00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sexuality

5,679 Views | 39 Replies

Sexuality 2001-04-14 00:11:18

I am not nor ever will be homophobic I will make sure my kids (If I ever have any) will not be either. I am not gay, however I Love Gay, Straight, and Bi, people in fact most if not all are the sweetest, most unbiased people you could ever meet. However something interesting I heard in the news: A boy was suspended from school for wearing a "Straight Pride T-Shirt" the boy is suing the school, and is currently wearing a shirt entitled "I am being repressed". The school says it's hurting gay and lesbian and bisexual groups who attend that school, Where do we draw the line? Do we alienate every induvidual because they are different? My take on this is, why do people have to advertise they are straight or gay, does it matter? Do we really care who people prefer to fuck, it's a double edged sword, gay and straight and bisexual people are proclaiming their pride about being gay, straight, or bi which is all well and good, but in the same aspect they are just making people angry by shoving that in their face, and when people see something out of the ordinary it's abstract to them at first and they act in a prejudicial manner. I do think that any person, Black, White, Brown, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Straight etc.. do and should have the right to proclaim their pride, but for me I don't care what your sexual prefrence is, I respect you for you, not your sexual preference. It's none of my business nor should it be someone else's except between you and your lover, I mean if someone told me that they were gay, I would be like "that's kewl" I mean I wouldn't know what else to say, not to offend them or not to make them feel I have sympathy for them, because they are not widely accepted among the majority of the world, they don't want that, they want to be treated equally not any different. I am Bi-Racial I'm half Indian and half Irish, and when i grew up I got made fun of a lot in school because of that, but I hold no anger or vengance towards those who made fun of me, no I blame it purely on ignorance, because most of us are whether we like to admit it or not an ignorant society, most of us believe what is told to us without hearing from both sides. As for the Eminem controversy, his lyrics against gays and physical abuse are wrong and stupid, but it is artistic expression, I am totally against censorship, every artist has the right to express themselves, but be prepared for the feedback you may get whether it be good or bad as for the Duet with Elton John at the Grammys it's good to know that both Elton and Eminem put aside their differences and performed together.

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 00:16:05

wow...somebody actually DOES care about the person inside over the race or orientation out there. Pretty rare. VJ20, you are a great person

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 00:35:28

At 4/14/01 12:16 AM, NuKe929 wrote: wow...somebody actually DOES care about the person inside over the race or orientation out there. Pretty rare. VJ20, you are a great person

I think NuKe929 is vj20.

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 00:38:47

and I think untitled is sarcasmo or whatever the fuck that guy's name is.

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 00:42:06

At 4/14/01 12:38 AM, Vj20 wrote: and I think untitled is sarcasmo or whatever the fuck that guy's name is.

So, I changed my name then changed it back.

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 00:49:53

Miyagi: Focus Daniel san, Black Sensei: Finish him, (cue karate kid dramatic music) Miyagi: Focus...

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 03:03:52

hmmm

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 04:40:37

All for naught.....

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 08:59:23

its things like jackass and eminem that annoy people because they can't handle the truth. they'd rather supress stuff and keep things equal then let people think and act for themselves. I know some people are assholes who ruined it for the rest of us, but the more they deny the worse the problem gets. where did that kid get the shirt? i want one

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 09:10:36

You like to type don't you?

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-14 09:24:48

At 4/14/01 12:35 AM, untitled wrote:
At 4/14/01 12:16 AM, NuKe929 wrote: wow...somebody actually DOES care about the person inside over the race or orientation out there. Pretty rare. VJ20, you are a great person
I think NuKe929 is vj20.

nope. i aint, but from the looks of it we have very similar beleifs.

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-15 00:23:15

37 dix in a row? wow

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-16 10:28:14

At 4/14/01 12:11 AM, Vj20 wrote: SNIP

I agree with you, where do we draw the line? Why does it matter what people are? *Who* they are should be a better way to put it, that's what I care about. I stopped going to pride festivals a few years ago, because so many people there have the same attitude. Anyway, why should people be proud to be gay, or straight, or black, or white, or hispanic, short, or tall, or whatever? Those are characteristics that people cannot change about themselves. I could say that I am proud of myself for the work I do at my job, or proud that I am a good artist. I don't go around saying I am proud to be bisexual (well, not anymore). Equal rights? Yes! Work for it! Affirmative action? Bullshit. People should all have the same rights as everyone else, they should have more rights because they are different.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-17 17:19:48

Thanx FP :)

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-17 20:27:51

And now, from an artist's perspective:

Love between consenting adults is beutiful, and sex is just the highest expression of that deep physical love. It too, either between two people of the oposite sex, or two of the same sex, is very beutiful.

I have a lot of respect for gays and lesbians, and straight people too. either case, there is nothing wrong with being proud of what you are (unless you're a rapist or pedophile)

This boy was just expressing his pride in himself, rather harmlessly too. I say I'm glad to be straight, doesn't mean I would hate to be gay.

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-17 20:36:57

At 4/17/01 08:27 PM, EvilGeishaWoman wrote: And now, from an artist's perspective:

Love between consenting adults is beutiful, and sex is just the highest expression of that deep physical love. It too, either between two people of the oposite sex, or two of the same sex, is very beutiful.

I have a lot of respect for gays and lesbians, and straight people too. either case, there is nothing wrong with being proud of what you are (unless you're a rapist or pedophile)

This boy was just expressing his pride in himself, rather harmlessly too. I say I'm glad to be straight, doesn't mean I would hate to be gay.

Thats because: You probably truly hide your a lesbian!!
No, you shouldn't get mad, you should just admit it and come out of the closet, you even said you wouldn't mind being gay yourself!! Then again, I HATE faggots and lesbians and transexuals and morphadikes and anything else i forgot to mention. LOL!!

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-17 20:40:36

At 4/17/01 08:27 PM, EvilGeishaWoman wrote: And now, from an artist's perspective:

?

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-17 20:47:33

if i can shOOt rabbits then why cant i shOOt facists?

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-04-18 01:48:10

Kisses to you my darling.
You get more amazing the more I get to know you!

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 02:14:09

At 4/17/01 08:40 PM, Adambomb wrote:

?

??

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 02:46:09

??

Do you often feel the need to write lengthy posts that are no more than a pat on the back for yourself just so you can dig them up months later for no particular reason?

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 02:55:27

I live in a small town, where everyone is very closed-minded...Back a few months ago, when that whole Matthew Shepard: Anatomy of a Hate Crime was on, I was DISGUSTED to find that almost everyone in my school thought thast was like a funny movie...and that 'hey if i saw a faggot i'd kill 'em too!'. And I DARED to speak my mind on the subject, and i was considered a 'faggot' for not having the views of everyone else. And that God hates gay people and that they're evil. bullshit. People are born with certain sexual desires, some people are attracted to men, some women, some both. There is NOTHING wrong with this at all! I, personally, am straight, but that has nothing to do with anything. I mean, I catch myself calling people
'fags', and making jokes about gay people... i really shouldn't...but that's the way it is in a small town. It takes years and years before any new beliefs can be commonly accepted, and the parents keep teaching their children the same thing. That Gays are evil, that blacks and hispanics are criminals, that jews are cheap, or whatever, and it takes many years before people start realising how wrong they are. And if more people aren't willing to make a stand, this will go on forever. I had some support at my school, but not much. I think that if there were more people were behind me, I could have changed things...but one can do so little in the face of long standing prejudice. It takes a veritable revolution just to undermine the most primitive of beliefs. There are always people who disagree with such things, but they need to band together to stop it. Homophobia is a major problem today and someone, no, not just someONE, everyone who believes in equal rights needs to take a stand against all prejudice.

hmm...i'm beginning to sound like an MTV public service announcement...i like it.

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 02:56:21

At 8/28/01 02:46 AM, Momar wrote:
??
Do you often feel the need to write lengthy posts that are no more than a pat on the back for yourself just so you can dig them up months later for no particular reason?

No... And I don't write posts that are only written to make fun of the person and make yourself look smart... Damn!

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 02:56:38

I agree with Vj20, Andrea, and EGW.

There is nothing wrong with anybody's sexuality. Nor is there anything wrong with one's religion, race, creed...whatever! If it's not harming or teaching harm, what is the big deal? [And harm can come in many forms, "physical" being the least of the lot.]

But then, I was raised in a family which has no problems with this sort of thing. We don't "tolerate" other people's sexuality, religion or creed. We "accept" it. And "accepting" is a far larger jump than tolerance. To "tolerate" means you're just putting up with it. To accept it means that you understand it and have no problem with it at all. In my family [or rather, my mom's side of the family], it all dates back to when my grandmother was a hairdresser in England. She worked alongside many homosexual male hairdressers so she became quite used to it and she doesn't think anything of it now. In fact, she quite likes homosexual people, because the ones she knew were very pleasant people. That opinion was something taught down through the generations and I echo it as I go through my life.

Personally, I can't understand those who discriminate. Why would anyone hate someone based on religion? Based on sexuality? I mean, if it's not hurting your life, why should you worry about it?

I have honestly thought of joining the GLB [Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual] club at my university, even though I am straight. Why? Because I would like to show my support that way. Why don't I? I just don't want to give mixed messages. But I have supported every fund-raising event they have put on. :)

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 02:58:04

At 8/28/01 02:46 AM, Momar wrote:
??

it's an important issue...not a 'pat on the back'...in fact...as you can see in my previous post...this sort of thing normally comes back to bite you.

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 09:45:19

Thats because: You probably truly hide your a lesbian!!
No, you shouldn't get mad, you should just admit it and come out of the closet, you even said you wouldn't mind being gay yourself!! Then again, I HATE faggots and lesbians and transexuals and morphadikes and anything else i forgot to mention. LOL!!

u do know that everyone's gonna think ur an dumbass. right?

Sexuality

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 09:49:33

i totally agree with you Vijay..but im to tired to type....

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 14:43:51

At 4/14/01 12:11 AM, Vj20 wrote: (snip)However something interesting I heard in the news: A boy was suspended from school for wearing a "Straight Pride T-Shirt" the boy is suing the school, and is currently wearing a shirt entitled "I am being repressed". The school says it's hurting gay and lesbian and bisexual groups who attend that school, Where do we draw the line? (snip)

It goes with the circumstances I guess. Did he make comments in the past that would lead one to believe that the shirt was a statement meant to hurt others? Did he do it as a publicity stunt to get some media attention? (That's my guess.) Always remember to not fly off of the handle at a story like this, the media always sensationalizes something like this to be a scandal, yet somehow forgets to leave out pertinent things like facts.

As for Elton John and M&M, that was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Elton will do just about anything for enough cash, and Eninem supposedly said that he didn't know that Elton John is gay. (Umm... Suuuuure.)

-Septy.

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 15:34:15

At 8/28/01 02:43 PM, Septimus wrote: As for Elton John and M&M, that was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Elton will do just about anything for enough cash, and Eninem supposedly said that he didn't know that Elton John is gay. (Umm... Suuuuure.

I think Elton John is boning Eminem.

Response to Sexuality 2001-08-28 17:13:18

A gay person wearing a gaypride shirt is just as bad as a person wearing a shirt with an advertisement on it, such as nike or whatever-the-hell the kids are wearing nowadays.