Be a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

  • 2,374,341 Views
  • 91,790 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 01:33:14 Reply

At 4/22/11 01:04 AM, letiger wrote: But, why is it that, when I'm reading, I'm reading about things that seem to be completely off-topic. Take this page that I skimmed through, for example. I saw something about federal and state governments. That dosen't seem right. So, why is it allowed that this topic be a place for random, if not semi-intelliectual, conversations?

I've wondered the same thing. Can anybody participate in these discussions, or say "Congrats to:"?

reverend
reverend
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 01:58:45 Reply

At 4/21/11 04:16 AM, Coop wrote: Home runs aren't always pretty. I mean last week Jeter hit a bomb that the wind pulled back maybe 10-15 yards and he was caught before the warning track.

In 162 games, scrappy comes into it. We played finesse in 2009, going 19 games straight without an error.

I was kind of referring to their play in general, you know small ball, bunting, etc.

Hopefully it will be their [Nuggets] year :P

We'll see but it looks like most of the experts are already writing them off. Durantula is going to strike again.

At 4/21/11 04:40 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah you hear about the differences in state laws sometimes. Primarily about gun laws, but also about drug policies and other controversial issues.

Anyway, some stores not wanting to sell it to you doesn't sound like a big problem to me. If they don't want your money, just go next door.

Yeah states like California are pretty loose with their drug laws especially pot while more conservative states tend to be pretty strict. The opposite is true with gun laws between Cali and conservative states.

I find just driving a bit further into Texas to those store will often remedy that problem. I think they just have an issue with younger kids trying to by alcohol.

Yeah, I think most technical universities almost solely focus on engineering and scientific research. They might have some collaboration programs with other universities though. For example, I had an option for a minor in medicine. Sounded pretty cool to me, but I don't think I will have much benefit of that knowledge.

I never looked up their degree course since they were well out of my budget but I'm sure if not at MIT, but other regional and public universities nearby offer some courses that she'd might be interested in.

Exactly. It's mainly the vet bills that can pose a big issue, although I don't think I'd like to miss the money that goes to cat food either. Oh well, she'll just have to wait until we're both done studying and get proper jobs.

Well you can't pet money, heh. No telling how much money dog food I buy my dog in a month but he returns the favor of being a loyal friend. Instead of a cat how about some fish?

At 4/22/11 01:04 AM, letiger wrote: That dosen't seem right. So, why is it allowed that this topic be a place for random, if not semi-intelliectual, conversations?

Only discussion of Manowar is allowed in this thread.

Or is it the fact that the word "Lounge" allows for this?

But really, you can discuss anything you please here, just as so long as it isn't blatant spam and remember that we tend to only post once a day.


Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 06:28:34 Reply

27,000 Medal Points.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 07:09:47 Reply

Right, I have Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat 9, what to play?

Congrats to:
Valjylmyr: Level 20
NewsReporter: 13,000 Experience
jonthomson: 19,000 B/P
WilhelmTheVampire: 6,666 Blams
WeHaveFreshCookies: Level 26

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 08:25:42 Reply

Listening to:

The Black Mages - The Black Mages III: Darkness and Starlight

At 4/21/11 04:40 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote: Drugs, that's what.
Now that's just silly.

Of course it is. That's why I say it's one the same level of badness as Valentine's Day.

I already stated on the news post that there's too much filler in it.
Oh well, what can you expect? He's an actor, not a musician.

At least it transfers better than wrestlers going to movies.

And they didn't get round to finishing off their latest season.
They didn't, did they? I can't remember the last time there was a Star Day.

Heh, funny you mention Star Day. I believe it's in a few days time. Let's see who even bothers to make a flash for that day.

At 4/22/11 07:09 AM, Odyssic wrote: Right, I have Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat 9, what to play?

Portal 2. I'm on chapter 8 and everything about it has been great, even if the game will end up being quite short.

At 4/22/11 01:58 AM, reverend wrote:
At 4/22/11 01:04 AM, letiger wrote: That dosen't seem right. So, why is it allowed that this topic be a place for random, if not semi-intelliectual, conversations?
Only discussion of Manowar is allowed in this thread.

