00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official "I got review banned, wah"

46,535 Views | 602 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-18 20:20:42

Hey guys , wassup? I'm gonna go slightly off-topic since it's about a ban that's not caused by reviews ...

My brother E_E_Edge got banned the other day by some stupid mod cuz he posted a pic twice for 3 days and when he used an alt to explain his situation that really didn't mean to spam to the mod he got banned for an additional 30 days for using an alt... it's messed up that some mods around here like to rough up on ppl whenever they feel like... sure i read the rules and they say that mods pretty much have free reign on the BBS to do whatever the f... they want to ( i.e ban 4 fun) but that's f...up , the mod should've given a warning , at least, cuz 30 days on a noob is too fuckin harsh.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-18 21:18:32

At 1/18/06 08:20 PM, Ape_Lincoln wrote: Hey guys , wassup? I'm gonna go slightly off-topic since it's about a ban that's not caused by reviews ...

My brother E_E_Edge got banned the other day by some stupid mod cuz he posted a pic twice for 3 days and when he used an alt to explain his situation that really didn't mean to spam to the mod he got banned for an additional 30 days for using an alt... it's messed up that some mods around here like to rough up on ppl whenever they feel like... sure i read the rules and they say that mods pretty much have free reign on the BBS to do whatever the f... they want to ( i.e ban 4 fun) but that's f...up , the mod should've given a warning , at least, cuz 30 days on a noob is too fuckin harsh.

That is because he broke the rules when he made the alt account. when you get banned you are not suppose to make an alt account to get around the ban. and when he made the alt to get around the ban he broke that rule and the punishment for that is the termination of both accounts. so he should consider himself lucky his accounts weren't deleted. but what he should have done instead of making an alt to explain was she should have emailed the mod who banned him and let him know this instead of doing so through the BBS. also I am not sure but I think it is against the rules to complain about someone else's ban as well (correct me if I am wrong mods)

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-19 08:31:46

That is because he broke the rules when he made the alt account. when you get banned you are not suppose to make an alt account to get around the ban. and when he made the alt to get around the ban he broke that rule and the punishment for that is the termination of both accounts. so he should consider himself lucky his accounts weren't deleted. but what he should have done instead of making an alt to explain was she should have emailed the mod who banned him and let him know this instead of doing so through the BBS. also I am not sure but I think it is against the rules to complain about someone else's ban as well (correct me if I am wrong mods)

The purpose of this thread is to complain about a ban, am i right ??? After all, it was created by a mod so that ppl would complain about getting review-banned and the mod would explain why the person got banned . ( i'm ignoring the fact that he created this thread only for his own amusement not because he cared about listening to the ppl ... but i'll not go any further with this considering the unstable nature of some mods (...) )
I've read the rules and complaining about someone else's ban can get you another ban , but the mod who created this thread "bent" the rule by allowing ppl to do so, therefore, I believe i have the legitimate right to complain about it on behalf of my brother thus, If I or any individual get banned for this specific reason , the mod should no longer be a mod since he broke the rule and led us to believe we had any rights to complain whatsoever .

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-19 19:19:42

At 1/19/06 08:31 AM, Ape_Lincoln wrote: stuff

You guys are completly missing the point here....

From what I read The bans you are talking about are BBS related, not review related.
Those two type of bans have nothing to do with each other.
The rule about complain about your ban is more suited for the BBS bans not reviews.
Since when people are banned from the BBS it gives them a reason also a lot of the mods sign thier bans so if you get banned they can see the reason and even contact the mod via email if they really want to.

With review bans there is no reason listed nor does it tell you who banned you.

The main purpose of this thread is to point out to people how they broke the review rules so they can avoid future ban once they are unbanned.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-19 19:56:04

At 1/17/06 02:27 AM, F00D wrote: Me too

We insulted critic90 and he didn't even mind... yet we get review banned for it, without making hardly anything that could be considered abusive before that review.

The reason for the ban was anyone that was banned because they reviewed that flash is because they didn't stick to just review the flash rule. Plus it lots of attention I have written hundreds of reviews that were like that but never recieved a ban. (well maybe from gfox but I encouraged him) when I got my first ban last summer.

Oh well... I realize its futile to complain here, since the review mods can't unban people. I'm just waiting for Wade to clear all of the bans.

The review mods can only guess why you were banned. Thats the biggests question is why did I get banned?

Or should I e-mail him and ask him to hear our plea? He probably gets enough e-mails as it is and either wouldn't catch out mail or wouldnt care, since we're Star Syndicate members/lovers :(

I wouldnt even try emailing Wade nor would I try convicing him I was banned unjustly. So like you said. just wait.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-20 00:48:49

At 1/19/06 07:56 PM, iscRulz wrote: The reason for the ban was anyone that was banned because they reviewed that flash is because they didn't stick to just review the flash rule. Plus it lots of attention I have written hundreds of reviews that were like that but never recieved a ban. (well maybe from gfox but I encouraged him) when I got my first ban last summer.

The thing is I did review the flash itself. God its hard remembering back that far... but I think I ragged on critic90 for reviewing WadeFulp Internet Badass well and thinking it was anti-Star Syndicate when in fact it is pro-Star Syndicate. But after that I went on to review the flash itself, which I really did enjoy.

The review mods can only guess why you were banned. Thats the biggests question is why did I get banned?

Yeah and the answer was "we don't exactly know why" :P

I wouldnt even try emailing Wade nor would I try convicing him I was banned unjustly. So like you said. just wait.

Yeah that's what I figured.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-20 08:30:12

I'm curious as to how I got banned. I'm assuming it's because my negative reviews on IllWillPress movies get marked as abusive because they're below a 7, but I suppose it's possible that it could've been something else.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-20 15:18:31

At 1/20/06 12:48 AM, F00D wrote: The thing is I did review the flash itself. God its hard remembering back that far... but I think I ragged on critic90 for reviewing WadeFulp Internet Badass well and thinking it was anti-Star Syndicate when in fact it is pro-Star Syndicate. But after that I went on to review the flash itself, which I really did enjoy.

I cant remember what I wrote, the review was deleted before the ban was placed probably something generic.

Yeah and the answer was "we don't exactly know why" :P

yes.

Yeah that's what I figured.

Ah well I enjoy being banned more time to gain b/p. Not really I do see some flash I would like to review an give an invaild opinion on it.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-21 15:26:33

I already know why I've been banned because Uberbarista already told me... I've been spamming by writing reviews for submissions that their makers wanted to have deleted. I used a Wade Fulp quote to tell them how to get their submission deleted. Uberbarista told me it isn't helpfull, well I don't agree but that's ok. Now I suggest that things like that should be in the FAQ but it isn't. Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only... Further more I violated review rule 3 and 7.. (:s yeah I know have been a bad boy... ) I guess I haven't read the rules too often. When I'm unbanned I'll better my reviewlife :P

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-21 19:02:50

At 1/21/06 03:26 PM, MrFeelGood_85 wrote: blah blah blah(...) Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only... (...) blah blah blah

STFU U XENOPHOBIC EMO PUNK ASS BITCH !!! >:( *SICK N' TIRED OF CATCHIN' THESE OPPORTUNISTIC PUNK ASS IDIOTS SNEAKING 'N' SPITTIN' IN THEIR HATE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS THAT THEY SAY !!! I AM ENTITLED TO SPEAK WHATEVER LANGUAGE I FEEL LIKE , CAPISCE?! NOW BEAT IT !!!

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-21 19:46:30

At 1/21/06 07:02 PM, Ape_Lincoln wrote:
At 1/21/06 03:26 PM, MrFeelGood_85 wrote: blah blah blah(...) Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only... (...) blah blah blah
STFU U XENOPHOBIC EMO PUNK ASS BITCH !!! >:( *SICK N' TIRED OF CATCHIN' THESE OPPORTUNISTIC PUNK ASS IDIOTS SNEAKING 'N' SPITTIN' IN THEIR HATE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS THAT THEY SAY !!! I AM ENTITLED TO SPEAK WHATEVER LANGUAGE I FEEL LIKE , CAPISCE?! NOW BEAT IT !!!

If I would be xenophobic I'd say you all needed to review in Dutch... You're the one that's acting punk ass and hatefull with your cap message... The reason behind my thougth is that it would be easier for review admins to sort out the junk... instead of having to translate a review in another language first... i''m not being hatefull, I'm not SPEAKING English either but on an international site it's just easier if their would be typed in one language (If you would have typed your message in another language than Enlish or Dutch I wouldn't be able to understand a single thing of what you're trying to say) you're so misinterpretating the thing I typed! I feel sorry for you already... generalising me into a group I have nothing to do with.. calling me names... whatever dude.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-22 10:36:40

:Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only...

Eso es mierda pura, las revistas son para el autor y el escritor, no para payasos como tu.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-22 21:37:51

At 1/20/06 08:30 AM, HandsomePete wrote: I'm curious as to how I got banned. I'm assuming it's because my negative reviews on IllWillPress movies get marked as abusive because they're below a 7, but I suppose it's possible that it could've been something else.

I lay odds with the review that had
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*50UG

in it, it was much longer than that. It is considered spam even if the review is positive.

You had a few others that I would cobnsider questionable like

=P~~~~~~ I liek da muvy

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-23 03:50:50

At 1/22/06 10:36 AM, HandsomePete wrote:
Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only...
Eso es mierda pura, las revistas son para el autor y el escritor, no para payasos como tu.

You're right, but it must be rated if abusive by OTHER users... It's just a thought didn't mean to offend people with other languages. It doesn't happen that much, but still it can be easier... the main point for me was to include the way to let your (old) submissions be deleted in the FAQ...

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-24 00:14:54

At 1/22/06 09:37 PM, ramagi wrote:
I lay odds with the review that had
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*50UG

in it, it was much longer than that. It is considered spam even if the review is positive.

You had a few others that I would cobnsider questionable like

=P~~~~~~ I liek da muvy

Lol, alright, fair enough. I remembered that one a few days ago and wondered if that mighta been it.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-24 07:21:39

At 1/23/06 03:50 AM, MrFeelGood_85 wrote:
At 1/22/06 10:36 AM, HandsomePete wrote: Eso es mierda pura, las revistas son para el autor y el escritor, no para payasos como tu.
You're right, but it must be rated if abusive by OTHER users... It's just a thought didn't mean to offend people with other languages. It doesn't happen that much, but still it can be easier... the main point for me was to include the way to let your (old) submissions be deleted in the FAQ...

you did understand him, did you not? and review mods have translators, both automated and persons speaking the languages who can translate things that don't get translated by the robots.

Serving Justice to flash since 1999

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-24 10:15:45

At 1/24/06 07:21 AM, nimmer wrote: you did understand him, did you not? and review mods have translators, both automated and persons speaking the languages who can translate things that don't get translated by the robots.

Not to mention that quite a few of us can read in other languages. I just banned someone today for posting offensive reviews in Dutch.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-27 19:20:40

[Goin Review Crazy] Gaaaa... How long till he clears the bans? So much stupidity in the world, so much sarcasm building up.....

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-27 20:25:03

...Just out of curiosity (I figure this thread is an appropriate place to ask), how long is the typical review ban? Not that I'm out to find out firsthand, mind you.

"From the land beyond Beyond..." Hey, wait a sec- isn't that just here? Where's that genie?

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-27 20:28:46

At 1/27/06 07:20 PM, HandsomePete wrote: [Goin Review Crazy] Gaaaa... How long till he clears the bans? So much stupidity in the world, so much sarcasm building up.....

Who knows. It could be lifted tomorrow, it could be lifted 10 years from now all it all depends when wade looks at all the review banned people's reviews and revomes them all

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-01-28 22:37:06

At 1/27/06 08:25 PM, Argrest wrote: ...Just out of curiosity (I figure this thread is an appropriate place to ask), how long is the typical review ban? Not that I'm out to find out firsthand, mind you.

That is hard to tell, the admins clear them wwhen they clear them.
Some tiems it a few weeks sometimes it is several months.
That is why it is wise to follow the review rules.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-03 18:28:53

Ok i got banned cos i sayd some bad words in reviews sorry but plz can u take it away i promast if u say even once again bad words like F*** or say that movie sux or something u can bann me forever just plz take bann away! :P

Click on sig pic!

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-03 18:51:57

At 2/3/06 06:28 PM, jouilya wrote: Ok i got banned cos i sayd some bad words in reviews sorry but plz can u take it away i promast if u say even once again bad words like F*** or say that movie sux or something u can bann me forever just plz take bann away! :P

Your ban wont be lifted until one of the admins clears all the bans, which could take weeks, or could take months. Begging will not get your ban lifted. Only time will. I don't think the admins check this thread anyways, and thus you will probably never be heard.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-05 12:37:51

At 2/3/06 06:51 PM, zzazzman wrote:
Your ban wont be lifted until one of the admins clears all the bans, which could take weeks, or could take months. Begging will not get your ban lifted. Only time will. I don't think the admins check this thread anyways, and thus you will probably never be heard.

There are mods who check this forum at least. It's something, at least. However, the current ban has been going on for a while now, so the lift can't be horribly far away.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-11 14:27:22

ok i was banned from making reviews and i dont know why it was after the day i let my brother go on here and play some games wich im thinking he did some thing stupid

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-11 22:55:53

My sister got review banned ( she deserved it ) but do you know how long she's gonna stay banned?

Her name is E_E_Edge

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-11 22:58:08

At 2/11/06 10:55 PM, Ape_Lincoln wrote: My sister got review banned ( she deserved it ) but do you know how long she's gonna stay banned?

There's no way of knowing, the bans are lifted whenever Wade gets round to lifting them, it could be tomorrow, it could be 6 months from now.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-12 00:25:38

Yea, I'm getting pretty sick of this ban. I just wanna read my old ones, because I crack myself up.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-12 12:41:56

i am new on here and was starting to get use to it then i saw people in reviews saying Blam this Blam That i thought u could do it so i did it then i got banned then i read the rules why i i got banned and i understand i wish i read them in the first place all i want to know now is if i am banned forever please help i miss reviewing Wah!!!! :-(

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-02-12 13:40:57

At 2/11/06 02:27 PM, evil_sicko_under_you wrote: ok i was banned from making reviews and i dont know why it was after the day i let my brother go on here and play some games wich im thinking he did some thing stupid

diediediediediediediediediediediediediedie
diediedi January 31, 2006
Entry: Death To It Ep.#9 Overall Score: 0
diediediediediediediediediediediediediedie
diediediediediedi
ediediediediediediediediediediediediediedi
ediediediediediedi
ediediediediediediediediediediediediediedi
ediediediediedie why dont u kust die u crappy flash blam this flash now
Graphics: 0 Sound: 0 Interactivity: 0 Style: 0 Violence: 0 Humor: 0

blam it January 31, 2006
Entry: War through The Ages Part Overall Score: 0
BLamBLamBLamBLamBLamBLamBLamBLamBLamBLamBL
amBLamBLamBLam
ok sry needed to get that off my chest now blam this
Graphics: 0 Sound: 0 Interactivity: 0 Style: 0 Violence: 0 Humor: 0

[Edited to save space, since the BLamBLam repeats to pretty much the review text limit.]

Hmm... I wonder why you were banned. And there's no need to lie about your brother doing it, just take responsibility for your actions, you'll feel better.

At 2/11/06 10:55 PM, Ape_Lincoln wrote: but do you know how long she's gonna stay banned?

Looking at her reviews... hopefully she'll be banned for a long time.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature