00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,092,577 Views | 32,915 Replies

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 03:10:29

My topic for the 5-by got deleted.
Why the hell would they do that. If they're not going to do anything about the zero voting that's one thing, but to suppress the countering of 0's does not make any fucking sense to me.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 03:14:07

No, the exact same thing have happened in the flash section, and its to be compared with the barney bunch and such. Right now it might seem justified, but stil htere are many who desrves 5s that dont get it, cause they arent hangnin out in the forum. thats just how it goes, and to be honest i think its justified. Just stop fucking caring bout hte score allready :)

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 05:34:59

Zero-voter detected. Approach to destroy.

I'm HELL sick of it.

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 11:37:20

At 5/24/06 05:34 AM, Distortzion wrote: Zero-voter detected. Approach to destroy.

I'm HELL sick of it.

Why do you people still care about goddamn scores? Lighten up a bit...

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 11:59:01

At 5/24/06 11:37 AM, -ZENON- wrote:
At 5/24/06 05:34 AM, Distortzion wrote: Zero-voter detected. Approach to destroy.

I'm HELL sick of it.

I care because it directly affects listenership. A higher ranked audio file is more easily found by listeners (on the front page of its section for example) and is more likely to be heard by a greater audience. A lower scored song, regardless of actual quality, will quickly become buried in the abyss of pages, banished, only to be listened to by intrepid listeners who seek it out or happen to find it by chance. In short, zero-voters make it harder for my music to reach a larger audience. That's why it pisses me off.

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 12:10:43

You know what guys? I really don´t care if noone listens or review my music anyomre (uhm, half-lie...) I really don´t care bout the scores, haven´t done so in a looong while. But you all know what I care bout?
You guys.
I love you guys.
<3

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 12:15:23

At 5/24/06 11:37 AM, -ZENON- wrote:

I'm HELL sick of it.

What Triton sez.

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 12:42:56

At 6/7/05 05:20 PM, Denvish wrote: Haha, I wish. No, mods don't get paid for any part of their NG work (unless you're Afro_Ninja winning $250 in the monthly awards for NG SIM =) We just put up with this shit for free =D

I should go on a strike...
Nah, just kidding, this is just a site, made by two normal people, and one of them made a game where you can club a seal, pretty normal.
I mean, i would do the same =D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 12:50:36

If everyone cares so much about scores and getting their music to a wide audience, then why the hell are you putting your music in the portal in the first place? Start up a soundclick or myspace account and use that instead...there's potential for millions of people to listen to your music, versus the miniscule amount of people that actually do visit the oft overlooked audio portal.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 13:09:47

At 5/24/06 12:50 PM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: If everyone cares so much about scores and getting their music to a wide audience, then why the hell are you putting your music in the portal in the first place?

To have people listen to it from NG. :)

Start up a soundclick or myspace account and use that instead...there's potential for millions of people to listen to your music, versus the miniscule amount of people that actually do visit the oft overlooked audio portal.

Why would I do that instead? I'll do both. Even if the audience here is "miniscule", which I don't think it is, I'd want it to be maximized.

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 14:14:39

Oh please, don´t start another discussion about zero voting and the voting system and all that? Havnet weve been over this a million times? argh... Boring me to death.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 14:19:09

At 5/24/06 02:14 PM, Rucklo wrote: Oh please, don´t start another discussion about zero voting and the voting system and all that? Havnet weve been over this a million times? argh... Boring me to death.

QUOTED FOR GREAT FUCKING JUSTICE.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-24 14:26:43

Start up a soundclick or myspace account and use that instead...there's potential for millions of people to listen to your music, versus the miniscule amount of people that actually do visit the oft overlooked audio portal.

I think I'm not ready yet for that. I'm here to get some experience, and an award or 3 =) Then, with enough skill, I gotta see what I should do.

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-25 06:54:51

MattBlair <3 google, but tell me, how is your relasionship with Google REALLY going? I heard there was an affair with Yahoo latley.... >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-25 07:05:49

At 5/23/06 07:25 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: my brain dead corpse will get the better of you yet

'(

WTF?

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-25 08:34:02

i would just like to say good afternoon to all my fellow britonians and europeans, also good morning to all you americans.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-25 20:03:11

ouch, I suffered my first (0 votage on EVERY song).

Wasn't prepared for that. Good thing scores don't mean much, or i'd be all Saint_Isiah and quit on yer faces!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-25 20:10:49

At 5/25/06 08:03 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: ouch, I suffered my first (0 votage on EVERY song).

Wasn't prepared for that. Good thing scores don't mean much, or i'd be all Saint_Isiah and quit on yer faces!

Lol @ Saint.

Even though as much of a stupid move that was that he made, he DID make a nice site.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-25 20:46:42

hey I just got a big all 0 hit too.

:'(... so in retaliation, I am going to go zero vote EVERY SONG on the AP, to make sure I get whoever got me back. Mwhaahaha!!!

Just joking, I couldn't do that to you guys :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-25 21:04:15

i'd just like to say a late goodnight/morning to all my fellow britonions and europhiles, to america i wish you good night.

please remember to feed the dog
look after your parents and yourselves
don't do drink or drugs (unless you really want to)
keep fighting the good fight

peace out kids

i'm off to bed now

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 09:01:36

At 5/25/06 08:03 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: ouch, I suffered my first (0 votage on EVERY song).

See? there is a curse here...

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 11:04:59

Well... my hearing is going to crap.

As most of you know, I have wasted 9 years of my life playing drums. My hearing is dying, and lots of noe naturally produces more earwax. And I don't clean my ears often.

So I took a shower last night, and as usual, I let the stream of water enter my right ear. Nothing happened, so I put it into my left ear as well (I have had SERIOUS problems with earwax before... and this is the second time this has heppened).

Water was in my ear, and clogged the hearing. I got worried, since the last time this happened, I went patially deaf in my right ear for 6 days. So, after the shower, I casually put a Q-tip in a cleaned it out, and I could hear again.

But it was fuzzy.

So I put the Q-tip back in and went really deep, and then heard a really LOUD pop, and I pulled the Q-tip out, and I couldn't hear.
At all.

If I cover my right ear, I canoot hear at all. There is such an earwax build-up that I can't even hear out of my left ear anymore. I have done all I can do get it out... but no prevail...

I'm going to the doctors today.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 11:09:29

holy fuck...

I would make a joke, but thats not funny.

I'll be praying for you man.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 11:12:03

At 5/26/06 11:04 AM, -ZENON- wrote: Well... my hearing is going to crap.

Holy fucking crap, man, i was just about to start a thread about bad hearing and stuff like that :(
I´ll do that after a game of friendly warcraft 3, and we´ll cry on each others shoulders... :(

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 11:19:47

Hey Z,

That sounds shit! I hope it gets better soon chief so we can all have some more sweet sweet Trance.

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 11:47:30

At 5/26/06 11:19 AM, curriemaster wrote: Hey Z,

That sounds shit! I hope it gets better soon chief so we can all have some more sweet sweet Trance.

I just finished making a song not being able to hear out of my left hear.

Turst me, its not easy. You always have to be tilting your head to the right side just so the panning and mastering doesn't get fucked...

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 11:49:07

You'll probably just need a syringing...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 11:57:00

At 5/26/06 11:49 AM, NeuFunk wrote: You'll probably just need a syringing...

A whadawhat?

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 12:43:02

if you heard a popping noise when budding your ears it's not good at all, idon't want to sound like a pessimist but.......it's a perforated ear drum, you wanna get to your doctor asap n get that shit checked out. if its a rinign it's tinnitus, and theres no cure to that, basically it starts off as a high pitch 'whistle' the lower the note goes the more deaf you are, there is no cure for it but you wanna take a gud rest from loud music for a while an let your ears recuperate. best wishes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-05-26 12:43:53

He means injecting you with a syringe, syring-ing is a legitimate word.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature