New Topic Respond to this Topic
Starberry
Starberry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 5th, 2006 @ 09:15 PM Reply

ah, sorry it's just that last time i remember any review bans being lifted it was a huge event of everyone being simultaneously unbanned. i wasn't even sure if people were periodically unbanned, but it looks like they are.

ramagi
ramagi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 5th, 2006 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 1/5/06 09:15 PM, Starberry wrote: ah, sorry it's just that last time i remember any review bans being lifted it was a huge event of everyone being simultaneously unbanned. i wasn't even sure if people were periodically unbanned, but it looks like they are.

Well the admins cold have chose to uunban a few peopel or jsut a couple for what eve reason. Didn't touch the rest of ban, I have seen that a few times in the past.

KaIandro
KaIandro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 6th, 2006 @ 10:02 AM Reply

Basically, threads like these should be locked and banned. Even if your just explaining why not to bitch about your ban in a thread like this, it's just like that kind of thread itself.

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 6th, 2006 @ 10:05 AM Reply

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Joe
Joe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 6th, 2006 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 1/6/06 10:02 AM, IntelligentElephant wrote: Basically, threads like these should be locked and banned.

That's why YOU are not a mod, and the creator of this thread is.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature
TommyGun
TommyGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 7th, 2006 @ 12:52 PM Reply

this thread is great, whistle points for me!

ex banns and banns = whistle points!

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"
Ronald Reagan
Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 7th, 2006 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 1/7/06 12:52 PM, SaiNT_SiLEiGHtY wrote: this thread is great, whistle points for me!

Not sure how, seeing how if someone's banned, you can't see the reviews.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
WooldoorSockbat
WooldoorSockbat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 11th, 2006 @ 08:26 PM Reply

oddly enough some of my reviews have been deleted (about 5 or 6) but ive never gotten banned so yeah thats good. the only reason i found this post is because i was bored and searched for my newgrounds name on google "in web" and a few things popped up all posts or responds people did to my posts. but then i noticed something that said "i got review banned for calling Critic90 a faggot in the critic90 flash" it was something like that and i quickley cliked to this post but couldnt find that comment but it was by starberry so... if you were banned from the review you did for ATTN: Critic90 wich is the only flash against me i had nothing to do with it i didnt click "abusive" on any reviews for that but was pretty pissed off by the things people were saying. i hope you get ur reviewing privilages bak (but of course calling random ppl names wont help you much).

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 12th, 2006 @ 02:11 AM Reply

At 1/11/06 08:26 PM, critic90 wrote: oddly enough some of my reviews have been deleted (about 5 or 6) but ive never gotten banned so yeah thats good.

It could be a number of reasons why you weren't banned. It could be that the review that were deleted were months old. (Correct me if I am wrong Mods) Mods tend to ban people who make more recent abuse reviews then real old ones. It could also be that your reviews weren't all that abusive who knows.

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 12th, 2006 @ 02:37 AM Reply

At 1/11/06 08:26 PM, critic90 wrote: oddly enoing Critic90 a faggot in the critic90 flash" it was something like that and i quickley cliked to this post but couldnt find that comment but it was by starberry so... if you were banned from the review you did for ATTN: Critic90 wich is the only flash against me i had nothing to do with it i didnt click "abusive" on any reviews for that but was pretty pissed off by the things people were saying.

Hey thats me.

i hope you get ur reviewing privilages bak (but of course calling random ppl names wont help you much).

i ve been banned before so its not a problem. I am going for 3 times and I probably wont even try just forget to follow the stay on the movie ettiqutte or don't say something about someoneelse review. Hopefully thats a record. or not someone find out.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Melles
Melles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 17th, 2006 @ 01:15 AM Reply

*sniff* i got banned

Dimethyltryptamine

BBS Signature
f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 17th, 2006 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 1/12/06 02:37 AM, iscRulz wrote:
At 1/11/06 08:26 PM, critic90 wrote: oddly enoing Critic90 a faggot in the critic90 flash" it was something like that and i quickley cliked to this post but couldnt find that comment but it was by starberry so... if you were banned from the review you did for ATTN: Critic90 wich is the only flash against me i had nothing to do with it i didnt click "abusive" on any reviews for that but was pretty pissed off by the things people were saying.
Hey thats me.

Me too

We insulted critic90 and he didn't even mind... yet we get review banned for it, without making hardly anything that could be considered abusive before that review.

Oh well... I realize its futile to complain here, since the review mods can't unban people. I'm just waiting for Wade to clear all of the bans.
Or should I e-mail him and ask him to hear our plea? He probably gets enough e-mails as it is and either wouldn't catch out mail or wouldnt care, since we're Star Syndicate members/lovers :(

tre

BBS Signature
Grant
Grant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 17th, 2006 @ 08:47 AM Reply

And so as Starberry and PowerRangerYELLOW. They are both banned from reviewing.

Grant
Grant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 17th, 2006 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 1/5/06 03:51 PM, ShadowKingLock wrote: OMFG i can write a review again! omg! omg! thank you so much i promise i will be nicer to people who make horrorbile flash! there really is a God!

btw sorry for the double post i just wanted to say thank you :)

Please make sure to read the review guidlines next time. If you break the guidlines again, you will be banned from reviewing again!

<deleted>
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 18th, 2006 @ 08:20 PM Reply

Hey guys , wassup? I'm gonna go slightly off-topic since it's about a ban that's not caused by reviews ...

My brother E_E_Edge got banned the other day by some stupid mod cuz he posted a pic twice for 3 days and when he used an alt to explain his situation that really didn't mean to spam to the mod he got banned for an additional 30 days for using an alt... it's messed up that some mods around here like to rough up on ppl whenever they feel like... sure i read the rules and they say that mods pretty much have free reign on the BBS to do whatever the f... they want to ( i.e ban 4 fun) but that's f...up , the mod should've given a warning , at least, cuz 30 days on a noob is too fuckin harsh.

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 18th, 2006 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 1/17/06 02:27 AM, F00D wrote: Or should I e-mail him and ask him to hear our plea? He probably gets enough e-mails as it is and either wouldn't catch out mail or wouldnt care, since we're Star Syndicate members/lovers :(

You could try e-mail, but it generally doesn't work. I was banned over the summer. Of course I copy and pasted you suck a few hundred times (look back in this thread and you can see it) so it makes sense. Just wait it out... some people who get banned right all their reviews in a note pad and then when time is up just follow the links in the pad and copy and paste in. Not a big deal looking back...

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 18th, 2006 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 1/18/06 08:20 PM, Ape_Lincoln wrote: Hey guys , wassup? I'm gonna go slightly off-topic since it's about a ban that's not caused by reviews ...

My brother E_E_Edge got banned the other day by some stupid mod cuz he posted a pic twice for 3 days and when he used an alt to explain his situation that really didn't mean to spam to the mod he got banned for an additional 30 days for using an alt... it's messed up that some mods around here like to rough up on ppl whenever they feel like... sure i read the rules and they say that mods pretty much have free reign on the BBS to do whatever the f... they want to ( i.e ban 4 fun) but that's f...up , the mod should've given a warning , at least, cuz 30 days on a noob is too fuckin harsh.

That is because he broke the rules when he made the alt account. when you get banned you are not suppose to make an alt account to get around the ban. and when he made the alt to get around the ban he broke that rule and the punishment for that is the termination of both accounts. so he should consider himself lucky his accounts weren't deleted. but what he should have done instead of making an alt to explain was she should have emailed the mod who banned him and let him know this instead of doing so through the BBS. also I am not sure but I think it is against the rules to complain about someone else's ban as well (correct me if I am wrong mods)

<deleted>
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 19th, 2006 @ 08:31 AM Reply

That is because he broke the rules when he made the alt account. when you get banned you are not suppose to make an alt account to get around the ban. and when he made the alt to get around the ban he broke that rule and the punishment for that is the termination of both accounts. so he should consider himself lucky his accounts weren't deleted. but what he should have done instead of making an alt to explain was she should have emailed the mod who banned him and let him know this instead of doing so through the BBS. also I am not sure but I think it is against the rules to complain about someone else's ban as well (correct me if I am wrong mods)

The purpose of this thread is to complain about a ban, am i right ??? After all, it was created by a mod so that ppl would complain about getting review-banned and the mod would explain why the person got banned . ( i'm ignoring the fact that he created this thread only for his own amusement not because he cared about listening to the ppl ... but i'll not go any further with this considering the unstable nature of some mods (...) )
I've read the rules and complaining about someone else's ban can get you another ban , but the mod who created this thread "bent" the rule by allowing ppl to do so, therefore, I believe i have the legitimate right to complain about it on behalf of my brother thus, If I or any individual get banned for this specific reason , the mod should no longer be a mod since he broke the rule and led us to believe we had any rights to complain whatsoever .

ramagi
ramagi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 19th, 2006 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 1/19/06 08:31 AM, Ape_Lincoln wrote: stuff

You guys are completly missing the point here....

From what I read The bans you are talking about are BBS related, not review related.
Those two type of bans have nothing to do with each other.
The rule about complain about your ban is more suited for the BBS bans not reviews.
Since when people are banned from the BBS it gives them a reason also a lot of the mods sign thier bans so if you get banned they can see the reason and even contact the mod via email if they really want to.

With review bans there is no reason listed nor does it tell you who banned you.

The main purpose of this thread is to point out to people how they broke the review rules so they can avoid future ban once they are unbanned.

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 19th, 2006 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 1/17/06 02:27 AM, F00D wrote: Me too

We insulted critic90 and he didn't even mind... yet we get review banned for it, without making hardly anything that could be considered abusive before that review.

The reason for the ban was anyone that was banned because they reviewed that flash is because they didn't stick to just review the flash rule. Plus it lots of attention I have written hundreds of reviews that were like that but never recieved a ban. (well maybe from gfox but I encouraged him) when I got my first ban last summer.

Oh well... I realize its futile to complain here, since the review mods can't unban people. I'm just waiting for Wade to clear all of the bans.

The review mods can only guess why you were banned. Thats the biggests question is why did I get banned?

Or should I e-mail him and ask him to hear our plea? He probably gets enough e-mails as it is and either wouldn't catch out mail or wouldnt care, since we're Star Syndicate members/lovers :(

I wouldnt even try emailing Wade nor would I try convicing him I was banned unjustly. So like you said. just wait.

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 20th, 2006 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 1/19/06 07:56 PM, iscRulz wrote: The reason for the ban was anyone that was banned because they reviewed that flash is because they didn't stick to just review the flash rule. Plus it lots of attention I have written hundreds of reviews that were like that but never recieved a ban. (well maybe from gfox but I encouraged him) when I got my first ban last summer.

The thing is I did review the flash itself. God its hard remembering back that far... but I think I ragged on critic90 for reviewing WadeFulp Internet Badass well and thinking it was anti-Star Syndicate when in fact it is pro-Star Syndicate. But after that I went on to review the flash itself, which I really did enjoy.

The review mods can only guess why you were banned. Thats the biggests question is why did I get banned?

Yeah and the answer was "we don't exactly know why" :P

I wouldnt even try emailing Wade nor would I try convicing him I was banned unjustly. So like you said. just wait.

Yeah that's what I figured.

tre

BBS Signature
HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 20th, 2006 @ 08:30 AM Reply

I'm curious as to how I got banned. I'm assuming it's because my negative reviews on IllWillPress movies get marked as abusive because they're below a 7, but I suppose it's possible that it could've been something else.

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 20th, 2006 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 1/20/06 12:48 AM, F00D wrote: The thing is I did review the flash itself. God its hard remembering back that far... but I think I ragged on critic90 for reviewing WadeFulp Internet Badass well and thinking it was anti-Star Syndicate when in fact it is pro-Star Syndicate. But after that I went on to review the flash itself, which I really did enjoy.

I cant remember what I wrote, the review was deleted before the ban was placed probably something generic.

Yeah and the answer was "we don't exactly know why" :P

yes.

Yeah that's what I figured.

Ah well I enjoy being banned more time to gain b/p. Not really I do see some flash I would like to review an give an invaild opinion on it.

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
MisterFeelGood
MisterFeelGood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 03:26 PM Reply

I already know why I've been banned because Uberbarista already told me... I've been spamming by writing reviews for submissions that their makers wanted to have deleted. I used a Wade Fulp quote to tell them how to get their submission deleted. Uberbarista told me it isn't helpfull, well I don't agree but that's ok. Now I suggest that things like that should be in the FAQ but it isn't. Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only... Further more I violated review rule 3 and 7.. (:s yeah I know have been a bad boy... ) I guess I haven't read the rules too often. When I'm unbanned I'll better my reviewlife :P

<deleted>
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 1/21/06 03:26 PM, MrFeelGood_85 wrote: blah blah blah(...) Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only... (...) blah blah blah

STFU U XENOPHOBIC EMO PUNK ASS BITCH !!! >:( *SICK N' TIRED OF CATCHIN' THESE OPPORTUNISTIC PUNK ASS IDIOTS SNEAKING 'N' SPITTIN' IN THEIR HATE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS THAT THEY SAY !!! I AM ENTITLED TO SPEAK WHATEVER LANGUAGE I FEEL LIKE , CAPISCE?! NOW BEAT IT !!!

MisterFeelGood
MisterFeelGood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 1/21/06 07:02 PM, Ape_Lincoln wrote:
At 1/21/06 03:26 PM, MrFeelGood_85 wrote: blah blah blah(...) Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only... (...) blah blah blah
STFU U XENOPHOBIC EMO PUNK ASS BITCH !!! >:( *SICK N' TIRED OF CATCHIN' THESE OPPORTUNISTIC PUNK ASS IDIOTS SNEAKING 'N' SPITTIN' IN THEIR HATE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS THAT THEY SAY !!! I AM ENTITLED TO SPEAK WHATEVER LANGUAGE I FEEL LIKE , CAPISCE?! NOW BEAT IT !!!

If I would be xenophobic I'd say you all needed to review in Dutch... You're the one that's acting punk ass and hatefull with your cap message... The reason behind my thougth is that it would be easier for review admins to sort out the junk... instead of having to translate a review in another language first... i''m not being hatefull, I'm not SPEAKING English either but on an international site it's just easier if their would be typed in one language (If you would have typed your message in another language than Enlish or Dutch I wouldn't be able to understand a single thing of what you're trying to say) you're so misinterpretating the thing I typed! I feel sorry for you already... generalising me into a group I have nothing to do with.. calling me names... whatever dude.

HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 22nd, 2006 @ 10:36 AM Reply

:Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only...

Eso es mierda pura, las revistas son para el autor y el escritor, no para payasos como tu.

BBS Signature
ramagi
ramagi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 22nd, 2006 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At 1/20/06 08:30 AM, HandsomePete wrote: I'm curious as to how I got banned. I'm assuming it's because my negative reviews on IllWillPress movies get marked as abusive because they're below a 7, but I suppose it's possible that it could've been something else.

I lay odds with the review that had
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*50UG

in it, it was much longer than that. It is considered spam even if the review is positive.

You had a few others that I would cobnsider questionable like

=P~~~~~~ I liek da muvy

MisterFeelGood
MisterFeelGood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 23rd, 2006 @ 03:50 AM Reply

At 1/22/06 10:36 AM, HandsomePete wrote:
Also It would be a good thing in my opinion to make it a rule that reviews should be in english only...
Eso es mierda pura, las revistas son para el autor y el escritor, no para payasos como tu.

You're right, but it must be rated if abusive by OTHER users... It's just a thought didn't mean to offend people with other languages. It doesn't happen that much, but still it can be easier... the main point for me was to include the way to let your (old) submissions be deleted in the FAQ...

HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" Jan. 24th, 2006 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 1/22/06 09:37 PM, ramagi wrote:
I lay odds with the review that had
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*50UG

in it, it was much longer than that. It is considered spam even if the review is positive.

You had a few others that I would cobnsider questionable like

=P~~~~~~ I liek da muvy

Lol, alright, fair enough. I remembered that one a few days ago and wondered if that mighta been it.

BBS Signature