00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,752,762 Views | 87,863 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 06:38:21

The first time I met newgrounds was just a year after I had "discovered" neopets, and my brother introduced me to it (He was 11 at the time). Coincidentally, he had "discovered" flash at round about the same time, and ever since I found out that I could submit flash to newgrounds, I started learning it and signed up instantly to make sure I didn't miss out on anything.

I started reviewing a lot back then, but my reviews were also a bit immature, but they were the majority -- I didn't have more than 30 reviews the whole of this year.

The real time when I actually started "learning" flash was when he was making a small beat-em-up and was stuck at a problem; I suggested something -- I didn't know anything about it at the time -- and magically, it worked.

Soon after, I found out AS2 was very easy to learn (self explaining code) and so I started creating flash. I occasionally tried to draw, around very early 2009 (I was still 10 at the time) and guess what? No surprise, I failed. People didn't want to see my userpage, and they didn't know who I was either. I got PMs from people stating that some of them hated me and that I should leave, but as the person I was and is, I just continued.

Later on, in late 2010, I faced an issue : I was level 9, I didn't feel like going on Newgrounds at all, and I felt like plain quitting; I had submitted good flash, and then got some good scores....as well as PMs from users who liked my flash. Of course, my flash skill had improved since 2008. I wouldn't actually want to quit, so I just didn't log on....for 6 months.

That, was the time I realized the BBS. I had logged on to the BBS before, but at that time, I was highly discouraged from posting , and I didn't feel the need to actually go there; I was considered a noob, pond scum, whatever you wanted to call me. Later, I just decided to use the BBS again, because there was nothing else to do, and I was truly bored -- remember, this time I considered newgrounds as every normal site -- so I thought, "hey, since there's nothing to do, why not just browse through the BBS? It's been 2 years!" and since that, my life on NG changed.

I got a tip from some users about apparent "post counts", and so I was suddenly, out of the blue, from nowhere, known by little, to a mass-poster on the BBS. (Specifically, I think Narcissy was the one)

After the first 1000 posts, my posts per day decreased, and I heard of the 10k forum. I then felt like shooting for it, and so I started to post again, this time my interest for Newgrounds increasing cumulatively, but at the same time taking post quality into account.

Over time, I became known to Newgrounds. Of course, I recieved my fair share of bans as well, and I think it amounted to 25 days in the whole of 2011 (for now), and not all so-called "publicity" I recieved was good -- every flash that I submitted now on was zero bombed, bringing the score from 3x to 2x, but I'm fine with it, as long as they're around 2.7.

3 years on Newgrounds!
300 reviews!

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 06:46:21

This is gonna be a long one, reaching back to before I left home. These are the rankups between Thursday last week and Saturday, today, so I'm guessing I've blown it on a couple of these. Now I gotta get my reviews on.

Congrats to:
jonthomson: 12,000 Blams
Martin: Top 100 in B/P
Odyssic: 19,000 Experience
idiot-buster: 50,000 Total Stats; Level 37
Haggard: 30 Years IRL
Ship: Level 30
SCTE3: 1,111 Audio Review Responses; Rank 1,337 in Experience; Level 33; 333 Art Reviews; 1,900 Audio Reviews; 2,222 Days on NG; 24,000 B/P
ZJ: Level 34
Asandir: 8,000 Posts; Top 700 in B/P; Sergeant Major
EmmDubya: Level 21
sandwich-eater: 2 Years on NG
Bryan: 4,000 Posts; Private
HeavyTank: Level 34; Commander
EJR: Sergeant
Addict: 14,000 Saves; 15,000 B/P
gamejunkie: 43,000 B/P
Quinny: 7,000 Saves; Top 800 in B/P; 8,000 Experience
Martin: 40,000 B/P; Top 50 in Saves; 34,000 Saves; Level 27
Auz: 77,000 B/P; Level 47
Gimmick: Corporal; 3 Years on NG; 300 Reviews
dx5231: 40,000 Total Stats; 25,000 B/P
joeyjoah: 1,000 Saves
atypop: Level 13
SoupSquad: Scout
Tycrane: 13,000 B/P; 12,000 Saves
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 59,000 B/P
GoryBlizzard: Level 46
Spilda-Bongwata: Level 17; 1,000 Saves; 10,000 Medal Points
Kevin: 16,000 B/P
Gagsy: Level 42
Nijsse: 25,000 Saves
Dream-of-Duke: 8,000 Posts
Jolly: 18,000 Saves
Coop: Level 50
FBIpolux: Level 46
tally1989: Top 900 in B/P
Little-Rena: #666 in Experience
Emlfuryoflion: 43,000 B/P; 34,000 Saves; Top 800 in Experience
GUTHRIE: 24,000 Experience
LegolaSS: Top 300 in Experience
FattyWhale: Top 300 in Experience

Thanks to:
Jolly x2
Odyssic
Coop

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 06:47:55

Coop uploads pictures from the Iron Maiden gig, before congratulating:
Odyssic: Top 400 Experienced
LegolaSS: Top 300 Experienced
Emlfuryoflion: 34,000 Saves; Top 800 Experienced
SCTE3: 2,222 Days on Newgrounds; 24,000 B/P
FattyWhale: Top 300 Experienced
Gimmick: 3rd NG Berfday; 300 Reviews (Flash)

Listening to:
Alice Cooper - Sideshow
Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation

At 8/19/11 08:04 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/19/11 06:03 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/18/11 07:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'll save it for Sunday.
How long does it take to calibrate that thing anyway?
A week. If I do it more, it'll kill me fast.

