i liked the additions to the story

inflateabledummy
inflateabledummy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Aug. 14th, 2005 @ 12:40 AM Reply

At 8/13/05 10:53 PM, TheRevirdDotCom3 wrote: no way, the old one was much better, i grew up with that movie

I agree with you but i did think it was good but still if i did grow attached to the 1st one!

Yeah whats it is son!

BBS Signature
Romolo
Romolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Aug. 14th, 2005 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 8/13/05 10:51 PM, TheRevirdDotCom wrote: So do you think it should have been remade? And which one was better?

It wasn't remade, it was another adaptation of Roald Dahl's novel.

As Green_Lanturn said, it's pretty much a question that is self-explanatory. The original was deemed a classic, and nothing can top a classic. Not to say I didn't enjoy the most recent adaptation. I'm just saying there was no need for another version. That would be the equivalent of remaking A Streetcar Named Desire with another actor playing Stanley Kowalski. Gene Wilder did a fantastic job of making that role forever his. Look into the commentary of the classic or read his auto-biography, he put countless hours of work in creating a unique, two-sided, brilliant, and slightly mad chocolateer.

BBS Signature
glarbage
glarbage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Aug. 14th, 2005 @ 12:53 AM Reply

well, i think that both movies are bad ass.

JeremyLokken
JeremyLokken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Aug. 14th, 2005 @ 12:54 AM Reply

The new one rocks on a different level. It's pretty funny too. The Willy Wonka character is focused on more in the new one and explains a lot about why he is the way he is. It's not a remake, I heard it was based on the book. A lot of the humor wasn't even for kids. I saw it with kids in the audience, kids weren't laughing. A few adults laughed, but now the question of whether if it's a comedy, drama, adventure, fantasy, scifi?

Rainbow Animations <-- for my website.

mrFAHRENHEIT
mrFAHRENHEIT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Aug. 14th, 2005 @ 01:03 AM Reply

the actors name is gene wilder of young frankenstien fame, i saw him on conan the other night.

and secondly, i dont consider myself a movie buff but i really couldnt bring myself to like the remake. yes it was well made but the writing and concepts were just unbearable. Depp became a popularty puppet, i wish they would have gone with a less known face. the reason i saw it in the first place is because its a burton film which i later found out that his creative director did most of the work which further dissapointed me. the oompa loompas were gay for lack of a better word, all done by the same person and their songs werent entertaining or original, rather a cheap gimick for laughs.

i much prefer the classic.