New Topic Respond to this Topic
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Jew Crew 2005-08-01 11:33:44 Reply

Welcome to the first page of the Jew Crew!

Purpose: To give Jews a chance to communicate/share experiences relating to Judaism. Talk about problems faced or just fun experiences. Current events related to Judaism or past. Also we will answer any questions about Judaism that anyone has to ask. So basically anything related to Judaism is open for discussion, however if you have questions regarding Israel, better suited threads are available in the links below.

Rules of this thread:

1. No spam of any kind
2. No hateful comments will be tolerated towards any religion (mods will be contacted)
3. Have fun and ask questions
4. Only Jews may be official members… but goyan status will be offered upon request
5. We will not be performing any e-bar/bat mitzvahs or conversions

Any one who is willing to join please do, I have created this crew mainly because I have realized that a majority of people do not understand what Judaism is about. If you have any questions we are more than willing to answer them.

Also, on a side note to the mods, thanks for allowing us to have this thread (special thanks to Ramagi who was extremely helpful)

It is important to note that like Christianity, Jews have different groups, I am reform and there are others such as Hasidic, Orthodox, Conservative, and Reconstructionist. Because of this, answers from different people may differ based on what was taught to them, but the general idea still remains behind our thoughts.

If you have any Israel related question they can be directed to either of these places:
Israeli Club
Ask any Israel related questions here

Also, many of you will probably wish to talk about the holocaust or anti-Semitism. Of course we think both were and are extremely evil and we would rather neither existed… if you have a more specific question we will be happy to answer.

I hope to make this crew very successful so any one who is interested I will be happy to welcome into the group

L’ Chayam!!!
*takes a drink to prepare for questions*

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Toocool100
Toocool100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:12:48 Reply

im jewish.. ill join :P

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:17:19 Reply

At 8/1/05 12:12 PM, Grandfather-Clock wrote: Can i join? i made this. Yadda yadda yadda

well are you jewish, if not i can offer you goyan status...

:im jewish.. ill join :P

welcome

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Angry-Gorilla27
Angry-Gorilla27
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:38:46 Reply

ill join but ill have to be a goyan...

GardenStateDamien
GardenStateDamien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:41:14 Reply

May i be a member of goyan status?

WillPostForFood
WillPostForFood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:42:19 Reply

ill join as the jewish hating fat kid of the group aka the cartman of this crew

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:45:09 Reply

At 8/1/05 12:42 PM, shakelock wrote: ill join as the jewish hating fat kid of the group aka the cartman of this crew

you will not be joining if that is your attitude

welcome
angry_gorilla27 - goyan
halfpastfour- goyan

if anyone has questions ask away...

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Nomader
Nomader
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Melancholy
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:47:08 Reply

I'll join but I'll have to be Goyan as well - I have a friend who when I go over on friday's has the Jewish prayers for the sabbath - that matzah's really good too - but really I might not be able to post that often though - but I'll attempt to (if you let me in)

Nomader ('No, mad, er').
Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular
Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature
gary-percival
gary-percival
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 12:59:06 Reply

What are the diffrences between all the different types (which you mentioned at the beginning)?

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 13:11:53 Reply

At 8/1/05 12:59 PM, gary_percival wrote: What are the diffrences between all the different types (which you mentioned at the beginning)?

Well the hasidic are the "cartoon" jews, they are the most strict and are the ones you often see on tv with long beards and side burns. They usually dress in black... but that would be how you recognize one. They are also known as ultra orthodox. They live in their own communities, the most famous being in new york. They take everything as literal as possible and rely heavily on the talmud on all matters.

fun fact #1: The hasidic only have sex through a whole in their sheet never touching.

The Orthodox would be the next rung down in strictness. They still take everything very strictly and like the hasidic the males dominate in their religious roles. They however live amoung the rest of the world. They are very traditional

The Conservitive are just a little bit more laxed. I am not entirely sure of all the differences, but i am not sure if as many of the gender barriers are there. They are still very observant of their religion. They usually go to private schools for jews. They observe all the rules of kosher

The reform jews, such as myself, are not always as religious as they should be. We often go to public schools. Some follow the rules of kosher, but many disregard them. We are amoung the most loose group of jews when it comes to following rules

The reconstructionists, they are very very lax from what i have heard. They don't usually attend a temple or they meat in another temple that they aren't members of. They read random passages from the torah and focus on a different part of judaism at every meeting. I am not sure if they follow the rules of kosher

Mesionic jews are often not considered jews by the rest of us. They believe the messiah has already come and that he was jesus. We aren't sure how they can believe such a thing, but they do most of the same things we do. They have bar mitzvahs and so on. But are shunned by the greater community. This also happens to others. The hasidic shun everyone below them. The Orthodox shun everyone below them... and so forth. Conservitive sometimes will mix with reform, but it doesn't happen very often.

thats what i know, if anyone from a different perspective would like to add feel free.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Lidov
Lidov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 13:47:10 Reply

At 8/1/05 12:12 PM, Grandfather-Clock wrote: Can i join? i made this. Yadda yadda yadda

This was hell funny! Are you Jewish?
I will join, I am jewish.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 13:52:42 Reply

At 8/1/05 01:47 PM, Lidov wrote:
This was hell funny! Are you Jewish?
I will join, I am jewish.

glad to see you here, still waiting to find out whether the clock is jewish or not, but i have a feeling he might have been banned for making a topic in the general

so that gives us three jews in the club so far

and a few goyans... no new member lists will be posted till next page

and once again any questions are welcom yadda yadda yadda

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 14:21:30 Reply

Toocool100
Lidov

question for you both:
Are you guys very religious and what sect are you

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Lidov
Lidov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:06:27 Reply

At 8/1/05 02:21 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Toocool100
Lidov

question for you both:
Are you guys very religious and what sect are you?

I am not religious at all, I don't believe in god, I (my parents) drive in Saturday...... But I still want to save the jewish tradition. What do you mean about sect?

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:09:08 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:06 PM, Lidov wrote:
I am not religious at all, I don't believe in god, I (my parents) drive in Saturday...... But I still want to save the jewish tradition. What do you mean about sect?

i just meant like section... reform, conservitive etc...

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Lidov
Lidov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:13:01 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:09 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: i just meant like section... reform, conservitive etc...

Oh, I am artodocs, but secular.

BBS Signature
Toocool100
Toocool100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:30:37 Reply

At 8/1/05 02:21 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Toocool100
Lidov

question for you both:
Are you guys very religious and what sect are you

im not very religious... conservative though.

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:37:43 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:32 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote: Jesus would love to join this crew...BUT YOU LOT KILLED HIM!

Only joking =P

Good luck with the new crew, <3 to the Jews from the Catholics.

for a second i thought i was going to have to report to the mods... : )
and for those who actually believe that, it was the romans

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Lidov
Lidov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:37:46 Reply

Here is a question, what is Goyan? I mean, Goyim comes from the word Goy which means nation, not a person who isn't Jewish. The real words for an unjewish person are (in Hebrew, cause i am not sure that there are words for that in English), "AREL" and "NOKHRY". Why is there a 'an' in the end of the word Goy?

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:40:11 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:37 PM, Lidov wrote: Here is a question, what is Goyan? I mean, Goyim comes from the word Goy which means nation, not a person who isn't Jewish. The real words for an unjewish person are (in Hebrew, cause i am not sure that there are words for that in English), "AREL" and "NOKHRY". Why is there a 'an' in the end of the word Goy?

