liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:27 PM Reply

With the new collections system impending, we've been looking over one or two things - one of which is that authors are putting something along the lines of, "If you like this submission, then recommend it for a collection!" into their author comments.

Authors who pimp their work out by asking users to suggest their entries for inclusion in collections will most likely be ignored when it comes to having the submission that they're pimping included on the front page, or in collections - your work will speak for itself.

If you haven't read Tom's comments about how voting will change next month, READ THIS.

Popsycle
Popsycle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:30 PM Reply

Cool, thnx for the heads up Jim!

Only The Ash Remain...

Sun-and-Moon
Sun-and-Moon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Nice! This is what I like to read.

ZeoIsGone
ZeoIsGone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:42 PM Reply

Maybe some kinda "collector" level in profiles for people who recomend things to collections that actualy get in. Kinda like wistle points. It could work... maybe, there are a buncha obvious ups and downs to that tho. Like, more people would be submiting things to collections just to gain profile cred. While at the same time, people would be more motivated.

Lol, I get it, more work... just an idea I had.

DaRk
DaRk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:48 PM Reply

Thanks for the info liljim!
Can't wait to see the finished product!

BBS Signature
orb
orb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:48 PM Reply

Thanks for the info, you just saved me from potentially making myself look retarded (oh wait, I am retarded :-\ )

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature
f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:51 PM Reply

At the current moment, there isn't much encouragement to recommend flashes for collections. It's not like it will help the users who are recommending, it will only help the authors. I think that is why they were mentioning it in the author's comments. I'd like to see this thing grow into something bigger though, most definitely. It will give exposure to a lot of older flashes that would normally be overlooked by all new users. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

tre

BBS Signature
asdfrasdfg
asdfrasdfg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:52 PM Reply

This is a good thing to note for everyone. If there is one thing I don't like about some movies it's useless author comments.

ramagi
ramagi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:54 PM Reply

Well I mostly notice users putting this should be on the front page in reviews. Or when they choose to abuse the system, Why is this on the front page.
Then I usally deal with that from the review mod point of view.

HairydragonballZ
HairydragonballZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:57 PM Reply

good job liljim, thinking of all the angles
people try such as mass voting.

Preternatural
Preternatural
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Programmer
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:57 PM Reply

Ahh.. nice way of sorting out the movies, I like it.

However, I noticed there isn't a tutorial collection. I know there are A LOT of tutorials out there, but we'll just have to choose the best ones and/or the most innovative.

w0lf
w0lf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 10:59 PM Reply

Hopefully getting a submission into a collection won't be as tediously slow as say, marking a review abusive :-\

Bazi
Bazi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 11:12 PM Reply

cool news :D

The fab king.
Used to be Darkness.
[last.fm]|[Gym]|[Hiphop]|[Fab Lounge]

BBS Signature
ENRONCEO
ENRONCEO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 11:28 PM Reply

thast great,now go answer questions in ur postcount thread

DarkRegion
DarkRegion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 11:42 PM Reply

cant wait to see the finished product. its going to make things a hell of a l ot easier

Gagne-1
Gagne-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 11:43 PM Reply

That's great news. But i hope the collection page will not be filled with crap. Because mass suggesting could happen.

BluehawkDevotchka
BluehawkDevotchka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 13th, 2005 @ 11:54 PM Reply

some suggestions......maybe to filter out people just trying to pimp their work as liljim put it, it should get marked for review if users think it should be submitted to a collection. or for instance have a score of at least 3 (most of the Collection Flashes have decent or high scores even if they didn't make the front page or get immensely popular.)

Though some of the collections should be updated, not just in sense of adding things but taking away dead links. Some Dope Flash items were blammed or don't exist anymore and same with the other collections. Some were removed or blammed. It's disappointing.

Chris-Aldin
Chris-Aldin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 12:10 AM Reply

All this stuff is great to know. thanks to everyone who has valid adivce!

BBS Signature
AnzRage
AnzRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 12:28 AM Reply

Yeah i heard about the 250 for the games. Alright no more pimp'n for me then.

BBS Signature
Acid
Acid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 01:04 AM Reply

At 6/14/05 12:28 AM, AnzRage wrote: Yeah i heard about the 250 for the games. Alright no more pimp'n for me then.

acidrain7342: wai?
Anz Corp: i don't give picture to the ss
acidrain7342: i wont leak it
Anz Corp: plus ur not acid
Anz Corp signed off at 10:48:18 PM.

was there a reason for this?

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature
Zouk
Zouk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 01:22 AM Reply

Thanks for the info bro. Cheers!

BBS Signature
Dopefish
Dopefish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Reader
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 01:23 AM Reply

Thanks for the info liljim.

Have a lot of time on your hands? Want to help some starving children eat for free? Visit Free Rice and start playing today. Each correct answer donates 20 grains of rice!

BBS Signature
cherrorist
cherrorist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 6/13/05 10:57 PM, NazelbikAuthor wrote: Ahh.. nice way of sorting out the movies, I like it.

However, I noticed there isn't a tutorial collection. I know there are A LOT of tutorials out there, but we'll just have to choose the best ones and/or the most innovative.

Hear hear!

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 01:39 AM Reply

well I will add to the generic and say thanks for the info liljim even though he wont read my post.
So only flash authors can click that submit to collections button. Instead of it being inactive and being able to see it it should be hidden.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Denvish
Denvish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 02:04 AM Reply

At 6/13/05 10:27 PM, liljim wrote: With the new collections system impending, we've been looking over one or two things - one of which is that authors are putting something along the lines of, "If you like this submission, then recommend it for a collection!" into their author comments.

Where should people post suggestions for new collections? The Evolution thread?

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 03:06 AM Reply

im gay

someone-else
someone-else
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 03:06 AM Reply

I can only hope that the "Collections" are competed soon.

int experience, posts;
while(experience/10 >= posts)
{posts++};

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 03:41 AM Reply

At 6/14/05 02:04 AM, Denvish wrote

You better get your deleting stick out if everyone knows about the Evolution thread they are going to post redunt ideas of what should be a collection or what should be submitted. I just hope there isnt a dragonballz series only stuff from aherdofgoats an rpj if it was made.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Denvish
Denvish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 6/14/05 03:41 AM, iscruLz wrote: At 6/14/05 02:04 AM, Denvish wrote
You better get your deleting stick out if everyone knows about the Evolution thread they are going to post redunt ideas of what should be a collection or what should be submitted. I just hope there isnt a dragonballz series only stuff from aherdofgoats an rpj if it was made.

Hmmm, true. Maybe I should start a new topic specifically for suggesting new collections.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature
Inglor
Inglor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Collections, Front Page - Heads Up! Jun. 14th, 2005 @ 06:34 AM Reply

At 6/14/05 03:43 AM, Denvish wrote: Hmmm, true. Maybe I should start a new topic specifically for suggesting new collections.

good idea, or even a very basic PHP system that when 200 users agree on a collection idea, the menagment gets a look at it and decides