00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sinister Sig Makers Reborn

366,895 Views | 8,488 Replies

Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 11:30:20

Welcome to the realm of the Sinister Sig Makers Reborn
My thanks to War Machine for permission to rebuild this crew, and the use of the rules from the Original SSM!

Member List:
Juggernaut
Zen_Gaijin
-Noir-
FinalSketch
NGCA
Kirkus
Oni
War Machine

Former members of the SSM are invited to return also. Just post here that you would like to be part of the team.

Membership is limited to the above named artists, in an attempt to ensure all New Grounds members the highest quality sigs available. Before someone may join the team, the group will vote, and the majority will rule.

New additions to the collective will be offered a “try out” for a specific period of time. Once the try out is over, the group will decide if the member stays or goes.

The artists above have been selected to participate in this group based on their previous work, work ethic, consistency, and ability to work within the team.

Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. In order to do our part to minimize the strain on NGs bandwidth, however, we request that sigs be posted by team members, or those who are being evaluated ONLY.

Artists are asked to observe the following guidelines:
1. This thread is “n00b” friendly. There is way too much crap being given to new users. This thread should give them an opportunity to request a sig, without being attacked. Don’t get me wrong; anyone who “earns” a flaming should get it. Let’s just try to keep it reasonable.
2. Keep the initial sig submission to one sig per user. While there will be times that two or more artists will take a request, and post a sig; we need to consider the bandwidth, and try to maintain some level of communication so that this is the exception, rather than the norm.
3. Remember that some modifications are expected. The users who request a sig have a mental vision of what they want. Our job is to bring that vision to life. Don’t take offense to someone asking for a few REASONABLE changes.
4. Most of us have been doing this long enough that it isn’t unreasonable for a user to request a particular person. When this happens, let the requested artist handle the sig.
5. Once again, please limit the posting of sigs to those who are recognized members of the SSM, or those who have been offered a tryout.

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 11:31:24

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A SIG

Please help us, to help you by giving up some basic information. While we appreciate your faith in us, please try to refrain from requests like, “I don’t care what you put in it, as long as it’s cool”. That will assure you that you’ll get something that is reflective of OUR personality, not yours. The more specific you can be will assure that you will be happy with the sig you end up with. Also note that each member of the SSM collective has a distinct, and different style. Your specifications will help us to figure out whose style is best suited to your request.

Sometimes, due to the physical, and file size restraints on the bbs will make it impossible to create exactly what you request. In these cases we will make every effort to get as close to what you want as possible.

We generally are not in the practice of posting several sigs for one person. It’s inevitable that this will occur from time to time, but please don’t ask for several of us to make you one so that you can pick the one you like the most. We’re not here to compete with one another. If you would like a specific person to make your sig, just say so. None of us will take offense. You can take a look at some examples of each artists work by clicking on the sig pic below, and following the links; or you can click on the sig pic of the artist you’re interested in.

Once your sig is posted, it’s not unusual for a few minor adjustments to be requested. Please take a good look at your sig, and make sure that the adjustments you ask for are reasonable, and that you address all of them. The best way to get on our bad side is to ask us to retool your sig over, and over. Finally, once you have your sig, Use it for a little while. I’d say a couple of weeks would be a reasonable time frame. If frequent name changes are your thing, then try requesting one that doesn’t have your name in it. If you really have your heart set on a new sig every day, you might consider downloading one of the many good graphics programs, and learning to make them for yourself.

Profile pics
If you’d like one, most of us are willing to do them, provided we aren’t swamped with requests.

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 11:35:44

you could have added the html tags the original post by w_m had, you know.

hopefully mods will find this thread a worthy one and won't lock it.

words

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 11:37:23

At 8/14/05 11:35 AM, Natron wrote: you could have added the html tags the original post by w_m had, you know.

hopefully mods will find this thread a worthy one and won't lock it.

Didn't know about the tags...Thanks. I believe you were -Nathan-, were you not?

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 11:43:38

can i please have a sig its a simple one i want one that says nothin like a peep with a peep on it

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 11:45:14

Kind of a strange one, but we'll take care of it.

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:14:05

I gotta tell you, I didn't know what the hell to do with this one! See if you like this.

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:16:58

Excellent. Hopefully, we learned from the rocky path we so often stumbled upon in the previous thread, and avoid another series of troublesome events. It is only condign that the SSM deserves another go around.

If we keep up with the requests, we'll never fall behind.
I'll take some initiative and mantain the request list for the upcoming week.

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:19:21

Good man! Here's to a successful run!

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:27:36

Hey -Juggernaut- could you make me one based off of my alias?

I'm interested in what a great sig maker like you would come up with...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:28:18

Wow this seems really familiar well I'm outta retirement just for this. I hope the old trends don't resurface in this topic. I'm being optimistic and assuming things will be all better.

Well I'm good at still sigs and I'm not much of an artist but come to me if you want a grpahic heavy sig.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:28:28

At 8/14/05 12:27 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: Hey -Juggernaut- could you make me one based off of my alias?

I'm interested in what a great sig maker like you would come up with...

No problem, I'm on it

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:28:30

At 8/14/05 12:14 PM, -Juggernaut- wrote: I gotta tell you, I didn't know what the hell to do with this one! See if you like this.

Wow... that's pretty hell good!!!

I'll make a special request for my forum if I may,

I would like a sig that says:
www.GamersForum.ca
"Where the games takes his sense"

In it I would like to have all sort of computer parts... so it look technologic... here I know, a tech sig that would says what I mention above.

P.S. Time is NOT an issue here,
P.S.2 If you could use a 467 x 60 format; it would be perfect!
Thanks a lot in advance.

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:30:02

At 8/14/05 12:28 PM, Zen_Gaijin wrote: Wow this seems really familiar well I'm outta retirement just for this. I hope the old trends don't resurface in this topic. I'm being optimistic and assuming things will be all better.

Well I'm good at still sigs and I'm not much of an artist but come to me if you want a grpahic heavy sig.

That's right! Zen will hook you up.

I do both stills and animation types, so don't hesitate to ask!

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:33:35

i would like an animated sig with some weird partyish bg and a dancing monkey with my name in some weird font that fits the theme. also, i would like a bag of dancing guacamole doritos. that's all.

i signed up in 2004 you preteen cunts, get off my lawn

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:37:15

I don't make animated signatures regularly. Neither am I huge on tech or abstract signatures, still or moving. My talent lies in semi-grunge signatures, very wholesome character-based signatures, and filling request oddities. I can think -beyond the border- and give sigs a rather explosive and in your face look.

If you want a engaging and loud sig, come to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:37:56

Can i have on similar to the one i've posted (bu Carmel) but cusomize it as you see fit, go with what you will think looks good.

As long as my rank and level pictures are included.

Thanks in advance.

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:39:06

At 8/14/05 12:37 PM, Tom_s00 wrote:

Why do i always forget the pic?

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:40:53

At 8/14/05 12:39 PM, Tom_s00 wrote:

Heheh. I'll tackle this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:56:59

At 8/14/05 12:40 PM, -Oni- wrote: sorry juggs :)

Don't be! Looks better than mine....like I said, I just couldn't think of anything good for that!

And welcome aboard!

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 12:57:14

I would like to join. Could u vote on me.

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:06:09

At 8/14/05 11:37 AM, -Juggernaut- wrote: I believe you were -Nathan-, were you not?

iamnone. as you may or may not remember, i change my alias quite a lot. take a quick glance at my profile next time, you'll probably notice the egsc.

At 8/14/05 12:57 PM, AlexBitch wrote: I would like to join. Could u vote on me.

users who worth joining get tryouts when new members are needed. the thread was started only a few hours ago - i doubt the group needs new members.

words

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:12:10

Done by Zen:

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:13:36

I can add the text if you wish...

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:19:00

Best of luck to you guys, you'll do great, I sincerely hope.

Can I get a sig? No need to reference muffins on it, but the text "BBM", and a nebula style background would be great.

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:21:16

At 8/14/05 12:39 PM, Tom_s00 wrote:

Haha, so much for my touch of originality. :)
If I think up something better and more stylish, I'll surely revamp it for ya.

Although, Carmelha has a very distinct and original layout for this sig, so its difficult to compete in the style catagory.

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:28:49

At 8/14/05 01:21 PM, -noir- wrote: Haha, so much for my touch of originality. :)

No dude thats sweeeeeeee
et.

Although, Carmelha has a very distinct and original layout for this sig, so its difficult to compete in the style catagory.

No worries this was exaclty what i was looking for thanks alot <3

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:33:00

noir, could you make me a harry potter based sig with my name on it in the original harry potter letters but dont make it the same layout as TBF's is.
plz and thx!

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:36:05

can one of the S.S.M's make me a moving naruto sig with my name on it plz if u can't find many naruto movingg images here's an ok website but its only a suggestion.

http://www.naruto-ku..m/animated+gifs.html

thx if u can.

BBS Signature

Response to Sinister Sig Makers Reborn 2005-08-14 13:36:24

At 8/14/05 01:33 PM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: noir, could you make me a harry potter based sig with my name on it in the original harry potter letters but dont make it the same layout as TBF's is.
plz and thx!

Couldn't fit the 92.

BBS Signature