Pfft . . . Christians.

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 07:00 AM Reply

At 8/4/05 06:57 AM, BloodiedFangs wrote: Pfft . . . Christians.

Just a heads up, but...

Some Christians are the extremist kinds. They literally follow the word of the bible regardless whether it is a "Fact" or an "Iteration". And even among most normal Christians, this is bad practice since some things are NOT meant to be taken literally.

The sad thing is that the "Christians against Pokemon" incident seems to be an excuse to cover up their own irresponsibility.

Next Release ETA: ?

docterevil
docterevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 10:51 AM Reply

poke poke pokey poke

The dangers of Pokemon.

Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 8/4/05 06:57 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/4/05 06:13 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote: I was just having a discussion about this today, I've heard the some kid jumped off a building cos s/he thought they were a pidgey, and another stabbed his friend cos he thought he was a scyther

Litlle kids an thier imagination! These kids were probably 7 or something !

All I can make out of that is that their irresponsible parents failed them.

The sad thing is that those irresponsible parents blame someone else, namely the company who started it (Nintendo, GameFreak, etc...)

It also it depends on the age of the kid.

Schlupi
Schlupi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 8/3/05 01:21 PM, TEHBANSTlCK wrote: 380?
Jesus christ.
i lost count after 250.
>:(

386, dumbasses! hahaha!hahahahaha! *mandarkish laugh*

I need a new sig and stuff.

BBS Signature
DeadBolt
DeadBolt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 11:25 AM Reply

At 8/3/05 01:19 PM, Luxury_Yacht wrote: Most of us have played Pokemon, the seemingly innocent GameBoy game that swept the nation a few years back. But this article has shown me the real evils of the wolf in sheep's clothing .

The TRUTH.

We've all been blind...until now.

omg.. i knew pokemon sucked but not THAT much

DeadBolt
DeadBolt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 11:27 AM Reply

At 8/4/05 11:20 AM, -HyperShadow- wrote:
At 8/4/05 06:57 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
I was just having a discussion about this today, I've heard the some kid jumped off a building cos s/he thought they were a pidgey, and another stabbed his friend cos he thought he was a scyther

OMFG!! :-0

EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 11:45 AM Reply

Holy shit, i am not supposed to wake up to these, ah well.

At 8/3/05 10:57 PM, MonkeyforaHead wrote: And so are about six thousand other songs by various artists, to people with vivid imaginations and/or too much free time on their hands.

In your case, you do not choose to hear it, so if you like pokemon or not, you should still hear it, not try to channel it out like a dumbass.

Just because it's insanely popular doesn't mean it's Satanic. You just don't like the cutesy factor. Well, nor do quite a lot of people. You might as well say D&D is Satanic, but I don't hear quite so many people claiming that. Why? Because dragons and trolls and elves are cool. Cute so-called "monsters" aren't.

UH OH, last time i checked, there was a fire pokemon with horns, OHSHIT.

Blow it out your ass. There are some of us who aren't so concerned about our image to like something if it's a little cutesy. Again, it's the cutesiness and family-friendly factor. No blood and guts, no swearing, no full frontal nudity, well where's the fun in that?!

I'll admit, im no popular kid in school, but still, pokemon was good back at 150 of them, nice and calm, but then more piled in, and made kids loose intrest like me. and i dont like people who like old fads, its annoying.

I'm 18 now and I still like the franchise a fair bit, admittedly not as much as I used to because Nintendo seems incapable of coming out with a Pokemon game that actually offers enough NEW stuff to merit a purchase, but I still like the concept. And Pikachu. Pikachu pwns all those other pet sidekicks' asses... with the possible exception of GIR. I've never disliked the series, and I never will. Acting one's age is all a matter of perspective, and quite frankly I'd rather act like a childish teenager well into my twenties than like someone who tries to act all superior and put everybody down when he disagrees with their views.

the thing is, it is a fad, and all you little cunts say the same thing with hardly any background, im astounded how you guys(?) never said "OMFG YOU DONT LIEK IT BCUZ U NVR WACHED IT."

my point is, pokemon fans will find out it is satanic, and they will channel it out, so technically you guys can't comment without "OMFG NO ITS NOT" because you never tried to look.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 8/4/05 11:45 AM, TEHBANSTlCK wrote:

:(Makes point that pokemon suck and the fans are stupid)

You're absolutely right! Most of the Pokemon fans who posted were idiots! The Least you Pokemon fans could do is atleast not get mad or just not post all together!

