00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Back from the West Coast

9,278 Views | 88 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:46:19

I got back to Philly at 2am Tuesday morning and have been playing catch-up since. I just spent the past two weeks on a whirlwind tour through LA and San Diego. From July 5th-8th I co-hosted Attack of the Show on G4. That Friday night I made the trip down to San Diego and immediately got back to work on our new game demo for Comic-Con. Last week was Comic-Con and it was AMAZING... Talk about non-stop; there was an infinite stream of fans coming through and it was the best feeling.

We sold out of every copy of Alien Hominid we brought to Comic-Con! We also unveiled our new game, which has been covered by several sites:

Idle Thumbs
IGN.COM
1UP.COM
Gamecloud

I love it that people are posting pics taken off the TV screen. Game companies nowadays are so quick to hand out press packs with perfect hi-res screenshots, so it feels good to take things back to the days when the press had to sneak some shots. Sure, it might not look the best, but there is something magical about it.

Thank you to everyone who watched G4 and thanks to everyone who came to Comic-Con! If you took pictures at our booth, please EMAIL THEM to me, tom AT newgrounds.com! I have a lot of picture pages to prep... The NG Mod Meetup, Comic-Con, etc... I sadly didn't take many pics at G4 but I can put something together based on footage of the show, perhaps. So much to do... I need interns BAD.

Remember that original NG office I made an offer on? Well it appears to have been sold in my absense, to the company that might be tearing it down to make a parking lot. We'll see. There is another builiding I have had my eye on, but it's too expensive. Playing the waiting game for now.

I have a pile of bills and I need to mail out the NG prize packs as well for June. The fun never stops! Please email me your Comic-Con pics! There's a million thoughts in my head right now but I think I'll just stop now and post more later.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:49:09

Since it's not made with flash, is there any way to see let's say videos from the new game? :)

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:49:19

Awesome, but what about the name for the new game?

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:52:06

Been busy then i take it.

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:52:24

I would've watched G4, but i don't have american Tv :(

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:55:37

Well it's good to know you're back. I hope the new game gets a title soon.

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:55:53

Sounds fun Tom, I might just buy it when it comes out in the UK.........There's better be a UK release lol.

Have you thought up of a name yet or are you just going to leave it until you've finished the whole thing....or is it going to be called "Behemoth's next game"?

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:57:04

Yeah! I was the crazy kid that hugged you! I have pics and will email them! Yeah!

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 09:58:43

too bad on the office :(

don't worry, I'm sure you'll get another once soon... many NG members are willing to chip in if you ever need higher bids in the future ;)

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 10:26:23

*Additional comment border lining fellatio.*

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 10:33:32

Looks, nice.
What names are you considering?

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 10:34:47

Cool! I like previews!

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 10:36:13

At 7/20/05 09:46 AM, TomFulp wrote: I need interns BAD.

Hello.

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 10:52:30

At 7/20/05 09:46 AM, TomFulp wrote: stuff

Anyone ever think to make a flash of toms adventures?

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 10:53:41

Great to know everything is happening Tom, even if it does seem to be a little overwhelming at times ;)
It seems like Behemoth is certainly making a name for itself with old-school side scrollers.
Are there any screenshots available of the game, or are you gonna make us wait even more :O

Good luck finding an office building too- I look forward to hopefully visiting an Official NG HQ one day.

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 11:05:05

Glad the comic con went well Tom as well as the cash you made will your new game be a beat em up like the old TMNT arcade?

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 11:06:28

Hey Tom! It was a dream come true getting to meet you. Alien Hominid is what inspired me to start making flash games. And now that I've started, I know that programming games is something that I want to do for a carreer! I have a pic of you and me in my profile, I'll send the other pics to you later. Intern you say? Well uh... that would be another dream come true. If you were serious about that, I'd be more than happy to do it!

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 11:32:41

At 7/20/05 09:52 AM, Frostbreath wrote: I would've watched G4, but i don't have american Tv :(

Same problem here man....

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 12:01:25

At 7/20/05 11:06 AM, frostedmuffins wrote: Intern you say? Well uh... that would be another dream come true. If you were serious about that, I'd be more than happy to do it!

Same here, who needs school?

<3

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 12:05:22

You can't imagine how hyped up i am for this game, i always love 4 player co-op

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 12:13:33

At 7/20/05 09:52 AM, Frostbreath wrote: I would've watched G4, but i don't have american Tv :(

Yeah. Sucks to be us.

Well, grats on the good reception of the game, Tom.

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 12:13:51

I would be an intern, except I have none of the qualities that interns need. Other than that, the new game looks killer.

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 12:55:08

Cool

Good luck with the new game dude

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 13:07:24

Well I am glad you had you had lots of fun, the early reviews look good.
Sounds like a fun game.

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 13:11:33

At 7/20/05 09:46 AM, TomFulp wrote: I need interns BAD.

Would you take a 15 year old? I live right outside of Philly and have nothing to do during the summer

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 13:30:15

Hi tom! I was the kid who was from new jersey. I have some pics, I just gotta wait for my mom to upload them. :D

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 13:50:24

West Coast > East Coast.

STAY HERE!

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 13:55:56

You didn't even have a TITLE for the new game? That's fantastic! ^_^

Looks like fun. Does however, look a lot like AH did. Nothing wrong with that, but people are going to pick up on it.

Still. I'll be reserving my copy as soon as you decide on a name. Ye Olde Adventure... lol... it could sell just like that imho...

BBS Signature

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 14:06:53

At 7/20/05 01:55 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: You didn't even have a TITLE for the new game? That's fantastic! ^_^

Looks like fun. Does however, look a lot like AH did. Nothing wrong with that, but people are going to pick up on it.

Still. I'll be reserving my copy as soon as you decide on a name. Ye Olde Adventure... lol... it could sell just like that imho...

The style is actually completely different. Alien Hominid is a shoot em up type game, where as this game is a beat em up type game. If you were talking about art, however, yeah it looks similar, but that's because it's by the same artist(s)! I love Dan's art style!

Response to Back from the West Coast 2005-07-20 14:46:12

At 7/20/05 09:46 AM, TomFulp wrote:

:So much to do... I need interns BAD.

Is there a way that you would be comfortable with some sort of long-distance internship? Perhaps set up an "intern" folder on your server with highly restricted access (so the intern wouldn't have access anywhere else but there), and share files that way?

It seems that you've got a lot of people here on NG willing to help, but few of us living in the Philly area to work in person. Perhaps the application screening process would be a full time job all on it's own! :)

It just seems a shame that the NG users have fairly limited ways to help the site grow...