Minion777
Minion777
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 02:48:23 Reply

At 7/1/05 02:31 AM, UndergroundSun wrote:
At 7/1/05 02:27 AM, Minion777 wrote: and for now, I will call you "The great unknown one"....noob of mystery
Ok, I'll drop the suspense.

HOLY SHIT...i wondered what happened to you.....well that sucks...and to the other person...pankace just got kicked...he couldnt attain this much posts that soon....sorry to hear it man...i wonder what happened (you dont have to tell fo risk of another kick)

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000
DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature
HeinousDude
HeinousDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 02:49:45 Reply

At 7/1/05 02:45 AM, UndergroundSun wrote:
At 7/1/05 02:41 AM, HeinousDude wrote: and now we all laught at you.
Hence the reason I tried to avoid revealing my identity.
i thought you were legendarypancake...
Nope. No kiddie-pr0n here.

To tell the truth I stopped caring about levels long ago, so I didn't notice you were a lollypop until it got mentioned.

D34M0N
D34M0N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 03:27:48 Reply

At 7/1/05 01:45 AM, UndergroundSun wrote: Whining about the confederate flag...

STFU n00b!
Blacks used slaves too, not only the whites are guilty of slavery. And besides, animals are used as slaves too, and nobody cares about that.

Confederate Flag

BBS Signature
Stephanovich
Stephanovich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 03:31:01 Reply

wow guy, thats a bit much... and are you missing a leg?

HeinousDude
HeinousDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 03:36:07 Reply

At 7/1/05 03:27 AM, D34M0N wrote:
At 7/1/05 01:45 AM, UndergroundSun wrote: Whining about the confederate flag...
STFU n00b!
Blacks used slaves too, not only the whites are guilty of slavery. And besides, animals are used as slaves too, and nobody cares about that.

the "slave" blacks used were common with white's "slave" in name only. black's slaves were people who lost wars and captured by their opposing tribes, and even then they didn't get whipped, and were released later anyway.

hector-complex
hector-complex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 03:36:39 Reply

Get guns and use your second amendment and change your goverment trust me its not treason its survival

D34M0N
D34M0N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 03:44:38 Reply

At 7/1/05 03:36 AM, HeinousDude wrote: the "slave" blacks used were common with white's "slave" in name only. black's slaves were people who lost wars and captured by their opposing tribes, and even then they didn't get whipped, and were released later anyway.

But they were forced to work too. And besides, slavery has been normal all over history, only now pussies are whining about the whites having slaves. It's not only the whites, it's all ppl. I hate those retarted hypocrites. Maybe the white americans threated their slaves a little worse then the blacks, but still they had to work against their will.

BBS Signature
Raven-1
Raven-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 03:46:29 Reply

At 7/1/05 02:43 AM, -idle- wrote:
Haha, I'm suspicious of you.

From the small amount of research I just did, it's definitely highly likely ; )

Oh well, I could be wrong.

GL said this would happen. Keep your eye on me if you'd want. I think you'll like what you see. :p

Bofher
Bofher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 03:46:43 Reply

Meh,
to me the confederate flag thing can mean things like this....
1: Its just a redneck thing considered cool if you have one.
2:someone who actually does hate black people.
3: People who belive in states rights and just want to show it.
4: a KKK member.
5: someone who is trying to say he is a rebel.

But to me that flag doesnt mean anything, because anyone can have the confederate flag
and someone will get offended and i can mean alot of things. It may be offensive of course
but no need to go nuts about it....

HeinousDude
HeinousDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 04:04:52 Reply

At 7/1/05 03:44 AM, D34M0N wrote: Maybe the white americans threated their slaves a little worse then the blacks, but still they had to work against their will.

little worse is an understatement.......

GreenLanturn
GreenLanturn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 04:21:21 Reply

I don't think the Confederate bad is that bad of a symbol. I understand what you mean, but not all people that have one are thinking of it in the way you might think. It is one of those things that could go either way.

You can't really be sure the meaning behind it on either side so to take it away or ban it completely isn't exactly fair. Though I do understand what you're getting at.

I don't know. Hopefully people just don't have one with bad thoughts or intentions in mind.

I'm not conceited...I'm convinced.
Also, I like to use ellipses.......a lot...
Xbox Live: GreenLanternDSC

BBS Signature
KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 04:32:26 Reply

So, basically, you all want freedom... but only if it's what you want. Douche bags that bitch about racism or being offended by somethng need to learn to bitch less. There's up's and down to everything. You don't like that fact that someone's waving a Confederate flag? I'm sure they're not happy you're waving a Northern flag. You should be able to speak (or show) your mind without having some hypocritical asshole tell you it's offensive. If I were to say that I didn't approve of homosexuality, people would probably kick me out of wherever I was. Why? Because people don't like to hear the other side of free speech. Other people's thoughts on said subjects. They want you to speak your mind... unless it's contrary to theirs. That one episode of Futurama where Zoidberg eats the flag best states my point. That was a great episode.

I suck.

jobelow
jobelow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 05:17:04 Reply

I'm white. My people came to America as slaves. I don't bitch about it.

The "stars and bars" confederate flag wasn't actually even an official symbol of the CSA. It was a battle flag, used for a limited period of time among several other designs. It just happened to be the most memorable and eye-catching.

Yes, it is seen among stupid rednecks as cool, which is probably the most likely reason anyone would fly one today. I can't think of any other real reason, other than maybe possessor of such a flag is a Lynyrd Skynyrd Band fan, which is pretty much the same as a stupid redneck trying to be cool. The flag really bears next to no historical or political significance other than that attributed to it long after the civil war by racist draggers-out of stupid shit.

As far a the reason behind the civil war, racism was one of many other at least equally important reasons. Racism became the most socially heated and therefore most talked about in the early 20th century, and is now popularly recognized as the only or at least main reason, which in truth is total spin. The main reason from the point of view of the south was defense of their 10th amendment rights, following the advice of our founding fathers to incite revolution in the event of dissatisfaction with the government, something which has yet to be tried on a large scale since. A north-centered government making federal laws which apply to a region having a vastly different economy just didn't fly. The south was simply a very different region with a different climate and environment, and industries that worked in the north would not work in the south with mid-19th century technology, ignorant politicians didn't care and continued with legislation that would have (and post-war did) destroy the southern economy. Of course slavery was one asset crucial to the southern economy, and was only recently being seen as unacceptable by certain members of society at the time, as has been discussed already in this thread. Post-industrial revolution, the slavery question would have been moot point, so had the civil war happened a few decades later, the battle flag of the confederacy would not carry the social weight it carries as we know it. But even then, before this post-industrial economy, the south would have struggled against US policy, and I think the war would have eventually happened anyway, or at least a succession.

Racism as we know it is a double-headed beast of both ignorance and logic. On one hand, certain white morons have just been taught to hate black people. On the other hand, there does exist a certain logical disagreement with current policy regarding americans of african descent whose families came to this country as slaves. The truth is a large number of this population is living in a state of relative lawlessness using this historical baggage as an excuse. This is an opinion even held by africans whose families were never in slavery living in america. It is not a question of color or race, but origin.

Above point stated, I am in no way racist, but have been related this opinion first hand by numerous african individuals living in this country.

Bottom line, people are people, some people take whatever excuse they can to act uncivilized, which results in hate from other people, and the whole deal is a bunch of stupid shit and in an ideal world we would all get over it, realize that first world nations have no use for that, and get on with progress.

SuburbaniteHunter
SuburbaniteHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 05:28:08 Reply

Ill settle this debate.....
People against confederate flags......Who Cares?
If you are so pissed off just go on a arson spree. It will be a redneck bonfire!
Redneck/Hillbillies.....Get on with your life!
You lost. Too damn bad. Suck it up and go back to banging barnyard animals or whatever the hell you do.
I myself dont give a damn if you hang a confederate flag. Its just another excuse to give the finger. But dont get mad when someone destroys it every week. You asked for it.
Sincerely,
SH
Professor of Get A Damn Life Theology, NGU

jobelow
jobelow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 05:30:05 Reply

oh yeah, sorry i'm drunk, and i gotta get the last word here for a minute.

I ended up just writing a big long shit, and there was really no way to fit this in, but vandalism isn't included in your 1st amendment rights, so burning the poor shit's flag or putting a sign in his yard doesn't fly.

SuburbaniteHunter
SuburbaniteHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 06:43:54 Reply

At 7/1/05 05:30 AM, jobelow wrote: oh yeah, sorry i'm drunk, and i gotta get the last word here for a minute.

I ended up just writing a big long shit, and there was really no way to fit this in, but vandalism isn't included in your 1st amendment rights, so burning the poor shit's flag or putting a sign in his yard doesn't fly.

Yeah but putting a flag in your yard with an arrow saying Ha Ha you lost pointing at his house is.

Shaun
Shaun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 06:44:57 Reply

whats wrong with slavery, BRING IT BACK!

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
jobelow
jobelow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 06:48:32 Reply

At 7/1/05 06:43 AM, SuburbaniteHunter wrote: in your yard

Very true. I say do it. hell yeah.

Markus
Markus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 07:02:01 Reply

At 7/1/05 02:43 AM, -idle- wrote:
lol. No sweetie. It would be an honor though. :p
Haha, I'm suspicious of you.

From the small amount of research I just did, it's definitely highly likely ; )

Oh well, I could be wrong.

same thoughts here. i think he's somebody else from that topic. great post btw.

who do i blame for this whole thing: Australians, and jews ofcourse.

Markus
Markus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 07:18:38 Reply

At 7/1/05 03:27 AM, D34M0N wrote:
STFU n00b!

hahaha! serious d00d, i was going to mention your name because i know about those pics but i thought naaah. should have looked at the seccond page. those pics are hilarious.

Punisher91
Punisher91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 07:28:15 Reply

well actually, there are several things as to why he is waving that flag. First, he could be from the south. second, his ancestors could have fought in the Civil War. third, its his pridein the south, maybe. wen i see in Georgia or South Carolia a Confederate flag, it means they are showing heritige. i don understand why that pisses you off. it doesnt mean they are racist.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 07:38:36 Reply

At 7/1/05 01:45 AM, UndergroundSun wrote: Ok, I realize this is a good form of hyprocricy

Indeed.

My advice would be to teach yourself to tolerate it. That seems to be the "in" thing nowdays.

We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

BBS Signature
HilariousGenocide
HilariousGenocide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 07:45:38 Reply

I thought the rednecks were set against equal rights because they thought that the slaves (which outnumbered the whites I think) would rise up and kil them all as revenge.

jobelow
jobelow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 07:55:10 Reply

The whole "heritage not hate" argument is utter cr*cker bullshit.

The stars and bars was only a battle flag later made popular by white supremacist groups. People who wave said flag have a deeper motive for it, and this is a superficial excuse.

T-H
T-H
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 08:02:31 Reply

To someone like me, with mild knowledge of the American civil war, the confederate flag makes me think of racism, you can argue that it doesn't through technicalities, but for people looking at the USA from overseas, most of them will see someone with a confederate flag on their door as a redneck black hater. Basically not as a very nice kind of person. They are setting a bad example for the nation, as the flag is of no importance nowadays (is it?)

jobelow
jobelow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Confederate Flag 2005-07-01 08:05:16 Reply

The stars and bars flag was never of any importance in its original context!

It was co-opted by certain cretins and given its new insidious meaning. It originally meant no more than a 101st airborne patch.