00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,748,590 Views | 87,849 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 12:37:22

Hey guys, sorry about not being here and making some congrat lists, my grandmother died and I had to but NG to the side for a few days. But I'll be back and have my daily list tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 14:54:34

Congrats to:
-absentminded- - Level 13.
Fedharfuotar - 1,000 blams.
Hemlok - 7,000 blams.
Mad-Cow - EG Second Lieutenant.
pepeatumi - 14,000 blams.
Pineapple_Sock - 1,000 blams.
Phable - 500 posts.
Qwoxyl - 7 Base VP, 1,000 days on NG, and 18,000 saves.
taylorwilsdon - 8,000 posts.

At 8/26/06 12:37 PM, DaRkZiEz wrote: my grandmother died and I had to but NG to the side for a few days. But I'll be back and have my daily list tonight.

Sorry to hear that, DaRk. :(

At 8/26/06 05:20 AM, Bahamut- wrote: And happy Anti-Clock Day, heh.

Anti-Clock Day doesn't seem as active as I thought it would be. :/

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 15:37:49

woohoo i finally got 1k protection points.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 19:38:19

What day is it today? Another Clock parody perhaps? I've made 24 points in less than 30 minutes! That's insanity at it's finest. I'm gonna love checking the totals tonight!! ^_^

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 19:53:12

My account is officially one year old! :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 20:13:28

how do you lvl up?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 20:16:56

At 8/26/06 08:13 PM, evola wrote: how do you lvl up?

I suggest you read the FAQ.

You can gain exp by simply voting on submissions on newgrounds. Simply use the voting panel to vote 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 on a flash. Voting is not the same reviewing, however, so make sure you're voting on submissions, if you want to increase your exp. Once you have voted on five portal submissions, simply click the large link that you are prompted that says:

"Click here to deposit your experience!!"

You can only gain a total of 10 exp points a day (EST), which are gained through the method just explained. The only other possible ways to get exp, are through making a profile (20 exp) and signing up for newgrounds related emails when creating an account (5 exp per mailing list). Other than that, there are no other possible ways of gaining exp.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 21:34:18

sweet 2k posts

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 22:01:12

I'm going to be lvl 4 tonight, and also gonna get my next Blam/Protection badge tonight aswell. And for all you high levels, I was around on NG when some of you werent. :]

Just havn't been active much. I'll be back to post when im, lvl 4 and my 300 blam/protect badge.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-26 22:11:46

Umm...3k posts.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 00:15:03

At 8/26/06 01:47 AM, -absentminded- wrote: I have now reached level 13.

Congrats.

It's quite odd seeing a weapon as my level icon. No longer do I have a fist to occupy that space.

I actually think it suits you :o

Probably be the last "old style" icon I get to before level icon updates.

Yeah, new levels are gonna be shit. What's the point of levelling up so quick?

Levelling up will become absolutely meaningless when the new levels arrive. It will just be a case of "ooh look new level". Pretty much like how it is on Retrogade =(

Also faulty internet connections make me lol.

>=(

At 8/26/06 07:38 PM, ReconRebel wrote: What day is it today? Another Clock parody perhaps? I've made 24 points in less than 30 minutes! That's insanity at it's finest. I'm gonna love checking the totals tonight!! ^_^

Anti-Clock day. There was more entries than I was expecting there to be. Now we just wait for Anti-Anti-Clock Day ;)

Level 13 for me. I remember a few years back when I was 2 deposits away from reaching this level, then I lost the internet completely for years. I'm pleased I managed to get here before the crappy new levels arrive. Level 13 looks really odd with me though :/

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 00:25:41

yay for afro! congrats on getting the bat :D hopefully you'll stay with it in the morning, i think you will. now lets go knock some balls back and forth...

wait, what?

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 00:41:28

also, congrats to Denvish for reaching level 19! though he will probably fall back, didn't check, but those levels are mean :( what a sexy flail you have there ;)

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 00:59:51

At 8/27/06 12:15 AM, Afro_Stud wrote: Levelling up will become absolutely meaningless when the new levels arrive. It will just be a case of "ooh look new level".

