00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nanatta just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie:

3,349 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-07-31 20:29:31

At 7/31/05 08:09 PM, Trackdownproductions wrote: non-believers who refuse to understand I WILL BE A TOP PRODUCER HERE.
DAVO.

Just some friendly advice man... take it or leave it - won't matter to me either way -

You should just ignore any negative comments - and honestly - by yelling about how you're going to be #1 you're really only just making yourself a target.

I'm glad that you're company or production house or whatever you want to call it is doing well - but try not to rub anyone's nose in it or they'll just resent the hell out of you and if you make too much noise about how you're the best this or the top dog in that etc... you're only going to attract the attention of angry ppl who'll zero the shit out of anything that has your name by it...

Once ppl start doing that then you won't find so many NG artists willing to credit you or use your beats for fear that too many ppl will zero thier stuff - thus sending thier submissions (with your quality beats) straight down the proverbial shitter.

Plus do you really think that straight attitude will win this crowd over? You generally catch more flies with honey... but if vinegar is your thing, then I hope you can seriously blow everyone away with your stuff or you're not going to last very long here.

I wish you the best - I honestly, truly do - I know how hard it is to get anything off of the ground - I've been involved with several little start-ups and had to deal with all of the nay-sayers myself, so I know how it is when ppl start crapping all over you or your ideas - just don't take any of it personally - really now, does the opinion of some random teen make that much of a difference in the greater scheme?

Good luck - I hope you do well...

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-07-31 21:20:24

Plz don't confuse my confidence with anger or arrogance. I'm merely trying to share my music with this community among others on the internet. I came here with a successful attitude. I've explained my situation, and the only reason I outline my local success as well as the success I've had on the net, Is to show more credibility in my statements. Merely saying I'm a producer and I hope you like my stuff isn't showing any enthusiasm at all. I want ppl to know how passionate I am about my music production and I just want to clarify any mis conceptions of what was said.

I'm Davo head producer at Trackdown productions. I want to share my music with the world. I am confident in what I do and I still going the be the best I can be regaurdless if ppl want to take what I say as an arrogant comment.
I'm proud of my accomplishments and I use them as a foundation to show the seriousness of what I'm saying. Now that you know my background though I still would like more feedback on my soundtrack I posted as a sample. that is what this thread was originally for.

Tell me what you think :)

DAVO

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 11:18:48

I have more freebies coming to this community.
My music is far from "commonplace" and I like the opinion you formed about my music needing varience by listening to 30 second snippets. Just do me a favor leave this thread open for the ppl who actually can appreciate fresh hip-hop music and are actually interested in my projects. your attempt to be a "big brother" NG representative has failed, you can't speak for the whole NG community each user has a mind of their own. Let them decide what they'll do and lets keep the negativity on this thread to a minimum. Plus if you don't care much about my reply like you said, then just don't post on this thread. Simple.

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 11:24:23

your saying that people who do not like your music cannot voice there opinion? stop acting like your the best thing here. your song has a rating of 2.40 congrats your nothing special! your just like everyone else here!

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 12:01:30

I've recieved some crappy replies on this thread none of them being constructive critisicm just tellin me not to be over confident, I'm pretty sure the ppl who came here to supposedly tell me off went and ranked me low anywayz. You can voice your opinion but do it on my audio submission page. No need to post negative feedback here on the public forums is all I'm sayin. I have no idea how this forum turned into a hate DAVO forum just cuz of that one guy that felt the need to bring negativity to this thread.

I just wanted to upload my freebie and get some reviews. Lets leave it at that and keep the personal shots to a low I'd appreciate it greatly.
I didn't realize the community would be so sensitive to a newcomer with confidenct its like you guys want me to accept that "I'M JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU" when it fact I set my self apart from other producers with my style that captures.
I apologize if I came off as arrogant to some of you but some of the earlier posts to this thread feel what I'm goin through so thats all that matters.

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 12:22:43

your music is good, i must say you are better then a large amount of people. but you shouldnt go around acting all important and then get upset when someone says something against you.

also the AP isnt a good place to be trying to sell music, its mostly just for flash artist that want music for there stuff. a better place to get actuall buisness would be like www.soundclick.com

one last thing, you should have posted this all in the audio advertising thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 12:32:00

Just a lil tip to ya if you´re new to the NGAP community;
To get reviews, one can advertise in many ways. One way is making threads like this, but that is usually not as popular, since ther main advertising is made in THIS LINK . Othervise we´d have millions of advertising threads, and noone visiting them. You being proffesional or not has nothing to do with anything, this is a community where everyone has the same oppurtunity submitting music/flash, so get ready to have this thread locked down if an admis sees it.

You can advertise by getting your music heard and used in submissions, in that way I suggest u try to hook u with some serious flash animator, sometimes animators makes threads bout it in this forum.
If you at the same time want to build up a positive reputation, go write some reviews, like the rest of us do. By helping ppl, you´ll get a positive rep, ofcourse. Give and take. what people in the NGAP mainly wants, it´s reviews. That´s what I love, anyways :)
This may seem quite obvious to you, but I´ll point it out to ya anyways.

There are many 14´ers with attitude that easily gets a lil annoying in a community like this, and of course many ppl with potential, but yes, your confidence is easily mixed up with arrogance, even though I understand your goal here. Check this link out if you hanven´t allready.

/Rucklo

Wakka wakka

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 12:48:51

At 8/1/05 12:01 PM, Trackdownproductions wrote: I've recieved some crappy replies on this thread none of them being constructive critisicm

Deal with it... we all do...

I have no idea how this forum turned into a hate DAVO forum

I have a pretty good idea why...

I just wanted to upload my freebie and get some reviews.

And you did - and since you didn't like what you heard - because we didn't all immediately start stroking your ego you got all upset about it and started whining like a bitch.

its like you guys want me to accept that "I'M JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU" when it fact I set my self apart from other producers with my style that captures.

Oh, you've set yourself apart alright...

I was really trying to be a nice guy but I'm tired of looking at your shite so here goes...

At 7/31/05 09:20 PM, Trackdownproductions wrote: Plz don't confuse my confidence with anger or arrogance. I'm merely trying to share my music with this community

Then post it already...

At 7/31/05 09:20 PM, Trackdownproductions wrote: I'm Davo head producer at Trackdown productions. I want to share my music with the world.

No dude - I'm LJCoffee and I want to SHARE my music with the world - that's why I post it here - where it can be freely downloaded by any and all...

You're DAVO - you want to SELL your music to the world...

There's a big difference.

If you want to provide free music to the NG community then by all means - post what you will ... If you just want to try to promote yourself a little to try to get people to buy your music - or rather - buy limited rights to use it - then you've come to the wrong place.

I highly doubt that many people here are truly interested in paying you for your work - we all make our own stuff... And then we make a GIFT of it to NG.

Don't get me wrong - there is NOTHING wrong with making money with your music - but NG is not the proper forum. Go to Garageband and try to get picked up by someone over there - or track down some of the bigger labels and get a few samples to them...

You want to know what I think? - I think you're just starting out - you haven't actually made any real money yet but you have high hopes - your website is put together nicely - good job on the flash work, but there's no real content - it's all just bells and whistles at this point - there are so many "under construction" and "coming soon" placeholders that I simply cannot believe that you are anything more than a shark that's come looking to bilk a few people out of a few dollars.

I think that you're too small to get any real notice from anyone worth a damn - so you come here to try to impress us by making claims and throwing titles around. I could throw my title around if I wanted as well - I could name names and talk about a few companies and organizations that I do business with also - and as soon as I did, people would stop taking me seriously.

As for being number 1 ... I'm not a huge hip-hop follower - but I know good music when I hear it and to be honest, I didn't hear anything on your site that would make me think that you're about to rocket straight to the top.

Your music is good - but it's not the best... I would highly recommend that you consider one of two paths:

Either make a small transformation from "DAVO, the hottest producer A#1" to just plain "DAVO" and just upload music to NG for people to use in Flash work, rate, listen to - burn to CD and listen in thier car, etc..

or

Find another website where you're prating about being the number one producer will be appreciated and where you can try to sell your beats and get the fuck out of our forum already...

Feel free to reply if you'd like to discuss why you're so much better than everyone else here...

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 18:31:09

I see you're very serious about this topic now :)

its ok there are going to be ppl who try to shoot you down but those ppl are what I call "Haters" and when they come there is nothing much else to do but just respect their opinion and tell them its ok. so to both of the obvious threats to this thread's positivity Its fine that you think I'm an "Arrogant asshole" but the truth is I have I AM going to become a regular contributor to the NG community :) some ppl love the idea of me sharin some more of my work seein as though they've taken a shine to it already. but for some reason I still haven't heard you acknowledge that I actually have something going for me. Its fine that you've drawn up alot of assumptions about me but truth is pal you don't know me like that and if you want to just war with me on this forum then you know that kind of conduct isn't really appreciated around here. So say and do your worse but I'm going to become one of the most known producers here WITHOUT YOUR SAY SO. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

now back to my thread being about me and not fighting with Hate Spammers....

