Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 712,687 Views
  • 35,232 Replies
New Topic
TritoneAngel
TritoneAngel
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 11:20:59

At 12/22/08 08:18 PM, Chronamut wrote: chronos, cronus, whatever.. greek god of time..

FYi: Chronos is the time god; Cronus/Kronos is the titan.


<|> TritoneAngel <|>
<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.
<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork
(submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature
Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Member since: May. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 11:28:27

At 12/23/08 11:20 AM, TritoneAngel wrote:
At 12/22/08 08:18 PM, Chronamut wrote: chronos, cronus, whatever.. greek god of time..
FYi: Chronos is the time god; Cronus/Kronos is the titan.

The Time God and the Titan are the same guy.


BBS Signature
Grey-shado
Grey-shado
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 11:37:22

At 12/23/08 11:28 AM, Deflektor wrote:
At 12/23/08 11:20 AM, TritoneAngel wrote:
At 12/22/08 08:18 PM, Chronamut wrote: chronos, cronus, whatever.. greek god of time..
FYi: Chronos is the time god; Cronus/Kronos is the titan.
The Time God and the Titan are the same guy.

No,
The Titans were BEFORE the god's


"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Member since: May. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Phoog
Phoog
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 13:15:15

You're all nerds I tell you! NERDS!

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 13:45:28

At 12/23/08 01:15 PM, Ambimetric wrote: You're all nerds I tell you! NERDS!

As if that was an insult now a days...

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:22:16

the titans birthed the gods.. somehow.. I always found that weird..

Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Member since: May. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:33:59

At 12/23/08 12:47 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
hes right
http://edweb.sdsu.edu/people/bdodge/scaf fold/GG/titan.html

Wait, so who's right, there ? Me or Grey ?

sorry, a bit tired, take me time to figure out things

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:38:48

At 12/23/08 02:33 PM, Deflektor wrote:
At 12/23/08 12:47 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
hes right
http://edweb.sdsu.edu/people/bdodge/scaf fold/GG/titan.html
Wait, so who's right, there ? Me or Grey ?

sorry, a bit tired, take me time to figure out things

chronos is NOT cronus - cronus is a titan - chronos is the first god in existance - portrayed as a man with a really long beard - or father time.

alternatively spelled Khronos (transliteration of the Greek) or Chronus (Latin version) - he is the personification of time.

Chronos was imagined as an incorporeal god, serpentine in form, with three heads-that of a man, a bull, and a lion. He and his consort, serpentine Ananke (Inevitability), circled the primal world-egg in their coils and split it apart to form the ordered universe of earth, sea and sky.

He was depicted in Greco-Roman mosaics as a man turning the Zodiac Wheel. Often the figure is named Aeon (Eternal Time), a common alternate name for the god.

Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Member since: May. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:43:06

Oh, i understand now. In french, the names of the Titan and the Time God are exactly the same, but no one agrees on which name is the right one. So yeah, it gets a bit confusing. Besides, i've been experiencing memory loss recently, so i may have lost some information.

Anyways thanks for clearing things up.


BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:46:40

At 12/23/08 02:43 PM, Deflektor wrote: Oh, i understand now. In french, the names of the Titan and the Time God are exactly the same, but no one agrees on which name is the right one. So yeah, it gets a bit confusing. Besides, i've been experiencing memory loss recently, so i may have lost some information.

Anyways thanks for clearing things up.

no problem - you should have just asked me originally - I of all people would know ;)

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Member since: May. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:53:14

HEY any of you audiofags play left4dead?
just think it would be fun to play with my fellow audiofags and hear your bitching and moaning on a headset instead of here lol

Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Member since: May. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:53:46

At 12/23/08 02:46 PM, Chronamut wrote:
no problem - you should have just asked me originally - I of all people would know ;)

Well, the thing is, i was convinced i knew the whole story, since i had interest in Mythologies for years. Now, i am convinced that i fail, utterly and totally.


BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 14:56:25

At 12/23/08 02:53 PM, Deflektor wrote:
At 12/23/08 02:46 PM, Chronamut wrote:
no problem - you should have just asked me originally - I of all people would know ;)
Well, the thing is, i was convinced i knew the whole story, since i had interest in Mythologies for years. Now, i am convinced that i fail, utterly and totally.

ya ive also had an interest in mythology for years :) - then again.. I HAVE been around longer than you ;)

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Member since: May. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 15:04:03

At 12/23/08 02:56 PM, Chronamut wrote:

ya ive also had an interest in mythology for years :) - then again.. I HAVE been around longer than you ;)

i have been around the loingest.. im fucking ancient... i acctaully was one of the titans so therefore i know more than even the gods.. BTW i have poisiden tattoo'd on muh arm... hes a childhood hero of mine.. plus i was obbsessed with greek and roman mythology when i was younger and read almost any book about it that i could get my little grubby hands on.

27 and on newgrounds FTF

TMM43
TMM43
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 15:34:23

Who's B-day?

SS or it didn't happen.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 15:38:04

At 12/23/08 03:04 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
At 12/23/08 02:56 PM, Chronamut wrote:

ya ive also had an interest in mythology for years :) - then again.. I HAVE been around longer than you ;)
i have been around the loingest.. im fucking ancient... i acctaully was one of the titans so therefore i know more than even the gods.. BTW i have poisiden tattoo'd on muh arm... hes a childhood hero of mine.. plus i was obbsessed with greek and roman mythology when i was younger and read almost any book about it that i could get my little grubby hands on.

27 and on newgrounds FTF

well if you are going along that logic chronos was around before cronus, which makes me vastly older than you :)

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 17:01:33

LOL. finishing off songs is phun.

oh we you were talking about mythology? :p lololol
Phoog
Phoog
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 17:06:12

At 12/23/08 05:01 PM, MICHhimself wrote: LOL. finishing off songs is phun.
oh we you were talking about mythology? :p lololol

No we weren't? Where did you get that idea?

SO SONGS HUH?

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 17:34:26

At 12/23/08 05:06 PM, Ambimetric wrote:
At 12/23/08 05:01 PM, MICHhimself wrote: LOL. finishing off songs is phun.
oh we you were talking about mythology? :p lololol
No we weren't? Where did you get that idea?

SO SONGS HUH?

YESH. songs. I'm just exporting, listening to flaws, things that could be better. Then changing those things, and exporting again. Since my FL is teh uber lag when I try to listen in there.

Koriigahn
Koriigahn
  • Member since: Jun. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 18:36:05

Oh god i just installed the Vista Transformation pack into my system folder for NO REASON AT ALL! :'(

I canneh revert back to XP now :(


BBS Signature
Grey-shado
Grey-shado
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 23:33:12

At 12/23/08 06:36 PM, Koriigahn wrote: Oh god i just installed the Vista Transformation pack into my system folder for NO REASON AT ALL! :'(

I canneh revert back to XP now :(

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOUR COMPY!!!!!!

Ftw god that was probably the worst Idea ever!


"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 00:19:24

oh lads hold me. Where the HELL IS ENVY'S SONG ON TOP 30 :0!??!!??!

There is a disturbance in the fooooooorce.

Grey-shado
Grey-shado
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 00:39:39

At 12/24/08 12:19 AM, MaestroRage wrote: oh lads hold me. Where the HELL IS ENVY'S SONG ON TOP 30 :0!??!!??!

There is a disturbance in the fooooooorce.

I'll hold you :3
but i don't see a problem.... envy can do just fine without a song on the top 30 for a while...

Theres only a disturbance in the fooooooorce when someone eats their own mouth.


"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 00:40:42

haha, I know I know. But still, it's been like what, a year solid that song's been up there. It feels awkward nao.

Grey-shado
Grey-shado
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 00:41:29

At 12/24/08 12:40 AM, MaestroRage wrote: haha, I know I know. But still, it's been like what, a year solid that song's been up there. It feels awkward nao.

ORLY? thats new never new that... he deserves an award!


"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature
mhb
mhb
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 04:03:11

ok here's a question for you guys...

what the hell is all his rule 10 mumbo jumbo bullshit shit?


my youtube.
click it.

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 06:20:10

At 12/24/08 04:03 AM, mhb wrote: ok here's a question for you guys...

what the hell is all his rule 10 mumbo jumbo bullshit shit?

Rule #10. LOL.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 09:19:26

haha tenchu-x got "she was dreaming in the rain" in the top 30 - right after I talked about him whoring that song out in the past.. how.. ironic.. its from 2004 hahaha XD

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Member since: May. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 09:37:40

I saw the WU TANG CLAN LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS FUCKIN AWESOME!!!!
sippin on beer smokin blunts and jumpion around like a rabid monkey high on the force.. tara got to go backstage with her friend.. she somehow muscled her way to the front. i was pretty much in i guess what you would call a rap concert mosh pit.

effin sweet time... got home at 1:30 am ordered some mozz sticks fried chicken and disco fries and we ate ourselves to sleep ... i had the munchies BAD...

so today is christmas eve and we are goin to taras dads house for lobster shrimp scallops and other tasty seafood treats.. merry christmas eve