You can thank all the level 9 whiners for that one. I'm looking forward to the new level icons myself but it's kinda like a slap in the face to all the regulars who kept up with their deposits over the years. Pros and cons come with any deal.

Pretty much like how it is on Retrogade =(

Ouch. You do happen to spend a great deal of time there Afro_Stud.

At 8/26/06 07:38 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
What day is it today? Another Clock parody perhaps? I've made 24 points in less than 30 minutes!
Anti-Clock day. There was more entries than I was expecting there to be. Now we just wait for Anti-Anti-Clock Day ;)

Heh, I've been using the 2 button like a .30 cal machine gun for the last 5 hours. Looks like my protection points are getting another boost.

Level 13 for me. I remember a few years back when I was 2 deposits away from reaching this level, then I lost the internet completely for years.

Damn that sucks. Libraries and internet cafes are one way to deposit your experience.

It's possible for three people to keep a secret..... as long as two of 'em are dead. o_0

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 01:38:31

Congrats to:
The Level-uppers
-absentminded-
Stretchysumo
theworldismine
The Rank-upper
Mad-Cow
The Blammers
Fedharfuotar
Hemlok
pepeatumi
Pineapple_Sock
The Savers
-MARINE-
Qwoxyl
The Post Whores
-MARINE-
milinko959
Phable
taylorwilsdon

And of course all those that I missed, congrats on your intersting milestones and achievements.

Okay, now it's your turn to do me. 15k Blams. Oh and keep my seat warm, I'll be back tomorrow (I think) for my level up and soon thereafter for breaking into the top 500 EXP.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 02:39:47

At 8/25/06 08:54 PM, Mad-Cow wrote: Elite Guard Second Lieutenant is me.
Taking a little longer to level up because of school, but I'm still tryin!
I believe this took about 20 days? That's pretty good I think, 1500 b/p in 20 days, since I get like, 40-80 a day now :S

Congratulations are in order none the less >:(

Indeed. Congrats. What is with everyone devaluing their b/p rankups lately? 1500 b/p in 20 days is PERFECTLY FINE, man. It's faster than I've b/ped in over 1.5 years. Relax!

At 8/25/06 10:11 PM, Scuba_Man wrote: IM CRAZY, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No, you are teh banned. For that very post, apparently! What a larf, eh?

At 8/25/06 10:21 PM, Rioan wrote:
At 8/25/06 05:55 PM, Nino_JoJ wrote: He's probably waiting for something; 8000 is a big number!
Hmm... it seems to me that 8,000 isn't a very special event for this person.
Oh well.

Indeed.

At 8/25/06 06:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Coop? WTF?
Sorry, I must have had a lot on my mind at the time. It was a mistake, we all make them.
I simply snatched the wrong alias off the top of my head.

You snatched a regular instead of a noob, though. And that is an unforgiveable mistake.

(dramatic pause)

Naw, it's fine. I just thought you seriously thought I was bashing Coop for something, when Coop was perfectly innocent, and thus so was I! Of bashing him. For something some noob did. #;-}>

Glad to see you just had an alias-switcheroo moment there, 'tisall.

That's not offensive, it's just silly and amusing.
I happen to be a very silly and amusing guy.

Good.

Exactly my point. #;-}> But I've announced some pretty stupid things in my day, too. Usually on purpose.
Heh, well I didn't post that on accident. It was intended to be silly and amusing. :P

THE BEST KIND.

One is just a disguised form of the other, I could argue, and basically was.
I must be speaking to an educated person.
peeks at profile ::
I would have to say I am.

You can tell that from my profile?

Is it my age, my Solon quote, or my fine taste in films and music that convinced you? There ain't all that much to tell about someone from their profile aside from what kind of things they like to do on NG, after all. #;-}>

Well, I guess there's the fave artist and animation lists, too...

And thus the circle of idiocy is complete.
It's not a circle, it's a line, because the idiocy will never be complete, only paused.
This can be proven by just one more dumb person seeing that post and following along.

By circle, I meant a repeating cycle, over and over and over again, so just as infinite as the line. I guess an even better metaphor for these cases is always a helix, though. An infinite spiral. Like a line, with no beginning OR end... but like a circle (if viewed from the right angle), always circling around and around and around, repeating history.

Such is time (that's how I see time, at least)

And idiocy, as well, we've now discovered! #;-}>

Time and idiocy... who knew! The hidden link.

How about we just shrug off the discussion of zerocrazy being an alt?

Done and done. I normally like to talk things to death. If you don't like to do that, just feel free to crop those parts of convos out of my quotes. #;-}>

At 8/26/06 01:47 AM, -absentminded- wrote: I have now reached level 13.

Congrats.

It's quite odd seeing a weapon as my level icon. No longer do I have a fist to occupy that space. Probably be the last "old style" icon I get to before level icon updates.

I've seen weapons for my level icons (on all three accounts) for so long that I can't really relate to that feeling... but I know exactly what you mean about the old style icon wistfulness. I'm feeling kinda sad, too, about things like that...

At 8/24/06 06:37 AM, gfoxclock wrote: You wanna level up on your birthday, eh? Well, stop depositing days into your "life exp" account for a day or two, and then you'll get your wish. HOORAY!
Hah, if only these life accounts had snazzy features like THAT.

Quite!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 02:40:14

At 8/26/06 04:06 AM, Major_punk wrote:
At 8/26/06 01:47 AM, -absentminded- wrote:
I have wanted the bat for a long time and it's one of my favourites, too bad it'll take me 3+ months to reach which will be too late for the new levels. I'm gonna end up skipping right over it and never be able to reach it. =(

;_;

That makes me sad for ya. It's possible the new icons/levels won't happen in November, though. You have a slight chance of getting to 13/the bat/the weapon levels before the changeover happens, provided there's a slight delay, even.

KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

Oh, and if you REALLY want level 13, just make an alt right now and start depositing. Even under the current system, it wouldn't take all THAT long to get an alt up from 1 to 13... and under the new system? It'll be super fast.

But all of this is assuming level 13 is still level 13, BTW. How do we know for sure we'll be skipping over the levels? I assume there will be some sort of skippage as well, but I kinda doubt that ALL the new levels will be between 31 and 60. I think they'll mix 'em together somewhat.

Is there any definitive statement about that from Tom Fulp or liljim or Stamper or anyone? Am I that out of it? #;-}>

But I'm sure there will be other cool icons.

True enough. I hope they blow us away and make all us grouchy old folks totally uncaring about the levels we'll be missing.

At 8/26/06 08:50 AM, Fedharfuotar wrote:
FEDHARFUOTAR, get yer head out of your ass and just be happy you hit 1000 blams and stop apologising for not being a NG stat god. We all do what we can, eh?
*apologises for apologising*

Heh! Greatness.

Just had to say that, but it is easy to feel inferior here.

That's silly. As much as I love stats, stats are just stats. They're not proof of a person's greatness. They're not measures of intelligence, sense of humour, great personality, or any of the other things that matter in a person.

Besides I do have real life. And I'm totally happy with that.

Good for you. #;-}>

So next time, after you mention a (quite impressive, BTW) stat achievement, go on to mention something going on in your real life and other such positive things instead of dwelling on how other users make your accomplishment look less good. Cause they don't, damnit.

:::ends pep rally speech:::

Oh, and thanks to everybody who has congratulated me now and before.

I'm still just laughing at how seriously people take stats. Me included, it seems.

Well, I've wasted a ton of free time on stats, but I've never taken them all that seriously. A lot of people don't see the fun in wasting time on something you don't take super-seriously, but to me that's what's great about having tons of different hobbies. You can't be super-passionate about all of them, and some are more silly, some more serious, etc. etc. than others.

At 8/26/06 09:12 AM, sonip wrote: um a whole thread about lvling what has the world come to ?

IT'S COME TO YOUR DOORSTEP, AND IT WANTS YOUR SOUL.

At 8/26/06 12:37 PM, DaRkZiEz wrote: Hey guys, sorry about not being here and making some congrat lists, my grandmother died and I had to but NG to the side for a few days. But I'll be back and have my daily list tonight.

Dude, why are you apologising?! Family = more important than a congrats list, period. And a death in the family?!

Best wishes to you, your grandmother, and the rest of your family.

At 8/27/06 12:15 AM, Afro_Stud wrote:
At 8/26/06 01:47 AM, -absentminded- wrote: It's quite odd seeing a weapon as my level icon. No longer do I have a fist to occupy that space.
I actually think it suits you :o

I quite agree. I'm trying to think of his posts with the level 12 glove, but it's just not working for me. Light aura + wooden bat = teh perfect for him, somehow.

Yeah, new levels are gonna be shit. What's the point of levelling up so quick?

Hear, hear. I'm with ya.

Levelling up will become absolutely meaningless when the new levels arrive. It will just be a case of "ooh look new level". Pretty much like how it is on Retrogade =(

I wouldn't say ABSOLUTELY meaningless, but certainly far less impressive.

RG, and the new 60 level NG, are easier to level up on that oldschool 6+ years of exp history 30 level NG, but they won't stay that way forever.

Each and every day the level 30 (or 60) deposits on RG and NG, the systems become closer and closer to the current difficulty of NG's exp system. Long may she wave.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 02:43:51

Anywho... boy have I posted a lot this week.

Having a four day weekend away from work'll help with that, though!

8888 posts, baby! Yeah! Woo hoo!

wait, is there something I'm forgetting?

Oh year. Final level up under the classic NG level system. Level 21. A nice level, though not one of my HOLY TOP 5 (16, 24, 25, 15, 20, in that order more or less).

If the new level system goes how most of us seem to think it will... then I am sad I won't be experiencing level 22 with this, my original NG account... and I am OVERJOYED I won't be experiencing level 23 with it... but then I am absolutely crushed I won't be level 24 or 25 with it. ;_;

Beyond level 25 was like a hazy dreamworld, anyway, so I'll shed no tears for that far-off land, but... levels 24 and 25....

I'll miss you. ;_;

Anywho... enough sadness.

HOORAY, LEVEL 21!!!! A good number, an axe, and a level up. Doesn't get much better than that.

BLACKJACK, BABY!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 02:48:19

At 8/27/06 02:40 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I quite agree. I'm trying to think of his posts with the level 12 glove, but it's just not working for me. Light aura + wooden bat = teh perfect for him, somehow.

it's clearly the shit ;)

congrats, i reached 2,222 earlier, but 8888 > 2222 :P

Oh year. Final level up under the classic NG level system. Level 21. A nice level, though not one of my HOLY TOP 5 (16, 24, 25, 15, 20, in that order more or less).

ah, k, wasn't going crazy. well congrats, what a lovely axe of yours :D

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 02:58:55

At 8/27/06 02:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Oh year. Final level up under the classic NG level system. Level 21. A nice level, though not one of my HOLY TOP 5 (16, 24, 25, 15, 20, in that order more or less).

(cough)

Replace that "year" up there with either "yeah" or "yer"... whichever suits your mood, yo. #;-}>

HOORAY, LEVEL 21!!!! A good number, an axe, and a level up. Doesn't get much better than that.

BLACKJACK, BABY!

I forgot to post my 1337 deposit messages from yesterday and then today:

Thank you for your deposit, gfoxcook! You now have 14,070 experience points. You need 2 more to get to level 21.

So close!

Thank you for your deposit, gfoxcook! You now have 14,080 experience points. You need 1,132 more to get to level 22.

... and sooooo far. #;-}>

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 03:02:36

At 8/27/06 02:48 AM, ZekeysSlave wrote:
At 8/27/06 02:40 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I quite agree. I'm trying to think of his posts with the level 12 glove, but it's just not working for me. Light aura + wooden bat = teh perfect for him, somehow.
it's clearly the shit ;)

Man, there are sure are a lot of you light auraed bat people on this, the 1622nd page of teh level up!.... FAR TOO MANY!