HAIL, HAIL, HAIL AND KILL!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Helloween
Helloween
  • Member since: Jan. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 09:03:59 Reply

I'm the president of showbiz, my name is Charlie
I'm a cocksucking asshole, that's what they call me
Here from my Hollywood tower I rule
I'm a lying motherfucker, the chainsaw's my tool

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 09:04:06 Reply

Coop gets his Easter break underway with some World Championship Snooker. Congratulations to:
Valjylmyr: Level 20
NewsReporter: 13,000 Experience
sandwich-eater: 8.88 Total Voting Power
jonthomsom: 19,000 B/P
WilhelmThevampire: 6,666 Blams
WeHaveFreshCookies: Level 26

Listening to:
Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
Metallica - I Disappear
Alice Cooper - Between High School and Old School

Thank you to:
Odyssic
Bahamut

At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/21/11 03:01 AM, Coop wrote: Up here in the rarefied air, I've now made it to another plateau - 90,000 B/P
Excellent work Coop! I'm sure you can reach 100k by the end of the year.

Nip and tuck for that - an average of 43 points per day is required. With Clock Day in there as well, I might get it by Xmas :P

At 4/21/11 04:16 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/20/11 04:27 AM, Bahamut wrote: Maybe so but when it came to him having to run the country, it might have been overwhelming. Although, the resignation of Tony Blair didn't all happen at once. Meh, I'm sure Brown would have managed it well by now or rather better than what Clegg and Cameron are doing right now.
Yeah, we'd have spent our way out of recession, keeping people in work, so that they can pay taxes and reduce the deficit. Sure, the way that the Tories have employed works, but it keeps the poor poor and the rich don't give a fuck, because they live off the interest.
And that's the tories in the nutshell. I hate this country.

Try not to let it get to you. That's how I've lived for the past 10+ years.

At 4/22/11 01:04 AM, letiger wrote: Take this page that I skimmed through, for example. I saw something about federal and state governments. That dosen't seem right. So, why is it allowed that this topic be a place for random, if not semi-intelliectual, conversations?

Or is it the fact that the word "Lounge" allows for this?

No, that's the meaning of the word "lounge", that you've stumbled upon. *Xbox achievement noise*

At 4/22/11 01:33 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I've wondered the same thing. Can anybody participate in these discussions, or say "Congrats to:"?

Yes to both - just follow mine and Odyssic's lead for the congrats lists.

At 4/22/11 01:58 AM, reverend wrote:
At 4/21/11 04:16 AM, Coop wrote: Home runs aren't always pretty. I mean last week Jeter hit a bomb that the wind pulled back maybe 10-15 yards and he was caught before the warning track.

In 162 games, scrappy comes into it. We played finesse in 2009, going 19 games straight without an error.
I was kind of referring to their play in general, you know small ball, bunting, etc.

Well, we would have planned for that, if Gardner wasn't playing a little off at the moment.

Hopefully it will be their [Nuggets] year :P
We'll see but it looks like most of the experts are already writing them off. Durantula is going to strike again.

*sigh*


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 10:20:06 Reply

At 4/22/11 01:58 AM, reverend wrote:
At 4/22/11 01:04 AM, letiger wrote: That dosen't seem right. So, why is it allowed that this topic be a place for random, if not semi-intelliectual, conversations?
Only discussion of Manowar is allowed in this thread.

I disagree on the grounds that Manowar is not that great.

But really, you can discuss anything you please here, just as so long as it isn't blatant spam and remember that we tend to only post once a day.

I guess that's fair, so thanks. I needed clarification on that.

At 4/22/11 09:04 AM, Coop wrote:
No, that's the meaning of the word "lounge", that you've stumbled upon. *Xbox achievement noise*

I kind of knew what the word "lounge" meant before this. It's just that I've never applied it to this thread before yesterday.

At 4/22/11 01:33 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I've wondered the same thing. Can anybody participate in these discussions, or say "Congrats to:"?
Yes to both - just follow mine and Odyssic's lead for the congrats lists.

But what if you're not posting congratulations lists?

This was a test

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 12:13:59 Reply

At 4/21/11 03:01 AM, Coop wrote: Up here in the rarefied air, I've now made it to another plateau - 90,000 B/P

I think I can see another corpse of a long dead B/Per just over the next ridge. I'll move to investigate, but the air is getting thin here and I'm not sure how long it's going to take.

Take a Viagra, I hear its good for helping deal with altitude sickness.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 13:58:09 Reply

At 4/20/11 04:04 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/20/11 02:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/19/11 04:15 PM, Auz wrote: Wait, no bock beers? I thought that'd be popular in Germany during the Oktoberfesten. 4.9% is also a bit on the light side for regular beers compared to the ones available in Holland.
I'm sure there are some bock beers in Germany (and of course Altbier), but I don't drink them. Mostly I drink Pils (or Pilsner).
Well you're supposed to drink it in the autumn, but while I know a lot of beer drinkers, I think none of them likes bock beers all that much. I think they also prefer pils or white beer in the summer (from the tap). While I really don't like beer all that much, I have to hand it to them that white beer is pretty good stuff on a warm summer day.

I never heard of beer that is supposed for certain seasons, lol. I drink pils be it spring, summer, autumn or winter. >_>

Also, even 6% would be really mild if you compare it to stuff you can get in Poland. ^^
Why am I not surprised?

I don't know. But I am not surprised you don't find any labels saying "brewed in adherence to the Reinheitsgebot" on beer that has 20% or more... ^^

At 4/15/11 02:23 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/13/11 03:19 PM, Haggard wrote:
Alright, if you say so :p
What, you don't believe me? :(
Considering Bahamut is this close to banning your ass for saying he said Manowar sucked... you don't sound very trustworthy to me :p

I have proof!
Look here and don't mind the date. ;)

At 4/21/11 04:16 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/20/11 02:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/19/11 04:01 AM, Coop wrote: Either that, or Duel of the Planeswalkers, since I've downloaded the demo fo that and all...
Do you own a PS3? If so, we could play against each other via PSN (if it is possible to invite someone, never played online before).
No, I'm still on a dodgy PS2, because a 14" screen would never do it justice.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Right now my PS3 is hooked to an old Commodore Screen, which just looks awful. I can't even read the text on the screen sometimes. o_O
Yeah, the screen at Bex' was like that - huge, but not capable of decent quality, so we just had to put up with it, despite how bad it made Fallout New Vegas

Yes, that what it was like on the old TV. It is quite large, but it's no HDTV. So the quality suffers a lot.

At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/20/11 02:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/20/11 04:27 AM, Bahamut wrote: Fun fact: Celebrating 4/20 is almost as pointless as celebrating Valentine's Day.
There isn't any reason to celebrate 4/20 if you are from germany/austria anyway. It's Adolf Hitler's Birthday. >_>
I'd move over there but it wouldn't shut up all the potheads about 420. :P

The bad thing is that potheads don't shut up no matter what date it is.

That's it, you're banned!!!!
I smell abuse of mod powers here!
Oh wait, I can still post, it was just an empty threat. Phew.
Try again.

Your mod tools seem to be broken.

You keep bashing them for being homosexual, though.
I keep bashing them for being gay
Same thing!

Nope. Look at the pic you posted. They look awfully gay, no matter what. Try to find a picture where they don't look gay, it's just not possible.
Also, my uncle is a homosexual. But neither he nor his boyfriend look only HALF as gay as manowar. :P

Yeah, Bathory was the first black metal band as well as leading the way to many bands using the viking metal term.
Exactly. Bloodbath seems to be very unknown even though they are a supergroup.
How does the music compare with Opeth?

Well, no clean vocals for Bloodbath. And of course the songs aren't so complex.

But with the film, you'd think they'd get a major label covering them now.
I don't know where they are signed now. But I think they want to focus on producing new albums instead of re-releasing the old ones.
But new fans who saw the film will want to pick up all their albums so surely they most reprint them. Otherwise, people will only take the piracy route.

Whatever it may be. It sucks that Metal on Metal is so expensive. :(


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-22 15:14:33 Reply

When are medal points congratulated now? Every 5,000?

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 00:03:38 Reply

Level 27 had been my favourite level icon on Newgrounds since before I can remember. Well, I got it.


// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature
Food123
Food123
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 00:24:00 Reply

I'm on level 16 now


Having Peace is Fabulous

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 05:42:23 Reply

Listening to:

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer

At 4/22/11 09:04 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote: Excellent work Coop! I'm sure you can reach 100k by the end of the year.
Nip and tuck for that - an average of 43 points per day is required. With Clock Day in there as well, I might get it by Xmas :P

Don't forget Pico Day next week. Sure, it might be just a slight boost but it'll help.

And that's the tories in the nutshell. I hate this country.
Try not to let it get to you. That's how I've lived for the past 10+ years.

Why should I have any respect for the population in the UK?

At 4/22/11 10:20 AM, letiger wrote:
At 4/22/11 01:58 AM, reverend wrote: Only discussion of Manowar is allowed in this thread.
I disagree on the grounds that Manowar is not that great.

That is a bannable offence.

At 4/22/11 01:58 PM, Haggard wrote: Look here and don't mind the date. ;)

Apr. 1, 2010

Whoops!

At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd move over there but it wouldn't shut up all the potheads about 420. :P
The bad thing is that potheads don't shut up no matter what date it is.

Those potheads should be taken to rehab. :P

Try again.
Your mod tools seem to be broken.

That explains why I haven't been able to ban you for homophobia.

Also, my uncle is a homosexual. But neither he nor his boyfriend look only HALF as gay as manowar. :P

You do know Rob Halford is gay, right?

How does the music compare with Opeth?
Well, no clean vocals for Bloodbath. And of course the songs aren't so complex.

Sounds more... death metal, amirite?

But new fans who saw the film will want to pick up all their albums so surely they most reprint them. Otherwise, people will only take the piracy route.
Whatever it may be. It sucks that Metal on Metal is so expensive. :(

If it's worth the £16 I should get it. Otherwise, I dunno.

At 4/22/11 03:14 PM, Jolly wrote: When are medal points congratulated now? Every 5,000?

I recommend only counting for every 5,000. Otherwise you could be making a new achievement every day.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 06:56:57 Reply

Coop takes a break from his experiment to put a Frog in space, to congratulate:
Makeshift: Level 27
Food123: Level 16

At 4/22/11 10:20 AM, letiger wrote:
At 4/22/11 09:04 AM, Coop wrote: No, that's the meaning of the word "lounge", that you've stumbled upon. *Xbox achievement noise*
I kind of knew what the word "lounge" meant before this. It's just that I've never applied it to this thread before yesterday.

...

At 4/22/11 01:33 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I've wondered the same thing. Can anybody participate in these discussions, or say "Congrats to:"?
Yes to both - just follow mine and Odyssic's lead for the congrats lists.
But what if you're not posting congratulations lists?

We don't need to show you how to have a conversation on the BBS, do we?

At 4/22/11 12:13 PM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 4/21/11 03:01 AM, Coop wrote: Up here in the rarefied air, I've now made it to another plateau - 90,000 B/P

I think I can see another corpse of a long dead B/Per just over the next ridge. I'll move to investigate, but the air is getting thin here and I'm not sure how long it's going to take.
Take a Viagra, I hear its good for helping deal with altitude sickness.

Aaw, but then I'll get horny for Sherpas again.

At 4/22/11 03:14 PM, Jolly wrote: When are medal points congratulated now? Every 5,000?

Pretty much - some people were (and still are :P) coming in every day with another 1,000 medal points added.

At 4/23/11 05:42 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/22/11 09:04 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote: Excellent work Coop! I'm sure you can reach 100k by the end of the year.
Nip and tuck for that - an average of 43 points per day is required. With Clock Day in there as well, I might get it by Xmas :P
Don't forget Pico Day next week. Sure, it might be just a slight boost but it'll help.

Yeah, I'm off work as well, so that should be fun :D

And that's the tories in the nutshell. I hate this country.
Try not to let it get to you. That's how I've lived for the past 10+ years.
Why should I have any respect for the population in the UK?

Because you're English, dear boy! Dragon, or not, today is St. George's Day and I've just realised why you might not be patriotic...


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 07:56:10 Reply

Congrats to:
Helloween: Level 39
Makeshift: Level 27
Food123: Level 16

At 4/22/11 08:25 AM, Bahamut wrote: Portal 2. I'm on chapter 8 and everything about it has been great, even if the game will end up being quite short.

Me and my friend started the co-op, I need to complain about the loading screens, there are so many of them and it takes a long time sometimes. Single player loading screens are better, but there are still a lot of them.

At 4/22/11 03:14 PM, Jolly wrote: When are medal points congratulated now? Every 5,000?

I feel every 10,000, far to easy to get 1,000 these days.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 09:52:02 Reply

Hey Bahamut, Coop and Auz. I need your help again. I think I won't be able to deposit on Sunday and Monday, so it would be cool if one of you could jump in for me.
Password is still the same. ;)

Listening to:
Die Ärzte - Lieber Tee

At 4/23/11 05:42 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/22/11 01:58 PM, Haggard wrote: Look here and don't mind the date. ;)
Apr. 1, 2010

Whoops!

