00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

klydewitakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

228,610 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 19:15:02

So Christmas is around the corner.

What ya'll doing this year?

I usually go to Scotland but I'm staying in England just because I'm pissed off at my dad for trying to kill me.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 19:20:47

At 11/2/07 07:15 PM, Brick-top wrote: So Christmas is around the corner.

Joy to the world, the lord has come...

I usually go to Scotland but I'm staying in England just because I'm pissed off at my dad for trying to kill me.

Thats too bad, did you live?

Why do most people that post on this thread have dark or evil auras?

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 19:21:11

Oooh, an athiest army!

I'm in! ^_^

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 19:22:18

At 11/2/07 07:21 PM, MeatMachine wrote: Oooh, an athiest army!

I'm in! ^_^

another 'evil' person!

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 19:27:09

At 11/2/07 07:20 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote:

Because we are all sinners in the eyes of the church...

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 19:37:37

At 11/2/07 07:27 PM, MeatMachine wrote:
At 11/2/07 07:20 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote:
Because we are all sinners in the eyes of the church...

I dont think atheists are sinners, Im just indifferent to atheism.
Why should I care about such a tiny, abscure minority?

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 20:18:02

Ironically, Santa shall be bringing me some Richard Dawkins literature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 20:27:31

At 11/2/07 06:40 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote:
Relligion is not harming the world ass hat.

Just one example : Stem Cell research.

Because countries such as Australia and the USA have such huge Christian populations, our governments have to make policies that will please them, whether they are right for the country or not.
There is no secular argument against Stem cell therapy, but governments are continuing to slash funding because of religious pressure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 20:28:44

A member is me?

I'm atheist (obviously).

I'm a freshman, and kids my age STILL don't have enough of a brain to question that there's an invisible man in the sky whom watches everything you do every god damn day.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 20:36:30

At 11/2/07 06:40 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: Lets get rid of salt too, because wars have been faught over salt as well.

I don't see salt causing segregation.

Segregation harms the world.

Link

relevant

also, I agree with pointing out the stem cell controversy. Or the Islam vs free speech issue. Even if you think religion is free from being criticised (because it causes segregation) because people fight over anything (although that's not a good excuse to give them a reason, one that involves post-mortal glory) - EVEN IF none of that matters, there's still sharia law and stem cells and every religious assault against freedom and rationality, ever. Religion still holds that upon its shoulders.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 20:50:12

At 10/26/07 10:46 PM, PieGraphGlock wrote: There's only one way to go; agnosticism.

Agnostics: Atheists without Balls.

Accept the fact that we have no idea of what is (or isn't) beyond our petty lives and there is no way to prove it either way

Bible is full of stories of Magic. It's designed to manipulate primitive people. Anyone with brains can understand this.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-02 21:20:57

At 11/2/07 08:50 PM, 749-Pi wrote:
At 10/26/07 10:46 PM, PieGraphGlock wrote: There's only one way to go; agnosticism.

Correct. 'There's no supporting evidence for all these illogic proposals, but a lot of people believe in it and I don't want to offend their sensibilities.'

Also, I don't see why irreligious people, agnostics, deists, treat atheists like the enemy. On the internet. Totally ballless.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 04:58:36

Ehh... Is it too late to join? Big fan of Nick Gisburne and Richard Dawkinds :D

Nothing yet...

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 10:34:05

At 11/2/07 08:50 PM, 749-Pi wrote:

Atheists: Satanists without balls.
Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, the reason I am here is because I have a few paragraphs critising those really up their arse Christians who go out of their way to make everyone think anything that goes without preaching the word of God for 5 minutes is unholy.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 14:01:28

At 11/2/07 08:18 PM, SadisticMonkey wrote:

Ironically, Santa shall be bringing me some Richard Dawkins literature.

lol.

I remember last year we had to paint the living room and lay down wooden flooring a week before christmas. Bastards had 6 months to do it and they leave it to the last minute. Cunts. Good things I'm not spending this year with them and all I have to worry about is not being sick.

I WANT A SOME LEGOS!!!

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 14:10:35

May I join the club please?

I've been an Atheist since Age 4, and frankly I hate Religions because of there constant whining about us going to Hell/Heaven.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 19:57:39

At 11/3/07 04:58 AM, Mazrix wrote: Ehh... Is it too late to join? Big fan of Nick Gisburne and Richard Dawkinds :D

It's never too late to lose Jesus, brother.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 20:16:56

So anyway, I've joined a debate team, and I know Religion VS. Atheism will come up.
Any pointers?

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 21:16:34

At 11/3/07 08:16 PM, alicetheDroog wrote: So anyway, I've joined a debate team, and I know Religion VS. Atheism will come up.
Any pointers?