AshfordPride
AshfordPride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 8/4/05 12:06 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote:
At 8/4/05 11:45 AM, TEHBANSTlCK wrote: (Makes point that pokemon suck and the fans are stupid)
You're absolutely right! Most of the Pokemon fans who posted were idiots! The Least you Pokemon fans could do is atleast not get mad or just not post all together!

True dat!

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 8/4/05 12:06 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote: You're absolutely right! Most of the Pokemon fans who posted were idiots! The Least you Pokemon fans could do is atleast not get mad or just not post all together!

thats pretty much it.
if you dont like the topic, dont post, because you will get flamed to shit.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
de1337ed-1
de1337ed-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 8/3/05 01:19 PM, Luxury_Yacht wrote: Most of us have played Pokemon, the seemingly innocent GameBoy game that swept the nation a few years back. But this article has shown me the real evils of the wolf in sheep's clothing .

The TRUTH.

Keep in mind that the people who wrote that article are the same people who have killed hundreds in witch-hunts, thousands in inquisitions, and millions in "holy" wars. These are the same people who shoot doctors, bomb buildings, and molest children on a daily or weekly basis. And they say they are the ones who are being persecuted.

Bastards!

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 8/4/05 11:20 AM, -HyperShadow- wrote: Litlle kids an thier imagination! These kids were probably 7 or something !

Sounds like some bad excuse for laziness and irresponsibility.

So by your definiton; just because a child is about 7 years old, it means it's understandable for him/her to think he/she can fly because of some cartoon he/she has watched? BULLSHIT, I tell you...

It also it depends on the age of the kid.

If by child/kid, you mean "Underaged Person adopted/spawned from one/two parental bodies", then it's clear that they'll blame other things of course. It's only natural for people to blame the death/injury/corruption on other things because chances are that they are ARE NOT FIT TO BE PARENTS TO BEING WITH.

Maybe some "Family Planning" can help weed out some of the idiots from the gene pool...

decaf
decaf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Pokemon red and blue were the best. And yellow. But the others, were shite.

And that Christian site is really annoying. Makes me want to kill a few fanatical Christians.

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 8/4/05 03:18 PM, decaf wrote: Pokemon red and blue were the best. And yellow. But the others, were shite.

I liked the remakes for Red and Green, personally. If they just kept it to the original TM, HM, Move Lists, Evolution Charts, etc... from the original and just enhanced the graphics with one or two more perks at most, I would habe been satisfied enough.

And that Christian site is really annoying. Makes me want to kill a few fanatical Christians.

You mean, they're the last people you want to kill?
Unless by "Fanatical Christians", you mean "Extremists who hate Pokemon for no supported reason".

Pleabo
Pleabo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 8/3/05 01:27 PM, Luxury_Yacht wrote:
At 8/3/05 01:25 PM, pokemon_trainerLANCE wrote:
Jesus prefers PS2 anyway.

But if God kills fanboys, and Jesus prefers PS2... Oh golly, I'm switching to Buddhism

Luxury-Yacht
Luxury-Yacht
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Movie Buff
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 4th, 2005 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 8/4/05 03:18 PM, decaf wrote: Pokemon red and blue were the best. And yellow. But the others, were shite.

Yellow was too easy.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i
oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature
w0lf
w0lf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 5th, 2005 @ 11:48 AM Reply

Ok, the trading cards and the show and all the other shameless merchandising was a bit excessive, but the actual games kick ass.

Mithos-Yggdrasill
Mithos-Yggdrasill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Aug. 5th, 2005 @ 02:51 PM Reply

There was a Pokemon parody on South Park where some Japanese people wanted to bomb Pearl Harbor so they used Chinpokomon which is the fake pokemon which got all the kids addicted and turned them into Japanese fighter pilots who were gonna attack Pearl Harbor. That's probably what the creators of pogaymon are planning.

dogbot212
dogbot212
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Jan. 15th, 2009 @ 03:56 PM Reply

i dont care

POKEMON ROCKS
DON'T DISS IT
IF U DO I WILL KILL U

BBS Signature
UltimaRed
UltimaRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The dangers of Pokemon. Jan. 15th, 2009 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 1/15/09 03:56 PM, dogbot212 wrote: i dont care

Please don't bump an old thread, it's from 3 years ago.
Thank you.

The one and only...