At 5/22/06 01:42 PM, EnglishPanda wrote:
It's a shame it exposes them people for what they are, un-abled mentally retarded kids that cannot figure out it's physically impossible to get level 30 and those that have level 30 status had extra help. The site hasn't even been up long enough to get all them experience points for any member, even tom fulp could not pull it off.
Huh? I think you're the one who's confused here. Let me sum up the facts for you:
1) There's just one user currently who's level 30 (Pimp), so speaking up "those that have level 30 status" makes little sense, as it implies there's more than one such person.
2) Pimp has 23366 XP right now. The XP/Level system's been there for 2351 days, so the amount of XP that someone could've gotten from depositing alone is 23510 already - more than Pimp has.
3) The actual theoretical amount of XP that someone *could* have today is even higher, especially since there used to be a system where you got XP for referring others to the site.
4) As such, there is no reason to even suspect that Pimp or anyone else got "extra help".
5) On a side note, considering Tom's the site owner, there's pretty much nothing he couldn't do; if he wanted to give you an extra 1000000 XP tomorrow, there would be no technical reasons why he couldn't.
6) However, there is no reason why Tom or anyone else who has the ability to do so (Wade and Liljim at least, I guess) actually would do so.
7) Quite the opposite - since the site depends on its users voting on new submissions, and since the XP/BP point system encourages people to do just that, it would be a bad move to manipulate that system; it'd only result in frustration and users turning away from the site. And since Tom's making money with the site (not to mention paying for things like colo, bandwidth, office space etc.), he would definitely not do anything that would hurt the site.
There you go.