That's why I said he shouldn't mind the date. :P

At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd move over there but it wouldn't shut up all the potheads about 420. :P
The bad thing is that potheads don't shut up no matter what date it is.
Those potheads should be taken to rehab. :P

Wow, a pothead rehab would be no fun place to work at. Most potheads tend to get very agressive if they don't get their "dose" of pot.

Try again.
Your mod tools seem to be broken.
That explains why I haven't been able to ban you for homophobia.

First of all I never knew homophobia is a bannabale offence, second I am not a homophobe. So that's why you can't ban me. :P

Also, my uncle is a homosexual. But neither he nor his boyfriend look only HALF as gay as manowar. :P
You do know Rob Halford is gay, right?

What has Rob to do with it?

I bash Manowar for LOOKING gay, nothing else. They try to look "manly" and "strong" but all they achieve with this is looking gay. I couldn't care less if one, two or all of the members are gay or not. I'm not interested in the sexual orientation of people.
But that doesn't hinder me from making fun of how they present themselves.

How does the music compare with Opeth?
Well, no clean vocals for Bloodbath. And of course the songs aren't so complex.
Sounds more... death metal, amirite?

Yep.

But new fans who saw the film will want to pick up all their albums so surely they most reprint them. Otherwise, people will only take the piracy route.
Whatever it may be. It sucks that Metal on Metal is so expensive. :(
If it's worth the £16 I should get it. Otherwise, I dunno.

I can't think of any album that I would like to pay 16 Pounds for.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 12:48:37 Reply

31000 saves. ;)


BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 16:18:16 Reply

At 4/22/11 01:58 AM, reverend wrote:
At 4/21/11 04:40 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah you hear about the differences in state laws sometimes. Primarily about gun laws, but also about drug policies and other controversial issues.

Anyway, some stores not wanting to sell it to you doesn't sound like a big problem to me. If they don't want your money, just go next door.
Yeah states like California are pretty loose with their drug laws especially pot while more conservative states tend to be pretty strict. The opposite is true with gun laws between Cali and conservative states.

I find just driving a bit further into Texas to those store will often remedy that problem. I think they just have an issue with younger kids trying to by alcohol.

Heh, Texas always comes over to me as one of the most conservative, nationalistic states of all. With very strict policies on some things (drugs) while having very loose policies on others (guns, alcohol).

Anyway, I've found the policies on soft drugs a bit vague in America. I know it's illegal for the most part, but it appears to me that people can get weed and stuff pretty easily nonetheless.

Yeah, I think most technical universities almost solely focus on engineering and scientific research. They might have some collaboration programs with other universities though. For example, I had an option for a minor in medicine. Sounded pretty cool to me, but I don't think I will have much benefit of that knowledge.
I never looked up their degree course since they were well out of my budget but I'm sure if not at MIT, but other regional and public universities nearby offer some courses that she'd might be interested in.

Oh well. Even if she could follow courses that match her current program and even if it wasn't unattractive financially, I highly doubt she'd be interested in moving to America with me to go and study there. She'd just miss her family and friends too much.

Exactly. It's mainly the vet bills that can pose a big issue, although I don't think I'd like to miss the money that goes to cat food either. Oh well, she'll just have to wait until we're both done studying and get proper jobs.
Well you can't pet money, heh. No telling how much money dog food I buy my dog in a month but he returns the favor of being a loyal friend. Instead of a cat how about some fish?

We have some fishes at my parents house. Indeed they don't eat much, but they're kinda boring. Just swimming around aimlessly and they also die quickly.

Perhaps we could get some birds though. I don't think they cost that much and they're quite funny.

At 4/22/11 08:25 AM, Bahamut wrote:

So I asked his bro's opinion on Manowar. I think he's okay with them and listens to them from time to time, but he can't deny that they do look kinda gay (something about leather underwear and stuff).

Later we put up a Manowar CD as background music for the barbeque.

At 4/21/11 04:40 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/21/11 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Now that's just silly.
Of course it is. That's why I say it's one the same level of badness as Valentine's Day.

I don't know. Maybe Valentine's Day has slightly more point than 'drugs day'. I mean, in about 95% of the world, drugs is illegal as far as I'm aware so yeah... woopdiedoo =/

Oh well, what can you expect? He's an actor, not a musician.
At least it transfers better than wrestlers going to movies.