So, why are you starting to calibrate it on Sunday?! Why not start last week, so that it's ready to rumble, come Sunday?

The last one is tricky.
Clearly, I haven't found it. I spent half an hour looking for Tricky the clown, because of that. Clues plx.
LOL! Just see what you can find from the beginning.

-.-

Even better!
Still feeling shitty, stay tuned.
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

We've had yet another relapse this morning, but I'm determined to score for the cricket team this Sunday, so watch this space.

At 8/19/11 09:44 PM, Bahamut wrote: I knew something was odd about Odyssic making quite a jump in EXP ranks today. After seeing you getting a jump in EXP ranks as well, I checked up the EXP list and it turns out a bunch of alts from Afro_Stud (including some accounts by others he was depositing for) have an EXP rank of 0 meaning the accounts have been deactivated. The only real problem I have with this is that if the accounts are locked out, some of them were actually legitimate accounts.

In short, "some shit went down that not even the mods know about."

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 06:50:06

Listening to:

Primal Fear - Jaws of Death

At 8/19/11 05:56 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/19/11 08:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: I don't blame you. They never pushed themselves hard with their musical capabilities. If anything, they're more repetitive than DragonForce. However, I will say that Eaten Back to Life is a decent record and after that it's just a song or two from each album. This is why they need a compilation album.
In my opinion they earn they are the worst band ever (except for Manowar who are non-competitive :P )

Shall we just have a Cannibal Corpse debate then? :P

But... I'm making you listen to Manowar.
It's the price I would gladly pay if you'd ever make it to my birthday party. :P

Well, I'll be sure to bring Battle Hymns with me.

He really should, you know.
And so should Ultor.

That would be the day.

I think I'll cuddle a Dratini now.
I'm not into Pokemon.

Maybe you're not but Dratini is still cute.

At 8/20/11 03:56 AM, Jolly wrote: It's not against the rules, but honestly it's really not fair for other people to have that many high level alts.

This is one reason why I want to stop depositing on all my alts eventually. I'll put them at certain levels and leave them at that.

At 8/20/11 06:17 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 8/19/11 08:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: I still need to pick up volume 2 but before that, I better finish off Monty Python's Flying Circus.
I'm not even going to open volume 2 until I get volume 1, I hope to have it asap. Also, Monty Python is good, until the third series, do you have the movies as well?

I have Life of Brian and Holy Grail which I've already watched.

At 8/19/11 09:44 PM, Bahamut wrote: It isn't hard getting experience everyday but it is a pain if you have alts. I've tried...
Also, it was a big Experience jump, so I was wondering, how many alts did Afro_Stud have?

He has at least 30 and then some accounts that others relied on him to deposit for them. A few other accounts have been shot down as well since I gained two ranks unexpectedly. I'm hoping they will recover their accounts since it is their accounts and what I gained just now aren't official.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 06:52:23

Top 500 in Exp. O.o

At 8/19/11 06:03 AM, Coop wrote: You've never been in my home town on a Friday or Saturday night :P

Ah, so you are just trying to fit in with the crowd. I see now.

At 8/19/11 09:53 PM, Powerage wrote: well, at least now i have an answer, but why would those accounts get deactivated? as far as i know, they weren't breaking any rules.

Just a wild guess, maybe he wasn't manually depositing each and every one of those accounts but using some program to do it. And then maybe the Staff got fed up with it and blocked it and ko'ed his rankings. Although if that's the case I don't see why they wouldn't delete them outright.

Or simply there is a coincidental glitch. I jumped up 39 places and that would be an insane amount of alts to have.

I guess we won't really know unless AfroStud decides to post or an admin sheds some light.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 07:26:40

Your experience gave you a voting power of 8.75 votes. Your blam and protection points gave you an additional 60% of your experience power, meaning that your total vote power was worth 14 votes!

Finally another VP achievement :)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 09:29:48

2 more days till i am going up to Level 10.
Really i am going to Level 10 on August 22, 2011.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 09:31:04

At 8/20/11 09:29 AM, Michaely385 wrote: 2 more days till i am going up to Level 10.

Wow, really.
I really think so.

I am still at Level 7. :(

Myarbrough

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 16:24:02

At 8/19/11 03:56 AM, reverend wrote:
At 8/15/11 04:06 PM, Auz wrote: That's why I'm trying to sit back a little and relax when it comes to modding. I used to watch the forums like a hawk, but that really becomes a sore.
I had to take a few days off NG to collect my thoughts. Modding is really becoming a buzz kill and I didn't get any joy in Clock Day. I can just feel myself drifting from NG.

Yeah I noticed you were gone for a few days. Wondered what was up, thought you might be on vacation for a couple of days or something.

If moderating becomes such a drag to you that you'd rather stay away from NG nowadays, maybe it'd be good if you gave up a task or two? It'd be a shame if you just burn out like that and suddenly disappear.

Yep, that's what I would guess. It's not that they really NEED to know I suppose, but it would be nice if they could tell their customers what they are serving.
And that's why you need to ask if their is any cat meat in your sandwich. You'll never know for certain until you ask.

I'm sure they'll deny it, even if they don't really know :p

Oh you mean like the gay bears club? :p
Yeah. The way Chronamut makes it sound, the country is full of them.

Lol! Even on our annual 'gay parade' I don't see many gay bears. Although there must be a wagon of them.

At 8/18/11 06:43 PM, Auz wrote: Oh, I didn't know we were going to level up on the same day. Congrats! ^^
It all happened when I deposited for you a few weeks back. I thought "he needs the same amount of experience as me to level. Sweet, we'll both level on the same day. Thus, I laid in wait!

