00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why worship god?

4,432 Views | 111 Replies

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 19:11:52

At 7/1/05 12:39 PM, thelordofcheese wrote:
At 7/1/05 10:48 AM, jobelow wrote: some idiotic regurgitation of his uneducated vomit

no, actually i have studied asian religion for quite a while, and i wasn't addressing it directly. I was addressing specifically your attempt at arguing an elliptical point that god exists because you can define god to be whatever you want.

Like I said, read up on Hiduism and Buddhism. You apparently form your ideas without understanding the ideas of other people. You fail at life.

Read the Rig Veda, the Upanishads, the Baghivad-Gita, and the Buddhist Scriptures, studied them in depth under the direction of a well-informed professor, and understand them quite well. And I form my ideas from what makes sense in the world. How could you say I fail at life when you don't even know me?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 19:17:29

At 6/30/05 02:45 PM, -------Shadic------- wrote: TO all that read this, THanks. I hope you take what I have said and apply it to yourself.

First of all, you're 13. You haven't had enough life experience in the real world to determine much of anything. The only evidence you're going off of is your favorite band claiming atheism is the way to go and maybe your mommy and daddy got laid off from work.

Now, it seems that non-believers try to force their beliefs on Christians and other religious folks more than we try to get them to follow a path of obedience.

Nearly all religions teach acceptance of other people's views. I don't make topics all day telling you as to why you SHOULD believe in God. It's pointless, chances are, I'm never going to change your deadfast mind.

Athiests are very contradicting. They claim they shouldn't lead their lives by what a God tells them. Well, why are you trying to force your beliefs on someone else who doesn't agree with them? You keep telling them they're wrong, stupid, and idiotic for believing in a higher being.

Well, they think you're as stupid for NOT believing in Creation. However, the maturity level of most religious people and most athiests (not saying everyone of both groups is like this) is that people who follow the word of their God don't force it on others. Athiests have a power problem. They feel like they HAVE to convince you that they're ALWAYS right.

To the topic starter, you won't alter anyone's mind you sputtering dick. Get out in the world before you make assumptions of anything. I doubt anyone will learn a life lesson from a 13 year old....

In conclusion....SHADDUP!

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 19:25:50

Worshipping God is not manditory for life, and honestly not even manditory for salvation. The only thing He askes for is that we believe in Him and ask for forgiveness because we all know we are imperfect. See, I choose to believe and worship Him because I get forgiveness for free, basically. Most people don't see things in the light they were meant to be seen in as a whole. My suggestion is look inside yourself..do you even really need to say anything? You only make yourself out to be the fool when you make comments like that out loud. Religion is a personal thing, and even though you have the right to freedom of speech, you also have the right to remain silent. Maybe you should think about that before you go jumping on a topic which is supposed to be a very personal thing to all people. Religion is a thing of choice. If it is not real, then all the Christians are fools...if it is, who do you think will have the last laugh? Think about it real hard before you go making a fool of yourself. I did this as nicely as I could...

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 19:31:21

ok, i'm sober now, but i have yet to sleep.

At 7/1/05 03:11 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote: I see it creation as a planned, intelligent design. God saw something had to be done, and He made it so. Maybe He saw there was a need for gravitational laws and various other laws needed to bind what we call existance together. I can't go so far as to provide exact specifications, but He could've very well concocted something as complex and precise as what scientists accredit the Big Bang to. Like baking a cake, He intelligently designed the creation, and possibly, the Big Bang was when he stuck it in the oven to "complete" His little project.

Ah, the Intelligent Design argument. We had a big ol time with that one a few years ago when i was in school. A minister/divinity professor came to my (liberal arts) college to debate with an atheist philosophy grad student, sparked campus-wide dialog, everybody had something to say.

The minister's most colorful analogy was something along the lines of "You're walking along the beach and a watch washes ashore. You pick up the watch, and you say to yourself, 'this is a rather complex object. It must have required a watchmaker."

The flaw in that is that life is less like a watch and more like a diamond in the rough. You don't assume because it's shiny and can withstand the elements over a long period of time that it had to have an intelligent creator.

Of course diamonds aren't quite comparable to organisms either, other than they are tough and made of carbon. But my take on it is, we have a perfectly good explanation for the existence of life, including humans, in evolution, and the addition of an Intelligent Designer only adds unnecessary baggage that one has to "fit in" to the scheme of things rather forcefully to satisfy a need for belief.

What I don't understand is why humans are the animals to have evolved in such a superior way that they have no other species on Earth to rival itself. I don't believe we were merely poofed into existance here on Earth, but I believe the design of homo Sapiens superior intellect, from day 1 as an ape, using opposable thumbs to manipulate the world around us, to today as stewards of the planet, was something like frosting on the great cake of creation.

Foregoing a mind-bending tangent into the mechanisms of evolution, we can look at it as a kind of spontaneous design from an encapsulated level. Man developed intellect as a better means of hunting and surviving harsh elements given biological limitations below the brainpan. This is explained in depth in any anthropology 101 course. The only thing science views as special in mankind above other species is his ability to singularly cause mass extinction, which is an after-the-fact glitch, not a design element.

I disagree, on the grounds that our ancestors of millions of years ago had no thought or knowledge of the vastness of their surrounding universe, large and small. The further we dig into atoms and deeper we reach into space, the more organized chaos we see, harnessed somehow. Our ancestors knew only of survival, which they excelled at. Once they no longer had to worry about day to day survival, it opened the door to all the intricate introspection that came with all that free time.

I'm sorry, but your rebuttal doesn't seem to parse. It appears you've gone off on a tangent.

My allignment with faith's side, rather than strictly the scientific approach, is that I know many of the people around me would be truly miserable if they did not have faith. Some people really, really need it, to cope, to guide, to give thanks. Right now, there is no substitute for what religion does for them. It's helps them be better people. I've yet to encounter, personally, the nutcases who bend and warp what I believe religion was intended to be.. a foundation to grow upon.

I'm surrounded by said nutcases in my part of the country, and maybe sadly so, but i think those who need religion as the crutch you make it out to be possess a certain weakness and desperation unbecoming of the superior being you see mankind to be.

I don't need to be sat down every Sunday and preached to about the trials and tribulations, the lessons learned via the Bible/Koran/whatever

So you can throw out the establishment, but feel free to borrow their ideas, which one outside the establishment could easily view as flawed if not completely false...

Modern humanity craves order, and drawing lines is how we achieve this order. Ironically, it's where most of our problems are rooted... in those lines we've drawn.

I find that schools of thought which prefer chaos over order tend to be more successful endeavors, because this follows the natural flow of our entropic universe.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 20:19:09

At 6/30/05 02:49 PM, DevoLver wrote: you can always worship God because he supports anal sex .

he also suppurts oral sex.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 22:01:15

At 7/1/05 03:25 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote:

:: disrespectful to your elders

oh ya, such an elder. now you fail.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 22:20:47

At 6/30/05 02:51 PM, Placebo wrote: Um, try reading the Bible before you come up with this stuff.

Thanks.

EXACLY. Try and go to church to, you might, lemme try this again. You WILL learn somthing.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 22:25:18

i have this neat little loophole to believing in God.
See, i was never baptized. however i DO believe in God. not being baptized gives me the ability to worship God in anyway i see fit, without following all those retarded christian rituals. like in church, shaking everyone's hand... while it is fun, wats the point???? i shake hands with ppl all the time. ill go up to a friend, shake his hand, and say, Hey! im worshipping God!

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 22:26:51

so many deists these days...

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 22:48:40

If everyone believed in something wrong does this make it right?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 23:12:31

"Why worship god?"

kuz well go driveby on yah momies ass if yea dont bitch!!!!!!

Why worship god?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 23:24:45

At 7/1/05 01:08 PM, wesdood wrote: why shouoldn't people worship god?

Because god is a thing that was created by Man and i choose not to listen to Men but listen to myself....................PWND!

Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-01 23:40:54

i just want to say a couple things:
all the non-believers who say:
if there is a god then why do all these children die
and why people get cancer
and good things happen to bad people and vice versa
you're not supposed to understand him that's why he gets to be called god
and you get to be called 16 or 20 or whatever your age is
if God's intellect is equal to MINE...you all are in a world of hurt

and also those who say:
so you're saying I should just believe in god so I don't go to HELL
pretty much

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 05:03:00

I believe because there's a whole lot more to gain than there is to lose plus he already sent his kid to die for us we owe him one bitches. ;) plus he gave us 50AE's and apples along with everything else we owe him for dat too.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 05:04:18

did you just reanimate this crap?! ARRGH!

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 05:06:05

which crap

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 05:14:22

At 6/30/05 02:58 PM, bbeastieboy wrote: how do you fucking idiots know there is a god

how do u know there isnt a god?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 05:15:59

At 6/30/05 03:10 PM, -------Shadic------- wrote: I never said I don't believe in god mkay, I just don't see a reason to worship a random choice he made.

do you believe in god?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 05:22:09

if there's still a chance to make this thread semi intellectual, READ THE BIBLE IT'S HIS LITTLE INSTRUCTION BOOK DUDE!

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 05:30:53

Because he's God...duh

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 09:56:43

At 7/2/05 05:22 AM, thedevilmaycry01 wrote: if there's still a chance to make this thread semi intellectual, READ THE BIBLE IT'S HIS LITTLE INSTRUCTION BOOK DUDE!

No it's not. It's a novel writen by many different authors during different time periods for different reasons. It contradicts itself and it's utterly stupid. Most people who place their faith in it either don't understand it or have never read it. Here's all you have to understand about it: "Obey and don''t think! Disregard all that does not make sense! It doesn't need to make sense! Jesus has 4 different lineages, and he can because he wasn't born in a normal fashion! Also, women are inferior!"

Response to Why worship god? 2005-07-02 10:33:28

I worship the almighty cheese!