In reflection to the past couple of posts I have decided to release a few NG exclusive tracks and hook up with a serious animator to get some more exposure.

Thx for the advice

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 19:12:57

bollox

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 19:13:54

jesus.....just shut the fuck up.

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 19:24:51

At 8/1/05 06:31 PM, Trackdownproductions wrote: I AM going to become a regular contributor to the NG community :)
In reflection to the past couple of posts I have decided to release a few NG exclusive tracks and hook up with a serious animator to get some more exposure.

Good for you, then at least you'll be contributing something to NG other than just talk... You may as well start trying to earn a little cred here if you plan on walzing in and taking over a genre...

I still haven't heard you acknowledge that I actually have something going for me. Its fine that you've drawn up alot of assumptions about me but truth is pal you don't know me like that

Nope I know nothing about you - but I know enough about your music. I'm only basing assumptions on what I've seen and heard from you so far. I bothered to listen to the samples on your website and like I said - they're not bad... but they're not great - You're talking an awful big game without a whole lot to back it up with...

You know how many people show up with a few formulaic beats talkin trash about how they're gonna be #1... ?

You want to be number 1 - then prove it...
Upload some serious beats - not that midi flavored tripe that you're trying to push on your website...

its ok there are going to be ppl who try to shoot you down but those ppl are what I call "Haters"
now back to my thread being about me and not fighting with Hate Spammers....

You know - you simply cannot command respect - you have to earn it... I love all of the people who show up - make huge claims about thier "mad skillz" and then when someone tells them to check thier attitude they're immediately called "haters" ... Ask around a bit - I'm far from it -

If you can impress me, then I'll be one of your biggest advocates here but that just hasn't happened yet. Hold on to the number one spot and I'll make a public apology and tell everyone how hot you are - but when your music bombs I also get dibs on being the first in line to point and say I told you so...

I stand by everything that I've said so far - your stuff is decent - not great ... but decent.
I really do wish you the best - I'm just waiting to see something more than talk from you.

You want the #1 spot? Then prove me wrong because I'm saying that the cards are stacked against you at the moment.

Good luck

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-01 20:49:49

At 8/1/05 08:20 PM, ChRoN0uNc3 wrote: I think I speak for everyone when i say "NOONE FUCKING CARS ANYMORE!"

cars?

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-02 02:45:27

ay mang just to speak with u fo reel
if u wanna b number one u have along way to go in the hip hop section anyway
trust me I'm not sayin I'm the greatest but the only possible way for u to be number is yur studio quality, I work with FL
so imagine let me go into a studio and really show u what my talents are
then I'd wouldn't worry but u have a real studio I don't so I'mma up my game as much as possible to do wut I can with the shit that I have rele
I'm not givin my crown up easily there's no bee between us just tellin u have a long way to go
some are yur tracks are nice
but they don't blow me away like they should you've been producin mbeatz for 3 years
u should b wayyyy better than the shit I hear now
neway it's almost three in the morin and I gott crash hit me back

~1~

don't hate me because i make hip hop i ain't gonna say nothing i let my music speak for itself

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-02 04:26:05

To Twoamproductions - LESS COCAINE, LESS METH LESS COFFEE AND STOP TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE HOW MUCH BETTER THAN THEM YOU ARE OR YOU ARE GOING TO BOMB HERE. LOSE THE FUCKING ATTITUDE.

Some of the best artists here dont personally say a word about themselves, and their skills, they just motor on making fat tracks.

So i'm startin to think you got more mouth than product....

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-02 09:52:09

i think we scared him off

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-02 19:29:28

why did you bump a almost dead topic?

BBS Signature

Response to Trackdown Productions.com :Freebie: 2005-08-05 08:41:43

At 8/2/05 07:29 PM, WillPostForFood wrote: why did you bump a almost dead topic?

I think maybe he bumped it to remind us all that trackdownproductions just completely OWNS each and every one of us... No, in fact, Davo doesn't own us... he pwn's us - yeah, he's that good.

yeah... as if...

BBS Signature