Yeah, I didn't suppose you were watching my experience count that closely.

At 8/18/11 04:15 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/17/11 04:28 PM, Auz wrote:
Of course, but I liked the reference.
Nice to see classic comedy getting into things like this. Someone needs to make a dead peggey sketch for Clock Day.

You mean the Monthy Python sketch about the parrot?

"This is an ex-parrot!"

At 8/15/11 04:06 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/15/11 03:16 AM, Coop wrote:
Nah that'll be too easy. How does a giant clock made of Mars sand sound?
What can you get for the man that has everything?

More like, what can you get for the man that needs nothing?

At 8/18/11 06:43 PM, Auz wrote: I'm happy for me too. No dragon rage on me :)
Let's just see how the others handle my dragon rage.

They better have more than 40 HP! >:(

Lol! It looks like Haggards submission also got included in the collection. I don't know how the order is determined...
The collection is ordered by score. Somehow mine has more than most yet there's so much great content out there.

Ahaha, yes, to be honest I was a bit surprised that yours came out with such a great score. Considering it was just a silly little short :p

Hopefully they'll at least offer the oppertunity to see it in 2D if they are also in 3D.
As far as I'm aware, all films are watchable in 2D.

Well so far I've never seen a 2D film after which I said: "Damn, this would have been great in 3D!".

I'm glad most great directors agree with that.
Then the film industry isn't as lost as I thought it was.

Nope, the film industry is generally doing alright I think, though this year doesn't look too good so far in my opinion.

As long as good directors stay away from money grubbing gimmicks there is still hope :)

Oh yes, I've heard those were quite a bitch.
They're not as bad as you think. The first four are pretty easy once you're strong enough but the other four will give you a challenge. However, the biggest of all is Penance.

I heard Dark Bahamut was quite a challenge. A friend of mine who has FFX said he couldn't get passed him. I guess the likes of Shiva and Ifrit are pushovers.

Yeah, but it took ages. I remember I had Cloud at level 90 or so at some point and I was nearly done maxing his Strength stat, but that alone already required hours upon hours.
Yeah, and Cloud is a must for your party no matter what.

Oh yeah, right, you couldn't even switch him out, could you? So you can only train two other party members at the same time then... bah!

I wouldn't call it great, but it's a fairly good one and the mod gold makes it come out nicely.
And I had it beforehand. I do miss it, though. The trident isn't bad but again, I've got a bad level icon to go through next.

Heh, the fucking cupido bow :p They should've made that a wooden bow and not a golden one.

I've always been fond of the trident. I believe it has gotten some criticism in this thread in the past, but come on... fucking Poseidon anyone? He's definitely high up there in the most awesome Greek gods list.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 16:39:24

Silver whistle! When are we allowed to post whistle upgrades here? Since I started making list, I don't think I've ever actually seen anybody post about their whistle upgrading, so I'm assuming it's probably silver.

Hopefully I'll reach Gold and Deity soon.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 16:57:50

At 8/19/11 02:52 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/18/11 06:25 PM, Auz wrote: "They're dreadfully fond of beheading people there; the great wonder is, that there's any one left alive!"
Haha, yeah. I just like the phrase "off with their heads". It's so... catchy.

It's probably the most quotable phrase of the Alice in Wonderland book.

Oh I see, I see. I looked it up and it did say Verliese, but plural with an N seemed more logical to me (cause in Dutch it's also usually an extra 'en' or 'n' for the plural).
I thought for quite a while how plurals are formed in german. It has something to do with the article and then there are a few forms. "-e", "-er", "umlaut" (like "Vater" -> "Väter"), "-(e)n" and "s". Wow, now I begin to realize why german is such a hard language to learn.

Yeah, you see? The German grammar really fucked me over when I was in second grade of high school. Well... I didn't do too well on French and Latin grammar either actually :p

The Little Vampire? Doesn't ring any bells here.
Too bad.

It looks like there was a film about about a decade back?

But isn't that genre called "Glamour Rock"?
Yes. Another name is "Hair Metal".

Oh right. But it seems to be more rock than metal.

"Oh there it is, in the front pocket, next to the med kit, C4 explosives, machine guns and my trustworthy swiss knife."
I think in Resident Evil 2 (maybe 1 as well) the bazooka took up two spots in the inventory. But still I don't know how the hell the characters would carry it around. ^^

Perhaps Arnold can?

Oh yeah I do think they do that. Like... rate caravans and all. Kinda like how they rate cars ("this one is modestly priced and is very child friendly.")
Ha. I have yet to see a car magazine that rates cars for their "child friendlyness".

They'd probably call it a 'family car'.

I have no idea. Maybe it went bankrupt?
Or maybe the belgians have a station called RTL 3.

It doesn't look like it when I google search.

Well he IS an ex-CIA agent of course, and martial arts expert, and his old partner betrayed him, and they kidnapped his wife and his daughter, and he has to deal with his past...
Sound totally plausible to me.

All the right ingredients for a good B-movie :p

Hehe, you think they could get them to watch hundreds of episodes live?
Well, if they where inmates in a prison...

That would explain the WHOOOOOOOO-ing when Christina Applegate comes on stage.

Yeah. But they still add pauses then? Or do they cut those out?
It was never taped in front of a live audience, so no need to stop there.

Lol, so they don't take pauses but there is still some laughter? Isn't the fake audience laughing through the dialogues then?

Indeed, she does :p
But I always liked Peg better. XD

Peg? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I like that neighbour even better than Peg.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!*
*pulls plug*
That should take care of it.

*starts tossing chairs*

At the time when Germany still consisted of hundreds of little kingdoms?
Well, the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation existed until 1871, then the German Reich was founded. Wilhelm II. of Würtemberg was King from 1891 to 1918.
But my historical knowledge of Germany starts with 1933 and ends with 1945. 13 years in school and all I ever learned about Germany was how the Third Reich was founded and how it ended (and everything in between). It's a real shame.

Seriously? So you didn't learn anything at all about how the German tribes fended of Caesars troops and how Germany was so divided in the middle ages?

And what about German scientists and composers? That should be interesting topics.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 22:07:11

Congrats to:
reverend: Top 500 in EXP
Auz: 14 Voting Power
SCTE3: 444 Flash reviews

At 8/20/11 06:17 AM, Odyssic wrote: Also, it was a big Experience jump, so I was wondering, how many alts did Afro_Stud have?

Here's a list of the alts I know of. I only checked the top 500-200 in EXP so he could have more alts that are lower or higher than that. All of these are in someway connected with Afro_Stud. I only put them on here if they quoted one of Afro_Stud's other alts, have a similar name, or if they're credited in one of his flash submission. (Unless I say otherwise)

http://afro-stud.newgrounds.com/
http://kwas-gotreviewbanned.newgrounds.c om/
http://afrounderscoreclock.newgrounds.co m/
http://elasp.newgrounds.com/
http://kagoai.newgrounds.com/
http://tsujinozomi.newgrounds.com/
http://rebeccarose.newgrounds.com/
http://h0gma.newgrounds.com/
http://nenechow.newgrounds.com/
http://leveloneaccount.newgrounds.com/ (Not locked)
http://2hyphenclick4hyphen.newgrounds.co m/
http://hyphenhyphenclick.newgrounds.com/

http://nomander.newgrounds.com/ (They said Afro_Stud deposited for them in one of their post)
http://nomader.newgrounds.com/
http://tsujinozomi.newgrounds.com/
http://dem-franchise-boyz.newgrounds.com / (Questionable)
http://littleafro.newgrounds.com/
http://afrostrawberry.newgrounds.com/
http://blackdeath-raid.newgrounds.com/ (Questionable, but it most likely is Afro_Stud)
http://afroamigos.newgrounds.com/
http://afronotafrostud.newgrounds.com/
http://afrostar.newgrounds.com/
http://postoholic.newgrounds.com/ (Alt of Nomander/Nomader, who Afro_Stud deposits for)
http://dangan.newgrounds.com/ (I don't think this account has anything to do with Afro_Stud, but it's locked)
http://ayegowj.newgrounds.com/
http://playtoy-animebastard.newgrounds.c om/

So he has at least 23 alts.

I don't know about these. They all belong to the same person, but I don't know if that person if Afro_Stud.
http://deathcabforchristine.newgrounds.c om/
http://mrs-sly.newgrounds.com/
http://speakupthelove.newgrounds.com/
http://life-is-loud.newgrounds.com/
http://suckmedown.newgrounds.com/
http://choke-back-tears.newgrounds.com/
http://tip-toe.newgrounds.com/
http://screamingphoto-op.newgrounds.com/

http://youareperfection.newgrounds.com/
http://ppink-ssoda.newgrounds.com/
http://pink-soda.newgrounds.com/

At 8/20/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: I gained two ranks unexpectedly.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-20 23:10:09

At 8/20/11 04:39 PM, JoIIySpace wrote: Silver whistle! When are we allowed to post whistle upgrades here? Since I started making list, I don't think I've ever actually seen anybody post about their whistle upgrading, so I'm assuming it's probably silver.

You can post any time your whistle upgrades including bronze! You can not post if you whistle level goes down and then you get back too where you are now. So if you go back to bronze and then get silver the current list makers probably won't recognize it.

Good luck its gonna take some time to get to deity but it will be worth it #;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 00:08:05

At 8/20/11 11:10 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 8/20/11 04:39 PM, JoIIySpace wrote: Silver whistle! When are we allowed to post whistle upgrades here? Since I started making list, I don't think I've ever actually seen anybody post about their whistle upgrading, so I'm assuming it's probably silver.
You can post any time your whistle upgrades including bronze! You can not post if you whistle level goes down and then you get back too where you are now. So if you go back to bronze and then get silver the current list makers probably won't recognize it.

Are you sure about that? When I posted that I got a bronze whistle here on this account, nobody put it on their list, so I didn't even bother posting here when I got bronze on JoiiySpace.

Good luck its gonna take some time to get to deity but it will be worth it #;-}>

I don't think it will take that long... I guess it really depends if I decide to take a short break from flagging or not, but I've been keeping track of almost every review I flagged since Aug 12th, and this is what I have so far: http://i.imgur.com/49Qks.jpg I censored the end because I flagged some of them fairly recently, so they haven't all been removed.. Most of those reviews were actually flagged with this account, too. I decided to start flagging with my alt (again... it had a bronze whistle before) yesterday.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 03:55:32

200 Review Responses (:

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 04:23:19

A little bit late, but... 21,000 B/P Points!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 05:10:20

Yeah, I just noticed I jumped up 62 ranks in Experience from the 19th to the 20th. Doesn't exactly bring me closer to the next milestone there by much, I'm at rank 3930, so the next one wont be till rank 3000.

Congrats to:
reverend: Top 500 in Experience
Auz: 14 Total VP
SCTE3: 444 Review Responses
JollySpace: Silver Whistle
Jolly: 21,000 B/P

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 08:07:40

EXP update will be posted later. It'll be a bit messy with the recent deactivated accounts, though.

Listening to:

UFO - Phenomenon

At 8/20/11 06:52 AM, reverend wrote: Or simply there is a coincidental glitch. I jumped up 39 places and that would be an insane amount of alts to have.

That's roughly how many alts he has but from Jolly's list, there's the odd few that are completely unrelated to him such as those level 50 users.

At 8/20/11 07:26 AM, Auz wrote: Your experience gave you a voting power of 8.75 votes. Your blam and protection points gave you an additional 60% of your experience power, meaning that your total vote power was worth 14 votes!

That's the beauty of level 47. Once you reach it, it's not long until you have 14 VP!

At 8/20/11 04:24 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/19/11 08:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: Let's just see how the others handle my dragon rage.

Or they're fucked! We find out tonight!

The collection is ordered by score. Somehow mine has more than most yet there's so much great content out there.
Ahaha, yes, to be honest I was a bit surprised that yours came out with such a great score. Considering it was just a silly little short :p

I'm very surprised as well. Maybe this site has a lot of TF2 fans or the real Clock contributors got hit badly. SBC's submission is ranked below mine and that isn't right at all. I'm not saying it was a godly game since there are some flaws here and there (especially the choppy frame rate issues) but it deserves more.

As far as I'm aware, all films are watchable in 2D.
Well so far I've never seen a 2D film after which I said: "Damn, this would have been great in 3D!".

There is one moment that I think would be great in 3D and it's this.

Then the film industry isn't as lost as I thought it was.
Nope, the film industry is generally doing alright I think, though this year doesn't look too good so far in my opinion.

Yeah, this year has been bone dry for movies. All I've seen so far is Green Lantern and that was only an average film.

They're not as bad as you think. The first four are pretty easy once you're strong enough but the other four will give you a challenge. However, the biggest of all is Penance.
I heard Dark Bahamut was quite a challenge. A friend of mine who has FFX said he couldn't get passed him. I guess the likes of Shiva and Ifrit are pushovers.

Well, you don't expect Bahamut to be easy at all. :P The first four dark aeons can be tough but only if you haven't trained enough. Funny how outside Europe you'd only have Nemesis to focus on. The dark aeons are one of several reasons why I'll still defend FFX.

Yeah, and Cloud is a must for your party no matter what.
Oh yeah, right, you couldn't even switch him out, could you? So you can only train two other party members at the same time then... bah!

Which isn't a problem since Cloud has the most powerful limit break anyway.

And I had it beforehand. I do miss it, though. The trident isn't bad but again, I've got a bad level icon to go through next.
Heh, the fucking cupido bow :p They should've made that a wooden bow and not a golden one.

A wooden one would be a whole lot better. Put it down to level 41 and we've got ourselves a nice deal. I actually like those silly golden shurikens.

I've always been fond of the trident. I believe it has gotten some criticism in this thread in the past, but come on... fucking Poseidon anyone? He's definitely high up there in the most awesome Greek gods list.

Yeah, it's not been a favourite but hell, if it's to do with Poseidon, it has to be awesome! I tell you, there isn't enough metal songs about him. I only know two songs about him and one of them is borderline metal.

At 8/20/11 10:07 PM, Jolly wrote:

I checked them up yesterday when I had my sudden gain. I'm back down by a rank now so one of them still needs to come back. They are not official passes until I have more EXP than them.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 08:51:07

Getting worse, rather than better, Coop struggles to congratulate:
reverend: Top 500 Expeirenced
Auz: 14.00 Total Voting Power
SCTE3: 444 Flash Review Responses
JollySpace: Silver Whistle
Soapbubble: 200 Flash Review Responses
Jolly: 21,000 B/P

Thank you to:
Soapbubble

At 8/20/11 06:52 AM, reverend wrote:
At 8/19/11 06:03 AM, Coop wrote: You've never been in my home town on a Friday or Saturday night :P
Ah, so you are just trying to fit in with the crowd. I see now.

If fitting in with the crowd equates to being this ill, then the crowd must really smell horrendous!

At 8/20/11 09:29 AM, Michaely385 wrote: 2 more days till i am going up to Level 10.

If you want to tell us about it, come back on the 22nd and say it, don't make a post saying "guys, I'm levelling up in a few days!" Otherwise, we'd be swamped.

At 8/18/11 06:43 PM, Auz wrote: Oh, I didn't know we were going to level up on the same day. Congrats! ^^
It all happened when I deposited for you a few weeks back. I thought "he needs the same amount of experience as me to level. Sweet, we'll both level on the same day. Thus, I laid in wait!
Yeah, I didn't suppose you were watching my experience count that closely.

Well, I spotted a coincidence and realised that you deposit after me on most days.

Of course, but I liked the reference.
Nice to see classic comedy getting into things like this. Someone needs to make a dead peggey sketch for Clock Day.

"This is an ex-parrot!"

Exactly, but with Peggeys.

At 8/21/11 05:50 AM, Odyssic wrote: You lost 7 Experience Ranks today! Crap!

Up, down, up, down, it is broke.

Lost 1 rank again, but in the melee, I did actually pass humantarget52, the one time #1 Experienced user.

At 8/20/11 06:47 AM, Coop wrote: In short, "some shit went down that not even the mods know about."
Oh shit, should we be talking about this? We should talk about the staff, T-T-Tom, love that Tom.

Yeah, he's great.

At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: EXP update will be posted later. It'll be a bit messy with the recent deactivated accounts, though.

I'll bet it will be just fine. I do not expect it to be any worse than your regular updates.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 16:49:26

At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/20/11 07:26 AM, Auz wrote: Your experience gave you a voting power of 8.75 votes. Your blam and protection points gave you an additional 60% of your experience power, meaning that your total vote power was worth 14 votes!