Very true :p

They didn't, did they? I can't remember the last time there was a Star Day.
Heh, funny you mention Star Day. I believe it's in a few days time. Let's see who even bothers to make a flash for that day.

It is? 0.0

I doubt many are even aware...

At 4/22/11 01:58 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/20/11 04:04 PM, Auz wrote: Well you're supposed to drink it in the autumn, but while I know a lot of beer drinkers, I think none of them likes bock beers all that much. I think they also prefer pils or white beer in the summer (from the tap). While I really don't like beer all that much, I have to hand it to them that white beer is pretty good stuff on a warm summer day.
I never heard of beer that is supposed for certain seasons, lol. I drink pils be it spring, summer, autumn or winter. >_>

Hmm. The Dutch article on bock beer cleary says it's a typical 'seasons beer' which is mostly sold during the autumn, and there's also a lighter one for the spring.

Pils is for all seasons though :p

Why am I not surprised?
I don't know. But I am not surprised you don't find any labels saying "brewed in adherence to the Reinheitsgebot" on beer that has 20% or more... ^^

20%? Holy shit. Half a crate of those and you'll be smashed =/

At 4/15/11 02:23 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/13/11 03:19 PM, Haggard wrote:
Considering Bahamut is this close to banning your ass for saying he said Manowar sucked... you don't sound very trustworthy to me :p
I have proof!
Look here and don't mind the date. ;)

April 1st? Right :p

At 4/23/11 09:52 AM, Haggard wrote: Hey Bahamut, Coop and Auz. I need your help again. I think I won't be able to deposit on Sunday and Monday, so it would be cool if one of you could jump in for me.
Password is still the same. ;)

Alright-y :)


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 1 September 2016)

BBS Signature
X-TERRORIST-X
X-TERRORIST-X
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 20:24:28 Reply

At 4/23/11 12:03 AM, Makeshift wrote: Level 27 had been my favourite level icon on Newgrounds since before I can remember. Well, I got it.

Jealous. My favorite too.

Well anyways, I got Private First Class.


--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-23 20:46:55 Reply

Police Sergeant


BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 01:28:27 Reply

At 4/22/11 09:04 AM, Coop wrote: Well, we would have planned for that, if Gardner wasn't playing a little off at the moment.

A little off? More like full fledged slump.

*sigh*

3-0

At 4/22/11 10:20 AM, letiger wrote: I disagree on the grounds that Manowar is not that great.

I didn't say anything about liking them but rather just to discuss them. I wouldn't even torture a cat with Manowar music.

At 4/23/11 04:18 PM, Auz wrote: Anyway, I've found the policies on soft drugs a bit vague in America. I know it's illegal for the most part, but it appears to me that people can get weed and stuff pretty easily nonetheless.

If you know where to look you can get it pretty easy. Each state has varying degrees of punishment for possession and trafficking. Some just give you a fine while other states give you some jail time.

Oh well. Even if she could follow courses that match her current program and even if it wasn't unattractive financially, I highly doubt she'd be interested in moving to America with me to go and study there. She'd just miss her family and friends too much.

Stickam and Facebook!

We have some fishes at my parents house. Indeed they don't eat much, but they're kinda boring. Just swimming around aimlessly and they also die quickly.

Perhaps we could get some birds though. I don't think they cost that much and they're quite funny.

I never liked birds. They tend to be noisy at times and all they do is just sit in a cage and are boring as well. I figured fish are cheap and if they die you can batter and fry them up. :P


Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 04:23:05 Reply

Coop prepares for his first match of cricket this season, while congratulating:
Dream-of-Duke: 31,000 Saves
X-Terrorist-X: Private 1st Class

Listening to:
Megadeth - Captive Honour
Guns 'n' Roses - Knockin' On Heaven's Door

At 4/23/11 09:52 AM, Haggard wrote: Hey Bahamut, Coop and Auz. I need your help again. I think I won't be able to deposit on Sunday and Monday, so it would be cool if one of you could jump in for me.
Password is still the same. ;)

I'm on it.

At 4/24/11 01:28 AM, reverend wrote:
At 4/22/11 09:04 AM, Coop wrote: Well, we would have planned for that, if Gardner wasn't playing a little off at the moment.
A little off? More like full fledged slump.

Well, come the 9th yesterday, he did something to help his cause. He joined the party. And how bad must Derek Jeter feel? Two AWESOME defensive plays to rob him blind of 2 hits. Ffffffffff!

*sigh*
3-0

15-3 ;)

A-Rod only one Grand Slam behind Lou Gehrig for the most Grand Slams all time (23). The one that A-Rod hit last night was out of there in any major league park, except Fenway, where he hit is so hard, it's probably only a single.

Still, when you bat at Fenway, it's a different approach at the plate.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Member since: May. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 04:48:43 Reply

20,000 saves. Not really a big deal though >_<

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 06:14:00 Reply

Thanks for voting, Knuckstrike! Your experience points gave you a voting power of 6.66 votes.

And, most importantly,

but still not important at all,

70000 medal points


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
CyanSandwich
CyanSandwich
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 06:48:31 Reply

At 4/24/11 04:48 AM, LittleWashu wrote: 20,000 saves. Not really a big deal though >_<

You seem to say that every time you post something here :p
I can see it now:

Level 60. Not really a big deal though >_<

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 07:34:18 Reply

Listening to:

Battle Ram - Smash the Gates

Thanks to:

Odyssic

Hey Coop, you missed out Helloween.

At 4/23/11 06:56 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/23/11 05:42 AM, Bahamut wrote: Don't forget Pico Day next week. Sure, it might be just a slight boost but it'll help.
Yeah, I'm off work as well, so that should be fun :D

I might be out for the day but we'll see.

Why should I have any respect for the population in the UK?
Because you're English, dear boy!

Even if I am, there are far too many morons in this country who need to be punched.

At 4/23/11 07:56 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 4/22/11 08:25 AM, Bahamut wrote: Portal 2. I'm on chapter 8 and everything about it has been great, even if the game will end up being quite short.
Me and my friend started the co-op, I need to complain about the loading screens, there are so many of them and it takes a long time sometimes. Single player loading screens are better, but there are still a lot of them.

The loading screens have changed for the worse. They could load faster if all they had was a black box just like they did.

At 4/23/11 09:52 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/23/11 05:42 AM, Bahamut wrote: Apr. 1, 2010

Whoops!
That's why I said he shouldn't mind the date. :P

Auz isn't convinced.

Those potheads should be taken to rehab. :P
Wow, a pothead rehab would be no fun place to work at. Most potheads tend to get very agressive if they don't get their "dose" of pot.

They'll have to deal with it.

That explains why I haven't been able to ban you for homophobia.
First of all I never knew homophobia is a bannabale offence, second I am not a homophobe. So that's why you can't ban me. :P

If anyone was racist, we'd deal with them. Pretty much the same thing here. ;)

You do know Rob Halford is gay, right?
What has Rob to do with it?

If you're insulting someone for being gay, you're pretty much insulting Halford. That's why using gay as an insult is one of the dumbest things to say.

If it's worth the £16 I should get it. Otherwise, I dunno.
I can't think of any album that I would like to pay 16 Pounds for.

I've bought a few albums that were worth at least £16.

At 4/23/11 04:18 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/22/11 08:25 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Later we put up a Manowar CD as background music for the barbeque.

I'm glad this was solved.

Of course it is. That's why I say it's one the same level of badness as Valentine's Day.
I don't know. Maybe Valentine's Day has slightly more point than 'drugs day'. I mean, in about 95% of the world, drugs is illegal as far as I'm aware so yeah... woopdiedoo =/

Valentine's Day? Point? Think that for a second.

Heh, funny you mention Star Day. I believe it's in a few days time. Let's see who even bothers to make a flash for that day.
It is? 0.0

I doubt many are even aware...

It happened yesterday and not a single fuck was given.

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 08:33:01 Reply

Happy Easter Sunday, I have work to do.

Congrats to:
Dream-of-Duke: 31,000 Saves
X-Terrorist-X: Private 1st Class
LittleWashu: 20,000 Saves
Knuckstrike: 6.66 VP, 70,000 Metal Points

LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Member since: May. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Writer
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 10:53:14 Reply

At 4/24/11 06:48 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:
At 4/24/11 04:48 AM, LittleWashu wrote: 20,000 saves. Not really a big deal though >_<
You seem to say that every time you post something here :p
I can see it now:
Level 60. Not really a big deal though >_<

I been saying that since 2006 where have you been under a rock?

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 46
Musician
Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-24 18:10:50 Reply

1,234 audio reviews

Closing in on that number 10 spot, yay!!


Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature