OHMYGODATRUCK
OHMYGODATRUCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Movie Buff
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-02-08 09:20:30 Reply

At 2 days ago, PolishMatt wrote: Stuff

Well if you're thinking of returning leveling is a billion times easier.

There has been Level 70 potions and 3x exp until today. 2x until the 12th?

The whole item system is completely different and things that used to have value have decreased and there's been huge price inflation. It takes a while getting used to from the old system.

Scania has also become a hellhole. I escaped to Chaos a day after I came back.

Honk.

BBS Signature
PolishMatt
PolishMatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-02-09 09:32:12 Reply

At 1 day ago, OHMYGODATRUCK wrote: Scania has also become a hellhole. I escaped to Chaos a day after I came back.

When you say hellhole, what do you mean by it?

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature
OHMYGODATRUCK
OHMYGODATRUCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Movie Buff
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-02-09 13:01:00 Reply

At 3 hours ago, PolishMatt wrote: When you say hellhole, what do you mean by it?

Any place you go to train is already packed full of people, and in most cases a whole group of them. My first day back during off peak hours I went to look for a training spot and found one but only after traveling for three hours to get there.

The FM has prices that.. give me nightmares to think about.

It's just too populated with too many people trying to make money.

I had to disallow trade invites because whenever I stepped into a town I got pestered to buy some useless stuff for huge prices.

Maybe it's not as bad as I thought but I just don't click with overpopulation.

Honk.

BBS Signature
Serman
Serman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-07-29 15:24:53 Reply

At 2/5/12 07:37 PM, PolishMatt wrote: I wonder if Necromoni is still alive... the user of course, not the character.

Yes, Ark is still around.

Although I no longer use MSN, I retain access to my hotmail, as it is my primary "spam fodder" e-mail that I use to register for things. Occasionally when I log on, he appears somewhat active on my home-page, although I'm not entirely sure how recent the posts are... Okay, I just checked -- there's some quite recent ones.

You can contact Ark at underworld_dominion@hotmail.com via. MSN Messenger (Windows Live Messenger)

In other news,

Sup guys, I'm 20 now and I just came back from living in Argentina for a while. :)

Veteran of the MapleStory Crew

BBS Signature
zmatt007
zmatt007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-07-29 17:21:37 Reply

I quit maplestory years ago, so I'm meaning to ask, what keeps you playing it? Whenever I played it all I ever found was complete assholes who flaunted all of their things. Could never make money worth a dam the most I ever had at one time was maybe like 20mill then blew it all on something. Once I got to level 70 as a priest leveling was near impossible ;p and apparently now theres 16 classes. Wtf is nexon doing to this game?

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-07-29 21:50:16 Reply

Been a while since I was here last.

(This is (well, was) Assi9. Ditched my old account a while back.)

I quit MS after getting frustrated over various things, and then my one comp finally died, and I was stuck with a crappier one. Now, I have a really good, up-to-date comp for the first time, and I've heard that Nexon finally corrected some of the dumb shit they used to allow/pull (like making levelling easier, and allowing the shit you spend your hard-earned money on to be permanent instead of having to repurchase it every so many months), so the thought crossed my mind to give this a 2nd shot.

In which case, is there any new dumb shit I should be aware of before deciding to go through with it or not?

vorpaltiger
vorpaltiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-07-31 21:55:10 Reply

i started back up again... mostly for the new classes being added yet i dont like how its gotten to much of a Pay to Play game NX is everything now

MrDaemon
MrDaemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-07-31 22:31:18 Reply

At 7/31/12 09:55 PM, vorpaltiger wrote: i started back up again... mostly for the new classes being added yet i dont like how its gotten to much of a Pay to Play game NX is everything now

I played from 06-2010 and it has always been like this. They add new classes and nx items but the game just got boring as fuck for me. Keep in mind I was heavily addicted, probably sapent over a thousand dollars on the game, so yeah I'm glad I don't play that garbage game anymore.

Digital Arcade | Twitter | Skype~ andrew_anonymuss

BBS Signature
Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-08-01 21:34:12 Reply

That's......rather discouraging.

So, does that mean money is absolutely required to get any enjoyment out of it? You'd think Nexon would've learned by now, as their company rating was reeeeeeeeeeally shitty last I saw.

razem
razem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-08-02 03:24:12 Reply

This sounds good, but I quit MS a long time ago.. :( but I was like lv 78.. good luck with your group though.

Threb
Threb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-08-31 08:30:34 Reply

Hey guys! I was just thinking about how bizarre it is that some of my oldest friends are a bunch of guys on the internet, half of whom I wouldn't recognized if they bumped into me in a crowded street. Like, seriously, I know some of ya'll better than a lot of my IRL friends. I've kind of dropped off the face of the internet the past year or so because life has been happening to me relentlessly. The whole senior-year-of-high-school and applying for colleges and whatnot kind of put a damper on my ability to keep in touch with you guys. It's crazy that this thread was created when I was eleven and here I am in my second week of college and I still feel compelled to check in here and see how everyone's doing every now and then. I swear I'm still going to be seeking you guys out to chat and play video games with every now and then with when I'm in the nursing home, even if I never meet any of you in person.
I just wanted to drop off some more current contact information because I know just about every one of you drops in on this thread every so many months or so to see if anyone's left a note. I kinda stopped using AIM/XFire/etc, not out of any good reason but because I just never got around to installing them and they don't seem to be as frequently used by people lately.

Steam: bowlerhatted (this is probably your best bet since I keep it running most of the time if I'm on the computer. I've taken to team fortress.)
Email: bowlerhatted@gmail.com

(man, that's what, my fifth handle change?)

I'd post my facebook and the like but I question the wisdom of connecting things I've written as an eleven year old to my full name, heh. If you get in touch with me I'll of course be happy to share any other contact information with you. If any of you guys have any idea what Hoods/Theories is up to, let me know; he has a propensity to randomly drop off the face of the internet and then appear when I least expect it and have a nice long catchup chat with me. I think he's on steam but I can't remember what handle he's using now. Hope to see ya'll around!

Threb
Threb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-08-31 08:32:33 Reply

P.S. If any of you all happen by the Orlando area for any reason, you really ought to let me know so you can drop by in person one of these days.

zmatt007
zmatt007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-11-24 15:39:22 Reply

Chances are this thread is deader than hell but, I need help :P

Whenever I start up maplestory it loads up the anti-cheat system then a error report pops up

I've tried a million things and none of them have seen to work -_____- and we all know a ticket sent to nexon won't be replied to in years unless it involves paying with money

MrDaemon
MrDaemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2012-12-01 10:27:09 Reply

At 11/24/12 03:39 PM, zmatt007 wrote: Chances are this thread is deader than hell but, I need help :P

Whenever I start up maplestory it loads up the anti-cheat system then a error report pops up

I've tried a million things and none of them have seen to work -_____- and we all know a ticket sent to nexon won't be replied to in years unless it involves paying with money

If you're sure there wasn't some kind of maintenance/it was just down and you've tried re-downloading all I can recommend would be to check in on popular maple forums and seeing if someone has encountered the same error. When it pops up it'll be a specific error, like a long ass number, try typing that into google, sorry I can't be more helpful.

Decided to pick this game up again. Starting fresh, don't know what class/world but I'm sure this nostalgia ride will be glorious.

BBS Signature
Wakielol
Wakielol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2013-02-21 09:35:03 Reply

Can i join this crew ?

I'm now planning on an oldschool gameplay cus' i think that maple has been destroyed by everything.

I will re download the game this weekend and then start up a char Named "Wakielols"

Respond to this or pm me if you're intrested in an oldschool gameplay of maple !

As i should been played !

Threb
Threb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2013-04-13 02:49:28 Reply

At 2/21/13 09:35 AM, Wakielol wrote: Can i join this crew ?

I'm now planning on an oldschool gameplay cus' i think that maple has been destroyed by everything.

I will re download the game this weekend and then start up a char Named "Wakielols"

Respond to this or pm me if you're intrested in an oldschool gameplay of maple !

As i should been played !

As someone who played Maplestory relentlessly from pretty shortly after its beta to a little while after Ludibrium got rolled out (or something like it) I just want to say that I think your fasciantion with "oldschool" Maplestory is kind of odd. The game has pretty much only improved since its release -- from what I've heard from buddies who've hopped on, there's a lot less grinding and a lot more running around killing stuff. Nostalgia (so much nostalgia) aside, I can't really recommend the early game to anybody. The content is cool, but you spend so many hours grinding that it's hardly worth it. I think 60 - 70 on my old mage took months. Each level was at least a solid week of grinding a few hours a day. It was mainly the folks and here and the hijinks we got up to that kept me playing.

P.S. I still have not heard from Hoods. If anyone's reading this and knows of his whereabouts, please let me know. ;_; I miss that guy.

mumbler
mumbler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2013-05-19 21:29:57 Reply

Hai guys! I've been playing Maplestory since summer of '09. Yes i do miss lots of things pre-bb like the community was TONS BETTER! PQing was much more fun...but i would still be stuck as a lvl 84 priest :P Now im lvl 197! :D and now i cant wait for Unlimited patch and R.E.D. People say we might get 5th job O.O

MrDaemon
MrDaemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2013-07-05 01:26:31 Reply

Played from 2005- Big Bang, a little past that, but BB was where it started to fall apart hard for me.
Just reminiscing, nothing to see here but nostalgia

Constant new classes that are unbalanced
Nexon jews their players around every turn
Transforming what was once a magical game that touched many childhoods to a shell of it's former glory
Exists now as a pay to win cash cow

HHG is gone forever
Slime Tree, Pig Beach are now barren... all maps have been changed in some ways
Private servers are devoid of a player base so it truly feels alone, there's no where left to turn

I remember when pan lids were rare and if you had one you were god like
Being third job or above was like being a celebrity
Now you can reach fourth job in a day easily

Instead of focusing on bringing people together (party quests) people are encouraged to buy NX and solo train, spitting in the face of the original designers intent

I remember when Legoland was new and I didn't believe they had implemented such a place

I remember scaling those 100 floors in that tower and seeing Korean Folk Town for the first time, shame it's always a ghost town now

I remember farming sakura cellions for hours to get mesos and coolie zombies for EXP

I remember not knowing the pattern in KPQ

I remember J>PQ HAVE TRACK@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ when dexless sins with dayos and saunas were like the jocks of MS

When everybody was on the lookout for clerics in CPQ

People explored maps for fun and to check out new enemies, people were more friendly when I played too

Boat rides to and from Orbis were so fun to just chat with people about life or whatever was on your mind then BOOM all of a sudden Balrog appeared and one shotted me, now there are ways to instant travel

Zakum was considered end game, now it's hardly mid game content

Nowadays people train at one of like 4-5 spots and that's it, fucking boring

I remember waking up early before school to kill Mushmom a couple times in hopes of getting scrolls or illbi throwing stars to sell for $$$

Having a 10 att work glove made you invincible, now the gap between the rich and poor is so gigantic due to NX

Not all bad though I did heavily enjoy the Temple of Time update, that entire place is euphoric and dream like

That one guy who stood on the roof in Henesys dropping good shit until some Thief came along and flash jumped up there

Every job class was unique in some ways and although not entirely balanced, not so buttfuckingly retarded as they are now

Smega drama was always entertaining

I remember always being threatened for my map by some guy who was friends with a Bishop who would ks me with Genesis

I want another game in the same vein as Maplestory, with it's catchy music and colorful graphics w/ a community that welcomes people with open arms. A 2D sidescroller that ISN'T pay to win and rewards players for working together in quests and for looting enemies to obtain their gear.

The market is there, yet nobody has stepped up to the plate. MADNESS

Hold me my fellow Newgrounders, those of you who still care enough to pay this thread a visit- listen to the music with me, reminisce about your own journey through this once marvelous game.

The first time you stepped out of Maple Island onto Lith Harbor, unaware of the journey you'd embark on.

You stumble across this place with gigantic trees stretching all the way to the sky, you'd stand around just to listen to the beautiful melody.

Eventually you became experienced through Party Quests and meet many friends along the way.

One day you decide to make a Cygnus Knight and you stand at the Queen's Garden trying to decide your class.

You train long and hard at various maps (C. Zombies, Wolfspiders and Himes) hoping to one day defeat Zakum and Horntail!

Just when you thought you had completed everything... this place still haunts me...

RIP Sweet Prince
Manly Tears
XOXO

MapleStory Crew

BBS Signature
mumbler
mumbler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2013-10-02 15:01:30 Reply

well....im thinking about quitting....or maybe a super long break. Everyone was getting banned this last week cuz of a meso exploit, so alot of ppl are quitting cuz of it (luckily i wasnt banned). But maple is just too boring now..all there is to do is just pq and event stuff. Not gonna lvl past 200 lol..dont wanna. Guess i'll play Dragon Nest for now :P

CM
CM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2014-08-04 20:05:57 Reply

Currently redownloading.

Curious to see how much the game has changed.

XBL GT: ELTON JOHN 1111
ALSO, DICKS.

BBS Signature
MrApophis
MrApophis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2014-10-07 19:37:14 Reply

At 8/4/14 08:05 PM, CM wrote: Currently redownloading.

Curious to see how much the game has changed.

Yea I havent played that game since like 2007. Whats it like nowadays? oldschool MS took like 5 weeks to level up because each mob gave like 0.002 xp / kill. only way to get anywhere was through PQs and a guild. Socially though that game kicked ass back in the day.. Raise the leveling rate by 20x though

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2014-10-18 20:31:07 Reply

I have not thought about MapleStory in years, I may have to check it out again.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-03-02 17:14:22 Reply

At 3/1/15 09:59 PM, Ocelot wrote: This game really was the shit back in 2005-08.

It was awesome back then. I tried it again, but it is not the same.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-03-02 21:20:13 Reply

At 3/2/15 06:00 PM, Ocelot wrote: Try the MapleRoyals private server
I just started playing it a bit today and although it isn't as fun as back in the day, it's much better then live GMS.

If you decide to get into it, I can help you out a bit.

Thank you for the info. I will check it out.

AzuneMadness
AzuneMadness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-03-04 08:57:55 Reply

I never got the appeal of maplestory (from the videos and pictures I've viewed at least) what exactly makes it so fun? Is it basically a 2d runescape?

「It's not my fault 」

SteamMy Anime ListTraktPSN

BBS Signature
MrApophis
MrApophis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-03-04 22:51:51 Reply

At 3/4/15 08:57 AM, AzuneMadness wrote: I never got the appeal of maplestory (from the videos and pictures I've viewed at least) what exactly makes it so fun? Is it basically a 2d runescape?

Maplestory after 2009 was shit, dont bother wasting any of your $ on it, especially nowadays.

Back when it came out I was a 10 year old. 2005..

Back then, it had the most social community I've ever seen, in real life or online. I had so many friends back then, and it was so fun collecting and grinding with my buddies, doing PQ's.. I miss those days, I really do.

Thing is, oldschool maplestory had a HORRIBLE EXP curve. It could easily take you a week just to get to level 20. In fact, after a few years of mapling, my first character, XXGundamWing was only level 41.

I remember even seeing one of the original pros (pre-2012), FangBlade. Anyone remember him? He was the first to get to level 200. I remember seeing him at level 60 once, as he passed through ellina.

Nowadays maplestory is slimmed down, and the EXP / leveling is actually normal now, so you can quickly grind to 150 if you play your cards right.

Thing is, this was never a game meant for soloing, it was originally all about the COMMUNITY. And for the last 5 years, the game's community has been rubbish.

But, 2005~2006, the gold rush into maplestory, is something that I woulda killed a lot of people to experience again..

Here's some nostalgic maple music, it might refresh a lot of yer memories.

Maplestory - Intro

Maplestory - Ellinia

Maplestory - Lith Harbor

Maplestory - West of Henesys

NightmareNeko
NightmareNeko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-03-27 01:04:15 Reply

I remember when the community in maple were nice and helpful. Even though I played the game for 4 years, (2009-2013)
my beginning days of maple were cool since I met a fire poison mage who later and still is a close friend to me. I loved the old CPQ. I started my maple days as a fire/poison mage, remembering how I messed up ap and skill points ._.; . Eventually I remade my f/p who later became a f/p arch mage, I literally had my character wear red themed clothes. My f/p arch mage had yui's hair from K-On that you got if you had some vip ticket for Amoria hair salon or something..?
Eventually I tried out most of the other base classes.
My Main f/p archmage lvl 149
Bishop lvl 125?
Chief Bandit
Ranger
Dawn Warrior lvl 120 -> White knight lvl 97
I feel like coming back to the game but I feel most of my friends either quit and stuff.
My several of my characters were in Scania while I forgot but I'll check.
So, if I come back to the game, any of you guys wanna hang out in the game :D?

SquidFurnace
SquidFurnace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-04-01 04:16:59 Reply

Fuck yeah. God I miss the early days so much. I think my best character was lvl 42. Holy shit did I play alot. Just started getting through orbis I think. Where was the clock boss in the PQ? That was orbis right? My memory is so bad. That fat list ^^^^ I couldn't remember any of those on my own, but after seeing them I was like "oh yeah!"

Best times were when people would drop the best gear ever to tease players and then mess up. Otherwise I miss killing slimes in Ellinia, pigs at pig beach. Being deathly afraid of armored pigs. That toy tower (orbis) was really cool. The first time I solo'd first pq in the woods. Always enjoyed the hip hop vibe of that theif city. God my memory is bad. I played the shit out of that game. I could only dream of getting to Zakum.
I need to get on that private server.

hi

MrApophis
MrApophis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-04-01 07:21:36 Reply

At 3/27/15 01:04 AM, NightmareNeko wrote: I remember when the community in maple were nice and helpful. Even though I played the game for 4 years, (2009-2013)
my beginning days of maple were cool since I met a fire poison mage who later and still is a close friend to me.
I feel like coming back to the game but I feel most of my friends either quit and stuff.
So, if I come back to the game, any of you guys wanna hang out in the game :D?

The community was best from 05~06. Afterwards it was kind of antisocial..
Lol I've lost contact with all my maplers for like a decade now, it really makes me sad ;(
What was his handle again? There was this one 16 year old kid when I was starting out as a 10 year in the game who was kind of like an older brother to me.. I eventually made another character to level up for the guild and I put some reference to swords or daggers or something before his handle in honor of all the fun adventures we and the guild had.

I've re-tried maplestory probably a hundred times but never got back into it. The last time was sometime in 2012 when I leveled up a battlemage (when they came out) on that chaos server, and I was rank #120 once. I was friends with the richest person on that server but that's all I can say for the last 3 years...

Anyone who wants to re-try maple, PM me your character's name and we can co-op that shit

I would've picked my native servers of Bera or Windia, but they're probably far too populated. They probably got better people and economies though right?

At 4/1/15 04:16 AM, SquidFurnace wrote: Fuck yeah. God I miss the early days so much. I think my best character was lvl 42. Holy shit did I play alot. Just started getting through orbis I think. Where was the clock boss in the PQ? That was orbis right? My memory is so bad.

Best times were when people would drop the best gear ever to tease players and then mess up. Otherwise I miss killing slimes in Ellinia, pigs at pig beach. Being deathly afraid of armored pigs. That toy tower (orbis) was really cool. The first time I solo'd first pq in the woods. Always enjoyed the hip hop vibe of that theif city. God my memory is bad. I played the shit out of that game. I could only dream of getting to Zakum.
I need to get on that private server.

Lol, you misidentified Orbis as Lithuibirian or whatever the FUCK it was called! That lego toy world with a lot of pink and yellow bricks. My favourite evil deed I did was.. One time I heard a lot of item drop sounds right? so I snuck up there very carefully, then when I saw what was happening..

There were 2 high level characters dropping 50,000 mesos at a time (To avoid the tax).. There was a huge pile of the meso bags, so I decided to run there, grab all of it that I could and run away. I never got in deep shit for it, and I made out with like 800,000 mesos, which in the time of Beta, would be equivalent to probably hundreds of millions of mesos now!

BangerMonro
BangerMonro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to MapleStory Crew 2015-04-12 18:37:32 Reply

got a mac so I can't play oh shucks.

New Single : Sammi Sossa HItters

Tell em how we don't fuck with the bird kat stacks. Hit me up for collabs. I spit mean verses.