We need some neutral aura level 16s in here... STAT!

congrats, i reached 2,222 earlier, but 8888 > 2222 :P

2222 is pretty damned cool. So says the alt about to hit 222 when his owner hits "Post It!"

ah, k, wasn't going crazy. well congrats, what a lovely axe of yours :D

You thought you were going crazy because something seemed out of place about my posts, eh? My ol' black mallet was missing and something felt a bit off, eh? I understand. I agree, in fact. My new axe is nifty, but it looks damned weird under my name and next to my posts. I'll give it a month or so to sink in. JUST IN TIME FOR THE NEW LEVEL SYSTEM TO COME IN AND TAKE IT AWAY. #;-}>

Anywho, no more posting for me for awhile. 8888 + 222 = numbers gfox can't resist stopping on for a few days.

Have a great night, all... great rest of the weekend (should you have a normal Sat/Sun weekend... my gf's on Monday/Tuesday weekends now, which is teh suck).... and a great week!

GOOD NIGHT NOW.

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 03:18:40

At 8/27/06 02:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
If the new level system goes how most of us seem to think it will... then I am sad I won't be experiencing level 22 with this, my original NG account... and I am OVERJOYED I won't be experiencing level 23 with it... but then I am absolutely crushed I won't be level 24 or 25 with it. ;_;

Beyond level 25 was like a hazy dreamworld, anyway, so I'll shed no tears for that far-off land, but... levels 24 and 25....

I'll miss you. ;_;

BLACKJACK, BABY!

Heh, I like to extend my congratulations to you gfoxcook. You might not experience level 22 on your primary account, but perhaps one of your alts. can be the cataylst for those "skipped" levels.. :-)

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 05:12:12

At 8/27/06 02:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: BLACKJACK, BABY!

Congrats to teh Gregory.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 06:07:56

Congrats to:

-MARINE- - 1000 saves, 2000 posts
-MetalDart- - Account officially one year old :P
milinko959 - 3000 posts
Afro_Stud - Level 13. :D
Denvish - Level 19
phileeguy - 15000 blams
gfoxcook - 8888 posts, Level 21. Damn, now you look like Recon.
ZekeysSlave - 2222 posts
gfoxclock - 222 posts, 11000 EXP. #;-}>

At 8/26/06 09:12 AM, sonip wrote: um a whole thread about lvling what has the world come to ?

Go away.

At 8/26/06 02:54 PM, Feedback- wrote: Anti-Clock Day doesn't seem as active as I thought it would be. :/

Well, it was active later on.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 08:06:55

Dildo on a chain. Hate it.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 09:26:50

At 8/27/06 08:06 AM, Denvish wrote: Dildo on a chain. Hate it.

I remember having that icon. Congratz on that and 14K posts.
gfoxcook level up as wel about time :)
Afro_Stud level up.
Congratz to the last say everyone else I missed in my departure from the topic for some time now..

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 10:43:17

2000 Expirience points for RedCoin.

At 8/27/06 08:06 AM, Denvish wrote: Dildo on a chain. Hate it.

Well, when the new layout comes you can kiss it goodbye.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 10:46:43

Alrighty, I got unbanned, remembered my account is now over a year old, and got over 200 PMs.

Yay?

wew

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 11:15:48

If its any signifigance i now have 5500 posts. I feel fairly proud actually.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2006-08-27 12:46:30

At 8/27/06 12:36 PM, BonusStage wrote: Fuck Dark, don't let death take you down, last thing your grandmother would want is for you to mope around, be happy, better in peace wherever you go next than suffering in life.

Thanks man, you're deffinately right, that is what my garmma would want, so in that case.....

(8/26/06) Congrats List

Hemlok- 7000 blams
-MetalDart-- 1 Year NG Anniversary
-MARINE-- 2000 posts
milinko959- 3000 posts

Wow, yesterday had to be the topics slowest day ever.

But thanks BS for opening up my mind :) Much appreciated

BBS Signature