00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do you make movies longer?

695 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do you make movies longer? 2002-08-07 01:03:42

I make my flash movies at 120 frame speed cause otherwise it looks like crap, but then at 16,000 frames it won't let me put anymore in. Is there any way possible to get more frames, or what speed should I be using that will make it look good? My last movie was 120 speed, but I want the frames to be like... smooth right? So, can anyone help me out?

Response to How do you make movies longer? 2002-08-07 01:14:05

do you mean the movie's fps (frames per second)? because if so, i am wondering just what the hell you are thinking. your fps should be no bigger than 24 or 26 for it to look good.

but if you mean the amount of frames in your movie... i don't know what you can do. personally, i would load the rest of it into the movie as a seperate .swf.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you make movies longer? 2002-08-07 01:25:51

Well, I dunno, but you see, if I put it as 120, everything is smooth. When I converted everything to about 26, everything became like rough... when I tried to make a character move to a certain place, he was like skip

Response to How do you make movies longer? 2002-08-07 01:33:24

At 8/7/02 01:25 AM, DragonfruitClock wrote: Well, I dunno, but you see, if I put it as 120, everything is smooth. When I converted everything to about 26, everything became like rough... when I tried to make a character move to a certain place, he was like skip

24 fps should be very smooth... unless you did something weird.

Response to How do you make movies longer? 2002-08-07 02:53:08

At 8/7/02 01:33 AM, Padfoot wrote:
At 8/7/02 01:25 AM, DragonfruitClock wrote: Well, I dunno, but you see, if I put it as 120, everything is smooth. When I converted everything to about 26, everything became like rough... when I tried to make a character move to a certain place, he was like skip
24 fps should be very smooth... unless you did something weird.

Maybe you should search for some animation tutorials on google, 'cause 120 Framespersecond is way too fast. YOu should only work at 12fps noramlly and 24fps in special cases

Response to How do you make movies longer? 2002-08-07 12:23:28

Thanks alot guys. And you wanna know the funny thing? I'm at the clock crew right? And I ask people the same question there, and alot people look at it, but no one posts. I don't think they really give a shit but neither do you guys, but atleast YOU GUYS help me! Thanks alot, I really mean it.

Response to How do you make movies longer? 2002-08-07 13:24:16

hey if your having a problem running out frames just try adding another scene. That would probably work. And everyone has a point about 120 frames per sec cause that is super fast. Like ya 24 frames should be really smooth... the only way I can think that it would be choppy would be like 3 frames to move something across the page. Then it would be choppy...