to ruin this thread.
We've faced off such perils as darknessdweller, so why not this one as well?

We could do without the aspies.

I've been doing that with one already. ;)
Cuddling one breast every day? What sort of freak are you dating?

By one, I meant an individual with a pair of tits. I don't know


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 10:25 AM Reply

26,000 BP

only 4,000 to go

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
philonous
philonous
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 01:23 PM Reply

I just hit level 17- one of my least favourite icons, but then that's good incentive to keep depositing.

Congratulations to:
rahfa - level 33
Haggard - 900 flash reviews
juansolous - level 35
Jolly - 24,000 B/P
Pokemonpoeguygcn - 80,000 total points
Hemlok - level 35
sandwich-eater - top 300 in B/P
SCTE3 - 26,000 B/P

At 10/24/11 04:27 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/23/11 05:13 PM, philonous wrote: Coop - 97,000 B/P (100k before the end of the year?)
I've set it as the goal, but I need to average 43 per day for the remaining 69 days of the year. My odds aren't looking good... not unless Wade clears out the Blams before the year ends...

That's a touch average to maintain, particularly with Christmas in the way as well. Best of luck with it.

At 10/23/11 09:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/22/11 06:39 PM, philonous wrote:
At 10/22/11 08:33 AM, Coop wrote: Of course, you've got accounts like LevelOneAccount, one of Afro_Stud's many alts, which hasn't got above Level 1 :P
True, but I can see the appeal for that approach - I've always had a soft spot for the plunger icon...
I've had a soft spot for Level 32's morningstar, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my levels to get it.
I would have to think carefully about whether I wanted to level-up past the level 43 morningstar. Happily that's not a decision that I will have to make for a long long time.
Been and gone, my friend. Been and gone.

Okay okay, don't rub it in ;-)


BBS Signature
Nemo103
Nemo103
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 01:55 PM Reply

Entered the Top 8.000 B/P

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 06:36 PM Reply

22,000 Posts

Now I said to Bahamut that I'd reach this on Tuesday, though I didn't mean to cut it so fine.

Time for bed, lots of meetings tomorrow.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Nemo103
Nemo103
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 09:03 PM Reply

1k total saves!

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 11:07 PM Reply

Level 32.


New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 12:03 AM Reply

Not just two shurkiens but three of them! Three!!

I am now level 34.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
DrHood
DrHood
  • Member since: May. 5, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 12:41 AM Reply

I'm over 22k experience now, my does time fly.


Ignore this signature.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 12:51 AM Reply

You passed 13000 Experience Points. Good job!

LadyX
LadyX
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Filmmaker
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 04:41 AM Reply

Thanks for voting, LadyX! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 15,200 experience points.You need 0 more to get to Level 38.

FIGMENTUM
FIGMENTUM
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 06:02 AM Reply

At 10/26/11 04:41 AM, LadyX wrote: With that vote, you now have 15,200 experience points.You need 0 more to get to Level 38.

Haha at least yours makes some semblance of sense. Usually when I level up I get told I need -5 to next level. Not that I'm trying to complain about having too much experience, haha.

Speaking of, does anyone else get that sinking feeling that the redesign's gonna launch just before they level up? I'm nearing level 51 and knowing my luck the entire level structure will change the day I log on for my final deposit as a gold shuriken wielder.

I do take comfort in the fact that it wasn't too long ago JohnnyUtah was asking for suggestions for the new level designs but still... one can't help but think. ; )


I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 07:15 AM Reply

Congrats to:
SCTE3: 26,000 B/P, Level 34
philonous: Level 17
Coop: 22,000 Posts
Nemo103: 1,000 Saves
BrianEtrius: Level 32
DrHood: 22,000 Experience
sushi13: 13,000 Experience
LadyX: Level 38

At 10/26/11 06:02 AM, FIGMENTUM wrote: I do take comfort in the fact that it wasn't too long ago JohnnyUtah was asking for suggestions for the new level designs but still... one can't help but think. ; )

Here is something, does anyone actually know apart from small details what the redesign will be like? I remember the last redesign and we heard a lot about it.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 01:38 PM Reply

Listening to:

Cathedral - Caravan Beyond Redemption

At 10/25/11 06:36 PM, Coop wrote: 22,000 Posts

Now I said to Bahamut that I'd reach this on Tuesday, though I didn't mean to cut it so fine.

At least you're good at predictions. I made 2,000 icons this month alone yesterday so I'm happy.

At 10/26/11 06:02 AM, FIGMENTUM wrote: Speaking of, does anyone else get that sinking feeling that the redesign's gonna launch just before they level up? I'm nearing level 51 and knowing my luck the entire level structure will change the day I log on for my final deposit as a gold shuriken wielder.

The sooner they finish the redesign the better. Over 100 days of the shitty cupid is too much to bear.

I do take comfort in the fact that it wasn't too long ago JohnnyUtah was asking for suggestions for the new level designs but still... one can't help but think. ; )

It makes me think they are close to completion since I assume level icons are merely low priority for them.

At 10/26/11 07:15 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 10/26/11 06:02 AM, FIGMENTUM wrote: I do take comfort in the fact that it wasn't too long ago JohnnyUtah was asking for suggestions for the new level designs but still... one can't help but think. ; )
Here is something, does anyone actually know apart from small details what the redesign will be like? I remember the last redesign and we heard a lot about it.

We had a screenshot leak but that's it. Anything else, it's just been the odd things the staff have blurted out but they could be kidding around.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 10/25/11 04:18 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/24/11 03:53 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/23/11 09:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/22/11 09:28 AM, Haggard wrote: Or I could put it this way: Without the help of sites like dict.leo.org or dict.cc I would be pretty much lost sometimes. Especially Coop tends to use words I never heard before. ^^
Why do I always have to be the scapegoat around here? I know that my vocabulary is exemplary, but that is completely missing the point here. I'm still just one of the lads.
Hey, you help me to extend my vocabulary. So everything is all right! ;)
In that case sir, may I be the first to express my humble contrafibularities?

Ah, but this isn't a word you'd find in any dictionary (except for urban dictionary). Anyway, the word "contrafibularities" seems to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.


At 10/20/11 05:12 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/19/11 05:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/18/11 04:12 AM, Coop wrote: Yours would be better than mine - I end up sounding like the German officers from Allo Allo :P
And yet another show I never heard of. :(
This should be more concise.
Seems like the show was aired in 2010 on a station I rarely watch. Also I would guess that most of the jokes are lost in translation.
For some reason, most of the jokes are, but that's because translating good morning in an English accent (i.e. in French) to "good moaning" in a French accent (i.e. Englishman speaking poor French) doesn't translate well.
Mostly it's because naturally all characters in a german dub speak german. But this is sometimes very weird. For example in the Bond movie "Octopussy" where James is in Germany and borrows a car from some german tourists. They act as if they don't understand him (because he's speaking english in the original) and yet he talks german the whole time in the dubbed version. So, why do the tourists don't understand Bond if he's talking their languange the whole time?
Ah, the magic of Hollywood :P

Yes. Magic. That's what we can see every day in video games when some extraterrestrian species suddendly speaks perfect english.
Either magic or it's the babelfish.

I would assume that morning and moaning are different in German, thus they don't sound alike.
"Morgen" and "Jammer"... no, doesn't sound alike. ^^
Exactly - these sorts of subtle jokes are lost in translation. I suspect they are not as funny if your first language is not English.

But it's funny if you see something that is supposed to be german but doesn't make any sense at all. For example in Hogan's Heroes there where boxes that had "Dies Ende auf" written on them, supposedly a translation of "this end up". Well it is a translation, but a word-by-word one. "Dies Ende auf" doesn't make any sense. ^^

At 10/25/11 10:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: Lou Reed & Metallica's Lulu album = Comedy gold!

What's even more comedy gold: "Lulu" is a word that kids in german speaking countries (mostly austria, I think) use when they want to say "I have to pee"!

At 10/24/11 03:53 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/22/11 02:42 PM, Bahamut wrote: Maybe I can write it myself.
Do that. But I guess I won't read it. :P
You didn't even see the Monday Metal Treasures post for Manowar?

Nope.

You're still good at English. Much better than the majority of English primary speakers.
You only say that because you haven't heard me speaking yet. :P
Come to a meet with us and we'll debate then.

Ok, there's a very very very VERY small chance that I am in Manchester on December 7th for the champions league match Man City vs Bayern Munich. I bet there's some time before or after the game where we could meet for a pint or two. How does that sound?

Holy shit man, don't you remember how we list all our debates like Manowar and the shitblade?
Ah, now I get it.
So the latest addition is... Whatever the hell we were talking about.

Yes. But PAL IS the better system, no matter how you put it. ;)


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 04:42 PM Reply

Listening to:
The Dire Straits - Love over Gold
Ennio Morricone - Once Upon A Time in the West soundtrack

Both on LP :D

At 10/23/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/22/11 04:13 PM, Auz wrote:
At 10/18/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote:
It is. And I can imagine the fights even being more awesome in 3D on the PS2.
As a 3D battle, yes. With the 3D effect, not even necessary.

Until we get awesome VR goggles that won't give you a severe headache after playing for five minutes, I sincerely hope the gaming industry will not bother with this BS.

At 10/23/11 09:08 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/22/11 04:13 PM, Auz wrote: I see. It would've been nice to see him at work at one of the top clubs in England. Though on the other hand, it's not like he possible could've done any better than he did with Nottingham.
He was the greatest manager that England never had. He would have changed the system and we'd have probably won the World Cup again.

Heh, likewise I think Cruijff is the best manager Holland never had. Some say he just missed the balls and was afraid to go from hero to zero if he failed to be succesful with the Dutch team.

At 10/24/11 03:53 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/22/11 04:13 PM, Auz wrote: Or love him if he's on your side :)
But he never was! >:(

No he never took a trip to Bayern did he? I think his career was pretty much Ajax, Juventus, Man United. Tough luck for you then, but hey, at least you've had Olivier Kahn and now Neuer.

They should cut off their... brains!
And join our zombie army. Yeah!

Oooooh a zombie division. I like the sound of that idea. Always handy for ... times when we need slow moving... brainless... smelly units for our operations.

Didn't you have them stacked in your garage somewhere? >.>
I don't even have a garage!

In the basement then? Don't tell me you lost them...

Though my hair is a bit fluffy at the moment...
As long as you don't wear pink shirts it will be all right.

But pink is so totally my colour ^.^

You live in this place? Really?
Home is where your heart is.

At a fucking gas station? 0.0

Well expect me then... tonight! >:)
I will. Be sure to bring some cookies!

Uh... yeah sure. Not like they're going to do you any good.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 05:49 PM Reply

*groans*

I don't feel too good

But Bender, it's time for our pre launch sundaes!

*groans*

Anyway, that little skit aside, I've been laid low with the mother of all stomach bugs and I'm struggling to post just this at the moment. List tomorrow...


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 05:49 PM, Coop wrote:
Anyway, that little skit aside, I've been laid low with the mother of all stomach bugs and I'm struggling to post just this at the moment. List tomorrow...

Hope you feel better soon then. I've had the stomach bug a couple of times and it never feels good. I guess it is not as bad as strep throat. Then there was swine flu, not sure if I had it when that stupid scare was going on for something hardly affecting people, might have just been strep throat again. Case in point, having a stomach bug or strep throat never feels good.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
philonous
philonous
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 06:07 PM Reply

Congratulations to:
Coop - 22,000 posts
Nemo103 - 1000 saves
BrianEtrius - Level 32
SCTE3 - Level 34
DrHood - 22,000 Experience
Sushi13 - 13,000 experience
LadyX - level 38

Thanks to:
Odyssic


BBS Signature