00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dynamic Collections System!

12,167 Views | 132 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:37:54

We are starting the process of crossing over the old collections system to the new database-driven DYNAMIC COLLECTION SYSTEM. This system will be replacing and will forever control the following:

THE ENTIRE GAMES SECTION
THE ENTIRE TOONS SECTION
THE ENTIRE COLLECTIONS SECTION
THE ENTIRE SERIES SECTION

The changes will be subtle. The first thing you should notice is the collections have a lot more content than before - this is because we have been updating them on the back-end for a while now without updating the static html pages on the site. From now on you should notice that more content gets categorized and the GAMES and TOONS pages have fresh content on a more regular basis. The entry page for "GENRES & SERIES" also will have more fun dynamic content, such as longer daily top lists, birthdays, etc.

You will also notice that any submission in a collection or series page will now have a link-back icon on the view page. This was a manual chore before but is now integrated into the system so that it will be consistent for all entries.

There are little touches that may be appreciated - you can now roll over an entry in a collection to see an alt tag with the rating of the submission. At the bottom of the page, you can see when the last update as, as well as a list of the top recommended submissions that aren't yet in that collection.

We have other plans that we can now implement once this system is in place, so just wait and see!

Also, thank you to all the users who have been submitting icons for older submissions. When we launch the BIRTHDAYS section, you will see those icons are being put to good use!

It should just be a few minutes before the action starts!!!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:39:29

Awesome, I can't wait to see the changes

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:39:33

At 7/28/05 06:37 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also, thank you to all the users who have been submitting icons for older submissions.

That's me. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:39:35

cool, now i can enjoy them again starting up fresh.

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:39:58

OMG!

Yes, sellersville is proud!

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:40:56

Wow now I can honestly say that every aspect of NG's has been updated except maybe the ALPHAS section but I look forward to the changes Tom.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:41:03

Sweet.

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:41:07

SWEET.

I can't wait to see some of my flash in Collections!

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:42:40

OMFG! Awesome updates Tom.

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:43:41

What can I say... whoooohooooo!!!

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:45:59

YAY ^_^

Click these easy tools to automatically input certain HTML tags to emphasize parts of your signature or add links.

Characters remaining (without HTML tags): 16

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:46:04

KICK ASS!! I went to the games section and it's lookin awesome! >:D

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:48:56

that means you can change your bithdate to whatever date it is and have your icon up there every freaking day!

Oh and the collection syctem is good too.

I dont have a signature, stop bugging me.

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:51:38

At 7/28/05 06:48 PM, UltraPulse wrote: that means you can change your bithdate to whatever date it is and have your icon up there every freaking day!

Birthdays of the animations on the site, not of the users, silly. :)

Page with that stuff on it.

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:52:58

At 7/28/05 06:51 PM, liljim wrote:
At 7/28/05 06:48 PM, UltraPulse wrote: that means you can change your bithdate to whatever date it is and have your icon up there every freaking day!

=O LILJIM DIDN'T CALL ME SILLY!!!!!
or... Hmmm
that means you can change your bithdate to whatever date it is and have your icon up there every freaking day!!!!!!

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:56:26

At 7/28/05 06:51 PM, liljim wrote:

B had better appear on there on Augest 15th...

Btw, why not user Birthdays? You could have featured Birthday animators for one day to help give publicity to their flash!

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:56:36

Wow, the games section looks way different, but I can adjust to the new changes.

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:59:07

I wonder if any of my Zelda: TTOB Movies or Mario Tetris Games will be featured anywhere in there..

Scumbag Blues.

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:59:30

Sweet, updated sections.

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 18:59:56

Just refreshed for me. That's fantastic. Love the new layout.
Been a busy bee this month haven't we, Mr Fulp? San Diego, then Dad 'n Me, now a redesign of some of the sections...

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:01:43

a dream come true :)

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:06:04

How many people need to submit your movie to a collection for it to be listed?

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:06:26

:o

I've been waiting for this since Wade spoke of it on wtfnoob last year.

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:07:29

At 7/28/05 06:56 PM, FrOzEn_FoX wrote: B had better appear on there on Augest 15th...

Probably won't.. It's the best scoring movies of the day from back then.

Btw, why not user Birthdays? You could have featured Birthday animators for one day to help give publicity to their flash!

Quoting this kid, out of context:

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:09:09

the Dynamic Collection System will be awsome what does the birthday feature do Tom

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:09:27

This is somewhat off topic but I felt compelled to say it before it wore off.
I just recieved tom's little prize package for the monthly awards thing and it really hit a spot. Its kind of hard to explain but its such an awesome feeling. Not the prize itself but just the immense amount of time and effort that Tom goes through to take care of and acknowledge the community hes worked so hard to build.
It finally made me realize what a really special place this is. From all the people who constantly contribute to the forums, to the audio contributors, to the new and old talents that are constantly breaking new trails in the flash scene, this is the epicenter of all that creativity and i feel such an honor to have been around ng for as long as I have.
So yeah you've earned my support for another few lifetimes and I just wholeheartedly support anything you ng people (i know tom isnt the only one involved) do. You fight for the everyman and the everyman thanks you.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:09:54

At 7/28/05 07:07 PM, liljim wrote: Probably won't.. It's the best scoring movies of the day from back then.

For Clockday liljim, for Clockday... :'(

Quoting this kid, out of context:

That is a pretty damn good reason.

And then there's a lot of people with the same birthday, all aged "80".

Coincidently, this makes me happy, and also makes me laugh seeing what my flash is above. XD

Dynamic Collections System!

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:13:10

Holy Shit! That sounds awsome! I've been waiting for the Toons to get updated but I figured you'd get on it soon enough.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:15:49

o ya this is going to be great

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Collections System! 2005-07-28 19:16:03

At 7/28/05 06:37 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also, thank you to all the users who have been submitting icons for older submissions. When we launch the BIRTHDAYS section, you will see those icons are being put to good use!

Any chance of some sort of icon makes list, as credit for our hard work.