Respond to this Topic
EvilNancyReagan
EvilNancyReagan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 20th, 2001 @ 11:39 PM Reply

So what does everyone think of CRAZY SHUTTLE?

Man Crazy Shuttle kicks ass! i could play it for hours! But where the hell did those graphics come from?
there so nostalgic, reminds me of my SNES days.... Tom you kick ass!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 20th, 2001 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 4/20/01 09:35 PM, VicViper wrote: Damn, my computer sucks. I'm having trouble moving. Can you please put low quality in it?

It is in low quality. :(

I see tremendous differences in how it runs on different computers... On my new computer vs. my old computer (Wade's), you can't see much difference with a lot of Flash - but there is a clear difference with this. When I play the standalone game (outside of a web browser), it runs at 30fps and is sweeeeeet... The browser slows it down some, but it still runs great on my computer. On Wade's it is slow but ok. On Ross's Mac it crawls.

-Tom

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
MadnessHero
MadnessHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 20th, 2001 @ 11:41 PM Reply

First off, that was fun. Although it would be even FUNNER if you can splatter them on the back of your car.
The backgrounds could have been more random, and It could use a distance meter.
But where did you get the walking sprites?
The buff guy and The B!+C |-| were pretty clear, but where did you get the pink girl?
It looks familar from a video game I played a long time ago, although I'm sure it was clearer that that.
Tell me where you got the sprites at E_R_O_C_K_@hotmail.com, will ya?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 20th, 2001 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 4/20/01 10:53 PM, aerisama wrote: almost felt bad when hitting the girl in the pink dress, the splatter effects were amusing. from what arcade did you steal the streetwalker graphics? at least the dark haired female in white pants and the guy were _very_ alike with the sprites of jack tenrec and hannah dundee of the cadillacs & dinosaurs (capcom 1993) fame. don't know about the pink dressed girl though, how about giving some credit to the original authors and telling us all about it :)

The guy in the white t-shirt is Cody from Final Fight (Capcom). The girl is from Cadiallacs & Dinosaurs. I have a sweet animated gif of the Punisher (also Capcom), but he doesn't really fit the setting. :)

The girl in the pink dress is from 3x3 Eyes... I would like to get more sprites from that game if it has more that are similar to that - she has such an innocent look. I want all the characters to be based on her style. The girl from Cadillacs and Dinosaurs doesn't really fit, but I wanted to add at least a third person. I could easily add 100s if I had sprites!

-Tom

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 20th, 2001 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 4/20/01 11:39 PM, EvilNancyReagan wrote: So what does everyone think of CRAZY SHUTTLE?

Man Crazy Shuttle kicks ass! i could play it for hours! But where the hell did those graphics come from?
there so nostalgic, reminds me of my SNES days.... Tom you kick ass!

The background comes from Metal Slug. The shuttle is based on a car from Metal Slug, but I did some heavy modifications to make it look like the Drexel Shuttle. I also did modifications to the background - I changed the shops to XANDO and Urban Outfitters (which actually originated in Philly, I believe). I also added the Catherine Drexel mural to the allyway - that mural of the nun was painted on the side of a building across from my old apartment, so I could go out on the fire escape and look at that wretched thing every morning.

The people were from Final Fight, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, and 3x3 Eyes. I think that covers all the graphics. The theme is based on Crazy Taxi and the movie is by DJ Assault (of Ass 'n Titties fame). :)

-Tom

BBS Signature
MadnessHero
MadnessHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 20th, 2001 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 4/20/01 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote:

The girl in the pink dress is from 3x3 Eyes... I would like to get more sprites from that game if it has more that are similar to that - she has such an innocent look. I want all the characters to be based on her style.

Just make a guy running to school, and lets 'help him on his way' :-)
Besides, it would be a perfect match to the girl in the pink dress.
And is 3x3 eyes a super nintendo game, and do you know where I can play it? ^_^;;

Dark-Sk8er-Grrrl
Dark-Sk8er-Grrrl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 12:03 AM Reply

here is a sprite you could use for a prostitute. you could put her against the side of a building

Crazy Shuttle!

Dark-Sk8er-Grrrl
Dark-Sk8er-Grrrl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 4/21/01 12:03 AM, MetalGearRay wrote: here is a sprite you could use for a prostitute. you could put her against the side of a building

another prostitute character

Crazy Shuttle!

kee-chain
kee-chain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 12:09 AM Reply

holy crap, that's fun, just needs like diff levels and characters, maybe some other features, cool game though

mrfixit
mrfixit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 12:09 AM Reply

I like it!!! Crazy, fucked-up fun..

nickhead
nickhead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 12:33 AM Reply

VERY VERY good job Tom. I thought that this was hilarious considering i saw on Channel 6 Philly news that a bus hit some people. I did miss some of the perks that most Newgrounds games have. Such as the high scores page and a synopsis. Things like that. The game itself is by far my favorite in house game. loved it! just missed the nice things about other games where you run over people like the high scores page. oh well...extraordinary none the less

thisisnotmike
thisisnotmike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 12:58 AM Reply

I keep running over my clientel! I thought it was hilarious when they go flew out the window when I slammed on the brakes too hard. Hehehe.

thebestporter
thebestporter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 01:02 AM Reply

that kicked ass!!!

CaptainLowRez
CaptainLowRez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 01:14 AM Reply

At 4/20/01 05:16 PM, jonno wrote: THIS GAME FUCKING RULES! i could play for hours!!

Then why the hell are you still playing?

Lurker-X
Lurker-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 01:27 AM Reply

Needs more screaming. Not the tortured screams of the mortally wounded, but the screams of terror as the pedestrians realize their impending doom. It's not the pain, man, it's the FEAR!!!

3D-French-Fry
3D-French-Fry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 01:42 AM Reply

Hahaha, I love running over people... now we all see why there's no Pico 2, eh? (You bastard, that was one cruel April Fool's) Yeah, No more cheap repeats! Let's see the real Pico 2 and prepare to make geriatric losers soil their adult diapers in DiSoRdErLy!!!! Seriously, I like the shuttle... where the hell did you rip the sprites from?

conrad
conrad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 02:08 AM Reply

At 4/20/01 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Hurrah, I'm actually releasing a new game of my own!!! Check out CRAZY SHUTTLE!

I actually made this game for our local Drexel-parody website, where we pick on our University... This game in particular makes fun of the way our shuttle service sucks and has run over students on several occasions. I made the original version for April 1st, but then I kept adding more features - so now it kicks so much ass that I thought EVERYONE should play it! Be sure you have a fast computer, though - it is pretty graphics-intensive.

We just switched to new servers, so hopefully the site is running ok. Report any new bugs to Ross!

HELL YEAH BRO THATS ENTERTAINING YOU SHOULD SUBMIT MORE STUFF YOU DA MASTA AT DIS SHIT HERE IT WAS LIKE DRIVER BUT YOU CAN RUN OVER PEOPLE N' BLOOD N' BLAST NITRO BUT YEAH THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IVE PLAYED ON NEWGROUNDS COME UP WIT MO CRAZY SHIT I GOTS TA SPLIT -PIMPMASTA LOVE

conrad
conrad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 02:15 AM Reply

At 4/20/01 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Hurrah, I'm actually releasing a new game of my own!!! Check out CRAZY SHUTTLE!

I actually made this game for our local Drexel-parody website, where we pick on our University... This game in particular makes fun of the way our shuttle service sucks and has run over students on several occasions. I made the original version for April 1st, but then I kept adding more features - so now it kicks so much ass that I thought EVERYONE should play it! Be sure you have a fast computer, though - it is pretty graphics-intensive.

We just switched to new servers, so hopefully the site is running ok. Report any new bugs to Ross!

"HELL YEAH BRO THATS ENTERTAINING YOU SHOULD SUBMIT MORE STUFF YOU DA MASTA AT DIS SHIT HERE IT WAS LIKE DRIVER BUT YOU CAN RUN OVER PEOPLE N' BLOOD N' BLAST NITRO BUT YEAH THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IVE PLAYED ON NEWGROUNDS COME UP WIT MO CRAZY SHIT I GOTS TA SPLIT" -PIMPMASTA LOVE

Krabbit
Krabbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 02:59 AM Reply

Hehehe, I love this game, running down those slow pedestrians, watching people flying through your windshield. The whole idea and way it is set up makes it lotsa fun. Great job, and thanks Tom, I really needed this after a shitty day.
-Krabbs-

Crazy Shuttle!

BruceLee19
BruceLee19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 03:25 AM Reply

That was awesome!!! I like how you had the Final Fight characters in it. Great job!

Crazy Shuttle!

Perrywinkle
Perrywinkle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 03:28 AM Reply

Kinda reminds me of Carrrrrazy Taxi! (Yeah, It's spelt 'crazy' but the guy says it Carazy, so :P) It's sweet just knocking over ppl at slow speeds then JUMPING ON THEM, AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

humantarget52
humantarget52
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 05:54 AM Reply

BLAM!
100 nitrous!

Crazy Shuttle!

blockbuster
blockbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 06:05 AM Reply

Funny!
I kill more people than I brought home lol

Crazy Shuttle!

Duffath
Duffath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 06:10 AM Reply

game is good a tad repetetive but I like

hey look at this picture of a snowman I made with my mates one time!!!

Crazy Shuttle!

EvilWallPaper
EvilWallPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 06:15 AM Reply

Dude thats 5//337
ive got a few good screen shots from inhouse games maybe there could be a section on the site where you put shit like that

Crazy Shuttle!

holocaustx123
holocaustx123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 07:04 AM Reply

Nice, But you should have some nitros laying around, so if were out, we can get more, the graphics are phat.

Cracker-Clock
Cracker-Clock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 07:05 AM Reply

Very cool. I found a way to drive backwards in the game, I don't know if anyone knows this, but, just in case, I'm gonna tell you how. Say you're driving right, well, keep driving right, don't let go of the right arrow key. Now, press the left arrow key, but don't hold it down. Now, you have a common excuse to hit somebody, just say, "I was backing up and the dude was behind me."

bronson
bronson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 09:11 AM Reply

hah that game is awesome! it had a catchy tune, what the hell is that song called?

destructomachine
destructomachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 09:59 AM Reply

I think it was really good,it really made me release my anger on Starcraft stress so if i could rate this i would rate it 10 overall

Sanny
Sanny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Crazy Shuttle! Apr. 21st, 2001 @ 10:10 AM Reply

This game kicks so much ass!