That's the beauty of level 47. Once you reach it, it's not long until you have 14 VP!

Yep yep. Probably the last VP achievement I'll see in a loooong time.

Can't wait!

I'm very surprised as well. Maybe this site has a lot of TF2 fans or the real Clock contributors got hit badly. SBC's submission is ranked below mine and that isn't right at all. I'm not saying it was a godly game since there are some flaws here and there (especially the choppy frame rate issues) but it deserves more.

Well I know there are quite some TF2 players around, but yeah... SBC's submission should be on top of the list in my opinion (even if it wasn't any better than other submissions).

Lol, yeah that would look pretty nice. However, pointy things coming at you isn't anything new in 3D films. In fact, I'd say it's pretty overused jump scare trick by now.

Yeah, this year has been bone dry for movies. All I've seen so far is Green Lantern and that was only an average film.

Yeah. There are only two 2011 films in IMDB's top 250 and about three or four in total that have a score over 8.0. That's a really low amount, considering most films get rated higher on IMDB when they're still new.

I have seen quite a few 2011 films by now and there is nothing that really blew me away like some of last years films.

Well, you don't expect Bahamut to be easy at all. :P The first four dark aeons can be tough but only if you haven't trained enough. Funny how outside Europe you'd only have Nemesis to focus on. The dark aeons are one of several reasons why I'll still defend FFX.

Heh, yeah didn't the Americans get fucked over with this extra? I thought they were pretty pissed about not getting the Dark Aeons sidequest.

Well he's definitely the most useful character, but it'd be better if you could train three characters of your choice instead of two.

A wooden one would be a whole lot better. Put it down to level 41 and we've got ourselves a nice deal. I actually like those silly golden shurikens.

Exactly!

The golden shurikens look pretty nice too in my opinion. Perhaps better than the level 33 and level 34 icons.

Yeah, it's not been a favourite but hell, if it's to do with Poseidon, it has to be awesome! I tell you, there isn't enough metal songs about him. I only know two songs about him and one of them is borderline metal.

I would expect more metal songs about Norwegian gods, but Greek gods should do well in metal lyrics too :p

"This is an ex-parrot!"

Ah I see what you're doing there.

Well how about you make it next year?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 18:08:57

I just realized, one of my Clock Day flashes made it into the collection of 2011 clock day movies. :)

At 8/20/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/19/11 05:56 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/19/11 08:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: I don't blame you. They never pushed themselves hard with their musical capabilities. If anything, they're more repetitive than DragonForce. However, I will say that Eaten Back to Life is a decent record and after that it's just a song or two from each album. This is why they need a compilation album.
In my opinion they earn they are the worst band ever (except for Manowar who are non-competitive :P )
Shall we just have a Cannibal Corpse debate then? :P

Not much to say about this, I'm afraid. Except for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PzagXsD 0Y

But... I'm making you listen to Manowar.
It's the price I would gladly pay if you'd ever make it to my birthday party. :P

All right. So, you are coming next year? ^^

He really should, you know.
And so should Ultor.
That would be the day.

Indeed. Idiot-Finder could leave as well.

I think I'll cuddle a Dratini now.
I'm not into Pokemon.

Not as cute as Bub or Bob.

At 8/20/11 04:57 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/19/11 02:52 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/18/11 06:25 PM, Auz wrote: "They're dreadfully fond of beheading people there; the great wonder is, that there's any one left alive!"
Haha, yeah. I just like the phrase "off with their heads". It's so... catchy.
It's probably the most quotable phrase of the Alice in Wonderland book.

I never read the original book. I only saw the Disney movie (which is awesome, by the way) and the Tim Burton movie. Oh, and I played that Alice game that came out on PC a few years ago.

Oh I see, I see. I looked it up and it did say Verliese, but plural with an N seemed more logical to me (cause in Dutch it's also usually an extra 'en' or 'n' for the plural).
I thought for quite a while how plurals are formed in german. It has something to do with the article and then there are a few forms. "-e", "-er", "umlaut" (like "Vater" -> "Väter"), "-(e)n" and "s". Wow, now I begin to realize why german is such a hard language to learn.
Yeah, you see? The German grammar really fucked me over when I was in second grade of high school. Well... I didn't do too well on French and Latin grammar either actually :p

Don't worry, most germans (that includes me, I'm afraid) don't know shit about grammar. :P

The Little Vampire? Doesn't ring any bells here.
Too bad.
It looks like there was a film about about a decade back?

At first there where books, then there was a TV series. I didn't even know about the film.

But isn't that genre called "Glamour Rock"?
Yes. Another name is "Hair Metal".
Oh right. But it seems to be more rock than metal.

Well yeah. Metal is a broad field.

"Oh there it is, in the front pocket, next to the med kit, C4 explosives, machine guns and my trustworthy swiss knife."
I think in Resident Evil 2 (maybe 1 as well) the bazooka took up two spots in the inventory. But still I don't know how the hell the characters would carry it around. ^^
Perhaps Arnold can?

Yeah, but at least you can see all the weapons he's carrying. In video games, most of the time you only see the weapon that's currently equipped.

Oh yeah I do think they do that. Like... rate caravans and all. Kinda like how they rate cars ("this one is modestly priced and is very child friendly.")
Ha. I have yet to see a car magazine that rates cars for their "child friendlyness".
They'd probably call it a 'family car'.

Yeah, but whenever I happen to zap into a show about cars it's mostly about sports cars.

I have no idea. Maybe it went bankrupt?
Or maybe the belgians have a station called RTL 3.
It doesn't look like it when I google search.

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTL_Group#T elevisiezenders
Yeah, the station just seems to be missing. Also, I had to laugh about the word "verkocht". In german it means something like "overcooked", as in "The pasta is overcooked. The noodles are all much too soft!"

Well he IS an ex-CIA agent of course, and martial arts expert, and his old partner betrayed him, and they kidnapped his wife and his daughter, and he has to deal with his past...
Sound totally plausible to me.
All the right ingredients for a good B-movie :p

But Steven is only a D-actor at best.

Hehe, you think they could get them to watch hundreds of episodes live?
Well, if they where inmates in a prison...
That would explain the WHOOOOOOOO-ing when Christina Applegate comes on stage.

Oh yeah. Good thing they didn't show it in a female prison, then.

Yeah. But they still add pauses then? Or do they cut those out?
It was never taped in front of a live audience, so no need to stop there.
Lol, so they don't take pauses but there is still some laughter? Isn't the fake audience laughing through the dialogues then?

I don't know. I never watched the show with a laughing track. XD

Indeed, she does :p
But I always liked Peg better. XD
Peg? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

But you have to admit that Katey Sagal still looks very nice. Even at age 57.

I like that neighbour even better than Peg.

I never liked Marcy when I was younger. But I was watching some episodes on youtube lately and I have to admit that she looks pretty cute in some of the episodes.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!*
*pulls plug*
That should take care of it.
*starts tossing chairs*

*hides away backstage*

At the time when Germany still consisted of hundreds of little kingdoms?
Well, the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation existed until 1871, then the German Reich was founded. Wilhelm II. of Würtemberg was King from 1891 to 1918.
But my historical knowledge of Germany starts with 1933 and ends with 1945. 13 years in school and all I ever learned about Germany was how the Third Reich was founded and how it ended (and everything in between). It's a real shame.
Seriously? So you didn't learn anything at all about how the German tribes fended of Caesars troops and how Germany was so divided in the middle ages?

No, not really. We had something about the cold war during my last years in school. That was very refreshening.

And what about German scientists and composers? That should be interesting topics.

Not really stuff you'd learn at history classes. But of course we read many german writes in german classes, especially in the "Deutsch Leistungskurs" (I guess explaining the german school system would take too long, but in the Oberstufe or sixth form you chose two Leistungskurse, and then you have 4 lessons in that subject during the week instead of the usual 2). "Faust" is an amazing book.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-21 21:36:40

Thanks for voting, Emlfuryoflion! Your experience points have already been deposited for today - thanks for doing the overtime!

Your experience gave you a voting power of 7.77votes.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 01:26:00

You passed 6000 Experience Points. Good job!

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 02:03:33

Congrats to:
Soapbubble: 200 Review responses / 6,000 Experience
Emlfuryoflion: 7.77 Voting Power

Thanks to:
Soapbubble (x3)
Coop (x2)

At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: those level 50 users.

I should have listed those as questionable. I originally meant for those to just be in the reply to your post about going up two ranks, but I thought Afro_Stud deposited for them so I went ahead and added them to the list.

At 8/20/11 10:07 PM, Jolly wrote:
I checked them up yesterday when I had my sudden gain. I'm back down by a rank now so one of them still needs to come back. They are not official passes until I have more EXP than them.

Most of the accounts I listed as not being Afro_Stud's originally and as questionable(except the alts and whoever owns the accounts I listed at the bottom of the list) are unlocked now. Oddly the account "Postoholic" was unlocked, and it's an alt.

At 8/21/11 12:35 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/20/11 10:07 PM, Jolly wrote: Here's a list of the alts I know of. I only checked the top 500-200 in EXP so he could have more alts that are lower or higher than that. All of these are in someway connected with Afro_Stud. I only put them on here if they quoted one of Afro_Stud's other alts, have a similar name, or if they're credited in one of his flash submission. (Unless I say otherwise)

http://afro-stud.newgrounds.com/
list of alt accounts
Well I guess this explains why many users got a huge jump in exp including me. Kind of curious though, why would he need that many alt accounts in the first place? Aside from having them be made into joking co-author accounts it kind of feels like they were possibly taking up space in the exp ranks right?

I'd like to know exactly how long it takes to deposit for all of them. I've attempted to create two high level alts and both times I stopped because I got tired of switching accounts and didn't really see the point in doing it sense barely anybody will look at the account.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 05:54:03

Congrats to:
Emlfuryoflion: 7.77 Voting Power

Thanks to:
Odyssic
Coop
Jolly x2

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 06:01:01

#777 for B/P!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 08:00:47

Metal Monday - Week 34: In Flames - Dreamscape

Listening to:

Dream Theater - Train of Thought

At 8/21/11 08:51 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: EXP update will be posted later. It'll be a bit messy with the recent deactivated accounts, though.
I'll bet it will be just fine. I do not expect it to be any worse than your regular updates.

Yeah, it's just another EXP update but the deactivated accounts will show quite a difference to those who are level 41 and below. I'll see what I can do with highlighting the deactivated accounts. Well, we should see what byteslinger can do. :P

At 8/21/11 04:49 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's the beauty of level 47. Once you reach it, it's not long until you have 14 VP!

Well, you have 8.88 base VP when you're at level 48. Then there's 9.00 base VP at level 49.

Can't wait!

And there you go.

Well I know there are quite some TF2 players around, but yeah... SBC's submission should be on top of the list in my opinion (even if it wasn't any better than other submissions).

After all, he IS king!

Lol, yeah that would look pretty nice. However, pointy things coming at you isn't anything new in 3D films. In fact, I'd say it's pretty overused jump scare trick by now.

It isn't but come on, it's fucking Scorpion with his signature move. It has to be awesome regardless of it being an old trick.

I have seen quite a few 2011 films by now and there is nothing that really blew me away like some of last years films.

At least we've got 2012. Come to think about it, if there was something to be really excited for, it's another Pixar movie but their film for the year was Cars 2.

Heh, yeah didn't the Americans get fucked over with this extra? I thought they were pretty pissed about not getting the Dark Aeons sidequest.

Well, the Europeans had to wait so they threw in this sidequest as a bonus. At least delays for European releases aren't as common now.

Well he's definitely the most useful character, but it'd be better if you could train three characters of your choice instead of two.

That wouldn't be a bad idea but then again, Cloud is such a useful character who gets EXP for the most part.

Exactly!

The golden shurikens look pretty nice too in my opinion. Perhaps better than the level 33 and level 34 icons.

I think 33 is the best for shurikens. Level 34 looks odd.

I would expect more metal songs about Norwegian gods, but Greek gods should do well in metal lyrics too :p

The ones I know do justice to Greek mythology.

At 8/21/11 06:08 PM, Haggard wrote: I just realized, one of my Clock Day flashes made it into the collection of 2011 clock day movies. :)

Good stuff!

At 8/20/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: Shall we just have a Cannibal Corpse debate then? :P
Not much to say about this, I'm afraid. Except for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PzagXsD 0Y

Old but still hilarious. I will say that Hammer Smashed Face is a sloppy written song, despite it being their hit song.

All right. So, you are coming next year? ^^

Well, I'm hoping to go to Pico Day next year...

That would be the day.
Indeed. Idiot-Finder could leave as well.

To be honest, he isn't so bad now. His threads are a whole lot better than what I recalled from the last two years.

Not as cute as Bub or Bob.

Just as cute, I'd say.

At 8/22/11 02:03 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: those level 50 users.
I should have listed those as questionable. I originally meant for those to just be in the reply to your post about going up two ranks, but I thought Afro_Stud deposited for them so I went ahead and added them to the list.

I don't think Afro_Stud even knows them two.

At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: I checked them up yesterday when I had my sudden gain. I'm back down by a rank now so one of them still needs to come back. They are not official passes until I have more EXP than them.
Most of the accounts I listed as not being Afro_Stud's originally and as questionable(except the alts and whoever owns the accounts I listed at the bottom of the list) are unlocked now. Oddly the account "Postoholic" was unlocked, and it's an alt.

Postoholic was Nomader's original account.

I'd like to know exactly how long it takes to deposit for all of them. I've attempted to create two high level alts and both times I stopped because I got tired of switching accounts and didn't really see the point in doing it sense barely anybody will look at the account.

Just use a different browser for your alts. It makes it easier on your main browser for your main account.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 08:36:37

2,000 Blams!

It's about time, I only get about 2-5 blams a day even though I vote 0 on at least twice as much.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 09:05:29

Lost four exp ranks. D:

At 8/20/11 04:24 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah I noticed you were gone for a few days. Wondered what was up, thought you might be on vacation for a couple of days or something.

If moderating becomes such a drag to you that you'd rather stay away from NG nowadays, maybe it'd be good if you gave up a task or two? It'd be a shame if you just burn out like that and suddenly disappear.

I would rather give up lurking in General but who else is there who is willing to put up with such retardation. We need someone like 36Holla who can lurk for hours on end.

I'm sure they'll deny it, even if they don't really know :p

You never know. You might meet a rebellious whistle-blower who wants to get the truth out.

Lol! Even on our annual 'gay parade' I don't see many gay bears. Although there must be a wagon of them.

I see a few around my town but not to many. Usually they are in good shape considering most of the population.

At 8/21/11 08:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's roughly how many alts he has but from Jolly's list, there's the odd few that are completely unrelated to him such as those level 50 users.

Do you know if any of the accounts have deposited since this glitch or do they seem permanently out of commission.

At 8/21/11 08:51 AM, Coop wrote: If fitting in with the crowd equates to being this ill, then the crowd must really smell horrendous!

Pick up chicks at the hospital. Terminal ill chicks did a man who isn't.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-22 10:40:03

Slowly getting better, Coop considers eating something else, while congreatulating:
Emlfuryoflion: 7.77 Base Voting Power
Soapbubble: 6,000 Experience; 2,000 Blams
Quinny: #777 B/Per

At 8/21/11 04:49 PM, Auz wrote:

Well, 2 levels time, you'll get to 9.00 Base Voting power as well, then it's the long wait.

"This is an ex-parrot!"
Ah I see what you're doing there.

Well how about you make it next year?

Don't be silly, I can't animate! I don't have any software or anything!

At 8/22/11 08:00 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/21/11 08:51 AM, Coop wrote:
Yeah, it's just another EXP update but the deactivated accounts will show quite a difference to those who are level 41 and below. I'll see what I can do with highlighting the deactivated accounts. Well, we should see what byteslinger can do. :P

As a programmer, there are few better. James, for example.

At 8/22/11 09:05 AM, reverend wrote:
At 8/21/11 08:51 AM, Coop wrote: If fitting in with the crowd equates to being this ill, then the crowd must really smell horrendous!
Pick up chicks at the hospital. Terminal ill chicks did a man who isn't.

Hmm, I'll have to bear that in kind. Haven't even been to see the doctor... mind you, I wouldn't mind seeing a young, fit nurse, with a lovely, caring bosom, that she can cuddle me into, to make me feel better.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature