00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My .fla is about 13 mB! HELP!

858 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My .fla is about 13 mB! HELP! 2002-07-24 08:46:51

Help me! My .fla is around 13 megs! I don't get it.

Yes i have a song around 3 mB but i compressed it to 400 kB! and the rest is just coding... How can coding take up so much fuckin' space? And i don't even have put a preloader on, and credits and links and stuff!!!

What's the deal with it?

(The real problem about this is that i can't export it to .swf because my Flash 5 freezes!)

My game called 'How fast are you?' is coming on as soon as this problem is solved!

Response to My .fla is about 13 mB! HELP! 2002-07-24 09:01:57

13mb!? Damn!

Do you have any outside images (bmp, png, etc..) imported into your file? Alot of times, those will take up alot of space in your .fla.

The only other thing i could think of is maybe its some sort of weird buggy thing with your comp and/or program....try re-saving the file as something else.

there's my two cents, hope it helps.

Response to My .fla is about 13 mB! HELP! 2002-07-24 09:03:59

At 7/24/02 09:01 AM, Bibung wrote: 13mb!? Damn!

Do you have any outside images (bmp, png, etc..) imported into your file? Alot of times, those will take up alot of space in your .fla.

The only other thing i could think of is maybe its some sort of weird buggy thing with your comp and/or program....try re-saving the file as something else.

there's my two cents, hope it helps.

You see, that's the weird part... i only have one .gif
png takes up wades of bytes! but i use .gif and .jpg only in flash!
I'll try to resave it!

Response to My .fla is about 13 mB! HELP! 2002-07-24 09:07:20

what the fuck??
I resaved it... now it's 2 kB (not that i'm not happy with it, but i now i really think i have a bug on my game!)

Response to My .fla is about 13 mB! HELP! 2002-07-24 09:35:03

Well i managed to tear it down to 6.5 megs and so my pc is up to the job of exporting it to .swf

SO WATCH OUT FOR MY GAME CALLED 'How fast are you?'