Depends. Will it be debating the existence of a God(s), or debating as to whether religious people are more/less moral, dangers of religion to society etc?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 21:24:16

Jesus Dosen't exist! Those who tell me I am not allowed to believe that Jesus dosen't exist are snewbs (sucker newbs) of the HIGHEST LEVEL! I will take up my Gun of Atheism and fire it at churchs and stuff! And ferthermore... I LIKE PIE! Eat that Christanty! HA HA HA!....

Ok... I'm done...

*eats pie*

mmmm.... pie......

Cheap things aren't always good, good things are not always cheap.

Live it. Breath it. Follow it.

Don't be a Snewb (Sucker Newb)

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 21:45:36

At 11/3/07 09:16 PM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
At 11/3/07 08:16 PM, alicetheDroog wrote: So anyway, I've joined a debate team, and I know Religion VS. Atheism will come up.
Any pointers?
Depends. Will it be debating the existence of a God(s), or debating as to whether religious people are more/less moral, dangers of religion to society etc?

From my experience, it's easier to argue against the specifics of religion than it is to argue against deism (a passive God who doesn't care), and religious people really hate it when you insinuate that religion is a negative force for the world. Arguing for the atheist lifestyle against any supposed benefits of religion is a piece of piss.

A good / agitating comparison to make is comparing the religious ideology to a racist ideology; emphasising the segregation and supposed superiority parents and scholars are enforcing through the teaching of said ideology. It's good when you get the 'it's not the religion, it's people using it to their own advantage that's bad' argument; compare it to racism, and say 'it would be foolish not to pin some blame on the ideology'.

Guns are another good argument. Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but guns are a TOOL and it would be foolish to deny that fewer killings would happen if all guns disappeared, regardless of your perspective on gun control.

Mix those two analogies well, and bring down religion.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-03 22:56:27

At 11/3/07 10:07 PM, nooks540 wrote: Me join?

Depends, I'm thinking of a number. Guess it and you're in. Guess it wrong and you'll fall into a pit of hungry pigeons with no anus.

BTW I've decided to make it more like 'saw' so I'm tying you up to a pipe and making you scream like a 4 year old girl with no anus.

NOTHING HAS AN ANUS! THEY'RE A MYTH!

lol.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 00:53:16

At 11/3/07 10:56 PM, Brick-top wrote:
NOTHING HAS AN ANUS! THEY'RE A MYTH!

Damn Jesus Mumbo Jumbo >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 01:48:59

Any pointers?

ya, actually. Someone posted a link some time ago to this site called ebonmusings. org/atheism. Go there and read what you can. The essays there will give you everything you need to win an argument in your club. you should also read some of Dawkins' books. And it doesn't hurt to read the bible and write down some contradictions and such. However, if reading the bible does not sound fun, which it doesn't,go back some pages because someone posted a link to a site full of contradictions in the bible. My favorite was the one about the sins of the father. That one actually helped me win an argument against a christian friend of mine. Finally, if you are a bad public speaker like i am, (i stutter sometimes and my thoughts go faster than my mouth can spit them out), practice speaking in a mirror. Hope these tips helped.

People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 03:48:36

At 11/4/07 01:48 AM, cabosetek wrote: And it doesn't hurt to read the bible and write down some contradictions and such.

I find googling something along the lines of "crazy bible verses" is always good for a laugh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 13:18:58

At 11/2/07 08:27 PM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
At 11/2/07 06:40 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote:
Just one example : Stem Cell research.

You know, there are secular reasins for opposing stem cell research too.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 13:24:23

At 11/4/07 01:18 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: You know, there are secular reasins for opposing stem cell research too.

Really?

My dad is anti abortion for moral reasons and not religious reasons, but even he's pro-stem cells.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 15:29:09

At 11/4/07 01:24 PM, Earfetish wrote: My dad is anti abortion for moral reasons and not religious reasons, but even he's pro-stem cells.

Im pro stem cell research, but there has got to be a limit of what we should do, I dont what to turn abortian clinics into high profit fetus harvesters where people make money off of abortians.

If stem cell research doesnt make abortian a buisness Im fine with it. Besides arnt scientists discovering ways to get stem cells without killing a fetus? If they figured that out everyone on the stem cell debate would be happy.

As for abortian it should be allowed but only if the person would be hurt or the baby would be terminaly ill and in pain, or if the mother is raped.

Tean ages that have sex are idiots, and im a teanager saying this.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 17:21:57

Any pointers?

This site will have every argument you will ever need.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-11-04 18:48:25

I have no problem with abortion or Stem cell.

YAY FOR ME!