I believe Goyan is yiddish for non-jew the others arel or nokhry we could easily substitute though.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Lidov
Lidov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:40:17 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:37 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: and for those who actually believe that, it was the romans

Sorry to inform you, but we did have something with jesus's death, we didn't kill him and it wasn't all Jews, but the jews didn't like his claim to be their king, so we kind of gave him away to the Romans.....
But that is just an accepted theory between the jews scientists.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:44:27 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:40 PM, Lidov wrote:
At 8/1/05 03:37 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: and for those who actually believe that, it was the romans
Sorry to inform you, but we did have something with jesus's death, we didn't kill him and it wasn't all Jews, but the jews didn't like his claim to be their king, so we kind of gave him away to the Romans.....
But that is just an accepted theory between the jews scientists.

well, we may have had a hand in turning him in, but it was the romans who ordered the execution and executed him along with thousands of other jews. Any ways jews wouldn't have hung "king of the jews" over his head if they had killed him

and mick the champion--
i have never actually heard that term before

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
MrCrawford
MrCrawford
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:44:53 Reply

Oi vey! I wanna join! (I'm 3/4 jewish)

BBS Signature
Lidov
Lidov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:45:55 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:41 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote: I'm not joining or anything, and I hope you don't mind me butting in - but I thought the word for non-Jew was gentile?

I am not sure, as far as i know, it refers to poeple that worship a lot of gods, to everyone in the politheism religions, but even if it is true, an Yiddish word is better than an English word.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:46:40 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:44 PM, MrCrawford wrote: Oi vey! I wanna join! (I'm 3/4 jewish)

3/4??
i don't usually count my religousness in fractional form but ok...
is judaism your accepted relgion and if not was your mother jewish... just so we know how to qualify you...

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Lidov
Lidov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 15:49:42 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:44 PM, MrCrawford wrote: Oi vey! I wanna join! (I'm 3/4 jewish)

Completely misplaced oi vey, but are you jewish? Do you celebrate christmass or hanuka?

At 8/1/05 03:44 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: well, we may have had a hand in turning him in, but it was the romans who ordered the execution and executed him along with thousands of other jews. Any ways jews wouldn't have hung "king of the jews" over his head if they had killed him

Of course, we were (not all the Jews) the group to turn him in, but is it killing? that is my point, we did have something, but a little thing, to do with his death.

BBS Signature
Nomader
Nomader
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Melancholy
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 16:14:13 Reply

At 8/1/05 03:41 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote: I'm not joining or anything, and I hope you don't mind me butting in - but I thought the word for non-Jew was gentile?

Actually, I learned that gentile was the term for someone who was not a jew and became a Catholic in the early days of Christianity - a jew was simply a jew - a nice term if you ask me.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').
Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 16:20:46 Reply

well if gentile is in a hymn then it is most likely just a christian word, but like lidov said yiddish is better than english anyway. And i figured since yiddish is percieved as a jewish language i might as well use it here and there, though i will admit i can't speek it.

well seeing as this is page 2 we might as well put up an official members list

------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------
-
Jews
1. gumOnShoe
2. Toocool100
3. Lidov
4. MrCrawford (if he is jewish... still waiting to here from you)
<><><><><><><><><>
Goyans
1. Grand Father Clock (i am under the impression that he isn't jewish, but if i am wrong correct me)
2. angry_gorilla27
3. Halfpastfour
4. mariofan22
5. Mick_the_champion (might as well toss you in since you have been posting in here)

END MEMBERS LIST

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 16:34:37 Reply

At 8/1/05 04:14 PM, mariofan22 wrote:
Actually, I learned that gentile was the term for someone who was not a jew and became a Catholic in the early days of Christianity - a jew was simply a jew - a nice term if you ask me.

thanks for clearing that up, i was too lazy to google it

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Nomader
Nomader
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Melancholy
Response to Jew Crew 2005-08-01 16:48:36 Reply

At 8/1/05 04:34 PM, gumOnShoe wrote:
At 8/1/05 04:14 PM, mariofan22 wrote:
thanks for clearing that up, i was too lazy to google it

No prob - catholic school has its perks

Nomader ('No, mad, er').
Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature