Be a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

  • 118,597 Views
  • 3,627 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-27 22:03:24 Reply

At 9/27/07 04:11 PM, Truth wrote: Well no one here said they believe in ghosts. But some atheists do believe in ghosts due to past experience, or they don't feel it has anything to do with God.

Because the existence of ghosts, just like God, is unexplainable to science, is why I asked this question.

Yeah I mean okay, maybe there is ghost out there, even if there is I still think it has nothing to do with mythological beings. The reason I think science cant explain ghost is because they havent looked into the subject enough, there has to be a scientific explaination behind it whenever they find it out.


BBS Signature
GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-27 22:11:45 Reply

Sorry for the double post but here's something I found interesting on what science has an explaination on ghost: http://www.zerotime.com/ghosts/science.h tm


BBS Signature
cabosetek
cabosetek
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-28 00:54:38 Reply

I was just watching South Park, the episode about scientology. I had forgotten how idiotic that "religion" is. Any thoughts? I have to read up on it more before I can really say anything. For now though, I say it's that it is really silly and funny that these people believe this crap.


People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

OPIUMSKUM
OPIUMSKUM
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-28 01:02:33 Reply

At 9/28/07 12:54 AM, cabosetek wrote: I was just watching South Park, the episode about scientology. I had forgotten how idiotic that "religion" is. Any thoughts? I have to read up on it more before I can really say anything. For now though, I say it's that it is really silly and funny that these people believe this crap.

It is nothing like the way south park portrays it, however, it is a cookoo religion nonetheless, based off a self help book of all things, by l. ron hubbard. The church itself is a money making scheme, expecting scientologists to pay butt loads of cash for membership, and they have shitty rules, like for example, you're not allowed to go to court. This belief has become, unsurprisingly, mainly popular among rich people, and has really only become this popular because wack job actors like tom cruise are members.


Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-28 08:56:58 Reply

At 9/27/07 10:11 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: Sorry for the double post but here's something I found interesting on what science has an explaination on ghost: http://www.zerotime.com/ghosts/science.h tm

That's the worst explanation energy. 'Life energy' is food, the electrical impulses in our brain no longer leave a 'memory' than the electric impulses in a clock radio; it's just flowery use of Einstein's law to describe a process that isn't a form of energy; there is no 'life energy'.

GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-28 11:01:44 Reply

At 9/28/07 08:56 AM, Earfetish wrote: That's the worst explanation energy. 'Life energy' is food, the electrical impulses in our brain no longer leave a 'memory' than the electric impulses in a clock radio; it's just flowery use of Einstein's law to describe a process that isn't a form of energy; there is no 'life energy'.

Yeah that's what I thought after I read it again after I posted it, the only form of energy is food energy. Yeah it is true that energy cannot be broken down, but that energy just goes off into the environment.


BBS Signature
Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-28 16:47:47 Reply

At 9/28/07 12:54 AM, cabosetek wrote: I was just watching South Park, the episode about scientology. I had forgotten how idiotic that "religion" is. Any thoughts? I have to read up on it more before I can really say anything. For now though, I say it's that it is really silly and funny that these people believe this crap.

You mean this? I thought it was funny.

Tom Cruise in the closet lol

He-Who-Never-Was
He-Who-Never-Was
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-28 21:34:08 Reply

Heathens.


BBS Signature
GoldOps018
GoldOps018
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-28 23:31:03 Reply

At 9/28/07 12:54 AM, cabosetek wrote: I was just watching South Park, the episode about scientology. I had forgotten how idiotic that "religion" is. Any thoughts? I have to read up on it more before I can really say anything. For now though, I say it's that it is really silly and funny that these people believe this crap.

I thought scientologist just believe that we evolved from apes? I saw the episode, but I didnt think it was serious about scientologist actually believing that.


BBS Signature
cabosetek
cabosetek
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-29 14:56:58 Reply

At 9/28/07 11:31 PM, GoldOps018 wrote:
At 9/28/07 12:54 AM, cabosetek wrote: I was just watching South Park, the episode about scientology. I had forgotten how idiotic that "religion" is. Any thoughts? I have to read up on it more before I can really say anything. For now though, I say it's that it is really silly and funny that these people believe this crap.
I thought scientologist just believe that we evolved from apes? I saw the episode, but I didnt think it was serious about scientologist actually believing that.

Nope, it's all really what they believe. Xenu, the thetans, and the cruisers. It's sad that these people are that gullible. I mean come on, L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer. Only true idiots would be willing to believe that. This means you too Tom Cruise and John Travolta.


People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-29 15:03:32 Reply

At 9/28/07 09:34 PM, He-Who-Never-Was wrote: Heathens.

Where?!

lol

OPIUMSKUM
OPIUMSKUM
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 04:29:23 Reply

At 9/28/07 11:31 PM, GoldOps018 wrote:
At 9/28/07 12:54 AM, cabosetek wrote: I was just watching South Park, the episode about scientology. I had forgotten how idiotic that "religion" is. Any thoughts? I have to read up on it more before I can really say anything. For now though, I say it's that it is really silly and funny that these people believe this crap.
I thought scientologist just believe that we evolved from apes?

That's SCIENTISTS, not scientologists, science is fact, scientology is a religion, I realize the "science" part in their name is misleading, but they really have no science at all in their beliefs. And there is a lot of evidence that suggests we did in fact evolve from apes. Like for example, apes share 70% of our dna.


Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

OPIUMSKUM
OPIUMSKUM
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 04:37:28 Reply

At 9/28/07 11:01 AM, GoldOps018 wrote:
At 9/28/07 08:56 AM, Earfetish wrote: That's the worst explanation energy. 'Life energy' is food, the electrical impulses in our brain no longer leave a 'memory' than the electric impulses in a clock radio; it's just flowery use of Einstein's law to describe a process that isn't a form of energy; there is no 'life energy'.
Yeah that's what I thought after I read it again after I posted it, the only form of energy is food energy. Yeah it is true that energy cannot be broken down, but that energy just goes off into the environment.

Well, there are many different kinds of things with the word energy. Kinectic energy, food energy, dark energy, and an "energy" that makes up everything in the universe. However, these are all scientific terms, that are based around fact, and are referred to by these names mainly because it's the easiest way to identify and describe them. Life energy, however, seems more close to what one would consider the soul. And atm, science has no proof that such a thing exists. And is it even like what religionists describe? Maybe the "soul" might just be nothing more then the electric impulses in our brain keeping us alive, if one wanted to give "soul" a logical meaning. However, , it certainly isn't driven by any paranormal, or devine power.


Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

He-Who-Never-Was
He-Who-Never-Was
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 20:55:10 Reply

At 9/29/07 03:03 PM, Brick-top wrote: Where?!

lol

Me, according to my aunt.


BBS Signature
Dark-Phire
Dark-Phire
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 21:23:55 Reply

Hey, I want to enlist in this army.
But I before I do, I want to know the differences between Atheists and Agnostics. (Without any biased point of views.)

Oh and, any requirements? :O

Hello all.


BBS Signature
Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 22:09:15 Reply

At 9/30/07 09:23 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: Hey, I want to enlist in this army.

Welcome. It's not really an army it's just called the Atheist Army purely for alliteration.

And I don't know if I'm permitted to allow new members but unless you get a GTFO message people are welcome to come here.

But I before I do, I want to know the differences between Atheists and Agnostics. (Without any biased point of views.)

Religious people believe in a deity, Atheist don't, Agnostics are in the middle. Unsure about their belifs. But when in dought use wiki lol


Oh and, any requirements? :O

Yeah, follow the general rules (no spamming, flaming etc) I think you can join if you're agnostic but I'm not sure. Religious people are welcome here if they respect our beliefs and don't spam.


Hello all.

ello,

cabosetek
cabosetek
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 22:11:31 Reply

At 9/30/07 08:55 PM, He-Who-Never-Was wrote:
At 9/29/07 03:03 PM, Brick-top wrote: Where?!

lol
Me, according to my aunt.

ha ha, thats funny how your aunt thinks you care that your not religious.


People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

He-Who-Never-Was
He-Who-Never-Was
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 22:13:16 Reply

At 9/30/07 09:23 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: Hello all.

Agnostic: You cannot prove, nor can you dis-prove a higher power.

Atheist: 99.9% certain there is no higher power and will say there is no higher power until evidence shows other wise.


BBS Signature
Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 22:37:21 Reply

At 9/30/07 10:11 PM, cabosetek wrote:
At 9/30/07 08:55 PM, He-Who-Never-Was wrote:
At 9/29/07 03:03 PM, Brick-top wrote: Where?!

lol
Me, according to my aunt.
ha ha, thats funny how your aunt thinks you care that your not religious.

I have a friend (who shall remain nameless) won't tell her grandmother she is a wiccan because her grandmother is deeply religious and claims that anyone who disagrees with her beliefs will burn in hell etc etc etc.

Old people are sad.

He-Who-Never-Was
He-Who-Never-Was
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 22:37:53 Reply

At 9/30/07 10:11 PM, cabosetek wrote: ha ha, thats funny how your aunt thinks you care that your not religious.

She is really cool though. She doesn't want me to say 'Christopher Hitchens' in her house though, i thought it was funny.


BBS Signature
Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 22:58:32 Reply

At 9/30/07 10:37 PM, He-Who-Never-Was wrote:
At 9/30/07 10:11 PM, cabosetek wrote: ha ha, thats funny how your aunt thinks you care that your not religious.
She is really cool though. She doesn't want me to say 'Christopher Hitchens' in her house though, i thought it was funny.

Go up to her, stair at her straight in the face. And then say:

"Aunt, I'm madly in love with Richard Dawkins" LOL!

He-Who-Never-Was
He-Who-Never-Was
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 23:12:17 Reply

At 9/30/07 10:58 PM, Brick-top wrote: "Aunt, I'm madly in love with Richard Dawkins" LOL!

She doesn't like Christopher Hitchens because he is not only Atheist but an outspoken Anti-theist.


BBS Signature
Ninjagabex
Ninjagabex
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-30 23:24:08 Reply

id like 2 join as well im a former christian untill i saw how fuckin stupid all religion is its just a way 4 society 2 control the masses


I Dont Tolerate Faggotry
~Proud Emo hater~

BBS Signature
CommieTechie
CommieTechie
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-01 03:14:04 Reply

Meh. religion started good, it just lost its way. It started as a way to instil morals and values in people that promote the common good and the continuation of the human species. It was also a way to explain things that we did not understand. (Thunder? God is Angry!) It has become a way for a select few to control the many. Religion has become a buisiness, same as any other like McDonalds. They now exist to sell themselves, and to take customers (beleivers) from other religions.

Oh, and can I join? (I know its not really nescessary to ask, but otherwise I feel like a jerk, barging in and saying "Im a member now!!!1!1!!!1eleven!1!1! omgpwnt!)


BBS Signature
Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-01 09:31:01 Reply

At 9/30/07 11:12 PM, He-Who-Never-Was wrote:
At 9/30/07 10:58 PM, Brick-top wrote: "Aunt, I'm madly in love with Richard Dawkins" LOL!
She doesn't like Christopher Hitchens because he is not only Atheist but an outspoken Anti-theist.

And dawkins isn't? He pretty much says Religion is a disease, and he has a more posh accent lol.

And to the two new guys, welcome

TheChad19
TheChad19
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-01 11:41:42 Reply

This is my graceland!!!

There is no god, and there never was a god. I Think it's hilarious, i actually laugh, that scientists have proven that there was no GOD who created earth "blah blah blah". Religion is based on a book full of loopholes, not that i've read it and i never intend to my mind is full of crap as it is!

I mean the most obvious loop hole is that "god created man, then he created Eve..." AND HE STOPPED THERE! which means for this theory to be correct, we would all have to be inbreds! which is impossible for starters because there are many different races and adam and eve were both white christians!

Did you know (directed at anyone) that religion is a... well i couldn't find the exact facts... but it's a lot of money a year organisation, the bible is the highest selling book in the world (and i know thats a proper fact :P) so they jsut rake in the cash... PLUS THE DAMN COLLECTION PLATES, its the biggest grifting job ever! The man who invented religion is a very clever man, a complete fucking lunatic psycho asshole, but clever none the less...

You know whats fun, i urge you to try this, flaming the people on forums at christian websites and getting into arguments with them, man thats fun! The best part, you say? Well it's the fact that YOU CAN"T LOSE! there is so much evidence against god and religion that it's a tiny effort to beat them... but hella fun!

The Da Vinci Code... That was a massive dildo up religions ass wasn't it!? "TAKE.... THAT... RELIGION!" *struggles with metaphorical dildo, up metaphorical ass*. The Virgin Mary, that was the biggest load of bullshit ever conceived (excuse the pun)... don't get me wrong I'm sure the bible has some truth to it, i mean it can't all be fairytales... but I'm sure the real story would have been something like "after a hard night of working the corner Mary stumbled home where she collapsed. 9 months later a baby popped out and she called him Jesus"

Do you know why saying things like "God Damn!", "Jesus Christ!" and "Jesus Titty Fucking Christ!" is considered blasphemy??? BECAUSE the religions say so, and they say so because putting a 'bad' spin on the people they worship makes them look bad...

Well... I guess thats enough from me... I'll finish by quoting one of the only people kids look up to "I DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN JEBUS!"


BBS Signature
CommieTechie
CommieTechie
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-02 00:58:05 Reply

Hm... I've never seen a thread die so thoroughly...


BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-02 03:28:10 Reply

At 10/2/07 12:58 AM, CommieTechie wrote: Hm... I've never seen a thread die so thoroughly...

Threads in C+C go up and down like a yoyo, this club is far from dead at the moment

CommieTechie
CommieTechie
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-02 03:38:39 Reply

Hm. well it just... stopped. Whatever. Atheism ftw.


BBS Signature
taz07
taz07
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-02 11:29:04 Reply

At 8/6/05 01:18 PM, Fiction-Is-Real wrote: hah first post...

yea can i join?

i think religion is just pointless.....there isnt a god

i totaly agree

can i join to?


If you have set yourself on fire, do not run.
After all life is gone, modern appliances will continue to run forever. Think about it.

BBS Signature